Chapter 7

Under Your Spell

JESSICA POV

I woke up to the sight of the morning rays shining through the window, I slowly raise my body and sit up and observe my surroundings, I keep forgetting that I am no longer in my world anymore, that I am now in the underworld. It just hasn’t processed in my head, everything seems so surreal, it’s like I’m trapped in my dream or something.

I heard footsteps coming towards my room. I quickly laid back down, pretending that I was asleep. The door creek open and light footsteps slowly made its way towards me.  I remained still, trying my best to not give away that I was awake. The footsteps got louder and stopped near my bedside, I tried my best to keep my same breathing patterns but honestly my breath was getting short, because I was getting nervous, should I just open my eyes? I heard clinking sounds followed by it being placed on the drawer next to me. When I heard the footsteps turning away I peeked my eyes open and saw Sooyoung’s tall slim backside trying to tip toe outside my room. Once she closed the door, I got up and looked to my left to see that she had placed breakfast for me on the table. There was a note on the tray that read: 

"ENJOY~"

next to the card was a single black rose. I looked at the tray of food, and examined it, should I eat it? What if this is part of her plan and she just wants to poison me? No, I’m not going to, I’d rather starve, who knows what she’s planning to do.

After a couple minutes of sitting there my door opened again with Sooyoung slowly walking in, I think she’s trying to smile but it looks kind of creepy, what the heck is wrong with her? She stood by my bed, and noticed the uneaten tray of food before she cleared .

“Well, aren’t you going to eat breakfast?”

“How do I know you didn’t poison it?” I said back raising an eyebrow at her.

She chuckled a bit before answering “Why would you think that?”

“Oh I don’t know…because you hate my guts, and you want revenge on me! Which by the way when are you going to accept I’m not Liana and that I’m…”

She quickly cut me off “I know I know you’re Jessica, Jessica Jung.” She showed an awkward smile that somehow actually came across as cute.

“How come you believe me now?”

“Doesn’t matter, you should eat your breakfast, I know you’re hungry.”

“I’d rather starve.” I said that so firmly I was proud of myself for keeping my cold exterior up, who knows what she’s planning but…that cold exterior shattered when my stomach growled.

She smirked a bit “I think your stomach thinks otherwise.”

“Shut up!”

“Just eat will you.”

“No, I bet you poisoned it.”

“I didn’t, I’m not that cruel, plus that’s a waste of food. If I wanted to poison you I’d put it in your drink.”

I turned my head quickly to my drink on the tray and looked at her. She quickly raised her hands up “Not that I put poison in your drink! Cause I didn’t there’s no poison in anything!”

“Prove it!”

“Fine I will.” She grabbed the tray and quickly took a bit of the pancakes. She swallowed it an opened “See no poison.” Then she grabbed the orange juice and drank it, “See no poison…” I was still suspicious. But I was hungry so I took the tray from her.

“Fine but if I die, you better believe I will come back and haunt you!” she laughed before she got up.

“I’m going to pour you a new glass of orange juice.”

“Why?”

“Well don’t get me wrong but I’m pretty sure you know what an indirect kiss is, and I’m pretty sure you don’t want to put your lips to a cup I just put mine to, or do you?” She raised her eyebrow at me, followed by a smirk.

“Ewh gross! I would never want that, especially by the likes of someone like you.” I bit my lip a bit was that a little to harsh?

She scratched the back of her head and avoided looking at me “Hahaha right…I’ll go get you that orange juice, you can eat now.”

She left the room and I put my fork down. Why is she being nice to me anyways?! I don’t understand this. Does she have some sort of split personality or something? I swear she has mood swings. She came back into the room with a new cup of orange juice, and placed it on the table.

“Can I ask you something?”

“Didn’t you just now?” She said back teasingly.

“Seriously, why are you being so nice all of a sudden?”

She sighed before she looked at me “If I told you that I changed, would you believe me?”

“Changed how?”

“Like my opinion on things…”

“And why would you do that? Aren’t you supposed to have the image of a scary, ruthless, and cold hearted person, the person whom controls the underworld?”

She sighed and headed towards the door. “I guess.”

“You know you confuse me, I don’t know whether to believe you or assume this is an act.”

She mumbled something I couldn’t quite hear, “Just eat your breakfast, we have a lot to do today.” then she left.

SOOYOUNG POV

I woke up earlier than usual so that I could go into the mortal world to pick up some breakfast for Jessica. I’m assuming she’ll be hungry when she wakes. Once I arrived back with the breakfast I spent a little time trying to write a note. Hmmm what should I say?

“Good Morning, hope you sleep well, I went out to buy some breakfast I figured you’d want something to eat, so enjoy!” I crumbled up the paper and threw it, nope too weird. I quickly scribbled “Enjoy~” and placed it on the tray. One more thing, I quickly snapped my fingers and one single black rose flower appeared in my hand. “I think this will do” and placed it by the note.

 I walked up to her room and noticed she was still sleeping so I walked in as quietly as I could. I noticed how the rays of the morning sun highlighted her face and made her look angelic. I put the tray down and walked back out. After a few minutes I wondered if she was up yet so I went into her room, and there she was just sitting there. I walked inside, should I smile, should I not. I think what came out ended up looking creepy instead. Oh my god someone kill me. I stopped by her bed and noticed the tray of uneaten breakfast. When I asked her if she was hungry, she quickly asked

“How do I know you didn’t poison it?”

The question caught me off guard and yet she seemed so serious about it causing me to chuckle a bit. She must really see me as a monster. We argued a while before she finally gave in after I proved to her that I didn’t poison it, when I was getting up to pour her another glass of orange juice she asked why? What I said surprised me.

“Well don’t get me wrong but I’m pretty sure you know what an indirect kiss is, and I’m pretty sure you don’t want to put your lips to a cup I just put mine to, or do you?” It self-consciously came out, but hey it was a step closer, I guess I haven’t lost all of my game after all HAHA!

When I came with a new glass of juice, I was going to leave when she stopped me “Can I ask you something?”

She asked me again why I was being so nice. She said that she didn’t know whether to believe me or assume that it was an act. I was left there dumbfounded before I mumble. “I’m not sure myself anymore.” I realized she was looking at me, I hope she didn’t hear

“Just eat your breakfast. We have a lot to do today.”

I left the room and stood behind her door, and sighed “Is this still an act? Or am I actually being nice to her? This is an act right…my feelings are all just jumbled up, there’s no way that I’m falling for her.”