Ten

How to Love: Hard to Love

 

Chapter 10

 


Sehun feels like the world has stopped before him.

Seeing Son Hanbyul again was like a dream. He has never thought that he will see her face again after the incident. The world is indeed very small. And to top all of the surprise, Hanbyul is having fun with his friend Kyungsoo.

Kyungsoo; how can he lose to him? It was always Sehun who gets everything but now he loses Son Hanbyul to the campus’ nerd. It was unbelievable. Flames of fury emerged from Sehun’s inside, clenching his fists, he feels like he wants to destroy everything in his way. He couldn’t believe all these times; Kyungsoo has been hanging around with the girl he has slept before. He even confessed to her.

Sehun is indeed upset.

He exhales carefully, controlling himself while reminding that he is at someone’s home so he can’t do as he wishes. Joonmyeon is a great friend of his and of course he doesn’t want to ruin the elder’s birthday party. Sehun chooses to ignore Kyungsoo and Hanbyul at the punch bowl laughing at each other’s jokes happily, although it’s hard for him. The flower boy is in need of fresh air outside as suffocates him inside with all the people around him and the thoughts bothering him, so he heads outside until someone stops him.

“Hey, Sehun, where are you going?” his friend, Jongin calls. They are at the same age, but Jongin is a few months older. Sehun sighs audibly, “I want fresh air.”

“Jeez, don’t be such a party pooper,” Jongin teases as he struts towards his best friend, “What happened? You saw your ex?”

“Kim Jongin,” Sehun tries hard avoiding punching the boy on the face.

“Alright, but have some drink. It’s a party and we don’t want you to be such a sadist like this,” Jongin gives him a reassuring pat on the shoulder, “Cheer up. There are better girls out there. You’re Oh Sehun, who doesn’t want you?”

Son Hanbyul, Sehun heart clenches at the thought of the high school girl. Glancing at her, Sehun is tempted by the way she dresses tonight. She looks really attractive and adorable as always, soft milky visible for the whole world to see. Sehun still remembers how she tastes and how gleeful he felt whilst touching her. However, it wasn’t him this time. It’s Do Kyungsoo.

After some convincing, Sehun eventually gives in and joins Joonmyeon and the boys starting the party.

“Hello everyone!” a handsome boy climbs up the stage with a microphone, joined by a taller one with gorgeous features. “Good evening. We all know what day today is, right?” the taller one’s deep manly voice booms thorough out the whole room. The guests cheer ‘Kim Joonmyeon’s birthday!’ clearly having fun at the party. A platinum haired boy sulking at the corner is the only exception.

“Let’s call out the birthday boy!” the puppy like boy announces and the guests chant Joonmyeon’s name simultaneously. A proud and excited Joonmyeon appears onstage with a puppy in his embrace, grinning as if he has won the lottery. He grabs a microphone and thanked everyone for celebrating his birthday with him. Also, he has mentioned something special.

“And most of all I want to thank my two new friends who gifted me this guy,” Joonmyeon holds up the creamed fur puppy for everyone to see. “I am very thankful since he has made me smile nonstop from the moment I received him. I decided to call him Suho since he will be my guardian until forever! Everyone give a big hand to Son Hanbyul and Do Kyungsoo who gave me such a meaningful present!”

“OOH,” the guests grimaces as they clap their hands in gratitude, Kyungsoo and Hanbyul smile shyly at everyone. Slightly timid from all the sudden attention. Sehun eyes the two from backstage in envy.

The party continues after the cake cutting and singing the birthday song for the heir of the Kim family. Hanbyul and Kyungsoo decide to meet Joonmyeon once again to bid goodbye to the puppy they bought earlier. Backstage, Joonmyeon is talking to some people until he realizes Hanbyul and Kyungsoo is there to see him. “Ah, thank you very much!” is the first thing Joonmyeon said to the two. Hanbyul giggles in delight, “Don’t mention it. We’re just here to say goodbye to our little baby!”

Kyungsoo gulps, baby. It sounds like they had a baby. The university student washes all the impossible thoughts away and focuses on the current situation.

“Kyungsoo, let’s take a picture together!” Joonmyeon calls, causing Kyungsoo to flinch. He joins the two hurriedly and poses in front of the camera with Hanbyul, Joonmyeon and his new pet Suho. The university student can feel the empty feeling as he bids goodbye to the puppy. It looked happy to see them both but they have to let it go.

Hanbyul shows Kyungsoo the picture they took earlier, “We all look great here! I can’t believe Joonmyeon likes Suho! Thanks for helping me finding the best present ever for him.” She nudges him shoulder lightly and Kyungsoo rubs it with a smile. When they are about to leave the party, a figure stops them.

“Kyungsoo,” he calls. The said university student looks up to see a scowling Sehun in front of him. “Oh, Sehun, you’re here too?” Kyungsoo asks with a grin but he only gets a sharp glare from Sehun. Hanbyul recognizes him and backs a few steps away. “How’s it been going with your mystery girl, buddy?” Kyungsoo questions awkwardly, trying to break the silence.

Sehun’s gaze lands at Hanbyul, who is currently unusually quiet, “Ask her yourself.”

“Huh?” Kyungsoo follows Sehun’s gaze and he is shocked to find Hanbyul as his target. “Han… Hanbyul, you know Sehun?”

“Oh, we are more than that, Kyungsoo,” Sehun smirks menacingly, shooting Hanbyul a death glare before adding his words, “We slept together before. And I’m pretty sure you know that she is the one that I’ve been talking about.”

“Oh,” is the only word that barely escapes Kyungsoo’s lips. It was absurd, Son Hanbyul as the culprit behind Sehun’s heartbreak? He felt guilty; Kyungsoo feels bad stuff swirling inside his stomach.  He feels bad for betraying his own best friend. No, he has betrayed two of his best friends.

“It’s none of your business, Sehun,” Hanbyul finally has the guts to step up for Kyungsoo. “Kyungsoo is my friend and you don’t have the rights to tell him away.”

“Quit babbling, Son Hanbyul. You said you can’t love me…but you can love Kyungsoo?” Sehun’s eye twitches, voice trembling as he grits through his clenched teeth, “How ridiculous.”

For once, Hanbyul is quite thankful because the three of them are alone outside of the Kim’s residence and the people are not aware of the tense situation. Hanbyul better solve all of this before it worsen and ruins Joonmyeon’s party. The high school student didn’t reply Sehun’s question. It wasn’t because she didn’t; she couldn’t. It makes her think for a while about his statement.

Does she love Kyungsoo?

“I didn’t know it was Hanbyul,” Kyungsoo speaks. “But I… don’t take this the wrong way.”

“Why do I feel like I’ve been cheated on? Why do I feel like this? You tell me, Son Hanbyul,” Sehun groans, “I don’t own you but why do I feel like I am the victim right here?!” he raises his voice. Hanbyul inhales deeply, “Sehun, please. I’m not your somebody.”

“You are. I love you.”

Hanbyul feels bad to say this but she has too, Sehun has to stop being like this in order to move on. “Well, I’m sorry Sehun. But you can’t love me.”

Kyungsoo observes the two as they speaking, as if he is watching some drama. He feels like the third wheel here and the only thing he wants to do was to head home and sleep.

“But you can love Kyungsoo?!”

Sehun eyes Kyungsoo once again and doesn’t hesitate to throw a hard punch on his face. Kyungsoo hisses in pain, Hanbyul is in shock and kneels down beside him, “Kyungsoo are you all right?!”

“Ah…” Kyungsoo winces in pain, it really hurt.

“Oh Sehun.” Hanbyul tries to keep her temper and voice low so they won’t get caught. “Please, erase me from your mind. You can’t love someone like me.”

“But why? I’m perfect. I’m rich and handsome, what more can you ask of?!”

Hanbyul bites her lower lip as guilt possesses her, “I’m sorry, Sehun.”

“Kyungsoo, how dare you,” Sehun is still overpowered by his anger. Kyungsoo gets up with every ounce of energy he has left on his body and stands up before Sehun, “I didn’t do anything,” he defends himself as he holds his injured jaw. “Stop being so childish, Sehun and grow up. I’m sorry for not telling you because I didn’t know Hanbyul is your crush while you’re deeply in love with her.”

“Why I ought to-,” Sehun was about to punch him again until Kyungsoo manages to grip his wrist in the air.

“Stop it, you two!” Hanbyul interjects.

“Son Hanbyul, are you telling me you’re choosing Kyungsoo over me?”

Hanbyul already gives this a hard thought and she takes a drastic decision to say so. ‘I don’t think about it before but… yes. I like Kyungsoo! You have no right to beat him up and order everyone!”

Sehun stands still, offended.  Kyungsoo is also shocked by her words. Was that a confession? Hanbyul takes Kyungsoo’s hands and walks away from there, leaving Sehun all alone.

“I’m sorry once again Sehun. I hope you will find someone better than me,” she says before leaving. Sehun chokes on his tears as he cries suddenly. He has never been this heartbroken before. It really hurt his feelings and also his pride that stood tall until now. Currently, the flower boy feels like a worn out trash.

Meanwhile inside, Joori finds Hanbyul’s punch which she hasn’t finished. She dips a drug inside and let it dissolve, expecting Hanbyul to be ruined after drinking it.

Sehun walks inside the house and saunters to the punch bowl. He sees a glass of punch and instantly gulps it down to cool his anger. He is totally frustrated as his mind is only Hanbyul, Hanbyul and Hanbyul.

“Where’s Hanbyul?”

Mr. Son has returned from Japan and is now inside his home. “Young mistress is out sir,” the butler answers his master. Mr. Son nods approvingly, “Who’s she out with?”

“Uh, master,” the butler stutters, “Truthfully, young mistress has been ignoring her work lately, sir.”

“What?” Mr. Son says in disbelief. How can Hanbyul neglect her father so easily like this? All these times, she has been making money every night sleeping with boys. He has to get to the bottom of this, Hanbyul cannot just enjoy life. She has to suffer just like he did when his wife left him. Hanbyul is just a burden to him and an extra mouth to feed.

Luhan is the only one that matters to Mr. Son. Hanbyul is nothing; she’d better just be a e until the day she dies and never enjoy life because of her father’s grudge towards his former wife.

Sehun slumps to his car drunkenly from all the alcohol he has drank before at the party earlier. He isn’t quite sure what he did anyways. But the only thing that’s clear to Sehun was the pain all over is body. He barely can move so he rests on the driver’s seat of his Audi, relaxing himself. He guesses this only because of his tiredness from a hard day.

The flower boy starts the ignition and drove off. The streets are pretty empty at 3 AM and Sehun drives exceeding the speed limit. He feels freedom while speeding on the highway with no one in his way.

His head beats in pain as his mind is occupied of various worries and Sehun is stressed. Hanbyul is the main person in his mind right now and what bothers him was how she has dumped her, thrice. Sehun confirms himself as a failure and useless. Kyungsoo is definitely better than him, of course, he even hands his responsibility of his own homework to the nerd. Sehun sighs heavily, maybe Hanbyul is right.

She is the one that doesn’t deserve him.

Hanbyul is a wonderful girl, Sehun can tell. He doesn’t know much about her, so that’s why he is curious of the high school girl the more she hides everything from him. At first Sehun needs her body to pleasure him, but right now, he himself can feel the sincere love from him to Hanbyul.

If only she can understand his feelings, maybe Hanbyul can accept him.

Sehun shouts in agony as he presses the gas harder, increasing the speed. He doesn’t give a damn about anything right now. He’s Oh Sehun and he does everything he wants.

Before Sehun could think more, a loud crash occurs in front of him and the next thing he saw was blurry lights and darkness.


Please leave a comment and subscribe if you liked this chapter! Thank you again for reading! =]