Chapter 4

Under Your Spell

JESSICA POV

I woke up to find myself in a bed, I don’t remember sleeping here last night…I pulled the sheets off and felt the cool breeze hit my skin. It was a cold chilly morning. I left the room I was in and went back downstairs, there I saw the witch Sooyoung’s assistant looking at some paper work. I went up to her “Where’s Sooyoung?” I asked her. “Her majesty went to go get something, she’ll be back shortly.” Before I turned to leave I remembered that Sooyoung said her assistant was the one that took care of me so I tapped her shoulder lightly “Thank you.”

She turned to me with confusion written all over her face “For what?”

“For taking care of me, after I fainted, your master told me that you took care of me.”

She shook her head “I wasn’t the one who took care of you, it was her…I offered to do it but she wouldn’t even let me help.”

Now it was me who was confused, why would she help me, if she supposedly hates me? I walked back upstairs to the room I was in there I saw Sooyoung. “Here she tossed me a duffle bag.”

“What’s this?”

“Why don’t you open it up and look…” She said with a slight smirk on her face.

“It’s my clothes…”

“Obviously…” She scoffed at me “I went to pick them up at your apartment since you are going to be my prisoner.”

I sighed at her “When are you going to believe me when I tell you that I’m not Liana?”

She chose to ignore the question and said “I met your roommate Yoona, she’s cute…you know if you don’t want to be here I can always switch you guys and I lure her instead.”

Yoona...”What did you do to Yoona!?” she just started laughing

“Nothing…Yet.”

“Yet? Please I will do anything you want just please don’t hurt her, she has nothing to do with this.”

She laughed even more “Wow Liana, have you really changed into a human with feelings? The old Liana would have for sure taken that deal, she doesn’t care about anybody but herself.”

She left the room and locked the door. “I’ll let you out when I feel like it.” I tried opening the door and banging on it, but it wouldn’t budge. I need to get out of here….

I looked around me and saw a window. I quickly ran to it, luckily it was open. I looked around making sure that no one was behind me. I looked out the window and saw a quiet looking forest. I looked down, it wasn’t that high if I jump down. I sat on the ledge of the window and looked back at the door before I jumped. As I jumped a feeling of adrenaline rushed through my body and soon after a feeling of pain. I landed on my ankle wrong and ended up twisting it, but that wasn’t going to stop me, I need to get out of here. I ran or shall I say limped toward the forest. Before I reached it I heard Sooyoung calling me “Liana!” even though my name isn’t Liana I looked back because I knew she was referring to me. I turned my head and went inside the forest. When I stepped into there it went from a bright looking forest to a dark gloomy one.

I still kept trying to run, I ran past the tree’s and ended up falling. I squeezed my ankle because the pain was just too much to bare now. When I heard someone calling my name “Jessica, Jessica Honey where are you?” That voice it can’t be…”Mom…” I looked up and saw my mother. “Jessica…” tears began to stream down my face  I stepped back but the tree branches slithered across the floor and held my feet in place. “You’re not really here; you’re not really here…” I shook my head back and forth.  She began walking closer and then I saw a car come and hit her “No, no it wasn’t my fault I didn’t mean to!” I muffled my ears shut, I began shaking. I felt someone grip my arms “Liana, Liana open your eyes.” It was Sooyoung. She brought out her pocket knife and cut the branches off and looked at the swelling of my ankle and lifted me up.

She snapped her fingers and we were no longer in the forest. For some reason I held onto her I was still so scared of what I just saw. She pushed me off her. “What were you thinking huh?! Running into the forest like that, of all people you should know the power it possesses, it is called the Forest of Deception after all, you should have known running in there would bring back your worst memories.”

“I didn’t…I didn’t know. It looked like a safe place.”

“Looks can be deceiving, Liana…I learned that after I met you.” She walked over to the window and fully locked it.

I saw cuts all over her arm and face which were now bleeding. I limped over to her “Sooyoung you’re bleeding, let me take care of you.”

She smacked my hand away “I’m fine! I’ve been through worse because of you! Just take care of your useless pathetic self!” She said coldly and walked away. Once she locked the room door I sat on the bed and gulped hard not knowing what to say. “I know I’m not Liana, but why did it hurt so much when she said that?”

SOOYOUNG POV

“Assistant go give the prisoner food will you?” she nodded and went upstairs to Liana’s room. I laid down on the couch, because I hadn’t gotten much sleep lately when I heard loud foot steps, “AISH WHAT IS GOING ON!”

My assistant came back downstairs “Majesty she’s not in her room and her window is open, she’s heading towards the forest!”

“She’s what!?”

“Heading towards…”

“I know I heard you.” I said as I ran upstairs to her window. I saw she was almost at the Forest of deception when I called her name “Liana!” she turned back to look at me but entered anyways “God! How can she be so stupid!?” I snapped my fingers and appeared before the entrance of the forest. I sighed before I went inside.

I started running and calling her name looking for her, trying to find her as quickly as I could before I get eaten alive by my memories. I got cut along the way by the trees trying to grab onto me. Where could she have gone? I saw her shoe prints and followed them. I saw her couching down on the floor muffling her ears and shaking, I walked to her “Liana…” She pushed me away “No, leave me alone!”

“Liana open your eyes!” she barely opened them and looked at me, I saw that she was stuck in her place by the trees grabbing onto her, I pulled out my pocket knife and cut through the bark of the branches and I saw her ankle was swollen so I pulled her and held her arm and snapped my fingers and we were back at her room.

She suddenly held onto me. I pushed her off so irritated that she didn’t listen to me, I mean of all people she should have known what that forest does. She looked at me “Sooyoung, you’re bleeding let me take care of you.” She limped over and touched my face before I smacked her hand away.  I snapped at her because the stupid fool that made this happen is now trying to help me “I’m fine! I’ve been through worse because of you! Just take care of your useless pathetic self!” I walked away leaving her speechless. I locked her room door, leaving her in there with no way to get out for sure this time.

I went to my office, I sat down at the chair and pulled a mirror and looked at the cuts I had received from earlier. I sighed and put the mirror down and buried my face in my arms “GOD WHY CAN”T SHE JUST GIVE ME THE SPELL!” I yelled.

 I heard someone else breathe loudly. I lifted my face up to see Liana “Liana, how did you get here didn’t I lock you in your room?”

“Did you? Why don’t you check with your mirror.”

I picked up the mirror “Mirror show me Liana.” Off course nothing showed.

“Why don’t you try using the other name.”

“Show me Jessica.” I saw Jessica in the room I put her in, she’s still laying in bed.

“If she’s there then that means...you’re the real Liana…”

 

 

Hey guys hope you enjoyed the chapter go check out the trailer I made for it :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNsrZGlpWAA

And just read about what happened to Jessica at the airport D; My hearts literally broken after I found out what happened. Get better soon my Jessica baby