Chapter 1

Under Your Spell

Sooyoung Pov

Flashback:

“Liana I love you.”

“Do you really mean it Sooyoung?”

“Of course I do I’d do anything for you.”

“Cheers then!” *Clink*

End of Flashback

Those were the last seconds I had to live as a human. “Liana…” you have no idea what I’ve become because of you.

Flashback:

I opened my eyes and woke up in a dark and unknown place.

“Where am I?” I said as I rubbed my head from what it seemed like a major headache. I heard the sound of something, not quite sure what it was. I walked toward where the sound was coming from. I saw a blue light rise from the ground and when I walked closer to it the sound became louder and clearer, it was the sound of shrieking spirits trying to escape the hole they’ve been put into.

“AHHHH!!” I yelled as I fell back.

“Do you know your answer now; you dear are in the land of the underworld.” A mysterious voice said to me.

“Who’s that? Who’s there?!” I yelled. I heard the sound of footsteps coming closer and closer, feeling scared I slowly backed up into a wall.

“I am a witch.” She said as she revealed herself in front of me.

“Why have you brought me here? Have I done something wrong?” I said to her

“It’s quite funny that you said that, because it’s not me who did this to you but no one other than your darling Liana.”

“What do you mean, how could she possibly do that?”

“Think about it, what was the last thing you said to her before you woke up here?”

“…I said that I loved her…and what about it?”

“Oh there’s nothing about it…except that she created a spell with the help of another witch  and had it casted on you so that whenever you confessed your love for her you two would swap places. Did I mention that she is the goddess of the underworld, well actually I guess the correct term for it is “was” because now she’s human and it’s you who is goddess of the underworld.”

“No. no there’s no way…Liana is human, she’s not the ruler of the underworld. She would have told me, plus everyone knows that Hades is.”

“Back in time yes, but he also did the same to escape this curse of a place, and now she's done the same to you.”

“So your saying that Liana was the goddess of the underworld…she only used me…”

“Are you humans really that naïve?”

“Yes, she used you so that she could have her desire she’s been yearning for, her freedom.”

”Well how do I get out of here?”

“It’s not quite that simple dear, you can’t just come and go as you please, because now you have taken her place as Goddess of the Underworld. It takes time before you even start to possess your abilities of a god.”

“WHAT! I"M THE GODDESS OF THE UNDERWORLD!...NO NO I DIDNT ASK TO BE!"

"Were you not listening? Yes you are the Goddesss of the Underworld and well of course you didn't ask to be dear, your forced to because of Liana."

"NO I REFUSE TO, THIS IS A DREAM THIS IS ALL SOME TYPE OF DREAM. WAKE UP SOOYOUNG!" I said as I lightly slapped the sides of my face trying to wake myself up.

"I'm sorry Sooyoung, this isnt a dream nor is it a nightmare, this is your new reality."

"So I’m stuck here…what about my family, my friends, my life…”

“Life as you know it Sooyoung is gone, your humanity will crumble into pieces, I’ve seen it happen many times, you grow to lose emotion to lose your feelings you  grow to become heartless. That’s what happened to Liana that’s why she did it, she has no feelings, and she only wanted freedom again.”

“Liana…” I felt an surge of anger run through my body…she only used me…she lied to me…because of her I’m trapped here…because of her I’ll never see my friends or family again...because of her…I swear I’ll get my  vengeance on her. “Liana you’ll pay for using me…”

The witch started laughing “It seems like you’re already losing your humanity.”

End of Flashback

It’s been years ever since that day, years that I’ve been trapped here, years that I’ve been looking for her. Trapped inside this lonely place, stuck here as I watch my family questioned whether I abandoned them, watching people as they enjoy their happiness as a human, because mine was taken from me.

I’ve grown quite accustomed with the way things run around here. Spirits sent here to be evaluated whether they deserve a second chance or not. Along the years I’ve learned many abilities from being able to make myself vanish into thin air, having a blue flame appear above my fingers with the snap of them, other things too. I was finally allowed to earn the ability to walk amongst the human world again but only for a limited of time. I spend most of my time in this place I now call home, the place of the underworld. I know what comes into your mind when you hear the word underworld you probably envision a dark place, with a scary vibe to it. It’s still like that, but only part of it. The part I created reminds me of my home from when I used to be human, it’s secluded from this part of the underworld it’s a small blue house next to the beach. I created it a while ago because if I was going to be stuck here I wanted to feel better like there was at least a tiny part of me that’s still human. But as the years went on I started to lose emotions within myself, I’ve become the heartless goddess of the underworld who every spirit fears.

Every day I stare at the Mirror of Mortality, that’s where I can see whatever it is I please. Most of the time I ask to see my mother and my family. The odd thing is when I ask to see Liana nothing appears, I guess that she made a spell so that I wouldn’t be able to see her or find her. There’s not a day that goes by where I don’t look for her, I want her to feel the pain and loneliness she’s put me through,  even though I haven't learned how to yet, I want to be the one who takes her freedom away from her again.

“Mirror show me my mom.” I said

The mirror revealed my mother who was strolling around Seoul. “How are you today mom, busy?” I said talking to the mirror. This is the only way I can communicate with her, I know that since now I have the ability to walk amongst the human world, I should just show myself to her…but I can’t. What could I say to her to make up for all the years that I’ve been gone, and what am I going to do when I leave her to come back to this place. As for right now it’s too hard to explain. I better just wait for when I get my human life back. I stared at my mom in the mirror as I watched her walk, when someone bumped into her. “You ok Omma?” I said as I looked at the person who bumped into her. “Mian-hae” the girl said as she bent down to apologize and walk away. “WAIT! Mirror rewind the last part!” the mirror went to the last part it showed to the girl apologizing. “I can’t believe it, I’ve finally found you Liana…after all these years I can finally take my long awaited revenge on you.”

*Snaps fingers* I appeared in Seoul, the sidewalk I just watched my mother bump into Liana on. I circled behind me looking for Liana. I finally saw her a couple feet in front of me. *Snap fingers* Now I was in front of her. I turned around, and saw her walking she came closer and I stepped in her way and gripped her arm stopping her from walking  “Liana, I found you.” She looked up at me with confusion. “I think you have me mixed up with someone else my name is Jessica Jung.”

 

I DIDNT HAVE ANY HOMEWORK TODAY SO I DECIDED TO UPDATE THE FIRST CHAPTER TODAY REMEMBER THIS IS JUST THE FIRST CHAPTER GETTING EVERYTHING STARTED AND EXPLAINED SO IF IT WAS BORING I'M SORRY...IT WILL GET BETTER!

P.S THANK YOU TO ALL OF YOU WHO SUBSCRIBED AND UPVOTED! I APPRECIATED IT.