Meet the Parents

100 Days With Luhan

Author's Note: Okay so um... don't kill me? :)) I am so sorry for not being able to update in so long. Hope you guys enjoy it! Also, I am going to try to update more often. I was just so busy these past few weeks so, there. I'm going to stop rambling now so you guys can read the update xD Again, thanks for subscribing, commenting and voting! 

“So… Luhan asked me to meet his parents tonight.” Sehun began with a nervous chuckle. He tugged on his collar, suddenly feeling extremely hot under his friends’ intense gazes.

“Well what do you know…” a grin slowly appeared on Chanyeol’s face as he roughly slapped Sehun on the shoulder. “Looks like you’ll lose the bet, Yifan!”

Yifan aimed an icy glare at Chanyeol. “Hey, it hasn’t been a hundred days yet. I have faith in Luhan’s sense of judgement.”

“Really?” Jongin raised an eyebrow and tilted his head to the side. “You have faith in the boy who wears mismatched shoes to school?”

Yifan paused and tapped his chin thoughtfully, before throwing his hands up in defeat. “I’m screwed!”

“Darn right you are.” Chanyeol said, waving a piece of carrot in Yifan’s face.

“Sehun, are you alright?” Jongin leaned in to whisper, ignoring Yifan and Chanyeol’s heated exchange. “You seem out of it.”

No, I am not alright. Sehun bitterly thought. Things between him and Luhan weren’t supposed to escalate like this so quickly. He was supposed to lure Luhan into falling in love with him, then leave him at that. Sehun was definitely not planning on feeling bad about it. So why does he feel like he’s about to puke out his guts all of a sudden?

“I have to tell him the truth, Jongin.” Sehun said with a determined expression. “It doesn’t feel right anymore.”

“Ah,” Jongin nodded as he leaned back on his chair. “Finally, your conscience has returned.”

Sehun grunted in annoyance. “Shut up.”

“Look, I agree with you. You might have a chance to salvage your blossoming relationship with Luhan the sooner you tell him the truth.”

“Blossoming?” Sehun wrinkled his nose at Jongin’s choice of words. “Really, Jongin?”

Jongin waved a finger in front of Sehun. “You, shut up. I’m trying to help you here.”

Sehun let out a long sight. “Yeah, you’re right. I’ll tell him tonight. If I’m lucky enough, he’ll still talk to me after.”

Sehun stopped in front of the pristine wooden door, silently debating with himself. Luhan had texted him the address to his home a few hours ago when Sehun declined his offer to pick him up. Sehun made sure he wore his best attire, not wanting to leave a bad impression on Luhan’s parents. And secretly, he also hoped that his looks will help boost his confidence when he tells Luhan the truth.

“Ah, Sehunnie!”

Sehun stared into Luhan’s bright eyes, wondering when he found the courage to knock on their door.

“Hey.” Sehun tried to sound as calm as possible, but his faltering expression told Luhan otherwise.

Luhan furrowed his eyebrows delicately. “Sehunnie, you don’t look so well.”

“Uh, I’m just a bit hungry, that’s all.” Came Sehun’s nervous response.

“Oh, well in that case, come on in! And make yourself at home.” Luhan opened the door wide enough for Sehun to enter.

Sehun was stunned by the interior of Luhan’s home. Everything looked classy, from the creamy white carpet to the slick black sofa, and even the paintings that hung on the walls of their living room looked expensive.

“Wow, Luhan, your home is… stunning.” Sehun gawked.

“Thanks, my mom’s an interior designer so…” Luhan chuckled as he rubbed the back of his neck.

“Well that explains a lot.” Sehun said with a small smile.

“I told them getting the black sofa was the best decision they were going to make.”

Luhan and Sehun’s conversation promptly ended when a tall woman with jet black hair- who Sehun assumed was Luhan’s mother- approached them. Sehun swallowed the lump forming in his throat and bowed courteously.

“Good evening,” Sehun straightened up. “Thank you for inviting me. Your home looks lovely.”

Sehun was taken aback when the woman laughed. “Oh Luhan, your friend here is so cute! I appreciate your politeness…”

“Sehun,” Luhan said, nudging the pale faced Sehun on the ribs. “Mom, this is Sehun, the schoolmate I’ve been telling you about.”

“Ah! Right, right. The one who baked you all of those tasty cupcakes.” Luhan’s mother beamed, opening her arms wide to give Sehun an embrace. Sehun tried his best to hide his flushed face. “Thank you for making those for my son, although I think his father and I enjoyed most of it. It was a nice gesture though. I was afraid Luhan here didn’t have any friends in school.”

“Mom,” Luhan whined cutely. “You’ve already met my friends.”

“Yes, yes.” Luhan’s mother waved him off. “But none of them are as cute as Sehun here!”

“Uh, thanks.” Sehun’s eyes were downcast as he let out an awkward chuckled.

“You know,” Luhan’s mother continued. “I was planning on scaring you when you got here. You know, being all uptight and everything.”

“Mom, you at acting.” Luhan deadpanned.

His mother gaped at him. “Well, I’ll have you know I was a member of the drama club back in the day.”

“Yes, dear, everyone knew you made a lovely tree.” A tall, stern looking man made his way towards the small group.

“Dear!” Luhan’s mother beamed, choosing to ignore her husband’s comment. “This is Sehun.”

“Good evening, sir.” Sehun bowed once more. He felt his stomach churn at the look Luhan’s father was giving him.

He looked at Sehun from top to bottom, which made Sehun feel highly uncomfortable.

“Sehun?” the elder man tapped his chin thoughtfully. “Ah! The boy who bakes cupcakes.”

“Daaaad,” Luhan groaned in annoyance. “I thought I told you guys not to embarrass me.”

Luhan’s mother chuckled as she placed her hand on Luhan’s shoulder. She looked at her husband and pretended to wipe the tears in her eyes. “Darling, look! Luhan’s afraid we’d embarrass him in front of his little crush. Our boy has grown up.”

Sehun felt himself blush at her words. He continued to avoid their stares.

“MOOOOM!” Luhan childishly whined. “Can you two act normal just this once?”

“Will you stop wearing your hideous purple socks?” his father piped in.

“No.” Luhan answered.

“Then you have your answer.”

As father and son continued their harmless banter, Sehun felt a small smile creep on his lips. He thought Luhan acting so childish was very cute. He could see where Luhan got some of his odd habits from. Luhan’s parents didn’t fit the stereotypical type, but that’s what made them more exciting. Maybe he could hold off telling Luhan the truth for just one more night.

They were only halfway done with their food, but Sehun knows he can no longer eat properly because he was laughing too hard. Presently, Luhan’s parents were telling him about the incidents their son has gotten too since a very young age, and if Sehun thought Luhan couldn’t be any more cuter, he was wrong.

“You just had to be there.” Luhan’s mother finished, wiping a stray tear from her eye. “Luhan couldn’t sleep alone in his room for days! He really thought his pink bunny slippers turned into a monster at night. All because of what Minseok said.”

“It’s not funny.” Luhan’s stuck out his bottom lip in a pout. “You weren’t there, you didn’t hear the things I heard!”

“Maybe the bunny monster wanted to be your friend, Luhan.” Sehun teased, which made Luhan frown.

“Go ahead, make fun at my expense.” Luhan wailed dramatically.

“Well, if it makes you feel any better…” Sehun turned his body so that he was facing Luhan. “When I was a kid, I hated going inside my closet. I always thought it was the mouth of a monster because all of the stuff I put in there kept disappearing mysteriously.”

“You did?” Luhan asked with wide eyes. “Why did they disappear then?”

“Because,” Sehun grinned widely. “My mom would hide them in the garage, thinking I didn’t want to play with my toys anymore. She thought I was turning my closet into a garbage bin for toys.”

“No way!” Luhan bit back a laugh. “That’s worse than my monster story.”

“It is not!” Sehun faked a frown. “You were just as bad.”

“Nu-uh.”

“Uh-huh.”

As the pair bickered at the dining table, they were unaware of the amused gazes of Luhan’s parents.

“Oh honey,” Luhan’s mother began with a shaky voice. “Our little Bambi’s growing up.”

Luhan’s father sighed. “He’s growing up a little too fast, if you ask me.”

“Oh shush you. You were just as bad when we were young. Remember how we would always find the smallest things to argue about?”

“Yes,” the man had a twinkle of mischief in his eyes. “And look where we ended up.”

“Thanks for inviting me over.” Sehun smiled genuinely at the doe eyed boy who was strangely avoiding his gaze.

“You’re welcome.” Luhan replied. He bit his bottom lip nervously as he stared up at Sehun. “And thank you for coming over, given the circumstance.”

Sehun tilted his head in confusion. “What do you mean?”

Luhan smiled. “It doesn’t matter. Just… thanks. For being my friend.”

What kind of a friend pretends to like someone just so he can win a bet?

Sehun suddenly felt sick. He still had to tell Luhan about the bet, but right now just wasn’t the time to do so.

Luhan, noticing Sehun’s face pale, quickly stood beside him. “Sehunnie, are you alright?”

“Yeah, yeah, I’m fine.” Sehun forced a smile. “Just tired, I suppose.”

“Are you sure you don’t want me to walk you home? Your house isn’t that far.”

“I’ll be fine, Luhan.” Sehun laughed and pinched Luhan’s cheek, something that caught both of them off guard. Sehun cleared his throat. “I’ll see you in school.”

“Yeah, see you.” Luhan timidly waved at Sehun, who turned his back to leave. “Take care, Sehunnie.”