The Angel's Attempt

Demonic Love

Havenwoods turned into chaos as the angels ran everywhere, trying to get home or at least to a shelter as they saw a horrifying demon fly above their heads, in the sky freely, dodging spells that the soldiers threw at him in a terrifying manner.

Kids would run to their mother, crying loudly, scared.

The horrifying demon flew straight to the White Castle, killing every guards around the castle that tried to stop him from coming in. He smirked everytime he walked away after stabbing an innocent angel's life with his sword of myth. 'Blame it on her.'

He pushed the big door of the main hall opened. As usual, it was empty. He laughed maniacly as he walked around the empty main hall, finally settling to the end of the hall, sitting on the throne's chair. That's when he felt someone pushing him away.

Joon smirked. "You're here."

"Don't you dare sit where my father sat!" a familiar voice yelled.

"I missed you, smartass." he told her. 10 months since he last heard her voice. "Don't you miss me too?" he asked. After a few seconds, he laughed, facepalming himself. "Of course you don't! You see me almost everytime I visit here. But I can't. You've been hiding away since .. 15 years ago. I haven't seen you since. Let me see those wrinkles on your face. You're 34 now aren't you?"

"Because I made it clear that we're done 15 years ago. We're even! We don't have any excuse to see each other anymore. I don't want to have any bussiness with you." she answered sternly.

It was a wrong move. Joon is not happy. He screamed and stabbed the throne chair with a sword. "We're not even! We're never going to be even! You took her away from me, Mel! She was my everything! I rather die!"

"She has to go! It's for the best." Mel yelled in reply. Joon is sure she's standing behind him as he felt her breath on the back of his neck. "Aren't you tired having this kind of conversation with me every so often? Why don't you just let it go? Move on."

Lee Joon pull the sword out and turned around quickly, swinging the sword to his back. He felt a swush behind him. He smiled as he saw around four drops of blood on the white carpet. It means he managed to somehow hurt her. He smiled, satisfied. "What did I slash?"

"My cheek." Mel replied.

The demon smiled wider, imagining the angel queen holding her cheek in pain. She deserves it. She deserves more of those. "When I can finally see you, I'll aim for your heart." he boasted. In a flash, his expression turned cold. "I'm tired of this. Let's end it."

He cannot see it, but his imagination made him imagine about the angel queen's widenned eyes, gasping mouth. They have been playing this game of hide and seek for too long, he needs to end it now. Or he'll go insane. Not that he hasn't gone insane. He'll go even more insane.

"I have your sister. Better come for her. I'm giving you three days." He spread out his wings, flying out of the castle, away from Havenwoods.

............................................

She sat there, mouth gaping, wanting to protest, wanting to disagree, wanting to punch the stupid demon for even thinking of doing it. Worse is that he asked her to help him with it. It was the stupidest request she ever heard.

"You can't give away your heart! That is stupid! You'll die!" she scolded him.

"Seohwa lives way better with you than with me. She won't mind growing up with just one parent." Yonghwa added, his eyes trailing around the little demon girl who's running around the cell, not aware of her parents' conversation.

The angel stares at him, dumbfounded. "Then what about me? All this time, what makes me sane is the fact that you're alive and safe." she confessed. "Weren't you the one saying we can run away somewhere? Fairy's meadow?"

"Grow up, Hyun. We have a kid now." Yonghwa scolded her back. "All I care about is her happiness and yours. I'll give up my life."

"But your life is-"

"My life is over the second you left me. It's not like it can die twice, right?" he looked at her sadly. Her expression read 'GUILTY' all over it. Yonghwa ruffled her hair. "Just make it up to me by leading Seohwa to a great life. I trust you, okay?"

Seohyun is tired of crying all the time. She held Yonghwa's hand and squeeze it tight. "You know, I'm going to say this to make both you and me feel better." she gulped. "I think I know that there's a way to take out a magical creature's heart without having to kill them first."

The demon's eyes widden, listening on what the angel was about to say. She basically said that there's a probability that he can continue to live on without his heart together with the two person he loves most. He almost yelled at her for not telling him sooner.

When she saw his eyes gleaming with hope, she knows that she has got his attention. "However, I'm sure that doing such thing will have its own price, Yong." she answered sadly.

"How bad can the price be?" Yonghwa challenged himself. "Just tell me how to do that, Hyun."

She looks hesitant about telling him about it. Truth is, she read the book about it only a month before the disaster happened. The neat words still freshly there in her brain. A certain sentence lingers in her mind. What she was about to do will cost her. Cost her her whole lifetime happiness.

"Yong, you can't feel anything for one full day. Only then your heart will neutralize itself, freeing you from any emotion, cleared out your mind, cutting out its connection with the rest of your system. If you managed to do that, we'll be able to take it out of your body, giving it up for my freedom. Are you willing to do that?" Seohyun asked, her voice wavering each time she said a word.

Now that he finally heard it, there is not an excuse for him to back off again. He's more than willing to do that. He looked at her right to her eyes, flinching slightly at the bad black and blue bruise she has on her beautiful face. He let his eyes wander to her arm, clothes, and legs. After 3 full month of being locked up in the dungeon, Seohyun still managed to take his breath away.

He doesn't even need to ask her if his brother did something to her. Everyday he visits her, and everyday there's always a new fresh bruise on her body, sometimes, even fresh cuts, from which blood won't stop spilling from. If his brother wants to rule Havenwoods so badly, he shouldn't have done it by hurting his angel.

"When we sleep, we won't have any emotions right?" Yonghwa asked. "If I sleep for 24 hours .."

................................................

Flashback

"Hyuuuuung~! Yongie just got an B for english class!" 7 years old Jung Yonghwa ran in the yard happily, jumping into the arms of his older brother, hugging him tightly.

Joon laughed at the antics of his younger brother. "I think I know why it's only a B." he grinned, messing up the boy's hair. "But good job anyway!"

The younger demon threw his bag down to the ground, taking out a piece of crumpled paper to his brother's face, showing him the B, just in case he doesn't believe him. Joon chuckled, snatching the paper away, telling the younger he'll take the score away.

They were just happily running around when he heard steps coming to them, sounding angry. As Joon has expected, it was his stepmother, Yonghwa's stepmother.

"Umma!" Yonghwa jumped down from Joon's back, running cheerfully to his mother, showing her the crumpled paper. "I got an B!"

The demon queen smirked and snatch the paper away from the little hands. Unlike what Joon did, she crumpled the paper even more and tear it to pieces, throwing it down to the ground, stepping on it. "I don't need a smart son. I need a strong son that I can give away my husband's throne to. Someone strong enough to get rid of that ridiculous ." she eyed Joon with a disgusting look. "Now go get change. I hate that boy's smell on you."

With that, she left. Leaving her stepson and son alone in the garden once again.

Lee Joon's heart ached so much, seeing his brother squatting down, crying over his torn test paper. He walked closer to his brother, gathering the small figure in his arms. "Don't worry, it's just a simple test. You'll get another great score next time. When it happens again, show it to me, I'll paste it on my room's wall. Being smart isn't wrong, you know."

Yonghwa snuggled into his older brother's chest. The older is only 14, but he's more of a father for Yong than their father will ever be. "Thanks, hyung. And for the record, I love your smell on me!" he grinned, showing a row of white teeth.

Smiling in satisfaction, Joon ruffled the boy's hair again. "You're welcome. Now hurry and take a bath."

The younger nodded and left, leaving Joon alone in the garden. The older demon smiled to himself, squatted down, and collect each torn pieces from the grass. A month later, he put it all back together into one piece, then pasted it on his bedroom's wall.

 

 

"Hyung-ah! Do you want-"

"Sorry Yongie! I really gotta run~" the older replied, a really big smile plastered on his face as he took his wallet into his pocket. "We can play after I get home, kay?"

It's been weeks since Joon does that. It has been 2 months since the demon queen passed away. 10 years old Yonghwa doesn't mind it. She was never someone special for him. Sure he was thankful she gave birth to him. But that was about it. He missed Joon more than he misses her.

Of course, being the great hyung he is, he always fulfill his promises and play with Yonghwa every night when he came home. But Yonghwa couldn't help but worry if his brother will get sick from the lack of rest these days. Sure he looks happier than ever. Yonghwa wonders what happened that made him that happy?

 

 

Two years later, Yonghwa finally understands about girls. Joon is more than excited about it. Finally, he can share his secret about someone.

"So .. all these two years, you've been so happy because you finally have a girlfriend?! Hyung! That's fantastic! That's really fantastic!" Yonghwa exclaimed. "How long do you plan to date her?"

"For the rest of my life." Joon smiled to himself. Yonghwa's eyes widenned in shock. "I can feel it this time for real, Yong! I think this is really what that strange word 'love' means!"

"What is that, hyung? What does it mean?"

Joon sighed cheesily. "That feeling when you're attracted to someone. You just want to see her every second, not caring to blink. She'd take your breath away. She'll make you so happy you feel your heart will burst out. You just want to protect her, keep her for yourself, nobody else. She'll be the one in your mind for 24/7. Nobody else matters than you and her."

Yonghwa pouted. "So I don't matter to you anymore?"

"Course you still do! We're bros." Joon offered the twelve years old his fist. "Bros before hoes." he added, grinning. "So don't forget me when you find that girl of your own."

 

 

The war has been going on for three straight days and it doesn't seem to reach an end. Yonghwa hates the fact that he can only sit there and be a useless fifteen years old. He wonders if Seohyun is safe. She is, right?

 

 

That look has always been on his parents' faces. But never has it been plastered on his brother's. Joon looks demonic, power-hungry, and unsatisfied with everything; just like how his parents has been. Worst, Joon became heartless.

"You killed appa, hyung." he stated, fist clenching tightly. Not the fact that his father is gone, but the fact that his Joon hyung killed someone mercilessly made him so furious.

"I know. I meant it. With all my heart." he smirked, the corner of his bleeding lips. "You saw how that old rag treated me all this time. Kicking me, hitting me, starving me. I think I did right doing that."

It hurts Yonghwa. "Hyung! Why are you saying bad things like that? You said you want to change! You want to be a better person, unlike those demons who are heartless and those demons that you pitied for never getting love."

"Love." Joon laughed maniacly. "It was such a lie, Yong! My whole 22 years of life has been a lie! There's no such thing as love! Only weak people believe in them!"

"What happened?" Yonghwa cried. "What happened to that girl? The one that changed you for the better? The one that makes you happy all the time? The one who you love most?"

For a second there, Yonghwa thought Joon would break down. But he should've known better. Joon has built better walls for himself after all he has been through, especially around him. "She's gone. Someone took her away from me."

End of Flashback

Joon stomped inside his castle angrily, his hands in his pocket. The demon maids avoided him, afraid that if they get in his way, they'll feel the demon king's wreath. His wreath is never pretty.

He walked angrily to the castle's dungeon. He is going to pour out all of his anger to Seohyun. That's the fun of having a prisoner for Joon: there's someone you can take out your anger on. More fun if the prisoner is the sister of the one who angered you.

The demon king was about to turn to a corner when he saw Seohwa skipping around the hallway of the dungeon. What is the demon girl doing there?

"Joonie samcheon!" she called cutely. Although Joon is not in the mood, he's a er for cute kids like Seohwa herself. He sighed and gave in to her calling. Harassing the angel can wait.

He squatted down to Seohwa's level. "Hey kiddo," he ruffled Seohwa's hair. "What are you doing near the dungeon?" he asked.

"Playing with appa!" she said happily, wriggling out of Joon's arms. "I'm going to go get my teddy! Wait here, samcheon!" the demon girl walked away.

Yonghwa? In the dungeon? That is fishy. Joon clenched his fist again. What the heck is Yonghwa doing in the dungeon? Is he lured in by the angel again? Joon cannot let it happen. His brother or not, Yonghwa can't get in the way of his perfect revenge plan. He'll get rid of Yonghwa if it's really necessary.

Something is suspicious. Something is happening behind his back. And he is going to find out what.


Author's Note

The end is nearing.

aaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh *squealing alone*

This fiction is gonna be my first ever finished fic.
So I'm feeling pretty proud of myself.

I'm going to start writing the next chapter after this.
Nearing the end, the story is starting to be so hard to progress and my head is so x.x

tumblr_lx7n4cgYmP1r4d3cio1_500.gif

I saw your comments for the last chapter.
Thank you all for concerning over the villain of this story ;'(
I'm super touched!

But beware~
The evil one in this story is not yet to be revealed.

DUN DUN DUN!

tumblr_m68hcnq39P1qkolxgo2_500.gif

What a plot twist huh?
Or maybe it isn't? Maybe .. there's no plot twist at all and actually ..

DUN DUN DUN!

jjj.gif

Don't mind me. I love playing people's mind.
So just wait and see what happens :)

I don't want to spoil more of the story.
So I guess I'll end it here~

I love you so much my 120 subscribers! You guys are the best really~
For my shy readers, please be more outspoken! I would love to hear your opinion.

Leave your awesome (super judging btw) comments bellow!
I wanna know what your opinions are about my last-chapters countdown~

xoxo!

- KPOPMonstahh