The Demon's Story

Demonic Love

After Yonghwa carried her back into his bedroom, Seohwa took out some toys she brought from home to show Yonghwa from her bag. There are some barbie dolls, animal plushies, and also a foldable toy-house. Yonghwa pretended to gasped everytime the little girl would took out one toy, pretending to be amused with the girly toys. But still the two played with the toys for around 2 hours, not noticing a person peeking from the door, watching them in envy.

As wrong as it sounds, Yonghwa can't make Seohwa lives in his bedroom forever. Now that she's a demon in form, she has to live with him in the Dark Castle. And to live there comfortably, she has to be in good relationship with her uncle, Lee Joon.

Hence, the demon king was invited into his little brother's room to meet his niece.

And to Yonghwa's surprise; Joon gets along really well, like a whole lot better with Seohwa than him.

The demon king took one of the plushies and observe the weird looking animal in his hand. "Why is this turtle only have one eye?" Joon asked, pointing to a plushie that only has one eye left. One probably fell off or something.

Seohwa look at it closely. "Imo (aunty) said maybe somebody took it. She said she'll look for it." she informed Joon.

Joon laughed. "How dare you take out my eye! I'm going to eat youuu~" he said in a ridiculous voice, pretending to be a turtle, chasing Seohwa around the bedroom.

Seohwa giggled loudly as she run around. "Don't be ridiculous, samcheon (uncle). Turtles have no teeth! It can't eat me." Seohwa stated.

Lee Joon stopped abruptly in his tracks, Seohwa's words sinking into his brain. He looked up to see Seohwa sticking her tongue out at him. He chased her again and quickly caught her this time, lifting her up to his shoulder, making her scream happily, at the same time scared of falling down since Joon only holds her with one arm (his other one is injured).

Dinner went really well too. When both Lee Joon and Yonghwa took out their vegetables out of their plates, Seohwa started to put them back in, forcing the two demons to eat them as if she's their mother. She even stood up on the chair, putting both her hands on her hips to command them to eat.

"She's like the umma I never had!" Joon pouted playfully.

Yonghwa smiled nervously at that. His brother loves to joke about that, but sometimes it just makes him feel guilty how his life is luckier than his brother's. He feels like it's never fair for his brother. That's why since long ago he has decided to give his brother the throne even if technically, he deserves it more.

Seohwa knitted her eyebrows in confusion. "You never had an umma?" Yonghwa froze.

Joon just relaxly chews on his beef steak. "Nope. You see, my umma is like yours," he answered with his mouth full. "My appa-" Yonghwa covered Seohwa's ears, mouthing 'STOP IT!' to Lee Joon.

Joon laughed. "I'll tell you the story when you're above 19, you demon girl~"

Yonghwa sighed in relieve as Seohwa pulls Joon's cape few times to make him continue the story. Good thing Joon shut up. That demon thinks Seohwa is a child of him and a random demon's? Pffftt! Still, it doesn't make Yonghwa feels better.

He knows his brother's pain.

Being a demon, nobody has showed their kids what love is. Why? They themselves don't know what love is. It's a cycle of hatred with no end. Why married each other? Just to satisfy each of their lust and reproduce. Love is never a required thing in demon marriages. And it's basically like that between Yonghwa's father and mother.

They married just to satisfy their lusts. Of course, for tittle too to Yonghwa's mother. Unfortunately, the late demon king, had an affair with a mere peasant; Joon's mother. The two demons had the passion for each other and it slowly grows into love. The demon queen heard it and all hell break loose. She's scared. Scared for her position at the throne, to be replaced. That's when she ordered to kill Joon's mother.

It's a little too late though. Something went wrong with her plan and Joon was born. The demon queen was angry, very angry. This time, she ordered to kill both the mere peasant and her infant. That night Joon was born, the people paid by the demon queen invaded their house. When the king heard about it, he quickly ran to her rescue.

The king wasn't too late yet. He arrived, just in time to see the peasant woman he loves being beaten up by a bunch of demons. With no mercy, the late king killed each one of those demons personally in anger. But when he held the peasant woman in his arms, he was too late and she couldn't be saved. She only told him one thing;

"End the c-cycle. Take c-care of J-joon for me."

But luck is never on Joon's side. Even if he was brought back to the castle to be taken care of there, he looks too much like his peasant mother. The king hated that because he reminded him of the king's lost love. Thus, he's treated just like any maids of the castle, sometimes even worse. With the queen hating him, it became even worse.

Seven years passed like that until Yonghwa was born. Yonghwa is so inoccent and (although not loved) taken care by both his parents and Joon hates that fact, he envies Yonghwa. But no matter how much he wants it though, Joon couldn't bring himself to hate Yonghwa.

His little brother follows him everywhere, begging him to play with him. Yonghwa is the first one to make Joon smiles in a decade. They became two peas in a pot, unseparable.

Sadly, it all comes to an end when Joon changed for some reason. Yonghwa could no longer see the goofy side of his older brother, the happy brother of his. Instead, he met the pathetic, sulky and monstrous side of Joon, the one that holds grudges and finally created the most murderous weapon the world has ever known, the sword of myth and killed many people with it.

"You don't have to look at me in pity like that, you know?" Joon snapped him back from his train of thoughts.

Yonghwa blinks and looks around. "S-seohwa .. Seohwa! Where is she?" he asked when he saw that Seohwa's seat is already empty.

"You were too busy pitying me, Juniel took your daughter to your bedroom to get ready for bed first." Joon said, sipping from his wine glass.

Yonghwa shook his head. "I didn't mean it like that, hyung."

"Are you wondering why I'm being nice to Seohwa after killing those people for years? Including your appa?" Joon asked, as if trying to distract Yonghwa from the other talk.

Yes, Joon is the one who killed his father, with the sword of myth. No, he never refers to the man as his father, because to him, his only family is Yonghwa, his brother. The late demon king was never a father to Joon.

"Yes," Yonghwa answered truthfully. "Why though? Because her umma isn't here and you understand how she feels?"

Joon nodded, smiling. He wiped his mouth with a clothe before standing up from his seat. "Hey, when she's feeling down; tell her, that her umma is like a y badass woman who can seduce a hot demon king." Joon winked. "That's what I always told myself." he smirked before walking away.

Yonghwa laughed, ridiculed. No matter how bad his brother has became, he still cannot hate him.

Yonghwa too, stood up from his seat and walked back to his bedroom for the night.

He smiled widely when he opened the door to his bedroom and it doesn't look dull for once. He saw Seohwa already putting her animal plushies around the bed, decorating it. She put one and backed away to admire them before switching the plushies again to different places. "What are you doing?" Yonghwa asked her, walking to his bed.

"Appa! Don't sleep yet! The bed is still ugly." Seohwa insulted, putting more plushies on the bed.

The older demon laughed. "But appa is tired already? What to do?" he asked playfully, lifting Seohwa up, making the little angel giggles. He threw himself onto his bed, slowly laying Seohwa down on top of his broad chest.

Seohwa smiled sweetly and started drawing different shapes on Yonghwa's chest, giggling. Yonghwa watches her, cannot stop himself from turning into goo. "Appa's chest is so much better than umma's." she decided.

"Why?" Yonghwa asked her, playing with her long hair.

Seohwa looked up slightly and put a finger on her chin, thinking. "Umma's chest have two balls!" she answered innocently. "It's hard to draw on that."

Yonghwa immediately put her down on the bed, startling the little demon girl with his sudden move. He sat up on his bed, his cheeks suddenly feels hotter and he's pretty sure it reddened.

'STOP THINKING ABOUT THAT! JUNG YONGHWA PULL YOURSELF TOGETHER!'

'Of course you've seen them. How else was Seohwa made?'

'GAHHHH! Come on, Yonghwa! Seohyun is not here, Seohyun is just your past, Seohyun is not here, Seohyun is done with you, Seohyun is not here,- wait. Is she still in the dungeon?'

"What's wrong, appa?" Seohwa asked, worried when she saw her dad slapping himself everywhere.

Yonghwa shook his head twice, slapped his cheeks twice on each cheek before turning back to Seohwa. "Nothing, let's go sleep now." he said, smiling warmly at Seohwa.

Yonghwa lays on the bed, Seohwa snuggling between his arms. The older demon covered both their bodies with a thick blanket, knowing that it will be cold that night. He hugged Seohwa for extra warmth, not forgetting to kiss her forehead, wishing good night and sweet dreams before the little demon girl drift into a deep sleep.

Hours passed but Yonghwa couldn't sleep.

It's not that he feels weird about having Seohwa snuggling into him. He finds her sleeping face really cute; her lips pouted, drooling, making wet spots of drool on Yonghwa's clothes. She's his daughter and she should have slept like that everyday. Maybe it's weird having Seohwa cuddling with him in sleep for the first time ever. But Yonghwa doesn't think that it's the reason why he couldn't sleep.

Maybe it's because it's really comfortable in his bed. How nice the warmth that the blanket provided them despite the freezing temperature outside the bed. It's because he got all that, while he imagines Seohyun curling up to warm herself up from the cold on the hard floor of the dungeon. He has been there, and it's torture.

He slowly got out of bed, careful not to wake Seohwa up. He walked to his wardrobe and put on his long, wide, thick cape before tip-toe-ing out of his bedroom, closing the door silently. To save time, he slowly opened his scaly edgy black wings and flew to the dungeon.

He lit a torch with fire and walk around the dungeon, on his way to Seohyun's cell. When he finally arrived there, he saw what he expected. Scratch that, it's worse than what he thought.

Seohyun is at the corner of the cell, her white cape covering her curled body, her body and head leaning onto the cold wall behind her. Her face looks a lot paler than usual, though her cheeks flushed because of the cold. Her breathing looks heavy and steams come out everytime she exhales. Her lips are already cracked and blue. Her whole body trembling in cold.

Annoyingly, Yonghwa still thinks she looks beautiful.

"Hyun?" Yonghwa called, just to confirm if she's asleep.

She's not. Her eyes slowly fluttered opened and when she saw Yonghwa, she abruptly stand up and run to the cell's door, grabbing its bars. "Yong. Can I see Seohwa now?" was the first thing she asked.

"No. You'll scare her with that face." Yonghwa answered flatly as he saw how sick Seohyun looks.

He opened the lock of the cell with the key for the second time that day. When it opened, Seohyun once again tried to walk out, just to be thrown back. Yonghwa shook his head a few times before entering the cell and closing its door back.

"Didn't I tell you it's charmed? Aissshhhh this stubborn girl." Yonghwa said, squating down, giving Seohyun the torch he's holding for her to get some warmth from its fire. He should've known that with her stubborn attitude, she would refuse it.

Yonghwa silently cursed. Looking at Seohyun, she's only wearing a white dress that's sleeveless and only fell onto her knees. Her cape is seen through, meaning that it's very thin. With her refusing the warmth from the torch, she'll totally be sick the next morning. She can even die from cold if this continues! He can't let Seohwa lives like his Joon hyung, without a mother.

"Are you seriously saying no? Tired of living?" Yonghwa asked coldly.

"Then let me take Seohwa home!"

"This is her home!" Yonghwa argued. Seohwa is his daughter and the Dark Castle is his home. So the Dark Castle is Seohwa's home too. Plus, she's a demon now.

Seohyun couldn't argue to that. "Does it mean I can't see her from now on?" It's more of a question than a snappy comeback. The angel's eyes didn't even glisten with tears this time. She has spent her whole day crying, and her eyes are dried.

"You have to see her." he answered. Seohwa can't grow up like his brother, of course she needs to see her mother. "Just, not now, Hyun." he added.

Seohyun who was looking down in frustration, looked up to his face. Did he just call her Hyun? "When?"

The demon seems to think hard about it. "If it's possible for me to sneak her in, I'll bring Seohwa here tommorow to meet you." Yonghwa scratched the back of his head. "That's why ... don't be sick."

Seohyun chuckled, surprising Yonghwa. "How can I not be sick? I'm wearing a short white dress and is locked in a cold dungeon in cold winter at night. It's fine, oppa. Thanks for telling me that." she smiled weakly, expecting Yonghwa to sigh and left her cell again.

Yonghwa sighed (as predicted). He doesn't want to do this at first.

He put the torch on a hanger at the corner of the cell which is close to the door, making sure it's hung well and that it won't fall and cause fire.

Yonghwa pull Seohyun's cape from her back, earning an "Oppa!" from Seohyun. He fold the cape into two and put it down on the corner of the cell where Seohyun was before. He pull Seohyun to stand up and lead her to the corner of the cell where he spread her cape before.

He sat down on the cape, pulling Seohyun down with him this time. Seohyun's face reddened (in embarrassment this time) as Yonghwa pulled her closer to him, making her lean on his chest. She herself is wrapped in between Yonghwa's legs, her own legs folded so that she's hugging her knees close to her chest. Only then, Yonghwa back-hugs her while covering both his body and hers with his long and wide black cape.

"O-oppa." Seohyun half-whispered. Yonghwa ignored her.

The demon then put his chin on top of the angel's small shoulder, resting on it. "What are you waiting for? Sleep." he told her. With one of his hand, he gently pushed Seohyun's head, making it rest on the side of Yonghwa's head. "Don't hope for me to be this nice again to you. I just want my daughter's umma to stay alive." he said.

Seohyun smiled and the butterflies in her tummy fly around again. She shyly nodded, understanding what he meant. She closed her eyes slowly.

"Why do you care so much for Seohwa? You could've just give her to me." Yonghwa's question held her back from sleeping. Heck, now they're so close that Seohyun can feel the heat of Yonghwa's mouth as he talked.

"She's the last piece of your love that I have with me." Seohyun answered simply.

Even with that simple answer; it created a huge mess in Yonghwa's head. Is she messing with him? Is she playing with his heart again? Does she still like him probably? Or is it her trick to make him betray his brother? Seo Joohyun was and is always a mystery to him.

Meanwhile, Seohyun silently giggled inside as she felt as if she just confessed her love. She has been running away from him in vain all this time. The reason she avoided him is because she's scared that he doesn't want Seohwa when he knows she's his. Turns out, he even loves Seohwa. What's there to be scared about this time? This time, there's a chance for her, Seohwa, and Yonghwa to be together; as a proper family.

Yonghwa awkwardly coughed. "Sleep." he said, closing his eyes this time. Seohyun closed her eyes too and enjoys the warmth of Yonghwa's body as she fell asleep.

It's the most comfortable sleep they got since years and both couldn't stop themselves from thinking;

'I miss this.'


Author's Note

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

*PARTY PARTY PARTY!*

I don't know if any of you still read fanfictions on the Christmas holiday; but this is one gift that I can give you guys.
(I'm sorry if you don't like the chapter TT.TT - I'll try giving you better chapter next time)

I was writing the part when Yonghwa's looking at the sight of sick Seohyun and realized~
'Ah .. I'm so bad at writing fluffs.'

But then again one of my friends squealed at the last part.
Do you guys get it? Do you guys understood what I was talking about?

It's basically a back hug.
Yongseo couple did it before!

backhug.gif

But not the usual back hug.
I made Yonghwa wrapped Seohyun with his cape, along with his body.
(Look, I'm not great with words.)

I got the inspiration from The Heirs; when Kim Tan hugged Cha Eun Sang and wrapped her inside his coat *squeal squeal*

C0C1C18DC790B4E4E14131121HDTVx264720p-LT

Okay, but Yong and Seo are sleeping like that~ And Seohyun isn't facing Yonghwa. Her back is.

 

So, did you guys enjoy Lee Joon's past?

Believe me, there's more than just that. I just love dark pasts. Don't you just~ ?

If you think that Joonie didn't suffer enough, re-read it;

'Yonghwa is the first to make him smile in a decade.'

To remind you, angels' and demon's time is way slower than the human world's.
A decade to them, is like thousand of years.
(in my fanfic that is lol)

 

AND NOW *drumrolls* FOR MY SHAMELESS ADVERTISEMENT~

I recently made a Twitter account only for me fangirling over oppas and KPop stuffs. (Yes, fangirling over oppas and KPop stuffs are different .. sometimes)

My username is @KPOPMonstahh
(way too creative *rolled eyes*)

I'm going to use that account, also to update about this fanfiction's updates.

So, make sure you follow me! :)
I'll be willing to totally follow back if you just ask for it!

THANKS FOR MY AWESOME 94 SUBSCRIBERS SO FAR!
I LOVE YOUUH~ TT.TT

Also for my dear awesome readers and commenters.
Your comments seriously helped me to become a better writer.
So please, leave your thoughts and comments bellow after reading ;)

 

And here's an extra fanfiction for you;

There's this girl, she made an Asianfanfics.com account with the username KPOPMonstahh.
It's christmas and she basically wishes everyone merry christmas.

2 years ago, she's really close with a guy classmate of hers.
He's really awkward with girls, the others of being gay. His only girl buddy, is this girl.
People started calling them a couple whatsoever.

jK2cx.gif

Truthfully, they are only friends. Really really close friends.
(Truth be granted, the guy asked her out once, but she rejected; but they continue being SUPER close friends)

After denying those rumors so many times;
People got tired of teasing them as a couple, and instead started telling them they're like a sibling. A bro and a sis.
The girl really likes that idea and so did the boy.

But in the following years, this guy distanced himself from the girl after never being in the same class again.
Sure, not like they fought or anything;
It's still "Hey", "Hello", and "Hi" here and there (every month)

tumblr_m6vqh6GhMs1r24yfh.gif

But this guy friend and her is no longer as close.
Understandable, right?

That guy now even has many girl buddies. None as close as he was with this girl, but so many girl buddies now.
The thing is, he started ignoring her ..
Now that guy has many girl buddies, does that mean he doesn't need this girl anymore or what?

It makes this girl feels a bit awkward.
So should she still wishes him merry christmas?

Everybody deserves a merry christmas wish.
But, it just feels weird. Somehow annoyed ..

ahahah ~

I don't know anymore ..
Hing!

- KPOPMonstahh