Twelve

How to Love: Hard to Love

 

Chapter 12

 


“What happened to him?”

Hanbyul and Kyungsoo arrive at the hospital after Joonmyeon’s phone call. Joonmyeon and his friends are standing anxiously in front of the surgery room, waiting for Sehun’s surgery. They are the most worried ones because Sehun might do something horrible to himself last night after the incident.

Joonmyeon sighs audibly, “It seems that he hit a wall and thank goodness the police found him,” his tone worried. His eyes looks red and anyone could tell that he had been crying. He laments, “I hope he’s okay though.”

“Relax, Joonmyeon,” Kyungsoo comes up to him and hugs the elder. “Sehun is strong; he’s going to be fine.”

In the meantime, Joonmyeon’s friends introduced themselves as Jongin, Baekhyun and Chanyeol separately. They turn out to be Sehun’s best friends since the flower boy was born, and they are from rich families too. Kyungsoo feels small among them, as he knows that he is hanging out with rich people and he’s the only poor one right here.

A few hours later, the surgery is over and Joonmyeon is fast sleep on Baekhyun’s shoulder. The doctor calls for everyone to report Sehun’s condition to them. “Are you Oh Sehun’s guardians?”

“We’re his friends,” Chanyeol answers.

“Where are his parents?”

“Apparently, he is the only family he has, doctor,” Jongin explains, shocking Kyungsoo and Hanbyul who doesn’t know about the important information. “Please report to us, doctor,” the tanned boy continues.

“Well, I’m happy to tell you that our patient is pretty stable right now and he needs some rest in the ICU,” the doctor says, “But we won’t know when he will wake up.”

“Is he going to be in a coma?” Baekhyun asks from his seat, Joonmyeon still asleep. The doctor nods to him, “Unfortunately. He has a 50-50 chance to fight for his life.”

Everyone sighs dreadfully, no one expects Sehun to be like this. He has always been a bright and cheerful lad, but somehow his heartbreak leads himself to misery. If Sehun dies, then there are no family members of Oh anymore. Everyone prays for Sehun’s recovery since they can’t do anything else but that.

It has been months and Sehun still hasn’t waked up. It’s summer season and there’s no school, so Hanbyul would visit him with Kyungsoo sometimes. Hanbyul is worried for Sehun because she thinks she is at fault for all of this. What if something happens to Sehun? What if he will never wake up?

Hanbyul will never forgive herself.

And so is Kyungsoo. After the fight, he has never had the chance to meet Sehun. He knows h is the main cause of what happened to his only friend in campus, and he regrets every fault he has against the flower boy. Fan girls would visit Sehun sometimes but they are restricted to enter because it might bother him.

The door opens, enter in Joori. Hanbyul turns around and is surprised to see her here. She knows that Joori is a huge fan of Sehun and the girl is holding a grudge against Hanbyul because she sleeps with him often. “Joori.”

“Is Sehun okay?” is the first question from Hanbyul’s schoolmate. “He’s obviously unconscious, what do you expect?” Hanbyul answers menacingly. Joori lets out a low chuckle, “Why are you so turned up, Son Hanbyul? You caused all of this?”

Hanbyul stays silent, she can’t answer yet. Joori walks up to her and eyes Kyungsoo beside her, “Who is this handsome prince? One of your toys?”

“Kim Joori, why are you here?”

“So it is you.”

Kyungsoo defends Hanbyul, “Stop speaking nonsense. I’m going to ask you to leave if you continue harassing Hanbyul like this.”

“Don’t tell you fell for her too,” Joori scoffs, “To be honest, I’m jealous of you Son Hanbyul.”

The high school girl stays silent, waiting for more from her. “The reason Sehun is like this,” Joori glances towards Sehun who is in a coma, “True, he’s in love with you and somehow his anger took over him. I put a drug on your glass but he accidentally drank it.”

“Are you…sure?” Hanbyul asks in disbelief.

“Yeah, if you don’t believe me, check his drug percentage. He is drugged so I think this is the cause of everything.”

“You’re sick, Kim Joori, I thought you are one of Sehun’s fan girls.”

“I am, but sadly, he drank it. What can I do?” Joori fakes a disgusting pout, “Call me when he wakes up, I want him to be mine.” With that, she left. Hanbyul fights the urge to attack Kim Joori and pull her hair off her head but Kyungsoo stops his girlfriend. “Calm down, Byul.”

“Kim Joori…I thought it was my fault but,” Hanbyul sobs and Kyungsoo brings her into his embrace, letting her cry in his arms. “I’ll… kill her if something happens to Sehun.”

“Shh,” Kyungsoo caresses her back. “The only thing that will happen to Sehun is he is going to wake up and everything will be fine.”

Hanbyul hopes so. Sehun better wake up so she can scold him for being such an idiot, and apologize to him for everything she has done. She will never forget Sehun until the day she dies.

Hanbyul goes home with Kyungsoo to his house for the evening. Kyungsoo unlocks the door and is shocked to find out that the lights are all on. To his knowledge, his grandfather has stepped out for tonight and Kyungsoo is sure that this house is empty. Uneasy thoughts conquered him and he walks in carefully.

There is an unfamiliar man sitting in the living room. “What’s the hold up, Soo?” Hanbyul trails behind her boyfriend and exclaims as she saw the man in the living room.

“Father!”

It is true; Mr. Son is in Kyungsoo’s home. But Hanbyul wonders why? Kyungsoo quickly greets Hanbyul’s old man politely but Mr. Son ignores him. “So, this is where you are, Son Hanbyul.”

“Fa- father…” Hanbyul stutters, she has never thought her father would find out about her relationship with Kyungsoo. She starts to question why did she accept Kyungsoo’s feelings a few months ago? She forgot the reason she has rejected Sehun at that time. She is blinded by love.

“Well, young man, are you here for a night with my daughter?” Mr. Son’s lips curls into an evil grin, “She’s good you know. So you have to pay her a lot.”

“Huh?” Kyungsoo squeaks.

“You’re not?” Mr. Son raises his voice in disbelief. Kyungsoo knows this, he knows how Hanbyul lives. But he has never laid a dirty hand on Hanbyul before. They kiss, but they don’t do it. He has never expected Mr. Son to meet him all of the sudden.

“Hanbyul, are you sure this man is not your customer?” Mr. Son asks while his patience is still low. Hanbyul gives Kyungsoo a worried and a sorry look, “He’s my… boyfriend.”

Abruptly, Mr. Son laughs out loud. Both Kyungsoo and Hanbyul share confused gazes. Maybe Mr. Son will accept their relationship just like how Kyungsoo’s grandfather did.

“Are you kidding me, Hanbyul? A boyfriend? How ridiculous!”

Their hopes crushes when they hear that statement. Surely Kyungsoo is offended.

Mr. Son adds, “So he is why you aren’t doing your business anymore. Very good, Hanbyul. I have a great idea for him to pay.” He turns to Kyungsoo, “Either pay her for , or shoot a video so I can sell it.”

“What?” Kyungsoo squeaks. Hanbyul is ashamed by herself and her father, how can he say such a thing to her boyfriend. “Stop, father. We won’t do it.”

“What’s wrong about it? Young lovely couples like you already have ,” Mr. Son states. “Don’t tell me you’re denying my orders.”

“Father-,”

Kyungsoo interjects, “We will. We will shoot it.” Hanbyul gives Kyungsoo a disbelief look, “Kyungsoo.”

“See? Your boyfriend agrees,” Mr. Son smiles in delight.

“No, Kyungsoo. Don’t force yourself.”

“Son Hanbyul,” Mr. Son hisses, “Either do it or say goodbye to your family and wealth. I’ll cancel you from the Sons.” Kyungsoo pulls Hanbyul into a forceful kiss, unlike the sweet and sincere kisses that they had before. He has to do it in order to save Hanbyul. The high school girl is in shock, so she pushes Kyungsoo away in denial.

“Father, please don’t do this!” She kneels down, and pleads. Kyungsoo follows her, “Byul, let’s do it. I’m okay with it.” Hanbyul tears are already swelling up in her eyes, “No, Kyungsoo… This is not the best solution.”

“She’s right; the best solution is to leave the family. I’m okay since I have Luhan,” Mr. Son waves off then left without a goodbye. Hanbyul breaks into a hard sob and Kyungsoo embraces her in his arms. Seeing Hanbyul cry like this breaks his heart.

“I’m sorry, Kyungsoo,” Hanbyul sobs, “I’m sorry for dragging you into my mess.”

“It’s okay, Byul…” Kyungsoo assures and hugs her tighter. Hanbyul sobs harder in result, “You can’t love me, Kyungsoo. I should’ve rejected you like Sehun. You can’t love me, I’m a mess.”

“No, Hanbyul-,”

“Kyungsoo, let’s break up.”


Please leave a comment and sibscribe if you liked this chapter! Thank you again for reading =]