Green Sleeves

100 Days With Luhan

Author's Note: Wohoo, I'm on a roll here! Again, thanks to everyone who voted, subscribed and commented on this story. I must say, I enjoyed writing this particular chapter quite a lot. Lol. Hope you guys enjoy reading it too :D

“Meet me at the library in ten minutes.” Luhan whispered in a serious tone, gently squeezing Sehun’s arm as he walked pass him.

Sehun quickly his heels, pulling Luhan back in the process. “Why?”

Luhan looked down to where Sehun’s hands rested before smiling at the blonde haired boy. “You asked me to help you, right? Kyungsoo will be there. Don’t forget to bring Jongin.”

Sehun furrowed his brows and dropped his hand. He gave Luhan a curt nod before turning his back on him. People were starting to stare and it was making Sehun uncomfortable.

“Yah, Jongin.” Sehun tapped Jongin on the shoulder, making his friend turn around. “I need to borrow a book from the library. Come with me?”

Jongin wrinkled his nose as he placed down his can of soda. “No way am I stepping foot inside that hell hole.”

Sehun sighed heavily before leaning in. “Kyungsoo’s there.”

In a matter of seconds, Jongin was up to his feet and marching right towards the cafeteria’s main door. Sehun shook his head in disbelief.

“Where are you guys going?” Yifan asked before Sehun could follow Jongin.

“Library.”

“Yah! Don’t leave me with this idiot!” Yifan called out, completely ignoring Chanyeol’s dumbfounded expression.

Sehun waved a hand, ignoring Yifan’s constant cries for help and Chanyeol’s yell of protests.

Sehun cursed under his breath when he could no longer find Jongin outside the cafeteria. “Fricking idiot didn’t even wait for me.”

Sehun shook his head and jogged towards the library, secretly hoping that Jongin would finally get off his back when he is introduced to Kyungsoo.

“Wow, you’re really good at this. I never knew Math could be so simple.” Sehun heard Jongin say as soon as he approached the pair.

He had to fight the urge to roll his eyes at his best friend’s failed attempt at flirting. Jongin never had a problem with math, in fact, if he put in enough effort, he could be as smart as Kyungsoo himself. Of course, Sehun knew perfectly well why Jongin was trying to act like a dummy.

Sehun cleared his throat and the pair looked up at him in an instant.

“Ah, Sehun!” Jongin forced a smile. Sehun raised an eyebrow at him as he warily approached the pair. Jongin hissed at him, “What took you so long?”

“You run like a ing cheetah, idiot. I think you’re forgetting not all of us runs for a living.” Sehun retorted in annoyance.

“Soccer is not just a running sport, .”

“Uh, should I leave you guys-”

“NO!” Sehun and Jongin simultaneously exclaimed, turning towards the bewildered looking Kyungsoo with a fierce expression.

“What’s going on here?” Luhan popped out from behind one of the bookshelves. He grinned and wildly waved at Sehun once his eyes landed on the blonde haired boy. “Ah, Sehunnie! You made it.” Luhan stopped and clasped a hand on his mouth in surprise. Kyungsoo was not supposed to know that Luhan knew they were coming to the library.

Sehun widened his eyes slightly. “Ah, yeah, about that book I was asking you about…” He quickly ran to Luhan’s side and grabbed his arm, dragging him away from the equally confused pair. Before they could completely disappear, Sehun glanced back. “I’ll see you in class, Jongin.”

Once they were out of the library, Luhan covered his bright red face, furiously shaking his head. “I am so, so sorry! They weren’t supposed to know we planned the whole thing. Now Kyungsoo’s going to notice and he might think Jongin’s a stalker and-”

“Luhan,” Sehun cut him off. He clasped Luhan’s hands and slowly removed it from his face. “It’s alright. Jongin knows what he’s doing.”

Luhan bit his lower lip, still refusing to meet Sehun’s eyes. Sehun found himself resisting the urge to cup the frail boy’s cheeks in his hands and tell him it’s not his fault. But Sehun had a talent of controlling his emotions, so he settled with fidgeting uncomfortably with the hem of his shirt.

“Thanks, by the way.” Sehun managed to blurt out after a few seconds of awkward silence. “For helping Jongin.”

Luhan smiled. “I’m happy to help.”

Happy to help. “Why did you, anyway? When I asked for your help the other day, why did you agree?” Sehun found himself asking.

Luhan shrugged his shoulders. “Why not? Isn’t it normal for a person to help out a schoolmate every once in a while?”

“Well…” Sehun, at that moment, realized that Luhan had another talent: leaving Sehun speechless.

“Wait, what time is it?” Luhan’s hand suddenly shot up to grab Sehun’s wrist.

“Uh, 12:30.” Sehun replied after glancing at his watch.

“Shoot! I’ve got to go.” Luhan panicked. He made a move to run towards the end of the hallway, but turned to face Sehun before completely disappearing. “I’ll see you when I see you!”

Yes, Sehun was definitely going to see Luhan again. How could he not, when the pink haired boy’s current wardrobe consisted of a bright, multi-colored sweater? How could he miss that?

As Sehun was about to leave, a crunching sound caught his attention. He looked down and saw a few pieces of paper scattered on the floor. It must have fallen out of Luhan’s backpack when he ran off. He kneeled down and grabbed one piece of paper. Luhan’s name was written on top of it.

“Clumsy idiot.” Sehun chuckled to himself.

He looked at what was written on the paper. Notes. It was a music sheet, Sehun concluded.

Wait, Luhan plays an instrument?

Sehun figured the sheets must be pretty important to Luhan, so he decided to follow the doe eyed boy to return his materials. If Sehun guessed right, Luhan was on his way to the music room.

It wasn’t that far from the library. He only had to turn one corner and viola! Here he was. Sehun adjusted his polo shirt before grabbing onto the door knob. He twisted it slightly but something prevented him from opening the door completely.

“YOU LOST YOUR MUSIC SHEETS?! DAMN IT, LUHAN!” The booming voice caught Sehun off guard. A loud snap made him peer inside the dark room. In the middle of the room, Sehun could make out Luhan’s slumped down figure. His shoulders were shaking violently as a balding man stood in front of him, a ruler in hand.

“I’m sorry, sir.” Came Luhan’s soft voice.

“You’re a disappointment, a disgrace!” the elder man continued to yell. “You say you want to learn how to play the piano and yet the simple act of losing your music sheets tells me otherwise!”

“I’ll find them, sir.” Luhan’s voice cracked slightly.

Sehun never felt so helpless in his life. Seeing Luhan breaking down was not something Sehun wanted to witness.

“We’re done for today.” The music teacher barked as he trudged towards the door.

Sehun gulped and stepped aside, praying that the angry professor did not see him. He sighed in relief once the old man walked pass him. He ran a hand through his disheveled blonde hair as he contemplated his next move.

“Oh it.” Sehun said under his breath as he pushed the door to the music room open. His expression faltered upon seeing Luhan sitting down in a fetal position, pulling his knees closer to his chest. Sehun swallowed hard before speaking. “Luhan?”

Luhan hastily wiped the tears off of his eyes and forced a grin. “Sehunnie! How long have you been standing there?”

“Long enough.” Sehun answered after a while.

“Oh,” By now, Luhan found the floor utterly interesting. He couldn’t bring himself to look at Sehun. “I’m sorry you had to hear that.”

Sehun said nothing in reply. He only pulled out a chair and sat in front of Luhan.

“He’s right though.” Luhan laughed hollowly. “Who am I to think that I can be as great as him?”

“Hey, don’t put yourself down.” Comforting Luhan was like instinct to Sehun. He chose to ignore the twist and turn his stomach did when he looked at a vulnerable Luhan.

“Why not? That’s what everyone does anyway.” Luhan bitterly spat. Sehun felt something tug on his heart. “Everyone says I’m not good enough, so why not choose to believe them? I’ve been lying to myself thinking that I can amount to something that matters.”

Sehun pursed his lips, tentatively reaching out to wipe the tears off of Luhan’s cheeks. He was as surprised as Luhan was by his actions. Luhan let out a soft gasp and pulled away, choosing to wipe his own tears away instead.

“You don’t have to do that.” Luhan chuckled softly.

Sehun looked away and his eyes landed on the grand piano sitting at the side. Suddenly, he had an idea. A small smile escaped his lips as he turned to face Luhan. “Play something for me.”

Luhan looked taken aback by his suggestion. “What?”

“Play me something, anything.” Sehun elaborated. “I don’t care if it’s something as simple as ‘Happy Birthday’ or something as complicated as Mozart or Beethoven. Just play me something.”

Luhan slowly nodded as he turned to face the piano. He took a deep breath. “I can’t promise I’m going to blow you away with this.” He joked.

But that’s exactly what he did. Sehun vaguely recognized the piece he was playing. He thinks it’s called ‘Green Sleeves’.

Sehun let the small smile linger on his lips as he watched Luhan play. The doe eyed boy had his eyes closed as he felt every beat, every rhythm. To Sehun, he played better than all the great musicians combined.

It was the first time he saw Luhan in his comfort zone, and Sehun, deep in his heart, hoped that this wouldn’t be the last. He let himself forget about all the judgment that was unfairly placed upon Luhan and simply enjoyed the company of the pink haired boy. And Sehun found out that what his peers said about Luhan was right. Luhan was extraordinary. He was extraordinarily beautiful.