Fifteen

How to Love: Hard to Love

 

Chapter 15

 


This is the first time Hanbyul is blindfolded and handcuffed behind her back, and it was by her ex-boyfriend Do Kyungsoo. Apparently, he ‘kidnapped’ the high school girl out of the blue and drags her to a taxi (she thinks because she was sure she heard Kyungsoo asking for the pay) and then drags her again to somewhere crowded which Hanbyul cannot recognize.

“I’m scared.” Hanbyul confesses, she has goose bumps and she wants to go home. “I’m sorry but you’ll see later on,” Kyungsoo whispers in a rasp husky voice before pulling her somewhere. Seeing nothing but darkness, Hanbyul is seated on a chair and she can hear Kyungsoo’s footsteps and voice around her.

There is a microphone tuning sound and Hanbyul guesses that she is at some kind of a concert, maybe. Kyungsoo’s voice booms thorough her eardrums, “Thank you for coming everyone!”

The crowd cheers enthusiastically, making Hanbyul nervous. She looks around, but it is still useless because her eyes are covered by a piece of dark cloth. Hanbyul swears if she gets rid of this blindfold later, Kyungsoo is going to get it.

“This is a song for my ex-girlfriend,” Kyungsoo says in a cheerful tone, voice still trembling due to nervousness, “I ask for support from you all so she gives me a chance and we can get back together later!” Once again, Kyungsoo is rewarded a lively cheer from the crowd. He strums his guitar before starting, “This is for you, Hanbyul.”

“OOH,” the crowd grimaces at the cheesy line. Hanbyul’s cheeks heat up and she looks down shyly. Kyungsoo is such a cheese ball sometimes. After that, the university student starts singing and the people around them cheer along to his song.

Being born in the same country

Talking in the same language

We’re so lucky, it’s such a relief

Nothing is for certain in this world

 

On a day that I wore nice clothes

I met you, I was lucky

It’s because I did good in the past

 

I can call your name and I can hold your hand

Is the falling sunlight only shining on me? Can I be this happy?

You call my name and you lean on my shoulder

Is the sky’s sunlight only shining on you? Can you be that dazzling?

So lucky, my love

So lucky to have you

So lucky to be your love, I am, Hmm…

 

Hanbyul grins, as expected the crowd praises Kyungsoo for his talent and his bravery to pull out such getup. When the crowd stops clapping and cheering, Kyungsoo’s voice lingers into her eardrums through the microphone once again.

“I’m lucky to meet you, Son Hanbyul,” the high school girl can imagine his sweet smile whilst hearing his words, “Please be my love.”

And he utters those three words which make Hanbyul melt like ice cream.

“I love you, Son Hanbyul.”

With that, the crowd cheers once again and Kyungsoo continues the song. But Hanbyul doesn’t hear any of that because she is busy putting her puzzles together after being a mess thanks to Kyungsoo and his sudden confession. The song ends and she can’t hear his voice anymore. Then, she feels a hand brushing through her cheeks and she guesses it was Kyungsoo.

“I love you, Hanbyul. And I will say that every day to let you know what you worth,” he murmurs sweetly into her ear and plants a soft kiss on her forehead. They are awarded some cheers and chants of ‘KISS! KISS! KISS!’ in the background.

“Kiss her president!” a member of the Book Club, Jimin exclaims. The crowd breaks into a laugh because of him.

“Can you take off my blindfold?” Hanbyul asks and Kyungsoo obeys. Her eyes are now teary, touched by Kyungsoo’s sudden event. Thankfully, their faces are only centimeters away and Hanbyul doesn’t hesitate to kiss him passionately on the lips. Kyungsoo is surprised as first, but then he returns the kiss sweetly, initiating that their relationship didn’t end, but it had just started.

“Are you done, Sehunnie?”

Sehun exits his room with his luggage, “Yeah, I think I already packed everything,” he dusted off the invisible dirt on his clothes, “When’s the flight?”

“Two hours more,” Luhan answers, draping his arm around the younger’s shoulder. “I’m happy to be with you again, Hun.”

“Me too, hyung,” Sehun smiles. Ever since he woke up, the first person he saw was a familiar face – which he recognizes as his brother Luhan who he hasn’t met in 15 years. Sehun can’t remember that before the accident but the only thing he remembers now is just Luhan and how the separated before.

The flower boy can recall a day in the orphanage when he plays alone at the playground, his brother Luhan is with the supervisor. Their parents died in a plane crash so the two siblings are sent to Happy Orphanage by some nice adult to be taken care of. That time Sehun was 5, and he builds a sand castle in the sandbox. He peeks over to the office and sees Luhan with a man. He was handsome, Sehun thinks and then he kneels down to Luhan’s height and smiled at his brother. Sehun thinks that uncle is very nice to Luhan and he wants Luhan to be happy with him.

But the next day, Sehun wakes up without Luhan by his side and he has looked everywhere for the elder but he still can’t find him. When Sehun receives an answer from the supervisor, his heart broke at the fact that he will never see his beloved brother ever again.

Years later, Sehun is adopted by a wealthy family but then his stepparents died in a fire when he turns 10. After that, Sehun loses his memory and can’t remember anything from the past anymore. That’s why he’s a slow learner because his brain doesn’t function quickly like Kyungsoo’s.

Sehun can’t remember how he ended up in the hospital, eventually meeting Luhan after years of losing him. However, Luhan says that he is involved in an accident and injures his head, which makes it lose some memory and he remembers the past, not the present.

But Sehun is happy now that he has met Luhan. He is taller than him; unlike during their childhood he has to look up to his tall brother so he can see him. And Luhan’s face still remains the same, no difference from the past years despite his 23 years of age.

“Ah, yes,” Luhan answers his phone with Sehun beside him, “We’re heading to the airport now… Sehun’s fine, yes… You can see us off if you want… Okay, thanks Hanbyul…”

“Who was that?” Sehun asks out of curiosity, Luhan ruffles his platinum hair. “You’ll know when you see her.” But Sehun can feel this strange feeling when he hears his name earlier.

Hanbyul; it sound quite familiar but Sehun cannot recall.

 

“Does Sehun still can’t remember us?”

Hanbyul nods, “Yes. So keep a low profile, just act normal, okay?”

Kyungsoo nods; he is happy that he can see Sehun for the last time before he heads to China with his brother. According to Hanbyul, Sehun lost some of his memories including everyone he has met since he was 15. The university student is quite upset but he will make Sehun remember somehow.

“Oh, there they are!”

Hanbyul and Kyungsoo run to Luhan and Sehun who had just arrived. They checked in and bid goodbye before leaving.

“I’ll contact you, sis,” Luhan says and hugs Hanbyul. Sehun stares at them in confusion, wondering what their relationship was. “Take good care of Sehun,” Hanbyul advises as she glances at Sehun, who looks kind of lost. This Sehun is cute, Hanbyul remarks.

“I’m going to miss you so much!” Kyungsoo attacks Sehun and hugs him tightly, causing the other three to be surprised. “I miss doing your homework, hearing your complaints and joking around with you!” Kyungsoo laments and Sehun would attempt to push the elder away. The awkward moment is quite funny to Luhan and Hanbyul so the stepsiblings stifle a laugh as Kyungsoo hugs the soul out of Sehun.

“I’m going to miss you too,” Sehun says, even though he is not quite sure. He thinks that this is the right thing to say to the doe eyed boy right now. After Kyungsoo, it was Hanbyul’s turn. She walks up to him and gives him a mysterious smile.

“I’m glad that you don’t remember me,” she says, “Or else you will be broken.”

“Uhh…” Sehun doesn’t understand what she meant. But then, he is hugged again, only this time by Hanbyul. The high school girl fights back her tears. Sehun feels familiar with this but he just can’t remember anything.

“I’ll miss everything about you, Sehun,” she whispers and Sehun just nods. Hugging Hanbyul is the best feeling for him so far.

She wipes her tears and went back to Kyungsoo, waving goodbye at the reunited siblings. Even though Sehun looks lost but they knew there is sadness behind his eyes.

Kyungsoo and Hanbyul, I will try to remember.

“We’re here again.”

Kyungsoo and Hanbyul sit down on their usual bench under the moonlight, cuddling each other. It is a nice weather that nice, but it did not rain. The university student decides to take Hanbyul to their happy place once again to remember their nice memories together.

“Remember the first time we met here?” Hanbyul says, “We are shocked to find out that we have the same happy place.”

Kyungsoo’s fingers her long, soft hair, “You were crying,” he chuckles. Hanbyul slaps his chest, but then she continues, “And then you took me to your home for the second time because I was craving for spicy stuff.”

“And I know how amazed you are by my cooking,” Kyungsoo kisses the tip of her nose and Hanbyul playfully plant a peck on his lips, quickly pulling over, leaving him hanging and wanting more. “You know, Soo? You’re getting cheesier day by day.”

“Maybe it’s because of your love~” Kyungsoo sings and kisses her lips once again, this time passionately. It feels like their first kiss which felt really relaxing and meaningful. Hanbyul misses Kyungsoo’s kisses and she obviously loves them. During the kiss, she mutters something but Kyungsoo cannot hear it. When the university pulls over, they take a moment to stare into each other’s eyes before saying the same words simultaneously.

“I love you.”

After that, they press their lips together again. Hanbyul finally realizes that love isn’t that painful at all. All these times she had avoided that wonderful feeling, guessing that it will only bring her heartbreak. But Kyungsoo has proved her wrong. He needs her because he loves her, and he promises to take care of her nicely and shower her with love forever. He had never thought that his life would change this interesting overnight, all because of a high school girl, Son Hanbyul.

I need you, Hanbyul so that I can love you and show you how you worth.”

- END -


Please leave a comment and subscribe if you liked this chapter! Thank you again for reading! =]

A/N: This story is finally ending, and I'm crying right now. I had fun writing this even though it was quite short, but hey. I'm glad you all enjoyed this! Thank you for my readers who has always been by my side. Getting new subbies pumps up my confidence to write more! So there's an epilogue pending ya'll! Thank you very much! XOXO, from gblaq_taemi