Chapter 5

Under Your Spell

HEY GUYS! ^.^ I'VE DECIDED THAT I WILL BE CANCELING THE STORY, BECAUSE I'M TOO BUSY WITH SCHOOL.......................................................................... JUST KIDDING! I WILL ALWAYS FIND A WAY TO UPDATE EVEN IF I'M BUSY! ANYWAYS I HAVE TODAYS UPDATE FOR YOU, THANK YOU TO ALL THE SUBSCRIBERS, VOTES, AND COMMENTS!

 

SOOYOUNG POV

“If she’s there then that means…you’re the real Liana…”

A smirk appeared on her face before she made her way to me “Yes, it’s me, the one who you’ve been trying to find all these years my dear dear Sooyoung.”

She caressed the sides of my face with her hands as she sat on the desk in front of me. I pushed her hand away. “How are you even here? Aren’t you human now, didn’t you take my humanity away from me?”

“Ah I guess that’s right I never explained to you…” She pushed herself off of the desk and sat on my lap, and played with my hair, I pushed her off of me “Liana…now’s not the time for games, why are you here?” I asked her with coldness in my voice.

She tilted her head “Wow, you’ve really changed Sooyoung, not that nice, polite, warm-hearted girl who fell in love with me. You’re cold now, almost as if you don’t care about me.”

“I don’t.” I replied back without hesitation, and why would I hesitate it’s the truth.

“Ouch, that hurts Sooyoung, so cruel of you to say that so quickly,”

“I’m only acting like the person who you’ve made me become. Do you realize all the pain and suffering you’ve caused me?”

She sighed “I know, I know, but I’m here now, I came here to offer you a deal.”

“What kind of deal, and how are you here? Only the supernatural can come here, last I remember you’re a human now.”

“Ah that! Yes, let me explain, where should I start?”

“Why not start from the beginning.”

“Alright it’s a long story so try and keep up ok?” she said in a mocking tone.

“First things first, I am not a monster like you think I am, I once had feelings too. How I came to be the Goddess of the Underworld well let’s just say I didn’t make the wisest decisions in my love life. I fell in love with the ruler before me, and because of that, I was trapped here, while he, he took my place as a human, when I came here I was a lost person just like you, I didn’t know what was happening or where I was, I was just as scared and terrified as you were. I found out that actually it’s not the underworld that’s cursed but it is the ruler that is. You remember when you said that you loved me and you woke up here? Yeah the spell I created didn’t do that, that’s just the curse of the ruler, the cursed chain as we call it, because the chain goes on forever, back to when Hades ruled, he is in fact the creator of the spell, You see he had fallen in love with a human and when she didn’t return his feelings once she found out his identity as the dark god of the underworld she was scared of him and she left him, and because of that he hated himself for falling in love, so he created a spell so that whomever falls in love with the ruler of the underworld would take their place, and each person that would come to throne would understand the pain that he went through his entire life.  He wants us to suffer, to know the price it comes to when falling in love, he wants everything and everyone to be miserable just as he was, that’s why whenever someone falls in love with us they take our place whether we like it or not, that’s just how the curse is.”

“So, what’s your story now?”

“I’m getting there, you know how when you came here there was a witch that told you everything? Yeah the same happened to me except the witch that help guided me was the next person I fell in love with. Her name was Tiffany, and she was beautiful. She did everything for me, she taught me everything, she was the only thing that kept me sane while I was here, she made me forget all the pain I went through, everything. My biggest regret was losing her. She would have done anything for me no matter what the cost. One day I got into a big argument with the gods, and I came here and I was furious I couldn’t think straight all I wanted to do was let them feel misery because all they did was watch mortals and the dark gods suffer. Tiffany hated them for making me feel like that so she tried to defy them of their power. She tried to take it away from them, and the power was too much for her to handle, so she died.

Ever since then I have done everything, researching everything, trying to do everything to bring her back, and I did end up finding a spell so that’s why I created a spell so that I could keep my powers while I was a human, it just happened that it was you who I took the human spot from but right now I’m losing my powers but that’s how I am able to come back here. I need to do this spell before the year of the half-moons ends.”

“What’s the year of the half-moons?”

“Haven’t you paid attention while you were here, each night this year haven’t you realized that it’s always half-moons in the sky?”

“Yeah, but I thought it was just some weird thing, anyways go on.”

 “Jessica is an important role for what I want.”

“What is it that you want?” I asked her.

“The spell that I need her for is guaranteed to work. In order to resurrect Tiffany I need to sacrifice both of our doppelgangers, one being human, and one being a supernatural being on the year of the half-moon, which signifies that we can be an immortal human but keep our powers, that is if I do the spell and the sacrifices before it ends. That’s where our deal comes into play…I want you to make her fall in love with you so that she will come to power of the underworld, and become supernatural. You’ll have your freedom and I will be able to bring Tiffany back, it’s a win win.”

“Not for her it isn’t, what does she gain from this, she’s going to die.”

“What does it matter to you, don’t you want your freedom? Don’t you want to be able to feel again, don’t you want to be able to see your family again, don’t you want to live?” Liana said as she held the mirror in front of my face showing me my mother.

“It’s not that hard Sooyoung, just get her to fall in love with you, just that simple request then you’ll have your freedom, however there is a deadline in which I need you to do this by.  The last day of the year of the half-moon ends in two months, so if by then you haven’t done it, I’m afraid to say that because I found out a way to break the spell of the cursed ruler, the person who is ruling when the last day of the half-moon comes will stay and always be the ruler of the underworld, meaning that either its Jessica or it’s you.”

“But aren’t you going to sacrifice her? So even if I did get her to fall in love with me how will she rule the place?”

“I just need her blood, along with the blood of Tiffany’s doppelganger.”

I sat there thinking about what I should do. I really want my freedom, but does this girl deserve this?  I looked into the mirror and stared at my mother who was weak and sick. Liana broke the silence.

“Anyways I need to go and try to find Tiffany’s doppelganger, the choice is completely up to you Sooyoung, you can have your freedom or you can be trapped here forever.”

until the next chapter...