01

Hey Princess

 

It was a new school year for famous TS High School. Located in the heart of the capital of Korea, Seoul, it was known for their outstanding academic results and for the Arts. Their niche area was mainly the Arts- they had music lesson, vocal lessons and dance lessons for all of their students. Students who came here were either smart or musically talented-or maybe both. The school were filled with students, walking down the halls or talking to their friends they didn’t see during the holidays.

 

“Is Himchan hyung here today?”

 

Among them was a shy bespectacled student, his hair was jet-black and had very squishy cheeks. He was looking around for something or someone, holding his science textbooks securely in his right arm as he wandered around the hall to look for his friend. He looked cute, with his plump lips and pretty doe eyes that his best friend would called him “JaeJae Baby” or simply “Sqiushy”. He didn’t like to be called that, he would much rather his close friend to call him his name than “Squishy JaeJae”. He bit his lips when he couldn’t find his friend anywhere and was about to leave for his new class until he heard someone calling his name.
 

“Yoo Youngjae!”

 

 A student ran towards him, catching the eyes of some of the pretty girls as he pulled Youngjae into a tight hug. The blonde student had pretty eyes, his hair was stylish and looked dashing in his dark blue school uniform. The blond pulled away from Youngjae, ruffling his hair a little before pinching his chubby cheeks he adore so much. Unlike Youngjae, the blond didn’t need to wear spectacles, he wasn’t carrying any books but carried his bright red bag along with him. He chuckled softly seeing Youngjae pursing his lips at him after he pinched his cheeks- his best friend was cute, even though he denied about being adorable.

 

“Hyung, it hurts” Youngjaerubbed his cheeks with his hand, his eyebrows furrowing at the elder student who was laughing at him.

 

“Hehe, it’s a price to pay for being so cute, Squishy JaeJae!”

 

“I am not squishy hyung……” Youngjae mumbled softly. “Or cute…”

 

“Yah Youngjae, you are cute!” Himchan smiled brightly at him before pinching his right cheek again.

 

“Hey hyung! My cheeks are hurting” Youngjae frowned, holding his right cheek as he gave Himchan a pleading look. “And I am not cute hyung!”

 

“My Squishy JaeJae dongseang is always cute!” Himchan wrapped an arm around his shoulder and grinned cheekily at him.

 

“Come on my squishy dongseang! Let’s go to class together!” Youngjae sighed involuntarily, letting Himchan pull him to their classroom. He looked up at his talkative best friend with a small smile, feeling happy inside that he was able to be in most of his classes like the year before.

 

Himchan was his only best friend- no one would bother to talk to a shy, unpopular student in school like Youngjae or befriends with him. He met Himchan when they both coincidentally sat next to each other and greeted each other happily. They both were together a lot, even though there would be one or two classes they had to attend to separately, they would still hang out and talk to each other. Himchan was also very close to him because his sister, Sunhwa and Himchan’s sister, Hyosung were great friends. Whenever they met in Hyosung’s house, Youngjae would head straight to Himchan while the girls had their time alone.

 

Himchan was known to be friendly- he was greeting people who passed by them, who Youngjae didn’t even know. He knew Himchan cares for him, he tends to coo over him a lot but there was one thing Youngjae wasn’t able to stand at times- his nagging. He would gave Youngjae a one hour lecture on why he should not be shy to talk to people and try to talk to his classmates other than Himchan.

 

“Yah Youngjae” Himchan spoke softly. “Try to mix around with your classmates more this school year. You know there are girls out there who think you are cute. Aish, how are you going to get a girlfriend? Ah my cute JaeJae, this is one of the reasons why that person always pick on you. Ah, ah, you should be making more friends and hanging out with them, what if I am busy with my class projects when you are free? Aish, I knew I should have join singing too. And your die-“

 

“Hyung” Youngjae placed a hand over Himchan’s mouth, stopping him from continuing his ‘lecture’.

 

” It is just one or two classes we would not be together and I am planning to focus on my studies than getting a girlfriend hyung. And… I try to make friends!”

 

 Himchan nodded slowly- he knew Youngjae was a studious type but then, getting a girlfriend wouldn’t be so bad for him. Youngjae placed his hand away from his mouth and looked around cautiously before pulling Himchan closer to him.

 

“And about that person, I don’t know why he pick on me… and it wasn’t really that bad, he just called me ‘Nerdy Youngjae’, that’s all…” Youngjae whispered softly, pushing his spectacles as Himchan frowned at him.

 

“What? I mean, that guy couldn’t be like talking to you and teasing you for no reason” Himchan replied, looking at Youngjae with disbelief.

 

“Hyung, if I knew, I would have apologised to him since last year! But I haven’t seen him around yet, so I should be fine” Youngjae gave Himchan his wide smile.

 

“And I could take care of myself hyung! You focus on your instruments, don’t worry about me.” Himchan looked at Youngjae with his arms folded, he knew he shouldn’t be so worried for his adorable, smart friend but he couldn’t help but feel a little worried for him.

 

“What if this year it wouldn’t be just that guy who would want to mess with Squishy JaeJae?"

 

“Okay okay, I won’t get so worried about you.” Himchan mumbled and suddenly pointed a finger at Youngjae. The younger blinked at the finger, wondering what Himchan was trying to do to him.

 

“If that Seokjin guy comes around and tease you, you have to come to me alright?” Himchan’s eyes widened, staring intensely at Youngjae while wiggling his finger at him.

 

“You have to tell me whoever is bothering you okay?”

 

“Okay”

 

“Promise to tell me? You can’t lie about it or keep it to yourself, understand?”

 

“Yes hyung”

 

“Promise?”

 

“Promise!”

 

“Will you keep it?”

 

“Hyung, you know I will keep my promises!”

 

“Alright, you said so Squishy JaeJae”Youngjae chuckled softly, nodding at the elder. Himchan smiled triumphantly, glad that he was able to take care of his friend if he needed help.

 

Youngjae raised an eyebrow at Himchan with a small smile.

 

“Aish hyung…”

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

“Well, you have finished your promotions, isn’t that so? So, what would you all do now? Finally getting a break or perhaps planning another comeback?”

 

The famous host sat in his seat, staring at the hottest new boy band smiling at him. He anticipated the answer, blinking as one of the members passed the microphone to the muscular, gummy-smiling leader of the group. The host knew him as the member with the pretty gums and the one who had a deep voice and charisma-The leader, Bang Yongguk.

 

“Ah, yes” He spoke, smiling at the host.

 

“We have finished our promotions of “No Mercy” and we would be focusing on another comeback but-“Yongguk paused, looking at his three other members before looking at the host.

 

“But, we would be having a mini break before that. So please wait patient for us!”

 

The host laughed, clapping for the group who bowed politely to the camera. He smiled, waiting patiently for Yongguk to start their powerful greeting.

 

“1, 2, 3, this was B.A.P! We will work hard, yes sir!”

 

“Ah that was their greeting, yes sir ah” The host saluted at them, earning soft chuckles from all of them, with an exception of the one who sat beside the smiling leader. He noticed the handsome man who just smiled plainly at him before wiping the smile away quickly, replacing it with a solemn smile. He knew the man as the visual and the lead vocalist of the group, the one who had that ‘prince’ feeling yet he doesn’t seem to friendly and nice at all. He looked rigid, he wasn’t smiling or looked happy to be interviewed by him. The host couldn’t read his facial expression-having on his straight face with his lifeless eyes.

 

The host knew without a doubt, Daehyun was very handsome, with being called ‘Busan Wonbin’ by s. However, he preferred talking to Yongguk who was known to being shy and friendly than Daehyun who looked arrogant and unfriendly. He turned his attention to Yongguk, looking at his queue card before asking him a question.

 

“So, a mini break? But, there are news and rumours going around about all of you going to transfer into a public school, together as a group... Is that true?” Yongguk stiffened, glancing at the so called Busan Wonbin beside him. Daehyun merely looked at Yongguk with his expressionless face and Yongguk sighed before turning to the host with a small smile.

 

“Yes, we are indeed transferring into a school together”

 

“Oh, so you guys are going to school together?” The host asked, surprised by the answer.

 

“That’s right”

 

“So, could you tell us about the school you all are going to? The school name?” Yongguk looked at his manager who shook his head.

 

“I am not sure about the school yet but it is confirm we are going to study in a school together”

 

“Ah I see... So there we have it, the hottest boy band” The host paused as the camera went to B.A.P.

 

“This was B.A.P! We will work hard! Yes sir!”

 

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

 

“Jongup, Zelo…” Yongguk called out his two members who were playing with their Ipads on the couch. The two turned to the eldest member, smiling brightly at him.

 

“Yes hyung!”

 

“Ah, there you guys are” Yongguk looked around their dormitory before taking a seat next to the two. He sighed, pulling out his phone and checked for any new text messages or any missed phone calls. He placed his phone back into his pocket and looked around again- the lead vocalist of the group was nowhere to be seen.

 

“Jongup, Zelo?”

 

“Yeah hyung?”

 

“Have you seen Daehyun around?” The two shook their heads at Yongguk, before looking at each other.

 

“Well…” Jongup turned to Yongguk with a smile. “Daehyun hyung told us he wanted to be alone or something like that…. But he told us he would be back soon before 5”

 

“Yep yep!” Zelo nodded, looking at Jongup.

 

“Did he tell you where he was going?”

 

“No” Zelo and Jongup replied before going back to their game. Yongguk frowned.

 

Where could have Daehyun gone to?

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

“Ah”

 

 The Busan Wonbin sat down on the bench, leaning back in his seat as he watched the people who passed by him. He smiled, liking how they weren’t screaming and shouting at him or looking at his every move. He enjoyed the peace and quiet, he liked being in the park watching people around him. He made sure he wasn’t recognizable-he had on nerdy square-framed spectacles, a black cap and had worn casual clothes underneath his long brown coat. He was confident of his disguise- since he wasn’t recognised by anyone yet.

 

“Going to school would be hard right?” He thought to himself, shoving his hands into his pockets.

 

He always liked to be alone, he liked going to quiet places away from everyone. He sighed to himself, remembering how Yongguk told him about trying to smile more and relax. He shook his head, he couldn’t smile so brightly when the camera was on him. He didn’t feel a need to, expect when he was on stage singing his heart and soul out.

 

.t was hard to trust people, to know whether they are really sincere if they gave a compliment or had a motive behind their smiling faces.

 

“Especially when you are famous, the students would be wanting to cling and stick onto you…” Daehyun murmured to himself, looking at the playground filled with children. “They shouldn’t have tell the public we were transferring into a school…”

 

He was against the idea of going to school, knowing well that being a famous idol meant that you are popular in the school. He preferred if no one knew they were B.A.P and went to school, it wold be easier to be along like that.

 

“I was supposed to meet my brother here….” Daehyun tilted his head, smiling at the children running around and playing with each other. He spotted a child who was laughing loudly as he played the swing alone happily. He stifled a chuckle, watching him from afar as he swang himself higher.

 

“ T-Taehyung!”

 

Daehyun stood up from his seat, watching the boy falling down from the swing. He ran towards him, bumping into people along the way and paused when he saw two older boys pushed their way through the crowd and rushed to his brother.  His eyes fell onto the older bespectacled one who was the first one to reach the boy. He moved closer to them, blinking at his brother who was crying and two older boys who was trying to help him.

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

At the other side of the playground

Himchan was headlocking Youngjae, his other hand holding onto Youngjae’s mathematics book while Youngjae puffed his cheeks, trying desperately to get his book back. They didn’t noticed the looks people around him were giving them and shook their head seeing these two fighting.

 

“Hyung!”

 

“Yah, yah, stop studying-“

 

“I wasn’t studying, I was reading my book-“

 

“Then stop reading and talk to me!”

 

“Himchan hyung, if you need attention, go to playground and play with those children or look at the flowers”

 

“Oh, you want to play with them, let’s go!”

 

“No no no no, not me, you hyung! I prefer to watch them play happily without any teenagers interrupting their ‘happy time’ or maybe a very naggy blonde going up to them to give them a lecture on making friends”

 

“Hahaha, very funny, now let’s go”

 

“You can’t be serious right hyung?”

 

“Well, it’s your idea”

 

“Hyung! I didn’t mean to-“

 

 “Ow!” Himchan and Youngjae blinked at the young boy who was crying in pain, holding onto his knee as the other children in the playground surrounded him.

 

“Oh oh! H-He’s crying hyung!”Youngjae gasped.

 

“Ah! A precious child crying!” Himchan looked at Youngjae. “B-But, I don’t have any bandages to help him…aww man…”

 

“Oh, no no! Ah, what to do, ah” Youngjae panicked, looking around at the bystanders who did nothing but watched the poor child crying his hearts out. He frowned at them and at Himchan who looked worried for the child.

 

“Don’t worry oh sweet child! Youngjae hyung will make you feel better!” Himchan blinked at Youngjae who rushed to the boy and followed after him.

 

“Yah! Himchan hyung too!!”

 

 Youngjae kneeled down next to the boy, smiling at the crying boy before whispering to him.

 

“There there, I am here to help you okay? Now, you injured your knee right?”

 

“Owww, huhuhu… o-ouh?” The crying boy stopped sobbing, rubbing his eyes as Youngjae pulled out his trusty handkerchief he kept in his bag and gently dabbed the cloth onto the child’s wound.

 

“D-Does it hurt? W-Where are your parents?” The child nodded at Youngjae.

 

“Hmm, it hurts..” The boy looked at the blood oozing out from his wound. “My mother and father are at home… I-I came here alone…”

 

“It’s okay, it’s okay, hyung is here to help you” Youngjae turned to Himchan who sat next to him, watching him attend to the child. “Do you have a waterbottle?”

 

“Huh? Waterbottle?” Himchan shook his head. “I bought a bottle of coke for my sister, aish, I should have bought coffee-“

 

“Yah, why are you thinking about buying coffee at the time like this?!”

 

“Psh, I am thirsty and I like coffee, duh”

 

“Himchan hyung!”

 

“Squishy JaeJae~”

 

“Psh! I think I bought my waterbottle” Youngjae turned away from Himchan and searched his bag, smiling when he pulled out his small blue waterbottle. The child covered his mouth, he couldn’t stop smiling at the two older boys trying to help him.

 

“Haha! I got it!” Youngjae smiled and frowned at Himchan. “I shouldn’t have ask you-“

 

“Well you did ask me”

 

“Sorry hyung, I didn’t know I have it”

 

“Well you did, you should have checked your bag before asking me”

 

“W-What? Okay I am sorry hyung”

 

“Sorry for?”

 

“For asking you a question?”

 

“That’s right peasant, now bow down to me”

 

“Oh no no no, me a peasant? “

 

“Of course!”

 

“If I am a peasant, you should be one too hyung! – Wait, hyung, I am trying to help this boy here!”

 

“So what peasant? Quickly help this boy and bow down to me!”

 

“Hehehe!”The child laughed and clapped his hands loudly at Youngjae and Himchan. They stared at the boy, wondering what made him laugh.

 

“Yah, Yah, why are you laughing?” Himchan stood up and put his hands on his hips, glaring at the children who dare to laugh at him.

No one laughs at Kim Him Chan.

 

‘Hyung is funny!”

 

“Huh?” Youngjae frowned, wetting his handkerchief before whispering to the boy to stand the pain of having the wet cloth pressed against his wound.

 

“It’s like watching a funny show! This hyung is the princess who is a diva” The boy pointed at Himchan before pointing at Youngjae who was dabbing the now wet cloth on his knee” And this hyung is the poor cute princess who had to stand the diva!”

 

“Hey, what makes you think we are princesses?! I am our hyung you know” Himchan folded his arms and glared at the child.

 

“But hyung look too pretty to be a man” The injured boy looked innocently at Youngjae with a small smile.

 

“W-What?!” Himchan lifted an eyebrow, watching the boy looking at Youngjae carefully. Youngjae just patted his head as the boy giggled at him before continuing to clean his wound.

 

“So, hyung is a princess! “

 

“What about us being princes? Isn’t that better?” Himchan rebuked, watching the smiling child shaking his head at them.

 

“No, you two are not like my brother. My brother is known to be a prince by many girls!”

 

“Psh, you-“

 

“Ah, hyung do you have a band aid?” The oblivious Youngjae interrupted them, rubbing his head when Himchan smacked him.

 

“Owww… hyung, I was just asking-“

 

“Do I look like a first aid kit to you my squishy JaeJae?” Himchan ruffled Youngjae’s hair. “And don’t interrupt me, I am trying to win this argument here-“

 

“Himchan hyung, he’s younger than us-“

 

“I am not going to lose to him!”

 

“But Himchan hyung-,”

 

“Shh peasant-“

 

“Hyung is a princess!” The child spoke loudly, pointing at the blonde who turned to him. “Hyung is nice and kind!”

 

“No I am not yah..” Himchan sighed and ended up smiling at the child who was grinning at them. He couldn’t stay mad at this precious child. “Okay okay, you win”

 

“See, hyung is not mean or unfriendly to strangers like my brother who is a prince. So, hyung has to be a princess!” The child clapped his hands before looking up at Youngjae with his wide puppy eyes.

 

“But I like this hyung more” Youngjae blinked innocently at him as the child wrapped his arms around his waist, hugging him tightly. He smiled awkwardly at Himchan before returning the hug.

 

“Do you feel alright now?” The boy nodded enthusiastically at Youngjae and stood up careful with Youngjae’s help. Youngjae had wrapped his handkerchief around the wound, making sure it was tight and secure enough to stop the wound.

 

“Hmm, thank you princess hyung!” Youngjae smiled brightly at him, he let the boy called him what he want to- He was glad to see the boy so happy and grinning at them.

 

“Are you sure you are okay? Are you going to…” Youngjae pointed to the playground. “Play again?”

 

“Hmm not any more..” The boy pouted before smiling brightly at the two elder boys. “ I am supposed to meet my brother here! Hmm, I think he is busy today….I can’t see him at all…”

 

“Aww” Himchan frowned, looking around before smiling at the boy. “So what are you going to do now?”

 

“I have to go home then….”

 

“Are you sure you can go home by yourself?” Himchan and Youngjae asked in unison, watching the boy nodding at them.

 

“Hyung don’t worry, I can still walk! Hopefully I see my brother along the way… Thank you princess hyung!” The boy wrapped his arms around Himchan and Youngjae tightly before giving them a hug. He then went closer to Youngjae and gave him a last big hug before pulling away with his precious smile. Youngjae chuckled softly, patting the adorable boy‘s head before bending down to his height.

 

“Be sure to be careful okay?”

 

“Okay hyung” The boy waved happily at them, slowly going over to the bench to get his bag.

 

“Ah, I can-“

 

“It’s okay princess hyung” The boy smiled at Youngjae with his bag slung over his right shoulder. “I really hope I can meet you again! Bye!”

 

“Bye” Youngjae and Himchan waved him off, looking at the boy limping away from them.

 

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Daehyun stood there, finding himself grinning like a fool watching the two trying to help the injured child. He watched them waved at the boy and slowly walked closer to the two students who helped his brother. He was about to follow his brother but he stayed to look at the two students who helped his brother, smiling faintly when he saw Himchan whacking Youngjae’s head.

 

“Hyung, should we follow him? I am afraid he would fall again”

 

“Me too… but I need coffee”

 

“Hyung!”

 

“Yah, it’s your fault we are called princesses by that kid, we went to help him because of you…”

 

“Hyung, but he was injured right? And no one bothered to help so…”

 

“So you helped him.”

 

“He was a child ,hyung, he was injured! He needs help!...” Youngjae pursed his lips at Himchan. “Y-you know that I can’t just leave someone who needs help alone like that…”

 

“Aish, my caring, too cute for his own good princess and best friend named Squishy JaeJae…” Himchan sighed and patted his head. Youngjae raised an eyebrow at him, why must he called him his ‘nickname’.

 

“I know but you should know I will be looking out for you”

 

“Yes umma” Youngjae answered politely, looking at his best friend.

 

“Hmm, princess sounded better….calling you peasant too....” The younger blinked at Himchan who looked at him with wide eyes.

 

“What did you say hyung!?”

 

“N-Nothing, i-it slipped out!”

 

“Hyung!-

 

“Let’s go!” Himchan dragged Youngjae away. “ We have homework to do right?”

 

“Since when did you care about homework hyung!'

 

"Since just now, come on, let's go!"

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

 

 

“Those two…” Daehyun squinted his eyes, looking at the school logo on the left side of their school shirt.

 

“TS High School?”

 

Daehyun watched them walk away from the playground- his eyes following the black-haired boy who was smiling so prettily from a far. He removed his glasses, grinning to himself as he stared at the precious boy with the cute cheeks who helped the child and his ‘talkative’ friend.

 

"Taehyung was right" He looked away once they were out of sight." That guy...."

 

He smiled to himself before running after his brother who was limping at the opposite direction. Daehyun tapped his shoulder, waving his hand at him when his brother turned around and gasped.

 

“Hey Taehyungie”

 

“Hyung! Hyung is not busy?”

 

“What happened to your knee?” Daehyun avoided the question.

 

“Yah hyung…., I fell…” Taehyun pursed his lips at him. “Where were you?”

 

“Sorry, hyung got caught up, are you okay?”

 

“Yes hyung, I am fine, don’t worry” Taehyung looked into Daehyun’s worried eyes.

 

“So, hyung can see umma and appa” Daehyun sighed, shaking his head slowly before hugging his brother who looked like he wanted to cry.

 

“I can’t, you know that… come, let’s go eat. I treat you”

 

“Yay!” Taehyung cheered, hugging his brother tightly.

 

“I want ramen!”

 

“Okay, okay, let’s go”

 

“Yay! I love hyung” Daehyun smiled, gulping when he realised he had to be back in the dorm soon. He sighed.

 

“Yongguk hyung would understand…. This would be my last chance of seeing my brother, when we start schooling..”

 

 He thought as he smiled at his brother.

 

“I would be too busy to spend time with him…”

 

 

“But I wonder…. the one who helped my brother...”He spoke softly  to himself, thinking about the incident earlier and looked at his brother.

 

” Just who are you......." He chuckled to himself.

 

"My cute princess”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

hello i though i should write a chapter here first  before i continue my other fics;-;

hope you liked it so far^^!!!

thank you for readingXD