Chapter 13

Under Your Spell

SOOYOUNG POV

"Hi Jessica"

She stared at me, emotionless. Is she happy to see me? Sad? Angry? What? Why does this girl not show her feelings? I listened to her heart beat, it was beating steadily.

"Sooyoung!"

I looked behind Jessica and saw Yoona behind her, she ran and hugged me.

"What happened to you, you disappeared! Jessica was worried! Right Jess?" she turned to look but Jessica was gone.

"Hey where did she---"

"Yoon, you mind if I go in the kitchen to talk to her?"

"Oh no go ahead!"

I smile and ruffle her hair then I walk into the kitchen.

I knock on the door when I see her kneading some doe. She doesn't turn around.

"Jessica?"

"Sorry only employees can be back here."

I walked inside anyways and stood beside her.

"Sica..."

She was so concentrated and began kneading the doe harder.

"Sica..."

Still there was no response.

"Sica, look at me."

"I'm busy."

I placed my hands on top of hers, stopping her from kneading the doe anymore before it would become nothing.

"Sica...stop..."

She stopped and stared at my hands placed on top of hers.

"You come back and all you can say is hi...? Not even a how are you or better yet...Hey Sica, I'm back..."

I listened as she rambled on. "Where did you even go!? You just vanished...literally! One moment I was making soup for you then the next your glowing red! Wtf is that! And you disappeared for days! And I literally thought of the worst case scenarios...and why do I even care! I should have been happy! But I  wasn't! I was miserable...I was free from you but I was miserable. I didn’t even get to tell you thank you about Donghae and making me realize what a jerk he is, or for saving me. Now you come out of nowhere. I see you and all I get is a hi!?"

I pull her hand and pull her towards me as I circle my arms around her waist her hands rested on top of my shoulder and I slowly felt her wrap them around my neck.

"Who knew you were keeping so much inside” I chuckled.  “Want to know what else I was going to say to you before you went away? I was going to tell you I missed you, I missed you Sica."

She pulled away and looked at me. "Did you really?"

"Mmm. I did. And I have something important I want to tell you. So do you think we can talk after you work?”

She smiled “Sure.”

I will wait for you at the park a couple blocks down ok?

“Mmmmm”

She leaned in and kissed my cheek. Suddenly someone cleared their throat behind us. I turned around and saw Yoona smiling. “Looks like you guys made up, and Soo?”

“Yeah?”

“You got a little bit of powder on your cheek.”

“Eh?” I tried to wipe it off but I ended up smearing more on. Jessica laughed and then gave me a towel.

“I’ll see you after work.” She smiled. I nodded my head and headed out the kitchen.

I walked to the park and sat down on a bench. For the first time in a while I actually feel happy. I thought to myself. I waited for about an hour before I saw Jessica come.

“So what did you want to tell me?”

I lifted my hand to the sunlight and looked at them. The sun was beaming through the trees so it had specs of light spots from the sunlight and the shade from the leaves. I thought about everything. Screw Liana, this isn’t just an act anymore. I like this girl. As much as I want my freedom, I like Jessica and I can’t hurt her.

“You see Sica…I…how can I say this. Errrm, I-I like you. Not as a friend.”

She stayed there completely unmoved. Should I stop? No this is a confession, a real confession.  I continued on.

 “I’m not quite good with confessions because the last time that happened I ended up losing my life as a human and taking over the underworld. I’ve been trapped there for what it seemed like eternity, trying to find a way out. I was trying to find the person who put me through that misery, who knew that that person would be your doppelganger. At first yes I admit I just saw you as a prisoner but that was because I saw you as Liana and not Jessica. I see Jessica as a beautiful girl, who I ended up slowly falling for, and that scared the crap out of me. I haven’t felt human in forever, but when I met you I feel my humanity slowly coming back to me. I like you Jessica Jung.”

She blinked her eyes at me.

“Tsk tsk tsk, poor poor Sooyoung...”

“Jessica?”

“Uh uh uh, guess again.”

I quickly stood up. “Liana!”

“Yes, sorry I’m not your lovely Sica. Anyways I could tell that speech wasn’t fake and that you meant those words. Hmmm and I’m not stopping you the sooner you confess the sooner she confesses.”

Oh …I forgot.

Liana continued. “And you know what happens if she confesses. So go ahead, I approve.” She laughed evilly, “I knew that you’d end up falling for her, she’s my shadow self anyways.”

I scoffed “But your still two completely different people. She may look like you, but she is nothing like you.”

She twirled her hair with her fingers. “Anyways thank you Sooyoung for falling for her, this is going to turn out better and sooner than I expected.”

“Damn you Liana.” I mumbled when she slowly faded away.

I sat on the bench. I can’t confess now. If I do Jessica could end up trading places with me and I can’t let her go through that, I refuse to let her be a piece in Liana’s game.

“Soo!”

I turned around and saw Sica beaming a smile at me as she waved. I waved back and tried to plaster on a smile.

She walked towards me. “Hey!”

“Hi Sica.”

“Are you ok Soo?”

“Uhh me? Yeah I’m fine.”

“Hmmm ok? Anyways what did you want to tell me?” She nervously tucked her hair behind her ear.

I sighed. I’m sorry.

“I have to go.”

“Oh was I late, I’m sorry. Haha but ok if you have to go you have to go, you can tell me tomorrow.”

“…No Sica. There wont be a tomorrow at least not for me and you. This is my goodbye.”

“…Goodbye?...”

“Yes, I came to say goodbye, I’m setting you free. You are no longer my prisoner anymore.”

“But….why?” her eyes began to water. “Sooyoung I….I like----”

I quickly cut her off before she can say anything more that will make me want to stay more than I already do. “BECAUSE YOU NEVER MEANT ANYTHING TO ME! This was all an act! You were just a toy that I found enjoyment in.”

“That’s not true. You’re lying to me.”

“Do you really think I’m lying to you?! Why would I fall for a stupid human! We are from two complete different worlds! We could not ever be together!”

Tears streamed from her eyes. “How could you say such harsh things…?”

“This is my true self Jessica. This is the monster I am.”

I turned to walk away, when suddenly she pulled me into a back hug. “Don’t go…Please whatever reason you’re doing this to me, stop.”

I fought back my tears. I refuse to let them show, at least not now. “Goodbye Jessica.” I raised my fingers connecting my middle finger with my thumb.

“Please Soo….Please” Jessica began to sob as she pleaded me.

I closed my eyes as I felt my heart cracking into pieces as I snapped my fingers. I opened my eyes I saw home, the underworld. I fell back against the wall as I let my tears flow freely. “I’m sorry…”

AUTHOR POV

Jessica fell onto her knees after Sooyoung faded. She placed her hand over her heart and cried the pain her heart was feeling. “Why? Why did you leave? Why did you do this to me?” She asked multiple whys to herself.

 

HEY GUYS! I’m Back haha! SORRY I HAVENT UPDATED FOR A LONG TIME! ANYWAYS THE DRAMAS STARTING HEHE OK! UNTIL NEXT TIME!