Oh Sehun the Wise Man

100 Days With Luhan

“How?” Yifan was left looking dumbfounded at Luhan’s retreating figure. “I just don’t understand how!”

Lunch time started out normally for Oh Sehun. He enjoyed the quietness of their table as he sat with his friends, but the inner peace he so desperately wanted was snatched away from him the moment Luhan came over and handed Sehun one of his personal favotire drinks: Bubble Tea. It was a token from the doe eyed boy because Sehun accepted his dinner invitation. But Sehun insisted that Luhan didn’t have to buy him a drink because he was happy to have visited. However, Sehun came to realize that Luhan wasn’t one to back down, so he decided to accept the drink instead.

“What are you babbling about?” Sehun asked Yifan calmly as he took a sip from his drink.

“Luhan!” Yifan exclaimed in exasperation. “He invited you into their house for crying out loud! And he gave you Bubble Tea! How’d you do it?”

Sehun shrugged and placed his drink on the table. “His parents said they wanted to meet me, since I did a great job with the cupcakes and all. They thought it was sweet of me to bake for their son.” He grinned proudly.

“Hey, I helped you make those! Why wasn’t I invited?” Jongin complained with a pout.

“Maybe because you were too busy with your tutor.” Sehun replied smugly.

Jongin’s eyes widened considerably as he motioned for Sehun to quiet down.

“Tutor?” Chanyeol looked up from his burger. “Since when did you get a tutor?”

“Since he realized how cute the tutor was.” Sehun smirked at his best friend’s panicked expression.

“Aish, Sehun, you are such a joker.” Jongin forcefully patted Sehun on the back, causing the younger male to dive forward. “I’m kind of failing math, you see. So I got a tutor.”

Thankfully for Jongin, Yifan cut off whatever Chanyeol was about to say.

“I hope you choke on your Bubble Tea.” Yifan bitterly spat, snarling at Sehun.

Sehun taunted him by taking another long sip. He grinned once his drink was finished. “Bubble Tea really makes me happy, especially when it’s from Luhan.”

Kris scowled at him. “Well you better enjoy it while it lasts, because you aren’t getting anymore from him when the bet is over.”

That sentence was enough to cause a bubble of emotions burst inside of Sehun. He felt his stomach turn and suddenly he wasn’t feeling so good.

“Yah, you alright, Sehun?” Chanyeol asked, leaning in towards the younger man.

“I’m fine.” Sehun replied, refusing to meet his friend’s intense gazes. “I think I need to go to the library.”

Going to the library wasn’t such a bright idea. Sehun realized that when he passed by the music room and heard Fur Elise being played on the piano. With his curiosity getting the best of him, he decided to peek inside the dimly lit room.

Of course, sitting in front of the grand piano was none other than the pink haired boy Oh Sehun was so desperate to avoid, yet can’t help but looking for.

Luhan’s gaze was fixated on the white piano keys, his fingers skillfully hitting all the right notes in the right amount of speed. For Sehun, Luhan looked the happiest when he played the piano. The small smile on Luhan’s lips was proof of that, and it was enough to make Sehun’s heartbeat quicken.

“Ah, Sehunnie!” Luhan called out, the bright smile stretching on his lips.

Sehun froze. He didn’t even realize that Luhan had already stopped playing.

“How long have you been standing there?” Luhan continued. “Sorry you had to hear me play horribly. I can’t quite memorize the entire piece yet.”

“No,” Sehun said a little too quickly and a little too loudly. “It was perfect.”

Luhan’s lips twitched slightly, almost as if he was holding back a smile. “You’re just saying that because you feel sorry for me.”

“You’re being humble.” Sehun chuckled as he approached the pink haired boy.

Luhan adjusted his yellow glasses and looked down at his feet. “My parents tell me that too.”

“Then maybe you should listen to them and admit to yourself that you play the piano beautifully.”

The small pink tint on Luhan’s cheeks didn’t go unnoticed by Sehun. In fact, every single detail Luhan did never went unnoticed by Sehun. As creepy as it may sound, the younger male found it cute how Luhan would bite his lip whenever he’s nervous, or how he would constantly adjust his glasses and look down when someone compliments him. His pink hair framed his face perfectly too. It made his lips stand out.

Instinctively, Sehun approached the shy boy and lifted his chin so he could look him directly in the eye. “You shouldn’t care about what other people think. As long as you’re happy, that’s all that matters.”

Luhan’s eyes twinkled as he smiled, making Sehun’s heart skip a beat. “So it’s perfectly fine to wear this hat to school then?” Luhan lifted up his cap with the lazy eyes printed on it. He firmly placed it on his head. “I have Math next, so I think it will fit the ambiance perfectly!”

Sehun let out a chuckle. “You’ll only make the class more boring when people look at your hat.”

“Well, you did say I shouldn’t care about what they think, right?”

Sehun grinned. “That I did.”

 

Sehun couldn’t sleep that night. After his little encounter with Luhan in the music room, he felt strongly that he should come clean. He would no longer prolong the agony, because the thought of Luhan being angry at him didn’t sit well with Sehun.

Sehun chuckled to himself lightly. What was he doing, really? A few weeks ago, Luhan meant nothing to him. What changed? He figured he envied Luhan’s optimism at first, and it is what attracted Sehun to the doe eyed boy. He wanted to know how a person could be so happy all the time. And then the feeling of envy turned into admiration when, despite how his peers acted towards him, Luhan still had that stupid smile etched on his face. Now, all Sehun felt was fondness. It seemed like as the days turned into weeks, all Sehun wanted was to find an excuse to be with Luhan without his friends blowing things out of proportion. It was to win the bet, he said. Although Jongin never believed him. It was why they were best friends, afterall. Jongin could see through Sehun’s façade, and Sehun hated him for it.

“What am I going to do with you?” Sehun sighed as he stared at his ceiling.

Make me more cupcakes. They make me happy.

Sehun shook his head vigorously when he started to imagine Luhan’s soft voice and light laugh. He scoffed at his wild imagination. “Great, now I’m hearing his voice. I must be going crazy.”