strenuous activities

Graduating Batch of Gay

~*~

“Talked to coach. You’re out of the team.”

  “Siwon,” Kyuhyun growled angrily as he stepped into the boys’ bathroom to confront the star quarterback. “I just got a text from Taecyeon saying that I’m out of the team. What’s that about?”

  “Oh, that. Um…” Siwon stalled by scrupulously drying his hands with a paper towel as Kyuhyun stared at him, impatiently waiting for an answer. “The guys said that they didn’t want a…in their own words, a ‘homo’ in the football team, so they kinda convinced coach to kick you out.”

  “And you didn’t even do anything to stop them?” he brought his hands to his hips and warily narrowed his eyes at the taller boy. “Some friend you are.”

  “Kyuhyun, I would’ve done something, but they made the decision without me. I swear.” He said defensively. “By the time I found out, there wasn’t anything I could do anymore.”

  “Siwon, you might as well be the most powerful guy in this school—you can do anything with a little help from your daddy dear.” He pointed out, earning a guilty look from the wealthy teenager. “You’re choosing not to do anything. You’re just as bad as the rest of them.”

  “Kyuhyun—”

  “Don’t bother,” he dismissed, turning on his heel to walk away. “I don’t want to be in the same team as a bunch of low-life pricks who are too small-minded to have a gay—oh my God…”

  “What?”

  Kyuhyun turned back towards Siwon with dread in his eyes, “Donghae.”

  And at this, Siwon positively paled as well.

~*~

  “Donghae, honey, don’t cry,” Eunhyuk was quick to provide a box of tissues (being the neat freak he was, he always had one handy in his locker) for his sobbing boyfriend. “You’re too good for that silly team anyway.”

  “But, Hyukkie, being on the football team raised my extra-curricular points,” he said in between sobs, “it was my only chance of graduating.”

  “Oh, sweetheart, don’t say that.” Eunhyuk soothingly hushed Donghae’s cries as he let him sob into his chest. “You have to at least maintain a C+ average to stay on the team, so it doesn’t really matter anyhow…”

  “I don’t think you’re making this any better, Hyukjae.” Sungmin, who had been sitting by the front steps of the school with the pair the whole time, nonchalantly dropped into their conversation as he continued filing his nails.

  Despite the nasty glare Eunhyuk sent him, there was no denying that Sungmin was right, as Donghae only sobbed harder at the implication that he could barely keep up a decent grade average. “Donghae, you’re plenty smart. You can still graduate without the football team.”

  “You’re right,” his eyes widened at the prospect. “I can join the soccer team instead!”

  “Uh, no, that’s not exactly what I was trying to say—”

  Before Eunhyuk could say anything else, the front doors to the school burst open and Kyuhyun came out looking pretty steamed.

  “What’s wrong with you?” Sungmin stood up, immediately cradling the peeved, mumbling teenager in his arms.

  “They kicked me out of the football team.” Kyuhyun revealed crossly. “Can you believe it? They actually kicked me out!”

  “Considering you’re just the water boy, it’s not really that unbelievable…”

  “Sungmin!”

  “Okay, I’m sorry, I’m sorry.” Sungmin wrapped his arms around his neck and brought him closer, comforting him with a warm hug. “Listen to me, honey. Forget about them; it’s their loss. Any team without you is useless. They might as well forfeit the whole season.”

  A small, appreciative smile tugged on Kyuhyun’s lips, “Thanks, Ming. I feel better already.”

  “…You’re just the water boy?” Eunhyuk interjected, earning a glare from the couple which prompted him to take his words back, “Clearly, I’m not very good at this whole comforting thing.”

  “Clearly.” Donghae agreed as he blew his nose into another tissue.

  “You know what? This isn’t right.” Eunhyuk decided it was time to put his foot down on the matter. “You guys are terrific football players—well, Donghae is, anyway. They can’t kick you out of the team just because you’re gay.”

  “Yeah, well, what are you gonna do about it?” Kyuhyun asked, with the intention of being completely rhetoric or at the very least, hypothetical, but Eunhyuk took it to the next level.

  “I’ll show you what I’m gonna do, I’m gonna tell off that petty coach of yours.” He declared with the slightest bit of hesitation in his throat. “Nobody makes my baby Hae cry and get away with it!

  With all the might he had, Eunhyuk trudged back into the building to look for said coach in the football field as the remaining three watched him in awe. Though Eunhyuk’s crowning moment of awesome didn’t last very long, as he managed to trip over his own feet in the middle of the hall—but that didn’t seem to diminish how attractive he was in his boyfriend’s eyes.

  “I am so hot for him right now.”

  Kyuhyun and Sungmin simultaneously turned towards the starry-eyed teenager with the same deadpan look on both their faces. They exchanged a glance before Sungmin asked him, “When are you not hot for him?

  Donghae turned to them with a curious look before remarking, “Hm. Interesting question.”

~*~

  Since the field was all the way on the other side of the school, by the time Eunhyuk got there, he was all sweaty and short of breath and frankly, he had already forgotten most of what he wanted to say.

  “Coach…coach…coach…” he wheezed, wondering if it was possible to develop asthma out of the blue despite the fact that his family had no history of asthma ever. “Coach, I have a bone to pick with—who the heck are you?”

  Eunhyuk was expecting to see their old coach, Hankyung monitoring the players as they practiced, but instead he was greeted by a middle-aged man, stout and dowdy with an unusually large chin.

  “Kim Gura. The new football coach.” He extended his hand for him to shake, but changed his mind when he realized how sweaty his palms were. “And you are?”

  Finally managing to catch some of his breath, he introduced himself, “I am the boyfriend of the most skilled and talented athlete whom you made the mistake of taking out of the team.”

  “I have no idea what you’re talking about.”

  “I’m talking about Donghae,” he was close to snapping. “Lee Donghae!”

  “Oh, him.” He nodded as he lit up a cigarette, which Eunhyuk was pretty sure was not allowed on school grounds. “Oh yeah, that kid was good. Unfortunately, I don’t allow queers on my team.”

  “Donghae and Kyuhyun have been on the team since they were freshmen. Their ual orientations have nothing to do with their capability of throwing a stupid ball around.”

  “Obviously, you don’t know the first thing about football.” He blew a puff of smoke in Eunhyuk’s face, which probably wasn’t very good for him considering he still hadn’t regained all of his breath. “Football players need to be tough. They need to be able to endure beatings, thrashings, maybe even a kick to a groin every now and then—that’s what this sport is all about.”

  Eunhyuk rolled his eyes, “Oh please, if he can take a in the , then he can certainly handle all of that.”

  “That’s…disturbing.” He grimaced, tapping the ash off his cigarette. “Look, why don’t you run along to your little boyfriend and do whatever it is that you gays do.”

  As a stray football somehow made its way towards Eunhyuk’s feet, he could feel himself about to erupt any minute now. “Okay, you know what? This is what I think of this idiotic sport and your tiny, prejudiced mind.”

  Much to the surprise of everyone, including Eunhyuk himself, Eunhyuk put all the strength he had left in his right foot and kicked the leather ball probably about fifty yards away, sending it straight between the uprights. The football players in the field were slack-jawed, and some of them even took their helmets off as they turned to look at the panting Eunhyuk with bewilderment.

  Even the coach was awestruck—though he managed to compose himself just in time to offer Eunhyuk, “Say, kid, I have a proposition for you…”

~*~

  When Eunhyuk asked everyone to gather in Sungmin’s house later that afternoon, none of them were prepared for the little bit of news that he had in store for them.

  “You joined the football team?” Donghae asked, his arms folded across his chest as he crossly tapped his foot on the floor. “Hyukkie, how could you?”

  “He talked me into it. He’s like a conversational wizard!” Eunhyuk did not act well when being given the third degree, even from someone as adorable when upset as his boyfriend. “Plus, he said that if I join them for a couple of games, he might consider putting you and Kyuhyun back on the team.”

  “Wait a minute,” Kyuhyun looked hurt. “How come you’re allowed on the team but I’m not?”

  Eunhyuk scoffed, “Because I can actually play instead of just delivering water to the players every game and warming the bench?”

  There was a fire in Kyuhyun’s eyes as he just about charged at Eunhyuk, whose only source of protection was Donghae, who frantically told him to, “Undo it! Undo it!”

  “What I meant by that was…” Eunhyuk scratched the back of his head, scrambling his brain for a decent enough excuse. “You actually have a lot of potential…if only they could have put you in the games…or something…?”

  “That is the worst fake apology I’ve ever heard.” Kyuhyun rolled his eyes, turning to Sungmin with a sulky face on.

  “Yeah, he’s never really been good at this sort of thing.” Sungmin shrugged. “Am I only the one who’s interested to find out how Eunhyuk is actually going to make out with this whole football thing? As far as I know, he can barely stay on his feet for more than five minutes without complaining about his legs getting tired.”

  “Hey, I can do strenuous activities if I put my mind to it. After all, I top Donghae, don’t I?” Eunhyuk pointed out defensively. “Right, Hae?”

  “Hm?” Donghae snapped out of his dirty thoughts. “Oh, I’m sorry. All I heard was ‘Eunhyuk’ and ‘make out’ and then ‘top’ and ‘Donghae’…Hyukkie, can we go to the bedroom now?”

  “Really?”

  “Uh-huh.” Donghae nodded eagerly as he bit his lip. Taking Eunhyuk’s hand, he led him upstairs and soon, the sound of the door closing and locking was heard.

  And Sungmin was left desperately calling, “Hey, wait, this is not your house! Don’t you two dare—oh God, they’re gonna do it on my bed.”

  “I know.” Kyuhyun handed Sungmin a pair of earplugs as he put on his own; they always made sure they had some handy whenever they were around Eunhyuk and Donghae and their apparently uncontrollable libidos. “What is up with their hormones lately?”

  “I really have no idea,” he sighed. “They’re even worse than us. And to think that they kept complaining about us during camp.”

  “You know, come to think of it, we haven’t been spending that much time together in bed ever since we got out of camp.” He said, a small pout forming on his lips. “What’s that about?”

  “Oh, I don’t know. I guess there was just something about doing it on the dirty ground outdoors…” as he trailed off, he recognized a familiar glint in Kyuhyun’s eyes. “Honey, are you thinking what I’m thinking?”

  “ in the backyard?”

  Sungmin’s eyes twinkled, “We can set it up tonight. My parents are gonna be out all evening—”

  “Ah, Hyukjaeeeee!” the purr that came from the upstairs bedroom prompted Kyuhyun to take Sungmin’s hand and hurry him out of the house and into the backyard. In his own words, “Screw that. Let’s do it now.”

~*~

  Halfway through the movie, Heechul had fallen asleep and was only woken up by a warm sensation in his nether areas. Once he stirred, he saw a hand down his pants…but it didn’t quite belong to him.

  “Um, Hongki?” he cleared his throat, squirming uncomfortably in his seat. “What do you think you’re doing?”

  “Oh, a really racy scene came while you were asleep and I didn’t want to wake you so…” he flashed an innocent smile at him, which was ironic because what he was doing to Heechul at the moment was nowhere near innocent.

  “Couldn’t you…oh, I don’t know, off the top of my mind…do this to yourself?” Heechul asked before biting his lip to suppress a moan; he didn’t really mind being vocal, but he certainly didn’t want to catch the attention of the other people in the theatre and have them see what was going on in his pants right now.

  “I was afraid people might see me and think I was weird.” He admitted sheepishly.

  “Oh, yeah, because this isn’t weird at all.” Heechul remarked dryly. “Hongki, please get your hand out of my…um…area.”

  “Do you not like it?”

  “It’s not that I don’t like it,” Heechul couldn’t lie, “I just don’t want to get caught and get thrown out of a movie theatre…again.”

  “Oh. Okay.” Hongki removed his hand and proceeded to scoop up a handful of popcorn (with the very same hand, much to Heechul’s disgust) as he rested his hollow head on Heechul’s shoulder.

  A few minutes later, Heechul could’ve sworn he felt something soft and sticky hitting the back of his head again and again. He looked over his shoulder with the intention to curse whoever it was that was throwing what Heechul soon realized was popcorn at him, but his mouth promptly dropped when he saw Siwon seated in the far back, nonchalantly eating his popcorn.

  “Siwon!” He called in an angry half-whisper.

  Siwon smiled (that evil bastard) and innocuously waved at the teacher as he munched on a kernel of popcorn. Heechul had to admit, despite how strange the whole situation was, the bastard looked good enough to eat right about now.

  Just as he was about to excuse himself, he realized Hongki had fallen asleep on his shoulder. The thought of repaying Hongki for the earlier as a clever ploy to make Siwon jealous immediately crossed Heechul’s mind, but he ultimately decided that it just wasn’t worth it. Besides, he had plenty of time to touch Hongki later anyway.

  Heechul carefully slipped out of his seat and made his way towards Siwon’s row, where the teenager continued to sit coolly as he pretended to enjoy the movie.

  “What the hell are you doing here?” he hissed.

  “Watching a great movie,” he answered. “Want some popcorn?”

  “No thanks, I think I got enough of it in my hair from when you were flinging them at me just a moment ago.” As soon as the people around them started hushing them and telling them to pipe down, Heechul had no choice but to take Siwon outside…or more specifically, to the men’s bathroom.

  “Okay. What are you really doing here?” Heechul asked as soon as they were alone.

  “I could ask the same to you.” He shot back.

  “Are you spying on me?”

  “Are you actually dating the English teacher?”

  “Okay, first of all, he has a name,” he stated. “And second, we’re not exactly dating officially. We agreed to keep it casual. But you know, anything can happen.”

  “Isn’t that what I told you—?”

  “Exactly, Siwon. Why do you think I said it?” he rolled his eyes. “You told me before you left camp that anything can happen. For weeks, I waited for you to call me after that. But nothing happened, Siwon, nothing!”

  Siwon didn’t seem to be listening to him, but rather was staring at Heechul’s lips as they moved.

  “Well? Aren’t you at least going to say anythi—”

  Siwon took Heechul’s face in his hands and smashed his lips into his. It was obviously a very impulsive kiss which included lots of saliva and teeth hitting; but despite how uncomfortable it was, Heechul found it impossible not to enjoy any kiss from Siwon.

  When Siwon finally pulled away (panting, at that), he wiped his mouth with the back of his hand and wordlessly left the bathroom.

  Heechul stared at his reflection in the mirror and realized Siwon had made his lip bleed again, just like he did back when they fooled around in camp. Heechul swabbed the small dot of blood with his thumb, however that wasn’t enough to stop the bleeding, so he reached for his handkerchief in his back pocket, but instead he found a neatly folded piece of paper. He figured Siwon must have snuck it into his pocket during their little moment a minute ago.

Meet me under the bleachers after school tomorrow? ;)

~*~