monkey in a monkey suit

Graduating Batch of Gay

~*~

  “My hurts.” Sungmin said as he put on his lavender silk robe.

  Kyuhyun smirked at him as he dried himself with a towel. “Because of me, or because you just fell flat on your in the tub a few seconds ago?”

  “Both,” he returned the smirk as he pecked his lips. “But I believe you hurt me more. But it’s okay, I forgive you because I love you with all my .”

  “Your ?” he looked at him strangely as he pulled the drain in the bathtub.

  “Yes. Well, I would say ‘heart’, but my is obviously bigger.” He explained as he spritzed himself with some after-bath cologne.

  “I can vouch for that.” Kyuhyun took the bottle from his hand, put it down on the sink and pulled his boyfriend in the skimpy robe onto his still lap. “Mm, you smell nice.”

  “You don’t. You need some spray-on.” Sungmin reached for the bottle on the sink, or at least he tried to, since Kyuhyun wouldn’t let him off his lap. “Come on, I want to squirt some on you.”

  Kyuhyun’s smirk grew bigger, “I think you already did. In fact, I don’t think I managed to wash all of it off yet; on my stomach there’s still some white strings of—”

  “Oh my God, shut up.”

  He laughed, “Well, I’m sorry but you’re the one who keeps setting me up with all these dirty innuendos. I’m only human.”

  “Are you sure?” he put his arms around his neck and rubbed their noses together. “You certainly didn’t seem human a few minutes ago when you were ing me against the edge of the tub.”

  “Can you blame me? I missed you.” Kyuhyun murmurs against his neck, which was still covered in droplets of water. “And it’s the New Year. And it’s your birthday. And we haven’t had in almost two weeks.”

  Sungmin wiggled a little when he felt something rising. Not his own, but rather his boyfriend’s. “Kyuhyun, no, we just got cleaned up—”

  “Then we’ll just take another bath.” Kyuhyun insisted as he tried to hold Sungmin in place when he started to squirm out of his lap. “We can take all the baths we need.”

  “You’re going to turn me into a raisin, Cho Kyuhyun.” Thankfully Sungmin’s robe was so smooth and silky that he was able to wriggle out of Kyuhyun’s arms with minimal difficulty. “Do you really want your boyfriend to be a raisin when you say goodbye to him at the airport?”

  “Did you just hear what you said?” Kyuhyun asked, sitting on the counter as Sungmin stood in front of the mirror, running a brush through his hair. “You just made a joke about my leaving.”

  “You should be glad that I’m comfortable with it enough to joke about it.” He said, purposely brushing his damp hair in Kyuhyun’s direction so he could flick the drops of water at his face. “You don’t look very glad.”

  “We only have two months left, Sungmin.” Kyuhyun said, his voice turning solemn.

  “Two months is a lot, if you think about it.” Sungmin tried to stay casual, but even he couldn’t take the sudden tension in the atmosphere. “Damn you, Kyuhyun. Why do you always have to make everything so sad all of a sudden?”

  “Come on, don’t start.” Kyuhyun pulled Sungmin’s chin towards him when the latter started to sulk. “I’m just being realistic here. We need to be realistic.”

  “I don’t want to be realistic, Kyuhyun.” Sungmin removed his boyfriend’s hand from his face, put the hairbrush down and exited the bathroom. He went right into the kitchen announcing that he smelled something good and was just in time to see Heechul teaching Suzy how to smoke a cigarette and Eunhyuk and Donghae making out on the kitchen island.

  “I thought I had birthday cake.” Sungmin pouted, although he felt the need to laugh a little when Suzy had a nasty coughing fit after taking her first drag. “Come on, I haven’t eaten anything all day.”

  “Ah, he’s finally come to his senses.” Donghae somehow found the will power to climb out from underneath Eunhyuk and reach for the slice of cake they saved for Sungmin inside the fridge. “Hyukkie, just one second—” Eunhyuk refused to let go, clinging on to Donghae even as he stood in front of the fridge. “Hyukkie, it’s kind of hard to move if you’re holding on to me like a baby Koala bear.”

  “Ugh, fine.” Eunhyuk finally let go, albeit begrudgingly. “I was this close,” he held his fingers very closely together, “this close to getting his pants off.”

  “Don’t worry, Hyukkie. I’m sure Donghae probably misses your as much as you miss his.” Sungmin’s words of comfort seemed to spur Eunhyuk on, as there was a hungry look that glazed over his eyes.

  “Sungmin, honey, how come we never took it to the next level when we were fooling around?” he asked, pulling Sungmin onto his lap and rubbing his thigh.

  Sungmin looked at him strangely, “I can’t believe I’m saying this, but I don’t like you when you’re this .”

  Eunhyuk intended to say something else, but the only thing that came out of his mouth was a loud “OW!” when he was met with a rough slap to the back of his head.

  “ off,” Kyuhyun took Sungmin in his arms—which was very much reminiscent of a possessive mother taking her baby in her arms—and said, “this is my bunny.”

  “Aww,” Sungmin rewarded him with a quick kiss. “I love you too, baby.”

  “Is it just me or do they make you want to puke?” Suzy asked, nudging Heechul and nearly burning him with the tip of her cigarette.

  “If you plan to stick around long, you’re gonna have to get used to it.” Heechul advised. “And by the way, very nice choice of words; you’re learning well.”

  “Would you please stop corrupting her?” Kyuhyun said, taking the cigarette out of Suzy’s fingers and putting it out. “We still have to go back to my house and I don’t want to have to explain to her parents why she reeks of cigarettes.”

  “I don’t know, Kyu, it isn’t really that bad…” Suzy said thoughtfully, taking a few more sticks from Heechul’s pack, in the process dropping one on the floor and bending over to pick it up.

  Eunhyuk’s eyes followed the way her stuck up in the air. He couldn’t enjoy the view for long though, as he felt another whack on his head, this time from his very much not amused boyfriend.

  “What is it with you people attacking me? First my balls, now my head. What next?” he asked, rubbing his aching head.

  “If you don’t stop checking out everything that moves, I swear, I am going to castrate you.” Donghae said, causing Eunhyuk to instinctively cover his private parts as Donghae carved an apple. “You’re pathetic, Hyukkie.”

  Sungmin whispered into Kyuhyun’s ear, “I’m surprised Donghae knows what ‘castrate’ means.”

  “I taught it to him a few months ago. I thought it’d be nice to enrich his vocabulary.” Kyuhyun shrugged. “I also taught him how to use the words ‘’ and ‘ménage à trois.”

  Sungmin nodded in approval. “I bet he’s learning more from you than he does during an actual class in school.”

  They turned their attention back to Donghae, who was now deep in a very sophisticated conversation with Suzy.

  “Ohhh, I get it. KyuMin is Kyuhyun and Sungmin, and EunHae is you and Eunhyuk.” Suzy nodded feverishly. “And HaeMo is…wait, let me guess…oh! Is it you and Nemo?”

  “Yes!” Donghae cheerfully clapped his hands as he and Suzy shared a celebratory hug.

  “It looks like our girlfriends are getting along pretty well.” Eunhyuk told Kyuhyun while munching on the apple that Donghae was just carving a minute ago.

  “Don’t you mean boyfriend?” Kyuhyun asked.

  “I don’t know anymore.” Eunhyuk shook his head. “It’s been so long since I’ve seen Donghae that I’m no longer sure if he has a or a down there.” Suddenly, he gasped. “Oh my God, maybe that’s the deal with this whole abstinence thing. Maybe he grew a and he doesn’t want me to see it!”

  Sungmin and Kyuhyun both showed the same reaction, blinking their eyes in bewilderment.

  “That sounds like something that would come out of Donghae’s mouth.” Sungmin remarked.

  “Maybe this abstinence thing is good for you,” Kyuhyun added. “You’re starting to think like him. And we can’t have another mind like Donghae’s going around.”

  “Hyukkie, guess what?” came an excited drawl from Donghae. “Suzy and I are going to the aquarium downtown next week to visit my fish friends. You want to come?”

  “Um, no thanks, sweetie.” Eunhyuk waved him off, not wanting to have to endure two hours of Donghae spending quality time with his fish friends—again. “You and Suzy have a good time, okay?”

  Before Eunhyuk left to presumably go search for some on Sungmin’s laptop, he whispered to Sungmin and Kyuhyun, “You’re right. The universe can’t take another Donghae.”

~*~

  “Have I told you how much I love your ?” Kyuhyun sighed as a Sungmin snuggled up to him under the blanket. “It’s so round and warm and tight…”

  Sungmin put a finger to his lips to keep him from saying anything else. “You’re such a .”

  “You’re the one who just had with this ert three times.” Kyuhyun smirked.

  “You’re the nerd who counted.” Sungmin said with a playful smile.

  “And you’re the who’s going to kiss me now.” Kyuhyun stuck his lips out and Sungmin obligingly pressed their lips together.

  Sungmin put his weight on one elbow as he leaned against his palm to face Kyuhyun. “Do you really have to go? It’s my birthday; stay a little while longer.”

  “I would, believe me, I really would.” Kyuhyun his cheek. “But my mother has already called my phone five times and left me a message asking me where I had gone off to and if I’m taking away Suzy’s purity and innocence.”

  “I don’t know about her purity, but I’d say Heechul’s doing a pretty good job of taking away her innocence.” He joked as he nuzzled into Kyuhyun’s palm. “Oh God, Kyuhyun, I don’t know what I’m going to do without you.”

  “You’re gonna be fine.” Kyuhyun assured him. “I’m sure of it. You’re one of the strongest people I know.”

  “Only when I’m with you.” Sungmin said, using Kyuhyun’s chest a pillow. “Without you, I’m a trainwreck. Four years without you, who knows where I’ll end up?”

  “Come on, Ming. What’s the worst that could happen?” he asked.

  “I don’t know. I’ve just always had this whole future planned out for us.” Sungmin revealed. “I thought maybe after we graduate from high school, we can live in our own apartment together, and we can wake up next to each other every morning and have lots and lots of morning , and we’d drive each other crazy every morning and probably end up fighting over the little things, but that’s okay, because at the end of the day, we’d be in each other’s arms anyway.”

  “That sounds really nice,” Kyuhyun smiled softly. “I want that.”

  “Me too.” Sungmin said.

  “We can still have that, you know.” He said, running his fingers over Sungmin’s skin. “After graduating, I’m going to come back and we can have that.”

  “What if you don’t want to come back?” he asked. “What if you decide you want to stay there?”

  “Why would I do that when you’re here?” he said, making Sungmin’s heart flutter a little. “What are you so scared of, Sungmin?”

  “I’m afraid that if we’re separated for too long, we’re going to drift apart.” He admitted softly.

  “That’s it? Sungmin, I’m not scared of that at all.” He stated firmly. “I’m very much sure that that’s never going to happen.”

  “How can you be so sure?” he said, sitting up so they can converse better. “Back then, you were so sure that you were straight.”

  “Well, that’s different. Back then, I didn’t have you to show me the right path.” He said, squeezing his hand. “Now, I have you and I’m confident that I’m never going to lose you. Wait a minute, is that it? Are you afraid that you’re going to lose me?”

  Sungmin played with his fingers, refusing to meet his eyes as he nodded silently. Kyuhyun found it adorable how child-like he looked.

  “Sungmin, if you really think that, then you don’t know me at all.” Kyuhyun picked his chin up, forcing him to make eye contact. “I love you. And never, not even once, have I ever doubted how I feel for you. Doesn’t that say pretty much everything?”

  Sungmin slowly exhaled through his nose. “Damn you and your way with words.”

  Kyuhyun chuckled as Sungmin swung one leg over his hip and straddled him. “Do you feel better now?”

  “Yes,” he nodded. “And, you know what, I have decided that you and your girlfriend should break up.”

  “Really?” he asked. “What about your plan?”

  “I don’t really care about what your parents think anymore.” He decided. “As long as you promise that you’re flying back to Korea the minute you graduate. Do you promise?”

  “I promise,” Kyuhyun tapped his nose, laughing at how Sungmin’s eyes followed his finger, making him cross-eyed.

  Suddenly, there was a knock on the door before it opened, “I’m sorry to interrupt,” it was Suzy, “but I just got a text from my mom asking me if Kyuhyun and I had eloped. I think that’s our cue to go.”

  Kyuhyun groaned, “Fine, fine. I’ll be ready in a minute.”

  “Make it quick. My parents want to schedule me for an appointment at the gynaecologist to check if you’ve given me an STD.” She said before closing the door.

  “You know, Kyu,” Sungmin said as he tossed Kyuhyun his dress shirt from the floor. “You’ve never told me what course you’re going to take.”

  “Oh, my parents want me to take law.” He revealed mindlessly.

  “What?” he squeaked. “Law?! Kyuhyun, that’s more than four years! That’s seven years!”

  Kyuhyun hadn’t even finished putting his pants on when he hopped out of the room. “Um, yeah…anywaybyeseeyoulaterloveyoumwah!”

~*~

  It’s been less than a week since they went back to school and already Heechul was being harassed by Sungmin (what else is new?) regarding the upcoming school-picture taking. As if Heechul didn’t already have enough on his plate, with Hongki openly flirting with him in the faculty room and Siwon being all lovey-dovey with his girlfriend everywhere he went.

  “Come on, Heechul. This is our last year in high school, the least you can do is convince them to let Donghae and I, and not to mention yourself, to look our best and dress confidently.” Sungmin continued his speech about the importance of getting their pictures taken in a skirt. “If you cared about us at all, you’d do this.”

  “Right now, I’m starting to wonder why I even care about you people.” Heechul sighed, hoping Sungmin would get the message. “Leave me alone, Sungmin. The school board isn’t going to budge. Apparently they’re very adamant about being against gays. To hell with them, but there’s nothing I can really do about it. I’m just the art teacher.”

  “But you’re still a member of the faculty.” Sungmin insisted. “Please, please, please, pretty please. I will love you forever if you did this.”

  “That would be a terrible reward.” Heechul rolled his eyes. “I’m sorry; I can’t do anything. You’re gonna have to take the yearbook pictures in your regular uniform.”

  “This , Heechul.” Sungmin griped while sulking in Heechul’s office chair.

  “Don’t whine to me. This isn’t my fault, it’s Eunhyuk’s.” He said.

  “What?” he asked.

  “Well, apparently the guy Eunhyuk punched in the face’s father is head of the school board and he and his son happen to hold grudges.” He explained. “I guess this is his way of revenge towards Eunhyuk for messing up his pretty face.”

  Sungmin roared, “I am going to kill that monkey.”

~*~

  “You just had to go and punch him in the face, didn’t you?” Donghae was not the least bit shy to voice his complaints as he hit his boyfriend on the shoulder. “You see? Nothing good ever comes from violence.”

  “Hey, I did that for you.” Eunhyuk said defensively. “You know what? Maybe we can make the best of this. Maybe there’s some way we can make you two look as feminine as possible in boys’ uniforms.”

  “I have an idea,” Kyuhyun said as he fed Sungmin a roll of kimbap from his lunch tray. “You guys are going to think I’m a nerd for it though.”

  “That’s alright, honey,” Sungmin smiled, his cheeks full of the food Kyuhyun has been forcing him to eat. “We already think you’re a nerd.”

  “I was thinking we could find a way to hack into the school’s computer before the yearbook is published, and replace your pictures with the ones you want.” He shrugged, as if speaking about the most normal thing in the planet. “Or we could bribe whoever’s in charge of the yearbook committee to change your pictures.”

  “Well, who’s in charge of the yearbook committee?” Sungmin asked.

  “I think it’s our English teacher.” Eunhyuk said.

  Sungmin grinned like the Cheshire cat, “Looks like this is going to be easier than we thought.”

~*~

  “Hongki, I really appreciate this.” Heechul said, kissing the younger teacher on the cheek as he sat hunched over the glow of the computer screen. “The kids just wouldn’t get off my back about this yearbook thing. And once they found out you were the one in charge, well all hell practically broke loose.”

  “Did you just call them your kids?” Hongki asked, an amused smile spread across his face.

  “Well, I didn’t call them my kids. I just called them kids. They are kids.” Heechul tried to save face, albeit already blushing at the slip of the tongue. “I know what you’re thinking, and don’t say it. I don’t love them. They drive me crazy. They’re just very, very annoying people. And I don’t love people.”

  “I wasn’t thinking that,” he said with a small laugh. “I was thinking that you’re starting to sound like their mother. But it’s interesting to know that you love them.”

  Heechul swatted his shoulder, “Were you not listening to me at all?”

  “You’re a terrible liar, Heechul.” Hongki made a few more clicking sounds with the computer mouse before riding his swivel chair over to the bottle of vodka Heechul had snuck into school grounds after hours. “Fantastic lover, but terrible liar.”

  “For your information, I am fantastic at both.” He said as a matter-of-factly.

  “No, you’re not. I know you enjoy spending time with your ‘kids’, despite how inappropriate that is.” He said, making Heechul scoff and roll his eyes. “And I know in spite of you always insisting otherwise, you are capable of loving people, because don’t think I don’t notice the look on your face every time you see that football kid in the halls. Which is, by the way, even more inappropriate.”

  “He’s nothing. He’s just a dumb kid.” Heechul dismissively waved him off.

  “A dumb kid you loove~” he teased, poking him in the stomach.

  “Oh, just shut up and change the pictures so we can leave.” Heechul huffed. “And hand me some of that vodka.”

  “If I get in trouble for messing with the yearbook, I am so ratting you out.” He said as he returned to the computer.

  “Fine by me,” he shrugged. “I don’t think I’m going to be around for much longer anyway.”

  “What?” he asked, slightly alarmed.

  “I’ve been thinking about it for a while and…well, I think I’m going to resign when the school year ends.” He revealed before taking a sip of the liquor in his tiny glass. “This isn’t exactly my dream job, you know. I want to take some time to figure what I really want to do, to learn new things, new people.”

  “Well, if that’s what you want.” He said with another shrug. “Your students are probably going to miss you though.”

  He snorted, “Yeah, right. I bet half the students in my class don’t even know my name.”

  “Well, I’m certainly going to miss you.” He said, faking a pout.

  “Oh please,” he rolled his eyes, “I bet they’re going to hire fresh, young meat to replace me and you’re going to pounce on him like a tiger on a rabbit.”

  “Well, in the meantime, why don’t we celebrate this new-found decision of yours later tonight at my place?” he asked, smirking.

  “I would,” he said. “But I have other plans tonight. In fact, I ought to check if that’s still happening.”

~*~

  “Yes, Heechul, we’re still going shopping tonight. Jesus, you really can’t get enough of me, can you?” Sungmin chuckled, holding the phone in between his shoulder and his ear as he whipped himself up a smoothie (which he didn’t really want, but Kyuhyun threatened to withhold if he didn’t). “I hear this new shop just opened at the mall, and Won Bin is their endorser. They’ve gotta be good if it’s Won Bin.”

  Eunhyuk, who had been listening to the whole conversation, loudly shut the door of the refrigerator, catching Sungmin’s attention.

  “Um, I gotta go, Heechul,” he said, giving Eunhyuk a strange look. “I think Eunhyuk’s throwing a temper tantrum.”

  “I’m sorry, did I interrupt your precious conversation?” he asked in a mocking voice.

  “What is wrong with you today?” Sungmin asked with a small, amused chuckle. “Are you PMS-ing or something?”

  Eunhyuk didn’t reply, but instead dug a spoon into a cup of strawberry yoghurt and stared at Sungmin angrily.

  “What?” Sungmin asked expectantly.

  “Nothing.”

  “What?”

  “Nothing!”

  “What is the matter, Lee Hyukjae?”

  “I just…” Eunhyuk sighed, harshly putting down the yoghurt cup on the counter. “Whenever I see you and Heechul together, I get a little…I don’t know, jealous.”

  “Why?” he asked, one eyebrow raised.

  “Because you used to want to go shopping with me, Sungmin. I used to be the one who you dragged to the mall, who you tried out different outfits with but never buy because it’s fun to piss the store staff off, the one you ran to whenever you had a problem, the one you went to when you wanted a manicure or a change in hairstyle or a shoulder to lean on—”

  “I think I see where you’re going with this.” Sungmin held up his palm to stop him from talking any further.

  He shrugged, “I miss you, Sungmin.”

  “Honey,” Sungmin’s face softened, “I’m right here.”

  “Yes, you’re always here,” he said. “But at the same time you’re not.”

  “Is that my fault?” he said, getting defensive. “You’re the one who devotes all his time to Donghae.”

  “Because he’s my boyfriend, and if I let him out of my sight for one minute, he’s going to end up killing himself.” He explained, also defensively.

  “Well, what can I say, Hyuk?” he shrugged. “Sometimes best friends drift apart and become…just friends.”

  “Well, I don’t want to be just friends with you, Sungmin.” He said, sounding more and more frustrated.

  Right on cue, Kyuhyun happened to walk in just in time to hear Eunhyuk’s last words. “Are you confessing to my boyfriend?”

  Eunhyuk groaned, “Not now, Kyuhyun. We’re trying to have an argument here.”

  “Okay, but I’m gonna go make some popcorn to eat in case this turns into a catfight.” He quipped before leaving them alone once again.

  “Hyukkie, you were the one who left me behind when you and Donghae started ing.” Sungmin pointed out. “I needed a partner-in-crime, and I happened to find one in Heechul, so sue me.”

  “I did not leave you behind.” He refuted. “You know how it is when you first start dating someone; you can never get enough of them, you can’t stand being apart from them—we were in the honeymoon stage. You were the one who ran off to find a new best friend.”

  “Okay, you know what?” Fortunately for Eunhyuk, Sungmin was in no mood to argue tonight. “If it means this much to you, then you can go shopping with me and Heechul tomorrow.”

  “Oh, don’t bother.” He sulked, crossing his arms and turning away from him. “You’re just saying that because you feel obligated.”

  “Oh, stop being such a wuss and just say yes.” He shook his head at him. “I know you’re just looking for an excuse to be girly and go shopping again.”

  Eunhyuk awkwardly fidgeted before admitting in a tiny voice, “I do miss looking at all the pretty shoes…”

  Sungmin grinned, patting him on the shoulder, “That’s my girl.”

~*~

  “Ah, how I’ve missed seeing the looks on the staff people’s faces when we leave without buying anything.” Eunhyuk rejoiced at the reliving of past memoires as they settled down on a table in the food court. “I have to admit, it did feel kind of weird picking out a tuxedo. I’ve never worn one before.”

  “Huh,” Heechul chuckled. “A monkey in a monkey suit.”

  “I hope Donghae’s found a dress for prom already. He doesn’t want me to come with him since he wants to surprise me on prom night, but God, I’d love to see him try out dresses. And sneak a kiss in the fitting room.” He mused, unknowingly smiling at the delightful thought.

  “That reminds me, I haven’t picked out a corsage yet.” Sungmin fished his phone out, “I have to tell my mother to pick one out for me.”

  “I don’t understand why you two are making such a big deal about prom.” Heechul said. “It’s nothing special. It’s just an excuse for teenagers to dress up and grind up against one another.”

  “That’s perfect. I can grind up against Donghae all night.” Eunhyuk’s eyes twinkled as he spoke. “And he won’t be able to resist me when he sees me in my suit, which means I might actually get laid on prom night.”

  Sungmin put his hands together and sighed dreamily, “My mouth is watering every time I picture in my head what Kyuhyun would look like in his suit.”

  “You two are doing nothing but reminding me that I’m alone and single, and that I’m going to see Siwon and his date slow-dance on prom night.” Heechul groaned—almost whimpered, even. “Oh God, they’re going to get elected prom king and queen, aren’t they? And they’re going to go up on stage and be all lovey-dovey—ugh.”

  “Aww Chullie,” Sungmin rubbed his thigh. “Do you want us to take a cue from ‘Carrie’ and drop a bucket of pig blood on top of them?”

  “Nah, we don’t have enough time to get that much pig blood.” Heechul sighed, taking out a magazine from one of his shopping bags to preoccupy himself. “I’m just going to spike the punch and get myself drunk to soften the blow instead.”

  As Heechul started going through his new magazine, Sungmin decided to take the moment to be frank with Eunhyuk. “Hyukkie,” he nudged his foot under the table. “You remember what I said about best friends drifting apart? I take that back; that isn’t us. We’ll always be best friends, Hyukkie. Even if we don’t spend every day together, even if we’re not as close as we used to be, we’re still the best of friends. That’s what’s so great about our friendship. And besides, don’t you remember what I told you when we made each other those crappy friendship bracelets? We’re going to be best friends forever because you know too much.”

  Eunhyuk chuckled a little, “Yeah, I remember.”

  Sungmin was about to pull him in for a hug when Eunhyuk added, “Can we go shopping without Heechul next time?”

  “Of course.” Sungmin grinned as they shared a warm and for the lack of a better term, very gay hug.

  “I can hear you two, you know.” Heechul said without looking up from his magazine.

  Eunhyuk rolled his eyes, “Shut up, we’re trying to have a moment here.”

  “That’s it, I’m going out for a cigarette.” Before leaving the table, Heechul snapped a picture with them on his phone to possibly use for blackmail at a later date (fortunately for him, Kyuhyun and Donghae can both be very murderous when it comes to their respective boyfriends).

~*~

  “Are you gonna miss me?”

  “What?”

  “Are you gonna miss me when you leave?”

  Kyuhyun turned down the volume of the TV and shot Donghae a very perplexed look. “Why are you asking me this?”

  “Because I’ve been your best friend since we were freshmen?” Donghae answered. “Even though this is the first time we’ve talked—just the two of us—in a while…and we used to hang out with Siwon too. Did you ever imagine that our lives would be so different now?”

  “Um, no, can’t say that I did.” Kyuhyun was just relieved that Donghae had managed to distract himself from the original question. “I’m not complaining though.”

  “Neither am I,” he agreed. “Hyukjae makes me really happy. Does Sungmin make you happy?”

  “Of course he does,” he replied without hesitance. “He makes me happier than I ever imagined I could be.”

  “Then why are you dating Suzy?” he asked, his eyes wide like a curious little boy.

  “I’m not. We called off our ‘relationship’ a long time ago, remember?” He reminded him. “My parents are pissed, but whatever, I’m happy.”

  “Oh. Okay, I have another question,” he said, making Kyuhyun shake his head and mutter ‘oh God’. “If he makes you happy, then why are you leaving him?”

  “Because, Hae, this scholarship is a one-in-a-lifetime chance.” He said, suddenly becoming very flustered. “It’s like everything I ever wanted as a child is just suddenly being handed to me. It’s not like I want to leave Sungmin…besides, he’s being so supportive about all of this…but I…I just…dammit Donghae, why are you asking me so many questions?”

  “I’m a curious person,” he answered simply. “And don’t think I’ve forgotten my initial question. Aren’t you going to miss me, Cho Kyuhyun?”

  “You know what, Hae? I think I am going to miss you and that odd little brain of yours.” He finally admitted, tapping the side of Donghae’s head with his finger.

  “Hey, my brain is not little.” Donghae protested.

  “If you say so.” Kyuhyun chuckled, turning the volume of the television back up.

  Kyuhyun thought he was finally going to get some peace when Donghae grew silent, but he spoke too soon, as not long after, Donghae pounced on him like a puppy discovering a juicy bone for the first time. “I’m gonna miss you too, Kyu.”

  Kyuhyun stayed still as Donghae squeezed the life out of him. They didn’t even hear the front door open and their boyfriends come in.

  “So this is what happens when we’re not around.” Sungmin smirked as they walked up to the two figures on the couch.

  “So, did you find a dress for prom, bunny?” Kyuhyun asked when Donghae finally released his hold on him and transferred to Eunhyuk.

  “I sure did, but I’m not showing you mine so I can surprise you with my dazzling beauty when you pick me up in a limo.” Sungmin smiled cheekily as he greeted him with a kiss on the forehead.

  Kyuhyun blinked in confusion, “I’m picking you up in a limo?”

  “Yes, you are.” Sungmin nodded as a matter-of-factly.

  “Ooh, Hyukkie!” Donghae gasped. “Can we get a limo too?”

  As Kyuhyun and Eunhyuk dove into a deep conversation about where to rent a limo and how they could afford it, Sungmin’s phone rang and he picked it up when he saw Heechul’s contact picture on the screen.

  “Hey Chullie,” he answered. “Miss me already?”

  “Don’t make me gag,” Heechul said. “I called because I just found out some news that may be of some interest to you.”

  “What is it?” he asked.

  “Apparently, the school board has come to an agreement this morning,” he started. “They’re prohibiting same- couples from attending prom.”

  “What?!” he nearly screeched, attracting the attention of everybody else.

  “It , I know, but when they decide on something, it’s pretty much final.” He sighed. “I’m sorry, Sungmin. I guess you guys have to find some female dates for prom.”

  “Me take a girl to prom? Are you ing out of your mind, Kim Heechul?” Sungmin had half a mind to throw a vase at the wall at such a ridiculous prospect. “You know what, that’s it. If we can’t go to the school’s prom, then we’ll hold our own prom. I don’t know how, and I don’t know where, but damn it, I am not missing prom!”

  Heechul hung up when Sungmin started ranting, and it took about a minute or so for the latter to realize he was talking to no one.

  “Eunhyuk, your parents own a beach house in Gangnam, don’t they?” Sungmin asked.

  “They do? Hyukkie, why didn’t you ever tell me?!” Donghae complained. “I’ve always wanted to go on a date on the beach!”

  “Well, I forgot about it until now.” He said honestly. “What’s this about, Sungmin?”

  “Unfortunately, those dickheads at the school board have decided that same- couples can’t go to the prom, which means that we’re going to have to hold our own.” He announced. “This means we’re going to have to do a lot of planning.”

  Kyuhyun grimaced at the thought of all the trouble they have to go to. “Can’t we just…stay home and get drunk or something?”

  “Kyuhyun, I’ve already bought a dress and everything; I am not missing the only prom I will ever have my whole life.” He insisted. “Come on, I know it sounds like a load of work, but it’s going to be worth it at the end. I promise.”

  Everyone knew it was no use trying to argue with Sungmin when his mind was set, so they all hummed and nodded in agreement while Sungmin started writing down a list of the things they need to do in order to have the best promenade ever.

~*~