Luhan, The Walking Lamppost

100 Days With Luhan

Author's Note: I am sooooo sorry for not updating for so long >_< I've just been busy with a lot of stuff these past few days. I'll try to update as often as I can ^_^ Thank you so much to everyone who subscribed, voted, and commented on this story! You guys are awesome~

Sehun couldn’t understand why. He racked his brain to the point of causing himself a headache just to figure out why Luhan found it necessary to wear a glow in the dark necklace on a very sunny day. He looked like a lamppost. A bright green lamppost. The strange boy was seated on the other end of the bleachers, waving his bright pink banner that had Minseok’s name on it. Sehun found himself unable to concentrate on the soccer game that was currently taking place. His eyes were glued on Luhan. He was a hundred percent certain Jongin would give him a good slap on the head once he finds out that Sehun ‘accidentally’ forgot to record the match, choosing to gawk at Luhan instead.

Sehun let out a long sigh before deciding to walk over to where Luhan was seated. Fortunately for him, there was an empty space beside Luhan. It didn’t come out as a surprise, since his peers normally steered away from the pink haired boy.

“Is this seat taken?”

Luhan stopped cheering as he beamed at Sehun. He glanced behind him for a moment before turning back to face Sehun. “Guess Kyungsoo can’t make it to the game. Please, sit.”

Sehun smiled inwardly, thinking that his plan is going smoothly. He cleared his throat and motioned towards the odd object around Luhan’s neck.

“Uh… nice necklace you got there.” Sehun started. “It uh… it’s really eye-catching. It’s nice.” No, it’s not.

“Thank you. Not a lot of people see it that way.” Luhan replied without tearing his gaze away from the intense game.

“Is it supposed to mean something? Did you wear it to support the team?” Sehun wasn’t familiar with the paraphernalia the fans brought to the games. He rarely came to these kinds of social gatherings.

Luhan giggled. “No, silly. The colors just make me happy.” Luhan’s mouth twitched into a frown for a split second. “I know it’s not the typical accessory people wear to school but… it’s fun to think outside the box, don’t you think?”

No. People will just find you weird. “Yeah, I suppose.” Sehun shrugged casually. He turned to face the game. “So, you’re here for Minseok?”

“Yep!” Luhan waved his banner. “Plus, I think soccer’s a really nice sport.”

“Do you play?”

Luhan shook his head, frowning slightly. “Not anymore.”

Sehun turned to Luhan, cocking his head to the side in a curious manner.

Luhan nervously bit his lip. “I can’t really play well when my feet start to hurt after a few rounds on the field.”

“You’re injured?” Sehun asked incredulously. It didn’t look like Luhan was injured.

“I sprained my ankle a few years ago.” Luhan explained. “I can walk properly now, but it still hurts if I walk or run too much.”

“Oh.” Sehun didn’t know what else to say after that.

“How about you?” Luhan asked, twisting his body to face Sehun. He neatly tucked away his banner for Minseok. “Do you play any sports?”

“Sure,” Sehun nodded slowly. “If you count the ones they have on Wii.”

Luhan roared in laughter, slapping Sehun’s shoulders instinctively. “You’re funny, Oh Sehun.”

“Thanks,” Sehun muttered, blushing slightly.

“You’re friends with Jongin, right?” Luhan asked. “He’s a really good player. Not as good as Minseok but… close enough.”

“You’re just saying that because you’re friends with Minseok.” Sehun teased.

“Maybe.” Luhan giggled.

Sehun never anticipated how easy it was to talk to Luhan. For the time being, as the pair watched the game together, Sehun actually felt like he was talking to someone he knew so well. However, he didn’t fail to notice all the strange glances his peers were sending the both of them. Someone from Sehun’s social circle shouldn’t be hanging out with someone like Luhan. Sehun was surprised at how easy it was for him to brush those thoughts off. For the first time since he started talking to Luhan, he actually didn’t mind getting caught hanging out with the school’s resident weirdo.

“Did you record it?” Jongin asked excitedly as he approached Sehun on the bleachers.

Sehun rubbed the back of his neck, chuckling nervously. “Yeah, about that…”

“I recorded it.” Luhan piped in.

Jongin looked at Luhan, eyes widening slightly. Then he glanced at Sehun with a raised eyebrow.

“I record all of your games. It makes me feel like I’m part of the game whenever I watch it back home.” Luhan grinned.

“Wait, how did you…?” Sehun began, but was promptly cut off by Luhan.

Luhan gestured to the brooch that was pinned on his shirt. Sehun couldn’t believe he missed that hideous thing on Luhan’s shirt.

“Hidden camera. It’s easier than holding a camcorder.” Luhan explained.

“Very impressive.” Jongin nodded. “Can I have a copy?”

“Sure,” Luhan replied with a shrug.

“Luhan!”

The trio snapped their heads towards the direction of the voice. A boy with large round eyes and neatly combed hair jogged towards them.

“I’m so sorry I’m late.” The boy bent down slightly as he rested his palms on his knees. He was panting heavily. “Jongdae needed more help on his essay and I-”

“It’s fine, Kyungsoo.” Luhan chuckled as he rubbed Kyungsoo’s back. “Sehun here’s a great soccer game buddy.”

Kyungsoo’s eyes widen, almost as if he just noticed the two other boys with Luhan. “Oh. Uh… that’s good.”

“Walk home with me?” Luhan asked as he grabbed Kyungsoo’s arm, forcing the boy to stand up straight.

“Sure.” Kyungsoo smiled.

Before dragging Kyungsoo off, Luhan turned to face the two boys who had quieted down. “See you guys around.” He then locked his gaze on Sehun. “Thank you for staying with me, Sehun. It must not have been easy with all those people staring.”

Sehun could only nod in response. He didn’t know why, but Luhan’s words made him feel slightly guilty.

People were judging him because he wears a glow in the dark necklace during a sunny day, because he dyed his hair pink, because he wears glasses half the size of his head, because he wears mismatched socks all the time, because he skips around school, because he’s always smiling and laughing… because he isn’t afraid of liking the things he likes. Sehun was starting to feel like he was the strange one, and not Luhan.

“Sehun…” Jongin tugged on the sleeves of Sehun’s shirt. “You’ve got to help me get together with him.”

Sehun felt his stomach twist. “Luhan?”

“No!” Jongin sighed exasperatedly. “Kyungsoo. He’s so cute!”

Sehun’s jaw dropped. “You’re such a girl, Jongin.”