Nineten

Demonic Love

"No! I c-can't do it." the angel whimpered in the corner of her cell. Her head shaking left and right violently, refusing to do her lover's plan.

Yonghwa sighed. It is hard. He needs Seohyun to take out his heart now, because he doesn't know what will happen if he let his angel stay there in the dungeons for another day. His Joon hyung could've kill her any second in there and she isn't safe. He couldn't imagine how he will live knowing his brother killed his lover.

On the other hand, Yonghwa knows what it's like to live knowing the one you love don't love you. If his heart is taken out, he'll never love Seohyun again and the angel doesn't want that to happen.

He took her hand into his and kissed the back of her hand. "Hey, Hyun, hey, hey, look at me. We have to do this. Joon hyung is out of the castle now and if you managed to break free out of this cell when he's still out, we can easily escape to Havenswood now. Do it." he kissed her hand again. "For Seohwa, for yourself. For us."

She took the last courage left in her, she lifted her head up, staring into Yonghwa's beautiful brown orbs; she admires the love flaming in it knowing that it will be the last time. Just one more thing left, "Yong, I love you."

"I love you too." he answered shortly, a gentle smile following his reply.

"Stupid choding. You won't be able to after this." she joked rather dryly.

The demon sighed again. "You know I do. I will if I can." he assured her. "I will always love you. With every particle of my body." he added cheesily, making Seohyun giggled and distracted.

Yonghwa used the opportunity and grab Seohyun's thin wrist, putting it inside his chest. He felt the angel's hand roaming around his chest area, moving here and there trying to find his heart. "Yes, that's the one, Hyun." he told her when he felt her hand on top of his heart steadily. "Take it out."

"I love you." and with that, Seohyun pulled out Yonghwa's heart out of his chest in the speed of light. The organ beating againts her palm as it glows in her hand. It was a scary object to hold in your hand, but Seohyun can't find it anywhere in her heart to throw the heart away. It was Yonghwa's afterall. Was.

Meanwhile, Yonghwa painfully clutches his chest, where his heart was just taken out from. It feels really weird. Like everything beautiful was taken out of your life but it doesn't feel bad cause all the nightmares and pains were taken out with it as well. He lifted his head up, eying the angel who was looking at him with a worried face.

'You loved Seohyun, you loved Seohwa, you loved your Joon hyung, but bad things have to come to an end. You started this miserable life for the ones you love. You end it. Remember, Yonghwa, as long as they're safe and happy, your stupid feelings is a small price to pay'.

 

The demon keeps on chanting in his head, trying to get his head straight.

The angel scooted closer to her lover, brushing off the hair from his face. "Yong, you okay?" she asked, trying to sound as calm as she can although she's a nervous wreck inside, not knowing if Yonghwa will suddenly have a change in attitude.

He may not have a heart from then on, but his brain is still working and he knows and understands the reason why he took out his heart in the first place. "I'm fine. Come on, Joohyun, let's get you out of here." the demon stood up wobbly, pulling Seohyun up with him.

They carefully opened the door of the cell. Yonghwa stepped out of it successfully as he usually does despite not having a heart now. Seohyun took a deep breath and prepare herself. She turned around abruptly and ran to the corner of the cell.

"I'll get you out one day. I promise." she whispered in such a small voice nobody can even hear her. She placed a kiss on Yonghwa's heart before putting it down on the corner of the cell, along with the rest of the dust, dirt, and bones.

She reached out her hand to Yonghwa's who's waiting for her outside the cell she's been locked in for a few months by now. Her hand passed through the air unlike the other times when it would be stopped by an invisible barrier. A smile crept on her face. So just like that, it worked. Seohyun is free from her cell.

Yonghwa watched as Seohyun eyes her whole body which is now out of imprisonment in awe. "Let's get out before Joon hyung comes." he told her. The angel agreed with a bright smile, walking towards his way, linking her hand with his, lacing their fingers together. In instant, Yonghwa yanked his hand off hers. "That's not very comfortable." he told her.

"I'm sorry." Seohyun apologized, lowering her gaze to the ground as she continued walking out from the dungeon, following the demon's cold steps. Reality just kicked her in the face, reminding her that freedom comes with a cost.

The demon who is originally the owner of the palace guided the angel out. She doesn't realize how bright it can get in the dark Dark Castle. How dark must the dungeon be to make the main hall of a Dark Castle looks bright enough? She shook her head left and right, trying to take in the situation, checking if it was safe or not.

"Follow me." Yonghwa told her to hide inside the main hall first when he heard steps coming out from the exit door. Somebody is awake in this early morning. Yonghwa can only hope that it's not-

"Morning, Yong~!" the demon king greeted.

Seohyun gasped, her frail body falling backwards from the shock of being caught. It was a mere minute of freedom and she'll be back inside the animal cage once again. She has thought of the worse for her. But her face pales up when she came to the realization that Yonghwa will be punished as well.

".. or should I say, traitor?" Joon sneered, his eyes squinting, making the sharp feature even sharper. Flame of rage clearly shown in his eyes as he caught the two star-crossed lover perfectly in action. Yonghwa wonders how he could ever found out about the plan.

The demon king stomped his way towards the middle of the main hall, where Yonghwa is standing and Seohyun (well, on her ) is. He threw his cape to his back dramatically after steps forward he has taken. His face now merely centimeters away from Yonghwa's, threatening him with his eyes.

"Don't make this hard for me, Yong." he told his brother coldly. "I would understand if somebody else did this. But not you." he jabbed his finger onto Yonghwa's empty chest. "How could you."

"How could I?" Yonghwa asked back in disbelief, not backing down from the older the slightest. "How could you, hyung!" he retorted. "You were the one telling me how wonderful it is to love in the first place. Now that I've experienced it, you want me to throw it away? That is more cruel than not knowing love itself, hyung!"

"Don't make this hard for me! You're my only family left and I can't-"

"You're my only family left too! Hyung! I care about you! If you would just stop all this act you've been doing this past milleniums then maybe I'll help you. You don't have to make us feel miserable for the sin your angel comitted! It's not fair!" the younger demon cried. Only to stop when the sword of myth is suddenly in front of his throat.

Joon smiled bitterly. "Don't talk like you're the miserable one here. We are demons and no matter what, we don't love. We just don't. We accept that fact." he explained slowly. He watched as Yonghwa opened his mouth slightly to retort. "I .. What I had back then was a cruel prank she played on me. There is no such thing called love." he added. Joon jabbed his finger on Yonghwa's chest again. "Love is illusion our minds created. Don't be weak because of it. We can't feel love."

Seohyun watches in shock as Yonghwa did the unthinkable and threw his hyung's arms away, slapping his powerful sword down the ground. "WELL THANKS TO YOU NOW I REALLY CAN'T FEEL LOVE! LITERALLY!"

"Wha-wh-"

"I sacrificed my heart for Seohyun, hyung." Yonghwa weakly admitted.

"Then you must die."

With four final words, Joon stabbed Yonghwa's chest with the sword of myth.

The angel can only watch with her two bare eyes, frozen on the floor, unable to comprehend another thing. She watches as the man she loves literally closed his eyes and breathed out his last breath; a tear escaping his left eyes as he did. His body then slowly transformed into gold dust and fly along with the wind.

Joon watched the remaining of his brother's dust with a heavy heart. It must be done. For his happiness. Anyone holding him back must be destroyed. He walked to Seohyun this time, giving her a hand to take.

Seohyun dumbfoundedly took his hand and stood up. "H-he's dead .."

"Yeah." Joon replied coldly. "Wanna go to Starbucks?"

"WHAT?!"

"Happy April Fool's Day, you fool."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"What happened to the author, oppa?"
"Oh, she's still being a wishy-washy dummy, completely confused on how to end the fiction."
"... So Yong oppa is still alive?"
"Oh yeah! The dummy author will delete this chapter soon and replace it with the actual chapter once she finished it. Tell the subscribers to be patient and that she's sorry."

xoxo


- KPOPMonstahh