Drowned and Drunk

Ever Enough
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

She threw herself to her bed and the new bedcover smell immediately penetrated her nostrils. She had not moved in for two days, but she had started liking the peace she had here. No parents, no questions, no worried faces when she went home crying. Yes, she thought, what living alone for her was peace. There would be no one to interfere her situation. Not that she did not like it when her family or friends were around, but when she was heart-broken, she did not want to scream on their face with tears. She would want to go home and cry on her own.

If you had not known, she had moved in to an all-doctors apartment provided by the hospital where she worked. She had Sehun picked her from the airport and he had suggested her to move in after she told him her story. Her parents approved it, so she worried nothing and directly moved in. It was basically what she needed right now, though. Her mind was literally a mess of thoughts and emotions, and she needed a total silence to settle down. Although still, she would always have Jongin there everytime she closed her eyes, and out of nowhere, her mind and heart went crazy again. Yea, she had said goodbye to him, but she missed him as soon as she arrived in  Seoul.

The sound of the bell broke into her thoughts. She sighed harshly. She wished all people could just open the door for themselves because she was just too lazy to get up and do it for them. And whoever it was ringing her bell, they needed a real good reason for coming over uninvited.

Limping, she walked toward the door and the bell started up again as she reached the door. She jerked it open and the heart she had thought was numb slammed hard against her chest in one painful thud as her eyes automatically connected with a pair of familiar black orbs which she used to be crazy about. (well, she still did until now)

Jongin was standing outside her door with hands in his pockets. She wanted to smile at the fact that he, too, could not stand the strong chilly wind of winter, but she held it back. She did not expect to see him this soon. How had he known to get here?

            “How- why are you here?” She asked, keeping her distance. She could smelled faint alcohol coming from him.

            “Because you are here.” He replied, looking pained.

Oh Lord, how was she going to get through this again? Seeing him and knowing she could not have him were already a torture. And now, she knew in that damaged heart of hers, that it would take a little more than forever for her to look into his eyes and not getting affected.

No, seriously, why was he here?

            “I bet your parents had told you I came to see you yesterday at theirs, am I wrong?” He said.

Surely, they had. They told her that Jongin directly stopped over their house as soon as he landed safely in Seoul. She was pleasantly surprised that he cut the trip short and had come to look for her. It literally made her day. But, still, it did not help her sadness, knowing she could not have him all for herself. And if he came here without any clear vision about their relationship, then this would be the real end of them because she hated sharing.

Even then, Huisoo could read what his face was trying to tell her. They were not done. This was not finished. In spite of it, she felt quiet, silent on the inside. It was not something she expected but it was as if she had nothing to say to him. But, she had nowhere to go. She had to face him and the truth of what had brought him here.

            “Come inside.” She commanded and quickly took many steps away to make way for him. That way so she would not have problem with being in a short distance with him. She still could not believe her heart. She needed to control herself.

So, Jongin followed her inside until they reached her pantry. He made himself comfortable by hopping onto the stool, only to have Huisoo shoving an empty cup toward him. He watched her rustling here and there from the counter before she came to him and filled his cup with warm vanilla milk to the fullest. One thing he liked about her was her maturity and her high tolerance of ugly walking thing like him. Instead of shutting him out like other people would do when they were broken-hearted, she accepted him with big heart although he had put her into hell.

“You know it’s only you who likes vanilla, I don’t.” He said, trying to be cool with the fact that they were finally in each other company.

            “I could have slammed my door on you earlier, but I kindly serve you a warm cup in this cruel winter. Are you still going to complain or are we good?” Huisoo snarled, unlike the Huisoo that he expected. He shrugged.

“I am good.” He assured her before taking one sip from his cup just so he would not have to face her glare. She was trying to make sure that he did not throw the vanilla liquid to the sink. She knew how subtle he could be sometimes.

He watched her take another stool across him and managed to catch a hint of awkwardness through her unsure movements. Out of nowhere, he began to smile to himself. He missed her and he was awfully happy to see her now. It was not like he did not try not to thinking about her, but it was almost impossible. He missed her laughter, her hug, her hesitation, and  her careless comebacks when they debated on something weird. Moreover, her scornful face when she did not get to win the debate. Dear God, how he missed sparring words with her.

“You still have your ring.” He twittered, then she immediately looked down to her finger, to where their engagement ring wrapped beautifully. In one flash move, she took it off and put the silver thing on the counter, then back to face him only to find him chuckling. Oh, she thought it was an insult.

“I was going to ask you to take it off, though.” He said while showing her his plain fingers. There was no ring there.

It was cruel and it hurt. Crap, how it hurt. She had been stupid to let her guard down, to let her heart get involved, to let her feeling for him flourish again. Moreover, to let him in. Because even after she had found out that he was seeing his ex-, never did once she saw him without ring. So, what was it now?

The male giggled. She was not happy and he knew it, but, that was what he did it for.

“I got us new rings, by the way.”

She beamed at once when he pulled out a tiny black box from his slack pocket which she assumed to be their so-called new rings. He opened it for her, and she was right. Inside was laying a pair of silver rings. A small sparkling gem was affixed on top of one of the rings that she supposed belonged to a woman wearer.

He watched her reaction with mixed feelings. She did not move for the longest moment it drove him crazy. He felt like his heart leapt with wondrous emotions. She was still the same Han Huisoo who was easily impressed by little things and it was almost impossible not to like her because her grace, her tenacity, and her drive only made the somersault inside his stomach worsened. The feeling was so gorgeous that it almost felt like sadness.

“You like it, I know.” He nodded to himself as he took another sip on the vanilla milk. He still did not like the taste, but if sipping it would ease his nervousness, he was going to do it all night.

“Wait,” She said and he immediately lifted his eyes, “What about- ”

“Just take it first,” He said, “You’re not telling me to do it for you, are you?”

She scoffed. It was not funny at all, but, she found herself reaching out to the box and took the one ring with gem on top of it. She puckered her lips in hesitation. What was it all of a sudden? What was he planning?

Before really attaching it to her finger, she asked him once again.

            “Are you sure you want me to have this instead of-?”

            “I said take it.” He roared. He really just wanted her to quickly wear it. The feeling was absolutely crazy he had no idea why.

This was totally not

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter