Chapter 16

Under Your Spell

JESSICA POV

I stretched and yawned as I hugged my empty bedside. “Hmmm…” wait…empty bedside?? Sooyoung…I jolted up and opened my eyes seeing the ruffled bed sheets as it was only me lying in that bed waking up alone when I fell asleep with her. She lied…she left…again…I hugged my knees as my eyes began to get teary. I asked her to stay…and she, she vanished. Not even a goodbye.

I closed my eyes as I inhaled and exhaled deeply. It’s fine its not like your not used to it right Jessica. She saved you last night you should be thankful. Now she’s gone you cant get mad at her for that. I sighed and laid back down as I touched the empty space that was occupied by the girl who I have fallen in love with…the so called monster that I had fallen in love with. I shut my eyes as I wanted to just drift back to sleep.

“Jessica get up.” Yoona called as she went into my room.

I groaned in return “Errrr…leave me alone.”

“I’ll get her Yoon.” Suddenly a voice rang through my ear and straight to my heart.

I felt a hand lightly shake my shoulder. “Jessica..Sica, wake up I made breakfast. Hurry before Yoona eats it all.”

My heart throbbed. Each one filled with joy and relief. I sat up and quickly pulled her to my embraced as I hugged her ever so tightly.

“Yah…whats with the hug?”

“I-I thought you left…”

She finally reacted and locked her hands together as she hugged me back. “I told you I would be here when you wake didn’t I?”

I nodded my head that was buried in the crook of her neck.

“And I’m here right?”

I nodded my head again.

“So come eat breakfast.”

I shook my head.

“Yah…haha I’m hungry I know you are too since your tummy growled in your sleep, plus Yoona told me you haven’t been eating so come and eat breakfast with me.”

I interrupted her sentence. “Then- “

She interrupted mine right back. “Then we’ll talk.”

I nodded my head as I went outside with her. Yoona cheekily smiling while eating pancakes.

“Youngie, these pancakes are great!”

“Thanks Yoon” She ruffled her hair. “There’s plenty so eat up."

“You.” Sooyoung pointed at me. “You sit here.” She opened the chair and I smiled as I sat down. “I’ll set you a plate.”

She went into the kitchen and left Yoona and I alone. “Pst…when did…you know, you guys bump into each other.”

“Long story Yoona.”

She nodded her head. “Well as long as your happy again I’m happy.” She smiled.

Sooyoung handed me a plate full of food. “Sooyoung…this is too much.”

She shook her head. “No it isn’t. If you want that talk later you have to eat it all. Arra?”

“But..”

“No but Sica. Eat.”

I nodded my head. It’s true I haven’t been eating well these past few days since I haven’t been in the mood to. I looked at Sooyoung sip her coffee. “Arent you going to eat too?”

She shook her head. “Not hungry.”

I pouted at her. “But your making me eat so you should eat too….”

She laughed. “I’m fine with my coffee.”

I sighed and cut a piece of pancake and placed the fork in front of her. “Ahhh…”

“Jessi—“

“Ahhh.”

She side as she put her coffee cup down. “Ahhhh…” she ate the pancake and smiled. “Thank you.”

I forked at the eggs and brought it to her lips. “Ahhh.”

She pouted at me “Aish, Ahhh..” she ate the eggs and I smiled happily. “What about you?”

“Hmmm?” I played innocent.

“Don’t hmmm me, your distracting me. You need to eat to.”  She grabbed Yoona’s fork. As she took my plate.

“YAH!” Yoona laughed as she shouted.

“Get a new fork Yoon, Princess needs to eat since she’s being stubborn.” She said to Yoona.

She cut a  slice of pancake and added some eggs and placed it in front of me. “Ahhh.”

I shook my head cutely and she looked at her seriously. “Ahhh.”

I chuckled and nodded my head. “Fine fine, Ahhh.” That was the most delicious bite of any food I’ve ever had in my life. I thought as I swallowed everything.

After breakfast Yoona excused herself since she was going to go hang out with her friend Yuri. Sooyoung and I were sitting on my bed silently looking at each other.

She sighed. “Jessica, I’m sorry.”

“Why…why did you Sooyoung…”

“I was trying to protect you…”

“You ended up being the one to hurt me Sooyoung.”

“I know, but…but it was Liana.”

“You saw her?” I suddenly asked when I heard her name slip into the picture.

“Mmm…”

“What did she do"

“Welll uh…” Sooyoung nervously scratched her head

“The whole story Sooyoung…”

“Ok ok, So when I came back from saving you from that forest. Liana was waiting for me in my office, and she told me that if I could make you fall in love with me that I would be free….” She explained everything to me up into the point where Liana impersonated me at the park.

“So that’s why you left, and why you were so cruel.” I said

She nodded. “But it was nothing like that Jessica. I admit that yes in the beginning that all I wanted was to be free and I didn’t care what happened to you. But as I got to know you and the more I was around you, I started to fall in love with you. Not because you looked like her. No. I like you because you were really the girl who I was supposed to fall in love with. Liana was pretending her sincerity was all fake. Yours is all real. I liked you the moment I took your first kiss. Ever since then I haven’t been to think correctly, I was lost from whether it was just acting anymore or if I really felt that way. I really am in love with you Jessica and I am an idiot for leaving you that night. I realize now that I should have stayed to protect you because now I got you involved in this twisted story.”

Listening to her how could I not forgive her? She made her way back into my heart just like that. I love her too. “Sooyoung I lo—“

Sooyoung’s eyes went wide as she placed her hand over my mouth. “Jessica don’t…” She removed her hands.

“What do you mean.”

“Didn’t you pay attention to the story…You cant say those words at all to me. If we stay together you cant.”

I nodded my head. “Well then can I show you?”

“Hmmmm?” She said.

I grabbed a white piece of paper and a pen and I scribbled “I love you too Sooyoung.” On it and showed her.

That’s when she smiled and grabbed the paper and pen from me as she scribbled something on it. What was she scribbling?

She turned the paper to me and it read. “Can I kiss you now?” and had a check box for yes or no. I grabbed the pen and checked the yes box as I smiled and took the paper from her hands and I jumped onto her as she fell back onto the bed and kissed her ever so passionately.

After a couple minutes of kissing, we stopped. She turned to me and tilted her head. “So does this mean we’re together now?”

I tapped the tip of her nose as she scrunched her face up cutely. “Yes.”