One

Demonic Love

Seohyun's PoV

"Black and White are two completely different colors. So different, that one is the brightest color and one is the darkest, one is the cleanest and one is the dirtiest, one symbolized all the pure things in life and one symbolized the cruelty of life. One means good while the other means bad. So different, that it may never be one. Just like our love."

Those are the only paragraph I can write on the last page of a notebook that I always hid under the biggest rock in the Gate. Only two persons know about it. One is me, and the other one is my other half. Why did I write something like that? It's for our own sakes, so I told him to stay away from me.

Introducing me, Seo Joo Hyun, call me Seohyun. I'm the Princess of the angels. I'm 22 years old in human's world. In my world, you could say I'm older than your grandmother's grandmom.

As an angel, obviously it is my job to protect all the goodness and purity of the world. As their princess, I help my father and my older sister (Mel unnie) rule the angel's Kingdom; Havenwoods. It's the cleanest, most beautiful kingdom in the world other than Heaven itself. We make sure every angel in the kingdom lives happily, even while guarding the human they're assigned to.

As you see, every kingdom has its limits. Havenwoods used to be very big, until somehow humans started to rebel againts goodness. That's when the demons were born. As evil increases, the demons started building their own kingdom next to the Havenwoods; the Underworld. We are only seperated by an ocean with a small island in it that we call the Gate.

On the Gate is 3 buildings; the Hospital, the Clothing Dust, and the Sky Institute. Out of them all, I pick Sky Institute as the only place I regret coming to.

Sky Institute is a school for both Angels and Demons. There's where we learn to hate each other. It's easy since all those demons do is exactly the actions we oppose doing. Bullying, lying, stealing are what they do there meanwhile we protect, love, and give.

Apparently, it's different for me. Instead of hating them, I grew a strong strong feelings for one of them. An angel (the Princess of the angels!) fell for a demon.The Prince of the demon to add it. That's what got me and my peer angels into this mess. But of course they don't know this. The angels are clueless of why the demons attacked them.

"Seohyun! Let's not get distracted now would you?!" my Unnie yelled at me this time.

"Neh." I answered her politely, didn't realize the tear that escaped my eyes. I quickly spread my wings to fly and fight the hungry demons. In this war, my job is to protect the angels from danger.

I heard it. Crying, wailing, sobs from everywhere. The demons are seeking revenge at us, for I who 'seduced' their prince. Yes, we were found out by the King of the demons, his brother. And I'm sure he's going to ruin our kingdom with his Sword of Myth now.

A demon suddenly lunged itself at me. I quickly duck and hit his face with my fist. Being a princess and angel at the same time, doesn't mean I'm just a barbie doll who can only sit prettily. Now I wasn't saying that demons look horrible with green skin or anything.

Demons look exactly like us angels if it wasn't for their horns and black clothings. Some are even handsome and hot. This demon I just punched is one of the good-looking ones. Too bad he attacked me, leaving me no choice but to defend myself. Anyways, the demon passed out.

This time I saw one of the demon strangling a little angel girl. Her white dress is now all wrinkled. I figured she was late for the children evacuation train. Her angelic mother is screaming for her behind her. She herself is held back by two demons who laughed happily seeing how miserable and broken she is.

I took out my arrow and one of my bows from my back. I aimed carefully before shooting the demon who was strangling the girl. The demon lay lifeless the afterwards, letting go of the little girl. The girl fell to the ground too. I ran to her. I put my ears on her chest to see if she's alive. She is. I carry her in my arms and fly away.

Don't think I'll abandon her mom. Since the demons think I flew away,distracted, I kick them both from the back and shot their backs with my arrows too. The mother then thank me silently whilst tears continued streaming down her beautiful face. How I miss my mother.

"Take her and fly to the shelter. You know where it is. She's gonna be fine." I smiled at her weakly before flying away.

The battle continued. I started to lost track of the time after facing so many demons and find myself losing strength slowly. I don't know what the demons were aiming for and just wish them to give up. As I was about to help one of the soldiers, a demon jumped on me and sat on my stomach. Her hideous face dangerously close to mine. I tried fighting her but she's too strong. I know this demon. Juniel.

"Long time no see, Seo. Haven't seen you since graduation." she greeted me.

"I would've appreciate a greeting with manners." I said through my gritted teeth.

"Too bad I don't know how to do that. But I know the proper way to say goodbye. Goodbye." She said while taking her sharp little golden knife from her belt, ready to stab me with it.

She would've done it if it wasn't for my unnie's scream.

The whole kingdom is suddenly silenced by the piercingly hurtful scream of hers. Everyone stopped what they were doing, eyes averted to the White Castle. That's when the demons stand up with a smirk on their faces. I know that by then their mission must've been acomplished. Juniel stood up too.

"Later Seo. I wouldn't be such a demon and let you miss your family's funeral. Annyeong!" She said. With a whoosh, all of the demons opened their black and dark wings and fly towards the sky, to go back to the Underworld.

I sat there by myself, looking up the sky where the demons fly together happily, high-fiving each other after making such a chaos in my kingdom. How heartless.

"Princess, your sister." one of the angel called to me. I snapped back to reality and stood up, only to find out my broken ankle. But I ignore it and choose to fly back to my castle.

Once I get there, I ran with all my might to the center of the castle, the room where all the balls and important events are usually held in, the room with the red carpet from its door to the throne chairs at the end. The room with white ceiling and chandelier, also with white wallpaper on the wall. The room which is the heart of the castle. However, it was all messy and destroyed now. I brace myself to look in the room.

There stood the King of the demons. With his eyes dark green and cold, making eye contact with mine. With his black armor and clothing that shines in glimmery black. His back cape behind him, showing how majestic he is. Spikes stand on his shoulder, practically telling everyone to back off from him. His black boots look really polished and with spikes at the front. Under those shoes, lies my father. The demon is stepping on his stomach.

My eyes widen at the sight. My father's holy white clothes are now stained with dark red blood right above his stomach. The sword of myth, the scariest weapon ever known stabbed his chest.

"Appa!" I shouted from the door frame. My heart tells me to run to his arms that very second. But my brain and feet says no.

"H-hyun.." My father smiled at me. His white hair messy and his face exhausted. He was being stepped on but his charisma didn't even leave his face. His nose scrunging each second, trying not to scream in pain. That's what Lee Joon's sword does. The sword of myth. One spot stabbed, and the whole body will feel the drastic pain. The scariest part of it, you're not allowed to die before you feel the most extreme pain existed.

"YOU!" I yelled to him; Lee Joon.

"Hi little Hyunnie. Long time no see." he said with his smirk like nothing is wrong.

I never did anything wrong! "W-why..?"

"Teaching you a lesson. Seducing my brother doesn't mean you'll get to rule Underworld too, Princess." My father turned his gaze away from me at the second there. Lee Joon's eyes shot him a look and was telling him something I can't decipher.

"I didn't seduce him! And I have no intention to rule the Underworld! The thing between us was merely lov-"

"DON'T YOU SAY IT!" He yelled, making me flinch. "There's no such thing as love in this world! That's all bull!" he kicked my father's face.

"Appa!" I yelled to him again. This time he smiled, his gaze back at me. I heard Lee Joon scoffing at his face.

He took a deep breath, probably collecting energy as to try to talk for the last time to me. "History repeated itself. Just remember one thing. With no love you won't survive, Seohyun-ah." my father said, his eye-lids dropping slowly. That's what he always teaches me; love.

I want to go to his arms and hug him for one last time, but my feet still don't agree to do so. I was frozen there at the door frame while my father is slowly fading. I can't imagine more torture than this at the moment. I swear I was shaking madly and my face is already very red.

With heavy heart I watch as my father's smile fades away from his face and his eye-lids closing. I fell on my knees as I saw his body fade away, sent to the human world. I knew he'll come back once again, after his punishment in the human world is done. And now the only thing left is his clothes.

(For us angels and demons, after we die, our body will disappear. Then we'll be sent to the human world to live as a mortal human being. If we are good, we'll be sent back to Havenwoods after our 'punishment' as a human is done.)

"This is also for what you did to me." Lee Joon spat at my father's clothes, picking up his deadly sword and putting it back to his belt. This time he turned his gaze to me. "I hope you learn your lessons." he said before flying away through the castle's big window, breaking the glass in the process.

Then I'm only left with myself without knowing what to do now that my father's gone. I fell on my knees the second Lee Joon was gone. It hit me only then; the regret.

Why must I know you ... Why must I love you ...


Jung Yong Hwa?


 

Author's note

Hello everyone! It's me! It's me! It's me!

Well, when I read fanfictions I don't usually read the author notes so I think some of you won't either.

But I'll write some anyway. Teehee.

tumblr_m7fi5k0bmq1r9vnos.gif

It's just a simple explanation~

My sister read this and since she's eleven already, I know she'll understand the story. But she got really confused about the dying part.

So, basically, once an angel or a demon died, their body will disappear, leaving only their clothings (No corpse).
Their soul will be sent to the human world to be reborn there like us.
If they're nice, kind, and good on Earth, once they died, they'll be sent back to the Havenwoods.
But if they're some badass back on Earth, they'll be sent to the Underworld when they died again.

Anything you can't seem to understand? Ask me! Leave comments! Yay. Bye.

- KPOPMonstahh