Nine

Demonic Love

It's almost lunch time and she hasn't seen her baby girl at all that day since morning. Yes, she has to go to a meeting with the other angels to discuss about Havenwood's new park project in the morning. She just got home and she wanted her daily kiss from Seohwa. That's why she go into the little angel's room.

The angel is not in her room and Seohyun thought that she might be playing with her aunt outside in the garden. So she run out of the castle, only to bump into Mel on the way out.

"Unnie, where's Seohwa?" she asked her older sister.

"She didn't tell you? She said she's going to have a sleepover at her friend's house today. I saw her leaving with her bag earlier this morning." Mel told her.

Seohyun shook her head. Confused as to why she has no idea about her baby's plan. "Whose house? Eunsol's? Dayoung's? Lauren's?" she asked again.

Mel chuckled. "I don't know. Kyungsan's maybe?" she joked.

"Seriously unnie! You're so dirty!" Seohyun slapped her older sister's arm lightly in a joking manner before walking away.

"I didn't say anything! You're the one thinking dirty!" Mel yelled at her. Which Seohyun laughed at.

She come into Seohwa's bedroom again, just to check what kind of items her daughter would bring to a sleepover with her friends. She began ruffling the little angel's wardrobe to see if she brings her pajamas and skirts. But there's nothing that's missing from the wardrobe. She didn't bring any clothes. Seohyun chuckled lightly.

She then walk over to Seohwa's desk when she saw a glittery white envelope on it. Seohyun slowly opened it and took out the piece of paper in it. And for kindergartener, Seohwa is pretty good at writing letters.

Dear umma, Seohwa sleep at Yong ahjussi house. Bye.

"No .. NO!" Seohyun yelled, mostly to herself.

..................................

"No .. NO!" Seohwa mentally yelled at Lee Joon who is practically right behind her, chasing her to no end.

True, the demon hasn't catch her, she has ran quite far away from him, though, still not far enough as she's still on the same floor as him earlier.

She heard it. Lee Joon calling his guards to go after her. And with the panic and heartbeat quickening in her heart, she run faster than she has ever run her whole life, hoping that she can find Yonghwa as soon as possible.

As she turn through a corner, she saw a woman (probably a housemaid) walking towards her, a little knife in her hand. Seohwa jogged backwards slowly and spotted a huge dragon statue. With no hesitation, she hides herself behind the statue.

"JUNIEL! IS SHE THERE?!" Seohwa flinched as Lee Joon's scary voice echoes once again.

The housemaid stopped right in front of the dragon statue. She looks around, left and right. "ALL CLEAR HERE, YOUR MAJESTY!" she yelled back before running someplace else, probably also looking for Seohwa.

Seohwa finally breathed out (she doesn't even know she's been helding back her breath the whole time). She slowly stretch her head out from her hiding place to peek at the situation. If it's safe for her to get out yet.

Suddenly a hand covered and grab a hold of her small waist, lifting her up. She's finally captured. Seohwa tried kicking her kidnapper to no avail. Tears ran down her face as now she understands that she'll never fulfill her debts to the demon boys, she'll never watch another cool movie with her aunt, she'll never hang out with Yong again, but the saddest part is that she haven't even give her mother a goodbye kiss.

The little angel closed her eyes the whole time she's being carried around, afraid of what's there for her. She heard a big door opening and then being closed very roughly before she's thrown inside.

She waited for a loud thud and the pain that will come as the aftermath of her fall, but it doesn't happen.

She fell onto a fluffy black matress. She sit up on the matress and turn around, only to see a sword being pointed at her by a masked demon. She shielded her face with both her hands and closed her eyes, trembling in fear. She heard an evil chuckle.

Then she heard a sword dropping on the floor.

She opened her eyes. 'Am I dead now?' she asked herself.

Instead, she saw the masked demon chuckling while opening his mask slowly. His eyes slowly showing the glint of playfulness. As the mask is all opened, Seohwa covered her face with her hands and started crying, hard.

Yonghwa thinks that it's enough punishment for the little angel. He sat on the edge of his bed, pulling the little angel close to him. The little angel slowly crawls onto Yonghwa's lap and cry into his chest. Yonghwa smiled and put both his arms, patting the little angel, telling her 'everything's okay now, you're safe' before hugging her tight.

"You scared me!" Seohwa lightly punched Yonghwa's chest a few times.

"Serves you right for being naughty and sneaking into my castle. You know you could've been killed." Yonghwa shivered at the thought. When Joon started yelling there's an angel in the castle, he knows right along that it must've been Seohwa.

How does he know?

Every angel that sneaked into the Dark Castle only have business with him. Other than Seohwa, the only angel that managed to sneaked in before is the little angel's mother.

"- haven't seen you for four days and I missed you." Seohwa's angelic voice brought him back from the fantasy of what he and Seohyun have done whenever he managed to sneak her into his room.

"I missed you too." Yonghwa kissed Seohwa's soft chubby cheeks. "My older brother injured his arm and I have to take care of him. That's why appa can't meet you for a while."

Appa .. ?

Yonghwa watches as Seohwa rubbed her eyes violently and look at him with her wide red doe eyes and asked, "Appa? Can I really call you that?"

The demon quickly put Seohwa down on his bed and stand up. He walked to his room's mini fridge and took out a small pudding cup he's been keeping. He took it and gave it to Seohwa in hope of distracting her. "Hungry, right? Here, eat the pudding."

As people have noticed, Seohwa is mature for her age. "Not hungry, appa." she replied cheekily. "Answer me. Can I really call you 'appa' from now on?"

Yonghwa grabbed Seohwa's hand, opened its palm and put the pudding cup on top of the little palm. "Eat the pudding."

"Eat the pudding."

Yonghwa began to feel a little bit frustrated after understanding that Seohwa is trying to play 'repeat the words Yong said' game they always 'play' when Seohwa wants something. "Are you really trying to annoy me now, Seo?" Yonghwa asked her, opening the cover of the pudding cup.

"Are you really trying to annoy me now, Seo?" Seohwa repeated. She knows that game set Yonghwa on his edge. He hates that game and he'll do anything to stop her from doing it. Last times, she asked for ice cream or a piggyback. This time, she wants to hear his answer. Can she really call him 'appa'?

"Stop doing that!"

"Stop doing that!"

"You want pudding? Here I got you pudding!"

"You want pudding? Here I got you pudding!"

"What do you want this time?!"

Seohwa smiled and gave him her wide big doe eyes again which signaled her wish for him to answer her earlier question. Then she gave him the 'i-know-you-are-trying-to-distract-me' look. Yonghwa's face reddened.

Hearing Seohwa call him that is the best music he has heard since the past years. The little angel has ranted about how she wants to have someone she can call 'appa' for a few time already now. He wants her to call him that. But it somehow felt wrong since she's Seohyun's and she has ended basically all of the happiness that's left in him.

Don't take it wrong, he still loves her. He still wants to die for her. She's still his everything. But that doesn't cover the scar on his heart that came from Seohyun's betrayal.

And now an angel that was born from Seohyun and a man she betrayed Yonghwa with, two pure angels wants to call him, a demon, as her .. dad?

"Eat that first." Yonghwa needs more time to think about it.

"Eat that first." Seohwa didn't stop.

Yonghwa groaned. Seohwa imitated his ugly groaning face before chuckling.

"Is that an angel's chuckle I heard?" Lee Joon's voice is suddenly heard, meaning he's not far away from Yonghwa's bedroom.

Yonghwa panicked. He quickly run to his wardrobe and opened it widely. Then he run back to Seohwa who's still clueless of what's happening and carry her to his wardrobe. He put the baby angel in the corner of his wardrobe. "Don't make a sound." he put a finger in front of his lips.

"Don't make a sound." Seohwa being clueless and imitate Yonghwa by putting her finger in front of her lips.

"I'm serious!"

"I'm serious!"

Yonghwa didn't waste more time and closed the wardrobe's door, only leaving a small gap so that Seohwa can breathe. Everything will be just fine if Lee Joon just stay out of his room. Yonghwa ran to his bedroom's door to go out and distract Lee Joon.

Too late, the older demon is already walking into his room. And trying to get him to go to other place will just make Joon suspicious. Yonghwa cursed. "Oh !"

"Oh !" Seohwa yelled in her squealy voice, excited with a new word she just learned.

Yonghwa panicked even more as he's positive Joon heard it. He peeked out his bedroom's door and saw that Joon is running into his bedroom now, ready to ambush the room. Yonghwa quickly opened the door before the older demon crashed it instead like last time.

"Okay, where is she?!" Joon asked, his shoulder up and down, trying to catch his breath after all the running. Being 35 isn't helping his stamina at all.

"She? Who?" Yonghwa tried to act innocent.

"Seo Joohyun! She's here, isn't she?!" Lee Joon yelled in front of Yonghwa's face.

"Why would I invite her here again after all she did to me?!" Yonghwa yelled back.

Lee Joon eyed the bedroom with his piercing dark green eyes this time. The couch clean, the fire in the fireplace off, there's no sign of another person being in the room other than Yonghwa himself. But just as Lee Joon was about to make a conclusion that it's his imagination, the wardrobe's door swung a bit opened.

"Oh really?" Lee Joon raised one of his eyebrows and makes his way to the wardrobe.

Yonghwa quickly run to cover the wardrobe, stretching both his hands widely. "Hyung, listen to my explanation first. She's-"

"Move now or I'll attack Havenswood again."

"Hyung, s-"

"MOVE!" Lee Joon let out these green lights from his right palm which slowly makes his way to Yonghwa, pinning him into a wall, both arms and legs.

"HYUNG!" Yonghwa yelled while at the same time struggling to weaken the grip of Lee Joon's power over him.

Joon dramatically opened both of the wardrobe's door at the same time, revealing the girl who's hiding inside it. Joon's lips curved into a wide smirk. Yonghwa struggled more and more. No! He can't let it happen! Seohyun is enough! He can't lose Seohwa either. Whose daughter she is, he can't care less. He just wants Seohwa to live.

"Hello, you." Lee Joon squatted, his hand pinching Seohwa's chubby cheeks. Yonghwa can't see Seohwa at all, how scared the angel must've been. "Are you the 'responsibility' my brother has to take because he doesn't wear ?" he asked in a sickening sweet voice.

"?" Yonghwa heard Seohwa asking Joon.

Lee Joon smiled, this time decently (which surprised Yong) and ruffled the little girl's hair (seems like it from Yonghwa's line of sight). He stand up from his position, he look at Yonghwa and release him from his force.

Yonghwa who just landed on the ground again, look at his older brother in confusion. "Y-you're just going to let her go, hyung? Just like that?" he asked him. But seeing Lee Joon taking out his sword, Yonghwa speak up again. "N-not that I want you to kill her. But, .. hyung?"

"Why would you hide that? It's nothing to hide. You just wasted my precious nap time." Joon grunted.

"Nothing to hide?!" Yonghwa wonders if the Joon hit his head as well when falling a few days ago.

"Ah .. I'm in the mood for pudding cup." Lee Joon put his sword back and headed out the door of Yonghwa's bedroom, leaving Yonghwa very dumbfounded with what just happened.

Yonghwa stayed silent the whole time, not sure what he should do after what just happen. He just froze there. Seohwa didn't come out from the wardrobe either, probably still collecting the rest of her soul which flew away as she trembles in fear. The demon decided to calm down the scared angel first.

"Cho Seohwa, come out here will you?" Yonghwa asked. He's too surprised to move at all.

Seohwa threw out some of Yonghwa's suits from the wardrobe in the process of her coming out of there. "Why are you calling me that? My name is Jung Seohwa!" she yelled back while closing the door of the wardrobe, tossing the suits that she threw out back into the wardrobe.

"Oh .." The sight killed the last piece of Yonghwa's healthy mental state. It's an unbelievable sight that he thought he will never see at all. The hair, face, body size didn't change at all. She's still the pretty 4 years old replica of Seohyun that Yonghwa has grown to love more and more each day. But, one teeny tiny difference:

"Seohwa," He started and gulped.

"Why is your dress black?"

 


Author's Note

Sigh.

I'm really sorry.

I myself don't know why the end of my chapters are (almost) always a cliffhanger.
Force of habit? Probably.

I don't want to use that rude f word. I hate that word actually. Other cursing words like the s word, b word, a word, etc. I'm still pretty fine with those.
Cursing is a wrong thing to do. All of it. But when you need some stress reliever, it's not that bad sometimes.
Just that for me, the one I hate most would be that f word.
So I censored it. Teehee~

tumblr_luw834fQSN1r1n95y.gif

That's SHINee's Jonghyun.

Why?

Because I just want you guys to admire him and his courage.

Jjong recently joined an organization (I forgot its name, sorry) that is fighting for equal rights for homoual people, transgenders, and stuffs like that. Those things are not even legal in Korea. And it could destroy his carreer as well his image. Yet he fights for it.
So who isn't touched?

T.T Kim Jonghyun as the next President!

 

Anyways, I'm still not sure what to do after this chapter. I didn't plan for a Yongseo family meeting next chapter actually.

A family meeting at the tenth chapter? That's just showing how nice I am. And I can tell you that I'm not the nicest person. MWAHAHAHAH!

12-18.jpg

Your aegyo is invalid this time, Yong.

What do you guys want to happen in the tenth chapter? ;D

Leave your comments bellow!

Thanks for all my lovely subscribers~ You guys are the best always!

 

P.S sorry for the short Author's Note. I don't want to blabber around and get excited and accidently spoil something. Next chapter needs to be mysterious somehow~ MWAHAHAHAHAHAH again!

Wishing Onew a happy belated birthday (14/12/2013),

- KPOPMonstahh