F.D.S.T.H.O

Graduating Batch of Gay

~*~

  It was a few minutes after dismissal when Eunhyuk marched into the school gymnasium and gathered enough courage to confront the cheerleading squad. Only, they didn’t notice him at first because they were too busy practicing their human triangle, so Eunhyuk pulled the leg (literally) of one girl in the very middle, causing the horde of skinny girls in push-up bras and micro-skirts to topple down into one huge mess at Eunhyuk’s feet. As he stared at the twitching, tangled legs sticking out in the air, Eunhyuk couldn’t help but think about how much Sungmin would love this sight right now.

  “Yah!” A short, spunky cheerleader—Eunhyuk has heard enough complaints from his teammates about her constantly refusing to put out for them to remember that her name is Hyoyeon—got up on her feet, dusted off her skirt and jabbed Eunhyuk’s surprisingly hard chest with one manicured finger. (Eunhyuk winced slightly at the pain of a pointed nail poking his skin.) “What’s the big idea?”

  Fortunately, Eunhyuk was feeling quite confident today. “I’m looking for someone,” he said. “Jessica Jung, to be specific.”

  Hyoyeon rolled her eyes before picking a pitchy girl up by the neck and basically shoving her in Eunhyuk’s direction. As Jessica regained her composure, she crossed her arms and loudly puffed air through her nose, like a dragon except without fire (maybe a little snot, though).

  “Judging by the look on your face, I’m guessing you know about me and Donghae.” He wanted to smirk and rub it in her face that he now has what was once hers, but he ultimately decided that he hasn’t reached that level of importance quite yet (he still has a long way to go, really). “All bitterness aside, I need to ask you a serious question.”

  Jessica sent him a harsh look, but Eunhyuk has received worse from his own group of friends.

  “Anyway, I just want to know,” he in a deep breath before finally asking, “Is it you?”

  “Is what me?” Jessica lifted one eyebrow in intrigue. This girl would literally do anything for a hot piece of gossip—be it real or not.

  “Are you the one texting Donghae?” he asked. “Because if you are, then stop it. I mean it.”

  “I have no idea what you’re talking about. I haven’t even talked to Donghae oppa since we broke up.” She revealed, but a certain glint in her eyes made it clear that she wanted to get some dirt on this subject. “But what’s this about someone texting him? Is she from school? What kinds of things does she tell him?”

  “I’m not sure it’s even a she.” Eunhyuk only realized that he’s said too much after it came out of his mouth. “Say, do me a favor, won’t you? You have to promise me that this will only stay between us, okay? I don’t want this getting out and I’m sure Donghae doesn’t either, so please, for once in your life, keep your big yap shut.”

  “Oh, don’t worry,” she smiled. “I won’t tell a soul.”

  Satisfied, Eunhyuk nodded before leaving the gym and tried to ignore the few cheerleaders making googly eyes at him and giggling, “Bye Hyukkie~”. Eunhyuk had no idea when he became such a chick magnet—oddly enough, he didn’t mind the attention.

  As soon as he was out of sight, Jessica uncrossed her fingers behind her back, took her phone out and called the next biggest gossip in the school after her (which was Key, her flamboyant best friend who claims to be completely straight despite all the signs pointing otherwise) to share the latest piece of gossip she’s just gained.

~*~

  “I am officially stumped.” Eunhyuk groaned as he leaned over the marble counter. “I’ve talked to everyone who may hold a grudge against Donghae, but so far, I’ve come up with nothing. And I can’t think of anyone else who’d want to play a joke on such a sweetheart like Hae. Any suggestions?”

  “Did you ever stop to think that maybe whoever this jerk is, he’s not playing around?” Kyuhyun pointed out as he punched in some numbers in the cash register. “Come on, Donghae’s a pretty good-looking guy, the fact that someone other than you would be attracted to him is not so far-fetched.”

  “You mean, someone might actually really be in love with my Donghae?” Eunhyuk usually wouldn’t go to Kyuhyun to talk, especially about things like this, but at the moment, he was the only available option. Donghae wouldn’t obviously be of any help (he was too preoccupied with his ‘secret admirer’ anyway, damn him, whoever he is), Sungmin hasn’t been really sociable lately ever since the revelation of his illness and Heechul always seems to be too busy to talk. Thankfully, Eunhyuk wasn’t as awkward with Kyuhyun as he was during camp, as their relationship has since mellowed out since then. “And Donghae might actually reciprocate his feelings? Dammit, why do bad things happen to good people. Er, by good people I mean me and by bad things I mean—”

  “Yeah, yeah, I got that,” Kyuhyun handed him his soda and receipt. “Now, do haul your out of here, you’re holding up the line.”

  Eunhyuk looked behind him and gulped at the sight of all the angry, impatient people lined up. Not wanting to cause a scene but wanting to finish his business, he stepped aside and continued to talk to the cashier behind the counter.

  “Hey, by any chance, this creepy stalker wouldn’t happen to be you, would it?” he asked after taking a small sip of his rootbeer. “Because if it was, it would really make things a lot easier.”

  “Don’t you point fingers at me.” Even while taking orders, Kyuhyun still managed to send a quick glare towards the other’s direction. “I actually like you and Donghae together.”

  Eunhyuk’s face softened, “Oh, Kyuhyun, that’s so sweet—

  “Before you get the wrong idea, I only like you two together because it keeps you away from my Sungmin.” Kyuhyun stated as he counted the change for his current customer. “Plus, hearing you two have all the time puts lots of exciting ideas in Sungmin’s head, which I don’t mind at all. I’m quite open to experimenting in bed.”

  “Okay, way too much information,” Eunhyuk grimaced. “But hey, speaking of Sungmin, how’s he doing?”

  “I wish I knew. I’ve been so busy with my job here at Burger King and my other hellish job walking dogs every afternoon that I barely get to see him anymore. What’s worse is I don’t think he even realizes that I’m gone so much.” His face notably fell as he continued. “I hope to God that I can finally earn enough money soon for at least one therapy session for Sungmin.”

  “With all the money we’ve all brought together, I bet we can afford at least three.” He remarked. “But I still can’t believe that your own mother refuses to help you without pay. I mean, it’s for Sungmin after all.”

  “That’s exactly why she won’t help me.” He frowned. “As long as I’m gay, she won’t acknowledge me as her son. I’ve already gone through hell to get through to her, but she absolutely refuses to provide any therapy sessions for Sungmin at all, even though I know she can help him. She’s one of the most renowned psychiatrists in the city; if only everybody knew how she’s actually refusing to help an anorexic boy in need.”

  “Well, if fairytales have taught me anything, it’s that everything will work out in the end.” Eunhyuk said in an attempt to be positive. “Let’s hope this comes true for us soon.”

  “Sooner than soon, I hope.” He added. “I can’t take another minute of this humiliating job.”

  “Hey, it’s not that bad. If you don’t count the uniform, or the hat, or the dorky nametag…” Eunhyuk’s efforts to console him only seemed to worsen things. “You know what, I’m gonna go continue F.D.S.T.H.O.”

  “What?”

  “Oh, F.D.S.T.H.O.” He repeated. “It stands for Finding Donghae’s Stalker and Throwing Him into the Ocean.”

  “Huh,” Kyuhyun tilted his head slightly. “Not a very clever name.”

  “I know.” Eunhyuk admitted before tossing his empty plastic cup into the nearest trash bin and leaving the fast food establishment.

~*~

  Sungmin has had a very lonely week. Ever since his own friends had accused him of hiding an eating disorder, he has resisted the urge to talk to them in fear of the subject being brought up again. But as he cautiously made his way towards Heechul’s office, he struggled to come up with an excuse to come see him other than the actual one—which is that he misses him. As his hand landed on the doorknob, he eventually decided that he would just casually stroll in like nothing out of the ordinary had happened and ask Heechul how long it had been since he last dyed his hair as his roots were starting to show.

  But his mistake was going in without knocking.

  “Heechu—OH MY GOD!” Sungmin practically shrieked at the sight of two hot and heavy bodies entangled together right on the wooden desk, which was almost creaking at the weight and pressure it was holding up. He brought both hands to cover his gaping mouth; as horrifying as the scene was, he was still in a state of shock so he couldn’t quite take his eyes off them.

  After maybe a whole minute, Sungmin slowly made his way out (the two didn’t seem to notice him anyway) and ran down the hall, eyes wide and chest heaving up and down. Shaken, he took his phone out and immediately called Kyuhyun.

  “Kyuhyun! I need help!” He cried the second Kyuhyun picked up.

  “Oh, Minnie, I’m so glad you’re finally accepting your—”

  “Not that, you idiot! I have just witnessed the most disturbing sight known to man.” He gulped before revealing, “I just walked in on Heechul and Siwon ing.”

~*~

  Sungmin was confused when Kyuhyun told him to meet him at Burger King, but nonetheless, he was in a very bad place right now after what he had just seen, so he complied anyway. When he arrived however, he was dumbfounded to see his boyfriend dressed like one of the employees, standing behind the cash register taking orders.

  “Holy , is this what you’ve been doing this whole time?” Sungmin’s greeting was loud and not in the least pleasant, but Kyuhyun was just glad to see a glimpse of the old Sungmin again. “I was beginning to think you were cheating on me, but this is kind of…worse. Oh my effing God, you look ridiculous.”

  Kyuhyun chuckled and pecked him on the cheek. “How are you feeling, Ming?”

  “Like my intestines have just been scooped out and fed to the fishes.” Sungmin shuddered at the memory of Heechul and Siwon…at the lack of a better term, humping. “God, Kyuhyun, I literally may have to gouge my eyes out.”

  “I’d miss your pretty eyes then,” Kyuhyun smiled. “Besides, I think it’d be pretty hard to put make-up on with no eyes.”

  “Hm, good point,” Sungmin shrugged. “Anyway, can we stop talking about this, please? Because I keep remembering that and…ugh. Major ugh.”

  “Alright,” Kyuhyun brought one hand to Sungmin’s cheek and it with his thumb. “What do you want to talk about?”

  “I want to talk about you and what in the name of hell you are doing here.” Sungmin swatted his hand away as he angrily furrowed his brows at him. “Why didn’t you tell me you had gotten a job? God, Kyu, I could’ve helped you find a job at a way better place than Burger King.”

  “Well, Sungmin, it’s not really that simple…” he scratched the back of his neck as he readied himself for a difficult and lengthy conversation. “There’s a reason why I took a job. Two, actually.”

  “Two? But, Kyuhyun, you loathe work.” He pointed out. “What would possess you to—oh God, this is because of me, isn’t it?”

  Kyuhyun cupped Sungmin’s face with both hands. “I want to help you, Sungmin. My mom’s a psychiatrist, she can legitimately help. It’s just…she’s not willing to help unless we have the money to pay her.”

  “Honey, I’m really sorry to say this, but your mother’s a .” He remarked. “But don’t think that excuses you from this. Kyuhyun, I am telling you, there is nothing wrong with me. I feel fine.”

  “Liar. I can always tell when you lie, Sungmin. I can see it in your eyes.” He revealed. “I know you don’t feel fine. And you sure as hell don’t look fine. Your skin has lost color, your dark circles have gotten worse and you’re nothing but skin and bones. I want to help you, Sungmin, we all do, but—”

  “Wait…‘we’?”

  Kyuhyun bit his lip before continuing. “Heechul sold all his shoes to get cash. Donghae broke his piggybank, which he hasn’t touched since he was five. Eunhyuk’s borrowed money from all the people in his neighborhood. Even Siwon’s trying to use his connections to get a therapist willing to charge cheap.”

  “You…you guys are serious about this?”

  “That’s how much we care about you, Minnie.” Kyuhyun cracked a smile as he picked Sungmin’s chin up. “We want to help you, but we can’t do much unless you let us. So, please, Sungmin, I’m begging you—”

  “Okay.”

  “What?”

  “Okay.” He echoed. “I’ll…I’ll get help. I don’t want it, and I still don’t think I need it, but if you guys went through this much trouble for me, then what the hell. I think you guys are a couple of dips though.”

  “Sungmin, you have no idea how glad I am to hear you say that.” Kyuhyun picked Sungmin up by the waist (with all the weight he’s lost, he’s gotten much lighter) and they shared their first kiss in weeks—it was glorious, electrifying almost. “Thank you, Minnie. Seriously.”

  “No, Kyu,” for the first time in a while, Sungmin genuinely smiled, “thank you.”

  Before their lips could meet again, an elderly woman tapped the counter, getting their attention. “If you two would kindly stop being adorable for a minute, maybe then you can take our orders? We’ve been waiting for a while here.”

  The couple blushed as they let each other go; Kyuhyun resumed his job at the cash register while Sungmin gave him a quick kiss on the cheek, telling him he’ll see him at home later tonight.

~*~

  “Kim Heechul, if I ever go blind, I am so blaming you.” Sungmin hissed through the phone. “No amount of time can heal the disgustingness that you and Siwon have inflicted upon my poor eyes.”

  “Oh, calm down,” Heechul rolled his eyes, because even though Sungmin couldn’t see him, it was still a worthy ‘rolling of eyes’ moment. “If you actually think about it, it’s a pretty magical moment. It wasn’t just , it was the beautiful deflowering of a teenage boy.”

  “Are you telling me that you’re Siwon’s first time?” he gasped.

  “That’s right,” he confirmed. “I thought it was really cute actually, especially how he kept blushing the whole time afterwards. God, Sungmin, you should’ve seen him.”

  “No thanks,” he refuted. “I’ve seen enough for one day.”

  Sungmin had missed these conversations with Heechul, so he was in no rush to hang up, until his mother knocked on his bedroom door and asked if they could have a ‘little talk’. Sungmin knew what was coming and he didn’t like it.

  “So, Kyuhyun tells me you’ve run into a problem.” She sat on the foot of his bed, her eyes never leaving her son’s. “Honey, you know you can tell me anything, right?”

  Sungmin brought his knees to his chest. “I always thought that was true, but it’s really not, mom. There’s lots of things you don’t know about me and you know what, some of the problems I have to deal with are caused by you, mother.”

  She pursed her lips together, “Like your anorexia problem?”

  Sungmin flinched at that dreadful word. “Look, it’s not that big a deal—”

  “Don’t you give me any of that crap, son. You don’t think I’ve noticed how you’ve been acting differently nowadays? I may not always show it, but I worry about you.” She stated, reassuringly putting her hand on his knee. “And I’m sorry if my comments have driven you to this horrible disorder, but I really didn’t mean for any of this to happen. You’ve always taken my words in stride; if anything, I figured you would’ve seen them as constructive criticism, not deprecation.”

  “I don’t blame you, mother…heck, even I don’t believe that.” Sungmin waved off his first statement. “Alright, maybe I do blame you. But I blame myself too. After all, I let this happen to me. I don’t know how, but I did. And I’m just thankful that I have friends who are willing to help me, even after my behavior towards them.”

  “I’m very thankful that you’ve realized your problem before it got any worse.” She pressed a kiss on Sungmin’s forehead; when she pulled away, Sungmin noticed the tears in her eyes.

  “Oh no, mom, don’t cry. You know how I get when you cry…” Sungmin’s face scrunched up as he felt tears about to come as well. “Dammit, mom, you made me cry!”

  As they sobbed incoherent apologies to each other while cradling each other in their arms, Sungmin’s father could only cluck his tongue and shake his head seeing the two ladies of the house turn on the waterworks.

~*~

  “Well, Hae, I guess I better get going.”

  After a long, hard day of trying to find out who Donghae’s stalker secret admirer was, Eunhyuk went to Donghae’s house in hopes of ending the day on a lighter note in the arms of his boyfriend. But instead he had to sit and watch for two hours as Donghae exchanged text messages with the , as Eunhyuk has taken to calling him.

  Eunhyuk blamed himself a little for allowing Donghae to keep texting him.

  “I’ll call you tonight,” Eunhyuk wrapped his arms around Donghae’s waist, but the latter paid no attention to him as he was too engrossed in his phone. “Promise me you’ll answer?”

  “Mm.”

  “Donghae.”

  “What? Yes, yes, I promise. God, Hyukjae, stop hounding me.”

  Before leaving, Eunhyuk sighed and kissed his boyfriend on the forehead, “I love you, Hae.”

  Eunhyuk did call that night. Three times, in fact.

  But Donghae never answered.

~*~

I don't know if you guys have noticed, but some few (really few), subtle (probably too subtle) hints were actually dropped about Sungmin's problem in the previous chapters. :)

This chapter was originally supposed to be much more angsty (or is it angstier?), but it felt really weird writing angsty Sungmin (angsty everyone really) D: Plus, it's the holidays and all. :) Oh, which reminds me, happy holidays, everyone!

tumblr_lx4nq4vlhT1qj2x5no1_400.gif