Seventeen

Demonic Love

"Appa~!" Seohwa called, annoyed. She has been calling her dad for a while now, asking him to play with her. But all she got back is nothing.

"Appa can't play with you today, princess. Appa needs to do something really important. Why don't you go play with Juniel or someone in the castle?" Yonghwa told her.

Seohwa has observed her dad for a while now. Last night, the demon king didn't sleep. When Seohwa woke up this morning, Yonghwa only kissed her forehead before going to the bathroom to take a shower. Now they're eating breakfast. But unlike usually, Yonghwa is eating a whole lot more than he usually eats. That, and two glasses of milk.

His eyelids are slowly dropping, almost closing, he stopped himself everytime he almost fall asleep on the dining table. Yonghwa wiped his mouth, standing up from his seat. "Okay Seohwa, appa is going to sleep. Don't wake me up until tomorrow afternoon, alright?"

"Why do you want to sleep that long, appa?" her eyes opened widely, brown orbs showing, warming Yonghwa's heart as usual.

Smiling warmly back to her, he kneeled to her eye level. "Don't tell this to anyone. I'm going to rescue umma. Then we can be free from this castle and go back to the White Castle." he whispered to Seohwa's ears.

The demon girl nodded happily, her tail bouncing up and down as she chants her dad's name. Yonghwa kissed her forehead sweetly, thanking her for understanding, to which Seohwa replied with two thumbs up and a giggle, making Yonghwa laugh before he made his way to his bedroom.

Even after Yonghwa's explanation, Seohwa still doesn't really understand why her dad would 'sleep' to rescue her mom. She may be five only but she's pretty sure she's not that stupid to be fooled. How can sleeping actually helps her mom at all? And why did her dad say 'rescue'? Is she in trouble or something?

Of course she loves it a whole lot better in the White Castle. It's cleaner and tidier there. Not to mention that it feels really friendly in there, there's no intimidating aura whatsoever in it like the one in the Dark Castle. There's her Aunt Mel who she can play with when her mom is busy. Seohwa misses it a lot. But she wouldn't call getting to go home to the White Castle as being 'rescued'.

Bored is what Seohwa is feeling after an hour or so. She only realized that she left all of her toys in the bedroom. But her daddy is now sleeping in it, and she cannot possibly disturb his sleep. So she bears with it, hoping night time will soon come, she'll sleep in the room, and then the next day's afternoon will come and she can wake her daddy up.

Unfortunately for Seohwa, the afternoon feels like forever and the sun is way too happy that day to disappear from the clear blue sky. She sighed, jumping up and down to take a look from the small window every minute.

"Is there anyone who wants to play with me?" Seohwa asked herself, feeling sad as she stroll down the huge Dark Castle. Only then she realizes that she has never actually go anywhere else in the Dark Castle except for her dad's bedroom, the first floor, and the dungeons.

Feeling happy that she finally has something to do, she skipped around the castle, chanting the fact that she's going on an adventure. But first, to make it official, she decided to dress herself first.

She ran to the main hall, playing all by herself. She looks around the main hall before she finally found what she's looking for next to the throne's chair. She took a black elegant looking crown from its holder, putting it on her own head. It's way too big, but she goes with it. Then she pulled out a table dresser from the kitchen. She giggled as she put the table dresser on her dress, making a cape for herself.

"MAKE WAY FOR DA QUEEENN!" she yelled with a man's voice, pretending to be a soldier or such. Then she pretended to be the queen and sat on the throne's chair, waving ridiculously to the empty room.

Then she stand up, she walked down the carpet of the main hall, waving left and right to her imaginary audience, making cheering sounds all by herself, blowing kisses to everybody on her way out of the main hall, walking gracefully like an actual queen would.

Seohwa ran around the Dark Castle, which is her new home since months ago. She happily jumped around the dark hallways, surprising each demon maids she passed by. "boo." she teased, making the demon maid surprised and ran away. She giggled. The demon maids however, aren't actually afraid of her. They're afraid of the crown Seohwa wears.

Exploring each room to her heart's content, Seohwa is quite disappointed to see that other rooms are just empty rooms or an old room filled with covered furnitures, looking all old and dusty at the same time. It started to get boring to the point that Seohwa wants to stop looking around and just take a nap inside.

But her body won't obey. It's like something controlled her. It brainwashes her to make her walk around, look around, and even searches through the old and no longer used dusty rooms. Seohwa herself is starting to feel afraid and scared. She found herself uncovering the sheets in the old rooms, looking for something that she herself doesn't have any clue about.

Rooms after rooms she entered. She is finally left with one. The one at the end of the darkest hallway on the fourth floor. Seohwa tried to stop her feet from moving further. But she can't help it for some reason. Her legs move forward, her arms stretched forward. An unknown force started pulling her, making her fasten her speed. It's getting worse.

Wind howls, as if calling her name. Seohwa is forced to open a giant black big door at the end of the hallway with her small shaking hands. When she did, the wind howls even more, whispering cries and begs for her to free them. What they're on about, she doesn't know.

The ground started shaking and an evil laughter suddenly erupted. Seohwa closed her ears and squatted down, waiting for the weird things that's happening to stop. "STOP IT!" she yelled, close to tears. When she ordered it, it really did stop. All of it.

Seohwa stand up again in relieve for a second there. It stopped. She's fine, she tried to assure herself. But when she almost actually calm down, she realized where she is.

She's in a big room. The room is way bigger than her Uncle Joon's or her dad's bedroom. There are dark wooden bed, huge wardrobe, dark brown framed body mirror. The wall is black and rough, but the floor is of a black wood. She noticed some pictures on the wall. Pictures of a scary looking woman, a stern evil looking man, and a boy around her age. It looks like a family picture. But seeing the boy's expression, it made her realize that it's not a happy family.

As the demon girl stepped closer to the picture, she noticed another boy, older than the first boy. But there he is, standing behind his mom, only a quarter of his face shown.

A family picture shouldn't be like that. Seohwa remembers the family picture of her mom's, where her grandfather and grandmother would smile to the camera, her grandfather has her mom on his lap and her aunt would gracefully stand behind the sofa her grandfather and grandmother is sitting on, making a cheerful V pose.

"Sssshh, over here."

The demon girl jumped backwards. She was shocked. But she listens to the voice calling her name, as if it's the voice she needs to listen at the most.

"Here." the voice is of a woman's voice. It sounds raspy, as if not used for a long time. It sounds like an old woman's voice, a woman in her 50s' voice. It's not the best voice Seohwa has ever heard. The tone of her voice is also rather demanding.

Seohwa found herself walking to the direction of the bed in the room. Her eyes are drawn to the picture frame covered with sheets. She grew curious. But she feels terrified at the same time.

"Yes, yes." the woman said again. "Remove the sheet. NOW!"

Seohwa keeps still. She's hesitant about it. But then something began controlling her body again like before, making her reach her hand forward, removing the sheet off the picture.

There, inside the picture frame, lives the most hideous looking woman Seohwa has ever seen her whole life. Her face sunked in, pale, as if tortured. Her hair oily, messy, pulled to every single direction possible. She looks like most fairytale's evil queen.

To Seohwa's horror, the woman stare at her with her eyes almost bulging out of her sockets. "MY CROWN! MY CROWN! GIVE ME BACK MY CROWN MY DEAR!" she said, squealing way too happily when she saw the crown on top of Seohwa's head.

Because she's scared, Seohwa hurriedly took off her crown, throwing it to the picture. Much to her surprise, the crown entered the picture, making its way almost automatically to the ugly old woman's head. Seohwa watches as the ugly old woman closes her eyes in pleasure, feeling the crown on her head.

"And now, to finish it off." the old woman smiled scarily, opening her palms. "I need you to get me out of here, you cursed child. Come here to grandma." she laughed scarily.

Seohwa wants to cry out loud or scream for help. But it was all way useless, seeing that blurry lines started to spark out her body, her soul being in by the power-hungry old woman. She laughs more and more to herself as Seohwa started to feel weaker and weaker.

The door slammed opened, revealing another demon who stomped his way inside the bedroom. "Stop it you !" he yelled, pulling Seohwa away from the old woman's grasp. Seohwa recognize him in the dark room as Lee Joon. The demon kind moved forward, putting his hand inside the picture, taking the crown off the old woman's head. He then put the crown inside his pocket.

Joon threw the woman a dirty look, holding Seohwa in his arms. "No, no, no, no, NOOOO! YOU CURSED CHILD! I KNEW YOU WERE JUST SOME PIECE OF USELESS ! YOU CAN'T DO THIS TO ME! I'M THE QUEEN! YOU'RE INDEBTED TO ME FOR LIFE! I RAISED YOU AFTER YOUR TRASH OF A MOTHER DIED! THIS IS NOT HOW YOU REPAY ME!"

"WELL I'M THE KING NOW SO SHUT THE UP!" Joon yelled back, throwing the sheet back onto the picture, covering it again. "Let's get you out of here, Seohwa." he said, carrying Seohwa out of the room, covering her small ears from the cries of the old woman.

For the rest of the walk, Seohwa stays silent, hiding her face in Joon's chest. Joon sighed, patting the demon girl's back. He put her down in his bedroom.

"Samcheon, what is that earlier?" she asked, rubbing her eyes tiredly.

Joon scratches the back of his head in frustration. He has got no time to explain what in the world happened to his stepmother. He is busy with his preparations for the final battle. It's day 1 and tomorrow is a day before his big day. He needs to be prepared for it starting today.

"She's nobody. No need to worry." he told her, kneeling down to match her height. He holds her small hands into his big rough ones. Seohwa's eyes, they really look familiar. Joon feels like drowning into it.

Then a thought struck Joon.

Flashback

"You insolent little bastard!" the demon queen shreaks.

Joon can't take his eyes off of his angel lover. "Run!" he told her. But it was too late, the demon queen has caught her. And it if a sure thing that she is going to kill her.

For once when he thought everything went smoothly in his life, something has to happen. His stepmother caught his relationship with his beloved angel. Now she's hunting the beautiful angel down, making sure to catch her and practically skin her alive before she killed her. But Joon can't let it happen. As his last defense, he threw a candle holder to his stepmother's head.

"What did you just do?!" his stepmother turned around to his direction this time.

The woman is twice his age. Her knowledge and her powers are obviously twice more than his as well. Joon feels so small under her glare. He can only run here and there, hoping that her spell will only hit him, leaving his beloved alone.

As he expected, he is targetted, the demon queen throwing dangerous murderous spells on him. A spell hit him by the leg directly, making him fall down. He closed his eyes, waiting for the queen to take his life away from him. He stayed there on the floor. But nothing happened.

"LET ME OUT OF HERE!" a voice yelled, demanding. Joon opened his eyes in confusion. Why is he still alive. He sat up, turning around to see his loved one crying on her knees next to a huge picture frame on the floor.

Worried, Joon crawled weakly to the picture frame. In it is his stepmother, yelling and commanding them to get her out. Her crown fell off next to the picture. "H-how?"

The angel looked up to him with her red face. "I cursed her, Joon. I cursed her!" she cried. "I cursed someone! I'm no longer an angel." she cried, hiding her face with her hands. The look on her face pains Joon. He pulled the angel into his arms, hugging her tightly as she cried into his chest. "I can't let her kill you. I can't. Y-you don't deserve it! So I cursed her. I trapped her inside the picture." she cried more.

"You're right. I don't deserve it." he pat her back. "But she does. So please, don't cry." he kissed her temple tenderly. "Don't cry."

"LET ME OUT OF HERE!" the old woman yelled for the nth time. Joon ignores her. He stood up, supporting the angel by the waist with his one arm and the picture with his other arm.

Lee Joon silently sent his angel home, making her fly home from the window quietly. Then he walked up to a deserted room, throwing the picture with his stepmother in it inside. "Get me out! NOW!" the demon queen yelled again. Joon then took a sheet and cover the picture with it.

"An angel trapped you in it! Only an angel can get you out too!" Joon yelled back for the last time to the woman, before he closed the door of the deserted room behind him. He was satisfied with it. Everyone though the demon queen was dead.

But of course, every hidden things will be revealed by time. To Joon's bad luck, his father; the demon king found his cursed wife one day. But that's another story.

End of Flashback

"Seohwa, how can your soul be in by the old woman?" Joon asked. Only an angel can free her. If she can Seohwa's soul to get her free, then Seohwa should be an angel.

But Seohwa shook her head, confusing Joon more than he should be. "I'm a demon, samcheon. My dress is black and I have horns, see?" Seohwa said, practically telling the truth.

Joon shook his head. Must be his illusions. "Okay then kiddo, just rest up and don't go around the Dark Castle alone again, okay?" he ruffled her hair. Seohwa nodded.

She suddenly feels really hot. "Samcheon, can you tie my hair please?" she asked nicely, as politely as she can.

The demon king rolled his eyes. Him tying a girl's hair? That would be funny to watch. He was about to refuse her. But then the pretty adorable doggy eyes came out from her brown doe eyes and he just couldn't refuse. "Okay. Give me the hairband."

Seohwa smiled, running out of the room to give him her hairband. That gives Joon time to lay down on his bed, looking up to his ceiling. For the first time in centuries he smiled to himself. The day after tomorrow will be the day. He will be happy again the day after tomorrow.

But what if things don't go as he planned?

Hitting his own head for ruining his awesome imagination, he sat back up straight again. What if things really don't go as he planned it to be? What if something is missing? He needs an ace card. He needs just one thing to guarantee his plan to work the way it should be.

"Here it is!" Seohwa came back in running to him, handing him a baby blue ribbon hairband. Joon sneekers at the ridiculous looking object. He watches as Seohwa sat herself on his lap, waiting to get her hair tied.

Slowly, Joon gathers the demon girl's hair, trying not to leave even a strain of hair untied. He combed it slightly his fingers. When he seems satisfied with it, he took her hair to his one hand and raise it up to tie them altogether. But he stopped. A red star-shaped scar on her back neck caught his attention.

 

Then I saw Joonie hyung making a star-shaped scar on the baby's back-neck.

"Oh ," Lee Joon rubbed his eyes, "Is that an angel?!" he asked himself, looking at the white-dressed running figure.

"YOU S! AN ANGEL IS IN THE CASTLE! ALERT! ALERT!" Lee Joon yelled through the corridor, hunting for the angel that just barged into his castle.

Seohyun gulped. "We are done. I know that. I just need something precious of mine. And I need Yonghwa to get it for me."

Something about her is so irresistable for him. Just like she was.

Seohyun snickered. "She can be as pretty as Seohwa whenever she wants to."

"Hey kiddo," he ruffled Seohwa's hair. "What are you doing near the dungeon?" he asked.

 

"You're Seo Joohyun's daughter aren't you?" he asked straightforwardly.

He smirked, knowing that he finally found a perfect hostage, an ace card, and a guarantee when Seohwa nodded her head sleepily.
His plan will go on well. He'll finally be happy again.


Author's Note

Day 1.

It means there are two chapters left. Two.

I almost cried. This will be my first ever finished fanfiction.
I can't even TT.TT

So if most of you are confused with they grey-colored text, those lines are hints from all of the chapters before this that hints Joon that Seohwa is Seohyun's. Just to clear that part up! ;)

I'll be having my practical exam next week! Woohoo!
Then another test the next week.
Then another quiz the next week.
Then a week of test/quiz-free week.

a6t771081.jpg

Expect another update by then? :)

I have 13 upvotes.
127 loyal awesome subscribers.
98 inspirational comments.

Maybe that's why I just love it so much TT.TT
Your support means so much to me and I love you all. I really do. TT.TT

I'm opening up a question and answer session right https://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/674542/demonic-love-q-a-yongseo "here"
Sorry, still learning how to redirect URLs. Willing teachers? :)

Y'know. If you might want to ask something that's not clear about this story to me.
I might be deleting that soon so yeah!
There are conditions tho!
1. Make sure you leave a comment about what you think of this chapter
2. Don't forget to smile after reading
being a cheeseball here hehehh

%C2%BB%C3%A7%C2%BA%C2%BB-~1.JPG

- KPOPMonstahh