Because I Miss You

100 Days With Luhan

Luhan let his fingers graze the piece of paper absentmindedly. He let his mind wander, his earlier conversation with his mother clouding his thoughts.

“I told you, ma. I never want to see him again.” Luhan said with a stubborn huff.

Mrs. Lu rolled her eyes. “Hannie, it’s not like you can avoid him completely. You still go to the same school as him.”

“Well, you and dad have always wanted me to be homeschooled, right? Can’t we do that now?”

“You can’t run away from all of your problems, Luhan.” Mrs. Lu started, taking a seat beside Luhan. “Does Sehun mean nothing to you?”

Luhan looked at her with an incredulous expression. “Of course he does! The reason I am hurting like this is because he means a lot to me.”

“Then, if he means that much to you, don’t you think he at least deserves an explanation as to why you’re avoiding him?”

“He knows why.”

“But doesn’t he deserve to hear it from you?”

Luhan scrunched his nose. “Why do I feel like you’re on his side?”

“You are my son, of course I’m on your side. But that doesn’t mean I will always agree with you.” Mrs. Lu sighed. She started Luhan’s back comfortingly. “I am not pressuring you, Luhan. I know you’ll do the right thing.

Luhan sighed and shook his head, hoping his thoughts of Sehun would disappear. He placed the orange paper on his nightstand and crawled back under his blanket. Slowly, his eyes blinked close, and he finally drifted off to sleep.

Tomorrow, he was going to confront Sehun.


Sehun was a bundle of nerves. He kept pacing around the confined area, causing Chanyeol to tense up as well.

“Dude, will you just calm down?” Chanyeol scowled, shooting a glare at Sehun. “You’re starting to make me feel nervous!”

“Sorry.” Sehun mumbled. He brought his thumb to his mouth and started chewing on his nails. “I’m really nervous.”

“I can tell.”

“What if he doesn’t like my plan?”

“He will. If I were him I’d be crawling back to you in a matter of seconds!”

Sehun scrunched his nose at Chanyeol. “Don’t do that.”

Chanyeol shrugged. “I’m just saying, Luhan hyung will have a hard time resisting you.”

“I hope so.” Sehun sighed. “God, my palms are sweaty.”

“Ew.”

“Sorry.” Sehun smiled at Chanyeol sheepishly. “And uh… thanks, by the way, for letting me do this.”

Chanyeol grinned. “Just try not to embarrass yourself. My dad needs his customers, so don’t scare them away.”

Sehun replied with a playful punch, earning an exaggerated groan from Chanyeol.


“Excuse me, pardon me,” Luhan dipped his head shyly as he weaved through the crowd, trying to secure a place in front of the wooden stage. Sehun had texted him to sit up front, so Luhan assumed the younger boy would be there. Luhan frowned when he spotted an empty seat with a piece of cardboard neatly placed on top of the table. It had his name on it. Luhan scanned the crowed once more, hoping to find a glimpse of platinum blonde hair. “Where are you, Oh Sehun?”

“Ehem,” a deep voice caught Luhan’s attention, and he was forced to look towards the stage. Chanyeol stood there with a wide grin plastered on his face. “Good evening everyone! I’m so glad you could make it tonight.” Luhan couldn’t help but feel like Chanyeol was talking to him directly. “Tonight’s going to be extra special. A friend of mine is going to start the event with a very heartfelt song. He isn’t really very good at singing, so try not to throw any food or water bottles at him. Hey, food’s expensive these days.” The crowd laughed, and Luhan also found himself smiling a little. Chanyeol continued, “Anyway, I won’t be taking too much of your time, so without further ado, here’s my friend, the awesome, the wonderful- but sometimes the biggest idiot in town- OH SEHUN!”

Luhan swallowed the lump in his throat. He felt his heart rate quicken as Sehun came into view. He was holding a guitar, a small, nervous smile plastered on his face. He sent a quick glare at Chanyeol before settling himself in front of the microphone. Chanyeol gave him two thumbs up before jogging off the stage.

“Good evening, everyone. My name is Oh Sehun.” Sehun swallowed. He let his gaze linger on the crowd until he spotted a familiar mop of pink hair. Sehun calmed down a little. “As my friend said, I am not a very good singer. I know you guys are probably thinking 'why the hell are you on stage then?' The answer is simple. You see, I have done something stupid. There's this person I care about... and I hurt him. I know no words can make up for what I've done to him, but here I am still hoping he'll at least give me a chance to apologize.” By this point, Sehun was staring directly into Luhan’s eyes. Luhan found it hard to avoid Sehun’s intense gaze. Sehun continued, “Luhan-ah, I am sorry. I hope that after this song, you can find it in your heart to forgive this fool... this fool who is hopelessly in love with you, but is too much of a coward to fully admit it... until now.”

Sehun closed his eyes and began strumming on his guitar. Luhan watched too many Korean dramas, so he was familiar with the song. It was one of his favorites: Because I Miss You by Jung Yong Hwa.

The moment Sehun started singing, Luhan was completely captivated. Sehun was right, he didn’t have a very nice voice, but Luhan didn’t mind. The way Sehun looked directly at him as he sang was enough for the icy wall around Luhan’s heart to melt. He was in love with Oh Sehun, and no amount of avoidance could change that fact. He could try to stray away from Sehun, but Luhan knew- he knew deep down that he wouldn’t be able to stay away for too long. Not now, not ever.

Mianhae mianhaeyo (I’m sorry, I’m sorry)
naemari deullinayo (Can you hear me?)
dwineujeun nae gobaegeul geudaen deureul su isseulkkayo (Will you be able to hear my late confession?)

saranghaeyo… (I love you)

By the time Sehun sang the last words to the song, Luhan’s eyes were glistening with fresh tears.


By the end of the song, Sehun's gaze was fixated on Luhan, and the older boy locked gazes with him. Sehun's heart was thumping wildly. He turned deaf to the cheering of the crowd, his attention solely focused on Luhan. He could feel his emotions clawing in his heart, and just as he thought he was about to explode from the pent up anxiety, Luhan smiled. Sehun could name all the beautiful things he has seen in his entire life with one hand, but none of them compared to Luhan's smile. He carefully laid his guitar down and let his feet guide him towards Luhan. He stopped a few feet away from the older male and found himself smiling back. Slowly, Luhan stood up from his seat and walked closer, until he was merely a few inches away from Sehun. Sehun's heart thumped wildly as Luhan wrapped his arms around Sehun's waist, burrying his face in Sehun's chest. Sehun s his arms around Luhan and kissed the top of his head. He could smell Luhan's strawberry scented shampoo and he felt himself smile wider. He could definitely get used to Luhan's scent, Luhan's prescence... just, everything about Luhan. Luhan made him feel contented.

"Luhannie," Sehun whispered. "Wo ai ni."

Hearing Sehun say those words in a language Luhan grew up with made him feel twice as warm on the inside.

Sehun felt Luhan's shoulders start to shake slightly, and he pulled back a little to sneak a peek at him.

Luhan was trying to stiffle a giggle. "You're an idiot, Oh Sehun."

"Yes, I am." Sehun answered. He pinched Luhan's cheeks. "But I'm your idiot."

"What do you mean?” Luhan blinked up at him innocently.

"Well," Sehun cleared his throat, his signature poker face making its appearance. "I just poured my heart out in front of hundreds of people, so I think I deserve to call you mine."

"Aish." Luhan rolled his eyes and smacked Sehun's chest. "I never said I forgave you yet."

Sehun choked on his spit, but then he regained his composure. He looked at Luhan straight in the eye and said, "Well I hope this one will seal the deal." And then he kissed Luhan. It was a simple, chaste kiss, but to the both of them, it meant the whole world.

"So, am I forgiven?" Sehun grinned when he pulled back. He could feel his heart beating wildly and he was thankful Luhan's head was down, so he couldn't see Sehun's reddened cheeks.

"You are so stupid." Luhan wrapped his arms around Sehun's waist again. "You're lucky I love you."

"Yes, I am." Sehun sighed contentedly. “And I love you too, Luhan. So much.”

Luhan buried his face in Sehun’s chest again and whispered, “Sehunnie, I think we have an audience.”

Sehun tilted his head in confusion. He looked away from Luhan and realized that everyone was staring at them. He almost forgot where he was. Sehun blushed madly and sent the crowd a sheepish smile. He was thoroughly surprised when they burst out in applause. A few wolf whistles were also heard.

“I think they liked your song.” Luhan giggled.

Sehun smirked at him as he tilted Luhan’s chin up. “I think they like your shoes better.”

Luhan blushed and smacked Sehun’s chest once again. He then looked down at his glowing shoes. “It was dark outside, so I wore these.”

Sehun laughed heartily. “Aish, you are so cute.”


“Yo, Sehun!” Yifan called out to the blonde haired male as soon as he rolled down the window to his new sports car. “Thanks for the ride, man.”

Sehun looked away from a chattering Luhan and smiled at his friend. “You’re welcome.”

Kris grinned and turned to Luhan. “You’ve got a winner there, Luhan hyung. Sehun’s the best.”

Luhan smiled back and squeezed Sehun’s hand gently. “I know.”

“Do you guys need a ride home? I sort of feel bad about taking your only means of transportation, Sehun.” Yifan rubbed the back of his neck.

Sehun shook his head. “No, thank you. Luhan and I prefer walking home.”

“Alright then, I guess I’ll be off.” He waved at the pair before gripping the steering wheel. “See you around!” And with that, Yifan sped off with the sports car that was once Sehun’s.

Once Yifan was out of sight, Luhan giggled. “You didn’t have to give him your sports car, you know. I thought you won the bet anyway?”

Sehun turned to him. “I did, but I didn’t want a constant reminder of my stupidity, so I gave it to him.”

“That was awfully nice of you.”

“Besides,” Sehun grinned mischievously. “My dad’s going to buy me the latest release anyway.”

“Aish,” Luhan rolled his eyes, but couldn’t hold back a smile. “Yifan’s going to throw a fit.”

“That’s what I’m counting on.”

Sehun leaned closer to Luhan and stole a quick kiss from the older male.

“I could get used to this.” Luhan sighed contentedly.

“You better, ‘cause you’re going to get a whole lot of it.” Sehun smirked.

“You’re going to spoil me, aren’t you?” Luhan laughed.

“Yes – for the rest of our lives.”

Author's Note: Aaaannnddd that, my friends, is the end of this story. I can't say I won't miss writing this because, well, I really had fun with this story. But fear not! This is not the end of HunHan. I will be continuing with my new HunHan story, "Hello, Ghost Boy". Here's the link for it, incase you were wondering - https://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/627486/hello-ghost-boy-luhan-sehun-hunhan

Plus, I also have a collection of HunHan drabbles up (Well it isn't really a collection yet coz I've only put up one story, but still) Here's the link to that as well - https://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/683348/a-day-with-hunhan-hunhan-drabbles-hunhan

Oh, and isn't Sehun in the gif up top so sweeeeeeet? I just really love the chemistry between Sehun and Luhan. They are sooo cute!

Anyway, to wrap everything up, I would like to thank each and everyone of you for reading, subscribing, commenting, and voting this story! I really really appreaciate it. Free cookies for everyone! Don't you just love cookies? :3 PEACE OUT!