Inward Anxiety

Ever Enough
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Huisoo was the first to woke up early in the following morning although her eyes were too heavy and swollen from the crying scene last night. She blinked twice, trying to cope with the new surrounding that she came to get used to as she succeeded in gaining herself. She drew an amount of air to her lungs.

            “Hhh...” She sighed.

The house felt strangely cold, and the feeling of emptiness was hard to deny.

Still, she rolled off out of the bed to wash up. She changed into the same outfit that she wore the day before. She brushed her locks tenderly before pulling it up to a messy bun. She was not in her own room, so no beauty equipments and she did not want unwanted strands to stick out, so yeah. Only after she felt contented with her display look, she proceeded outside.

            “Inhwa, come here.”

She heard someone was calling from upstairs and actually saw Jongin ordered his sister from upstairs when the youngest was busy gathering her books that were neatly organized on the tv room’s table.

Well, looks like she was wrong about the first one to wake up.

           “Can you just come down here? I am almost late.” Inhwa said as a matter of fact while stuffing those books into her purple backpack.

Huisoo looked around only to find her fiancé walking his way downstairs. She raised a brow.

           “Morning, Han.” He said when he passed by her. She responded with a nod.

Only then Inhwa was aware of her presence. “Hi, Unnie, did you sleep well?”

With that question, Huisoo and Jongin shared an awkward look.

           “Uh, of course.” She smiled as she watched him already standing in front of the school girl, waiting for her to finish her doing.

            “What are you doing?” Huisoo finally asked him, could not stand her confusion.

Suddenly, the walking travesty walked into the room with a glass of milk for the youngest and turned every heads in the room by his statement. “Jongin Hyung can’t tie.”

            “Really?” Huisoo chuckled.

Jongin tossed his head, slightly irritated by her, “What? So, can you?”

She rolled her eyes before nodding twice and motioned him to come closer.

            “You can go now, Unnie will do the tie.” She told Inhwa right away since their driver was already waiting outside. Deep inside, she regretted oversleeping and not able to wake Inhwa and Sejong up for school. Thank’s to the charity show last night.

Jongin sway a piece of thin clothing before her eyes. She directly took it and tiptoed to his height, wrapping the soft satin around his neck. She patiently bound the tie here and there without word being uttered to each other, while he stuck his eyes onto the tv screen.

           “Where are you staying tonight?” She asked as she stepped backward to see her masterpiece before she pulled a contented smile, satisfied with her work.

He turned to face her again. “Which one is better? I need to think alone.”

He was going to say the answer straightly, but since she had asked, he decided to be less of a jackass  by asking her opinion although it won’t change anything.

She shrugged. “Office it is.”

           “...Why?” He asked as he climbed upstairs again, leaving her standing in the middle of the room.

           “My schedule is a little bit... you know, stuffy today. I was thinking to leave the kids to you.” She replied.

           “You know that’s impossible, right?” He stopped. “That’s fine, at least you come over at night.”

           “I- I can’t.” She replied. “It’s my night shift.”

He heaved a sigh before started walking again. “Your choice.”

           “Jongin,” She called out as she watched his back, “YaH, Kim Jongin.”

There he went again. It had been a while since the last time he was at his original sense; a fool of worrying; ignorant as in her words.

Nevertheless, she laughed at it and claimed it was not bad enough for someone like him. She knew well how moody he can get more than that, and how harder he could be to handle more than this. And what? She had to deal with it.

Life is impossible. She chuckled.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Jongin was assisted by his personal secretary (also his father’s secretary in early years), Kim Hyoyeon. She was typing while he was flipping through pages. Only now (one day before the actual meeting) he could let someone to get his/her hand on his stuff. If it was not because the due day was a day ahead, he probably had done it by himself like he usually would.

Really, he just found it hard to trust other people to do important things for him. He had this belief to do things by himself to control the quality of the results. Therefore, when things turned out good or bad, he would only have himself to be praised or to be blamed.

He had completed all the presentation slides and general reports. And he also had prepared a secret weapon in advance

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter