Chapter 10

Under Your Spell

AUTHORS NOTE: Hey readers, sorry I havent updated in like two weeks, I just had finals, but now I am finally done and the stress is somewhat gone hahaha. But here is today's update I made it kinda long to make up for the time I have been gone. Anyways Enhjoy~!

 

JESSICA POV

My god, I can’t believe I’m hugging Donghae right now, this must be a dream. I pulled out from the hug and he just showed his heart melting smile.

“I missed you Jessica, where have you been?”

Oh my god he missed me….have I died and gone to heaven? “Uhh, hehe I have just been busy.”

He laughed “Well alright, since you don’t seem that busy now how about we go out, we can go watch a movie or something.”

Does he even need to ask, why would I say no to that face. “Yeah I’d love to, why don’t we just let Yoona and Sooyoung know?”

He nodded his head “Sounds good.”  I smiled at him. My god I’m going to be going on a date with…

 “HAHAHA! SOOYOUNG YOU’RE SO FUNNY!” 

What the heck, why is Yoona laughing so loud, “What’s so funny?” Donghae and I asked curious of what they were talking about.

Yoona looked at Sooyoung and smiled “It’s a secret between me and Sooyoung.” Then she placed her hand on Sooyoung’s thigh. “Right Youngie?” 

“That’s right Yoon.”

What the heck is going on…they just met and yet they already have pet names for each other, freaking Yoona I’m going to kill you, I told you she’s not a good person yet here you are flirting “Youngie…? Yoon…? Since when did you guys become so close?” I said a little irritated from the way they were looking at each other.

Yoona laughed “Guess we just clicked.”

I was still a little skeptical. Did Sooyoung put a curse on her or something? Hmmm oh well, I decided to ignore it plus I don’t have time for this, I am about to go out with the man of my dreams, I shouldn’t worry about this right now. “Oh ok…that’s odd…but whatever, by the way Donghae and I are going to see a movie.”

Yoona just smiled with her stupid doe eyes. “That’s fine I can stay with Youngie.”

I clenched my teeth together, I’m getting really tired of their stupid pet names they aren’t even a couple. “But…”  I brought my fingers to quote “Youngie” Is busy aren’t you?” I glared at Sooyoung, you better freaking say yes.

I looked at Yoona, who was pouting? What the heck is she trying to show aegyo? My god she makes me want to throw up right now.

 “I am, but I can clear my schedule to hang out with Yoon.”

Ugh I can’t handle them anymore, I stormed off to the door hoping Donghae would have followed me but instead he got up to and said “Why don’t you guys join us? A double date? It will be fun!”

Double date? No freaking way. Seriously I thought he just wanted it to be us. Now he’s taking along the lovey dovey couple!? No I can’t stand them right now. “Donghae, I don’t think that’s a good idea.”

Sooyoung pulled Yoona up. “Sounds great to us! Come on Yoon.” Yoona jumped up and wrapped her hands around Sooyoung. “Let’s go Youngie!” they walked out the door leaving us behind. I saw Yoona reach her hands and entwine it with Sooyoung’s. I clenched my fists. Donghae came behind me and put his arm around me,

“They make a cute couple don’t you think?”

“Y-Yeah…the cutest.” Seriously, I knew that Sooyoung was just playing with my emotions. Kissing me like that, then brushing it off like it’s nothing, wait why do I care anyways. She’s no one.

 

SOOYOUNG POV

Yoona turned around to look at Jessica and Donghae “We’ll aren’t you guys coming?”

I saw Donghae smile, but Jessica looked as if she wanted to kill someone. Guess she didn’t want us to tag along, but doesn’t she know that her acting like this makes me want to come even more. They walked closer to us and Jessica looked at our hands, then slipped her hand into Donghae’s, she showed a teasing smile “We’re right behind you.”

I scoffed, this girl…she’s really going to challenge me. “Well then let’s get going” I said and dragged Yoona out the door. We got outside and Yoona and I were just laughing because we both knew that Jessica was jealous. She just doesn’t want to admit it. I looked behind us to see Jessica and Donghae laughing together. I sighed. Did that kiss really mean nothing to her? I mean I know I did it to shut her up, but when it happened I felt more than that. I decided to shake off the feeling. I looked at Yoona and smiled, “What’s next?”

She chuckled and said, “Jessica will crack soon at any time now, I know that right now she probably hates me, but who cares I don’t want her with Donghae, he’s played her too many times.”

I nodded my head,

“Awh Donghae you’re so sweet!” I turned to look at Jessica who was receiving a flower that Donghae picked from the floor. Jessica hugged Donghae and I swear that I saw her smirk at me. Alright two can play at that game, Jung. I stopped walking which got everyone’s attention. I let go of Yoona’s hand and bent down to pick up an undeveloped flower.  I handed the stem to her, she eyed it weirdly and laughed “You know that, it still hasn’t fully grown right?”

“Ah that’s right silly me,” I took the stem and brought it to her lips, “why don’t you blow it and see what happens.”

She raised an eyebrow at me, and formed her lips in the shape of an “O” and blew on the tip of the un-blossomed flower. The flower slowly started blossoming, into the color of a crimson red, amazing everyone.

I smiled and handed it to her, “For you.” She took it, and smelled it. “Wow, its actually real haha. How did you do that?”

I took the flower from her hands and broke off the stem and placed the flower in her hair “Guess that will be my secret.” She laughed lightly shoving my shoulder. I looked at Jessica who was just looking at us with a blank face. No signs of emotions or anything.

Donghae came behind us “Wow Sooyoung that was cool, you should teach me that one day.”

“Hahaha maybe.”… Please in your dreams pal, it took me years to master that trick.

We started walking again and Yoona whispered to me “That was a good one. I’m sure that made Jessica crazy.”

I looked at her and shook my head “Haha for the most part that was meant for you, not to make her jealous, it’s like a thank you for helping.”

She punched my arm lightly “My god you’re so sweet I’m jealous that Jessica has your heart. But no worries, glad to help.”

We arrived at the movie theater and all decided to watch the new scary movie Devil’s Due. We walked inside and were the first ones in, we took our seats. It was Donghae, Jessica, Me, then Yoona. Yoona and I were casually talking, as were Jessica and Donghae, occasionally I’d catch Jessica glancing at me.

The lights dimmed down indicating that the movie was about to start. Yoona placed her hand on mine which was on the arm rest. I saw Jessica glance at us and she hugged Donghae’s arm. Along the movie there were a bunch of scary parts I wasn’t to affected by it, I just laughed at everyone’s expression. Yoona was terrified shaking in her seat, so I put my arm around her to comfort her.

 “GAHH!”

A ghost popped out making everyone jump and scream. Jessica jumped a little while she quickly placed her hand on the armrest which my hand was already occupying. I looked at her who was not paying any attention to where her hand had been place instead she slowly slid her hand into mine. I saw her flinching, I used my special hearing ability to listen to her heartbeat, it was beating really rapidly, like it was going to explode or something. I sighed, I used my thumb to caress the back of her hand. She finally turned her gaze to look at me. I just showed her a reassuring smile and leaned in and whispered,

 “It’s just a movie, none of it is real, don’t worry I’m here.”

I just felt her grab my hand tighter. I decided to look at Donghae who wasn’t even paying attention. He was too busy shielding himself he didn’t bother to consider how scared Jessica would be. I shook my head, what a loser. You’re supposed to be protecting her idiot. Yoona noticed the situation with me and Jessica, and said “Well that was easy.” I looked at her and shook my head. She smiled “Jessica doesn’t like scary movies, but knowing that me and you would watch it of course she would come too.”

 I whispered back to her. “So this was your plan all along.”

She just showed a thumbs up, and then focused on the movie, Jessica’s grip on my hand got tighter, I continued caressing it when I felt that she was tense. Finally the movie ended and she slowly pulled her hand from mine. We kind of laughed awkwardly and she mouthed “Thanks” I just nodded my head, and walked out with Yoona. When we went outside we saw that it was raining pretty hard so we called a taxi. Once we got back to Jessica’s apartment Yoona suggested that we’d stay the night since it was raining quite hard. Donghae and I slept on the couch. I fell asleep fine, until I felt my blanket being lifted, I peeked my eyes open to see Jessica shaking.

 “Sooyoung I’m scared. I can’t sleep.”

I closed my eyes. “Jessica I told you it was just a movie.”

 “CRANG!”

The sound of the thunder was loud causing Jessica flinch a little. So she’s scared of thunder…She sighed and walked back to her room. I watched her walk lightly back to her room, and crawl onto her bed, I heard her heart beat beating rapidly and I could tell she was tossing and turning in her room. She finally settled down a bit and just looked at me from her room as I looked at her. We just stared at each other and then she turned and pulled the blanket over her when she heard the thunder.

I sighed and got up going to her room. I saw her shaking, probably from the cold weather. I pulled the blanket off and I got on the bed and laid beside her, then pulled the blanket back up. I wrapped my arms around her to stop her from shaking and she just looked at me. I closed my eyes.

“Stop staring, I will be here until you fall asleep, now go to sleep Sica.”

 She didn’t say anything and instead snuggled closer. Once she was drifting off I heard her slowly whisper in a faint voice “Soo, mianhae. I don’t want you to…” I looked at her who mumbled then fell fast asleep, she doesn’t want to what? What did she want to say?

JESSICA POV

I laid in my bed, thinking about everything that just happened. All day I was miserable, well not miserable that’s a tad dramatic, but even though I was with the guy of my dreams I wasn’t as happy as I thought I’d be. I mean, my attention was focused on Sooyoung and Yoona. Was I being protective over Yoona? Or was I jealous of her?  I thought about what happened with me and Sooyoung in the theater. I can’t believe I did that. But at the same time I don’t regret it. I feel sort of bad for being so cold to her, but how do I know if she’s just playing with me? I’m just protecting myself. But the way she comforted me in the theater I know that she was actually being genuine, I just wish I could read her mind, and figure her out, figure out her intentions.

When we got home, I couldn’t sleep. I was slightly still scared, I don’t watch scary movies, I hate them, but there was no way I would let Yoona and Sooyoung watch that alone. The rain was pouring and the thunder was loud, and didn’t help with my situation. I hated thunder. I sighed. I looked out my door, which can easily see into the living room, on the couch I saw Sooyoung sleeping peacefully.

“CRANG!”

The sound of the thunder was getting closer. I quickly got up and headed towards the living room. I went to Sooyoung and pulled her blanket. She slowly opened her eyes.

“Sooyoung I’m scared. I can’t sleep.”

She closed her eyes back, “Jessica I told you it was just a movie.”

“CRANG!”

 I flinched to the loud sound…that’s not the full reason of why I’m scared. I walked back to my room, I’m terrified. I crawled on my bed and tried to get comfortable. I finally settled a little and stopped moving, only to see that Sooyoung was looking at me from the couch. I looked at her back as well and we just stared for a while until I pulled the blanket up to cover myself because the thunder was roaring outside. Out of all nights why tonight?

I was shaking, in my blanket from the cold weather. Then I felt something on my bed, and the blanket was pulled off from me. I looked to see Sooyoung, she laid down beside me and wrapped her arm around me I just looked at her. She closed her eyes refusing to look back at me.

 “Stop staring, I will be here until you fall asleep, now go to sleep Sica.”

Sica…I like that. I didn’t say anything and snuggled closer. I felt myself drifting off. I self-consciously whispered the thoughts that had been in my head all night “Soo, mianhae. I don’t want you to…”