Luhan Comes Out

100 Days With Luhan

Author's Note: HIIIIYAAAA! Here's a new chapter for all you lovely readers :) Sorry letting you guys wait so long. Again, many thanks to everyone who voted, subscribed and commented. You guys are seriously the best :D

“Sehun, please, help me!”

“No.”

“Please?”

“No.”

“Oh come on! Won’t you at least consider it?”

“Why would I do that?”

“Because,” Jongin took a deep breath. “I am your ing best friend! Does my happiness mean nothing to you?”

Sehun finally looked up from his meal to glare at Jongin. “You’re really making me lose my appetite, hyung.”

Jongin frowned. “Then just say yes and I promise I’ll shut up!”

Sehun put down his fork and looked directly into Jongin’s eyes. “If I help you get together with Kyunsoo with the help of Luhan… what’s in it for me?”

“Uh… I’ll be forever grateful to you?” Jongin guessed, laughing sheepishly.

Sehun stared at him blankly. “Just be thankful you’re my best friend.”

Jongin broke into a huge grin as he stood up from his seat to envelop Sehun in a tight embrace. “THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!”

“Ew, get off of me!” Sehun wrinkled his nose in disgust as he shoved Jongin off him. “Save your hugs for Kyungsoo, damn it.”

“Oh, I will.” Jongin wiggled his eyebrows suggestively.

“You disgust me.” Sehun shook his head.

“Yeah, but you can’t live without me.” Jongin said with a confident smirk.

Sehun stayed silent, choosing to concentrate on his meal instead of his giddy best friend. He couldn’t understand why Jongin was so worked up over a guy he didn’t even know. Well, he knew of Kyungsoo, but he hasn’t really spoken to him at all. What if Kyungsoo isn’t the person Jongin imagined him to be? He’s friends with Luhan, so there’s bound to be something weird about him.

Stop it, Sehun. Give the guy a break. Sehun inwardly scolded himself.

“So… how are things with Luhan going?” Jongin suddenly questioned, taking in a mouthful of sandwich. “Any progress?”

Sehun fought the urge to reprimand Jongin about his table manners. “I haven’t really talked to him yet, ever since the game.”

Jongin gaped at him. “You aren’t even trying!”

“Of course I am! It’s not my fault he’s so hard to find in this huge school.” Sehun said in his defense.

“What do you mean he’s hard to find? The guy has a head full of pink hair for crying out loud. He isn’t that hard to miss.” Jongin chuckled. “Plus, he has a loud mouth, so just go over to where the ruckus is.”

Sehun narrowed his eyes, crossing his arms across his chest. “It isn’t that easy.”

“Do you want to back out from the bet?” Jongin suddenly asked, a light smirk playing on his lips.

“What? NO!” Sehun slammed his fist on the table. “Oh Sehun never backs down from a bet!”

“Huh, and here I thought you were starting to feel sorry for tricking the poor boy into thinking you actually like hanging out with him.” Jongin gave him a look of amusement.

“I do not like hanging out with him.” Liar. Sehun buried that thought deep inside his head. “He’s a nuisance and I just want to finish this stupid bet and be done with him, for good.” Ouch, Sehun. That wasn’t very nice.

“Now, as your best friend, I must say that’s a bit harsh.” Jongin furrowed his eyebrows. “Just go easy on him.”

“I can’t promise that.” Sehun sighed, suddenly losing his appetite.

“Are you going to eat that?”

 

Sehun didn’t understand his feelings. He was pretty sure he didn’t like Luhan. He didn’t completely hate the guy, but he wasn’t particularly fond of him either.  At least, that’s what he told himself and Jongin repeatedly. But why is it that when he’s face to face with the doe eyed boy, he can’t help but feel a little twist in his stomach?

“Sehunnie~!” Luhan beamed as soon as Sehun appeared in front of him.

Sehun blushed at Luhan’s nickname for him. Although he’d never admit it, he found the nickname kind of cute, the way Luhan said it.

He kicked the imaginary dirt on the floor, trying to avoid making eye contact with the doe eyed boy.

“Uh, hi.” Sehun awkwardly responded.

Luhan giggled, and Sehun turned to look at him strangely. “I never thought I’d see you here, of all places.”

Luhan was right. Sehun would never step foot inside the school library. But, he heard from a little birdy that this was Luhan’s hangout, so here he was.

“I’m sorry,” Luhan let out another fit of giggles. Why does he giggle so much? “I’ve always imagined someone like you would burst into flames the moment you step foot inside a library. It’s just so… unusual.”

“It’s not that strange.” Sehun pouted slightly.

“I know, you’re right, I’m sorry.” Luhan bit his bottom lip to keep himself from smiling. “So, what brings you here, Oh Sehun?”

Luhan turned around, absentmindedly running a hand across the books as he searched for one that caught his interest. Sehun stayed silent for a few seconds, contemplating on how to ask Luhan for his help.

“Uh, so you see…” Sehun rubbed the back of his neck nervously. “Your friend, Kyungsoo…”

“Do you like him?”

Sehun gawked at Luhan’s bluntness while Luhan continued to browse through the shelves.

“What? No, no. It’s not me. A friend of mine likes him.” Sehun responded quickly.

“Jongin,” Luhan decided, finally turning to face Sehun. “I knew I recognized that look.”

Sehun chuckled. “Yeah, he’s nuts for the boy.”

“And what do you think?” Luhan smiled hopefully.

“I uh…” Once again, Sehun found himself lost for words. “I think it’s funny, actually. Jongin being so… girly because of a guy.” WHAT?!

Luhan furrowed his eyebrows and pouted slightly. Sehun had to fight the urge to pinch his cheeks. “You think it’s funny for a guy to like another guy?”

Sehun’s eyes widened considerably. He waved both of his hands defensively. “No, no! Of course not.”

“Sehun…” Luhan bit his bottom lip, a habit of his whenever he’s nervous. “I’m gay too.”

Sehun gulped. He didn’t know why he suddenly felt so nervous. Luhan had that effect on him. Sehun tried to think of something to say. Something like ‘Oh that’s alright. There’s nothing wrong with being gay.’ Because really, there wasn’t. But the way Luhan stared at him made it so hard to speak.

“Does that make you uncomfortable?” Luhan cocked his head to one side, his fringe falling perfectly.

“N-no.” Sehun waved a hand in dismissal. “Of course not. I am with best friends with Jongin, after all.”

Luhan seemed to relax at this, and slowly, his smile returned. “Good, I don’t want to give you another reason to worry about when you’re with me.”

Sehun pursed his lips. What exactly did Luhan mean by that? Did he notice the way Sehun fretfully glanced around his surroundings whenever he talked to Luhan?

Might as well plaster ‘Biggest Jerk of the Year’ on my forehead. Sehun bitterly thought to himself.

“Hm, I think there’s hope for Jongin.” Luhan tapped his chin thoughtfully. “I’ll see what I can do about it.”

“Thanks,” Sehun smiled. “Now I can finally get Jongin off my back.”

“Just one thing though…” Luhan took a few steps towards Sehun, his smile suddenly dropping. His eyes narrowed ever so slightly, and Sehun was surprised Luhan could look this serious. “Tell Jongin to take good care of Kyungsoo. I get overly protective when my friends are involved.”

Sehun swallowed nervously. God, I sweat too much. “Y-yes, of course. I’ll make sure he gets the message.”

And with that, the grin on Luhan’s face was back. “Glad we’re on the same page.” He looked down at his Donald Duck watch and his face scrunched up. “Oh shoot, I’ve got to go!” And then he was gone.

Sehun was left standing in the middle of two gigantic bookshelves, his mind swirling with thoughts of the doe eyed boy who, in only a span of a few days, managed to bring out the emotions Sehun was very unfamiliar with.