Chapter 9

Day time: Like a Human. Night time: Like a Monster

 

Before I reached the door, another girl said,

“Well, you still better stay away from the rest of the boys! I see that you’ve been hanging around them a lot lately! You’ve been coming to school and leaving school with them! That isn’t fair!”

The other girls joined in.

“Yeah! You’re especially close to Sandeul oppa!”

“And my Jinyoungie oppa!”

Once I walked out of the classroom, both Sandeul oppa and Baro oppa were leaning against the wall waiting for me.

“Are you ready for lunch? I’m starved!” Sandeul oppa cheerfully asked me.

“Of course! Let’s go!” I smiled and linked arms with the both of them. We were about to walk into the cafeteria. A few feet away from there, we already heard girls screaming. Looks like everyone else had just entered before us.

*Aishhh…. I’m really starting to get tired of them screaming…*

Baro looked at me,

*Ehh… You get used to it after possibly a year.*

*A-A year?! Omo… I’m going to go deaf if this keeps happening!!!*

Baro oppa opened the cafeteria doors for us, and all of the sudden, a bucket of water fell from the door, landing on my head. I inhaled, keeping my cool and not letting the tears fall. I pulled the bucket off of my head and tossed it over my shoulder. Everyone except Baro, Sandeul, CNU, Jinyoung and Gongchan laughed at me.

Baro told me in my thoughts,

*Unlink arms with Sandeul hyung for a minute…*

*Okay…* I unlinked arms with Sandeul oppa.

Baro oppa shot a charismic glare at all of the students. That seemed to shut them up. They all looked at us with confused expressions. He wrapped an arm around my waist and announced,

“Erin-ah is my girlfriend now. If any of you, boy or girl, dare to even mess with her, I will find out who messed with her and deal with you… Personally.”

I saw a hint of redness in his eyes, when he said ‘Personally’ which meant that he was truly angry now. There was now a deathly quiet silence in the air. Baro oppa took off his hoodie and put it around my shoulders. I secretly smiled. The hoodie smelled like him. I re-linked arms with Sandeul oppa as Baro oppa held my hand. As we walked, CNU clapped twice yelling,

“Everybody! Get back to what you were doing prior to what had just happened!”

He stared at everyone, manipulating their minds telling them to forget the incident and get back to eating. We walked over to them and I mumbled,

“Thank you, CNU oppa… For making them forget everything. And thank you Baro oppa for standing up for me.”

CNU smiled at me comforting,

“It’s not a problem, Erin-ah. Whenever you need help, don’t hesitate to ask me for it.”

“Neh…”

Baro oppa looked at me and said,

“You deserved to be stood up to. You can’t let any girls bully you. That’s just wrong.”

I smiled and started to grab some food. As we finished with selecting our food, we went to our usual table. I sat in between Baro oppa and Sandeul oppa.

“Sandeul oppa?”

“Neh?”

“Do you mind drying my clothes?”

He looked at me funny for a couple of seconds.

“…..Oh! I never thought of it that way, but sure! Let’s finish eating first!”

We finished eating our food in ten minutes, and I told Baro oppa what I planned to do with Sandeul oppa and he nodded, letting me go with his trust. Sandeul oppa and I walked out of the cafeteria and went to a deserted part of the school. Sandeul smiled and evilly asked,

“Erin-ah! Are you ready to feel some HEAT?!?!”

I laughed at his silliness and answered,

“Neh!” I took off Baro oppa’s hoodie.

He brought a flame into his palm and put it near my wet clothing. He also intensified the sunlight a little so that it was shining brightly on me. The wet parts started to dry due to the heat from the flames and sunlight. I decided to let my thoughts wander for a while. About my weird dream last night. I remembered something about one of the handsome guys. I remembered that one of them had red hair. He seemed to stick out more. Twenty minutes later, only the bottom of my shirt was damp.

“Thank you, oppa. I think it can dry off by itself now.”

The fire disappeared from his palm and he smiled.

“It’s not a problem! Let’s go back now!”

I put Baro oppa’s hoodie back on and we skipped to the cafeteria together and unlinked our arms when we opened the door. This time everyone was minding their own business and we walked to our table. We continued in conversations until the bell rang. Baro oppa and Sandeul oppa walked me to class. Baro oppa kissed my cheek and hugged me saying,

“I don’t wanna leave…”

“But class is about to start! You’re going to be late!”

He pouted and said,

“Fine~ I’ll go.”

I giggled and pinched his cheeks.

“You’re so cute!”

“Yah! Don’t do that to me!”

“Why not~?” I pouted,

“Because I hate it when people do that…. If you continue to do that, I won’t use aegyo around you anymore!”

“Awww… Fine!”

We stood there for another minute hugging each other until I said,

“You should go now,”

“Fine… I’ll see you later.”

“Wait, did you want your hoodie back?”

“It’s okay, you can return it to me after school.”

“Okay! I’ll see you after school!”

“Neh… Saranghae, I love you~” He signed me a heart above his head, smiling before he pecked me on the lips and turned around to walk to his class.

I smiled and entered my classroom before the bell rang. I sat in my seat and looked out of the window as I had a conversation with Baro oppa in my head. Throughout the lecture, I kept on getting hateful glares from fan girls. Along with the usual hate notes being passed to me, which I didn’t bother to look at. All I did was crumple it up and toss it into my backpack to throw away for later.

*So… what are you doing now, in class?* Baro oppa asked in my head.

*Just ignoring the teacher. He’s so boring… Ouch!* A pencil was thrown at my head by a fangirl.

*Are you alright Erin-ah? What happened?*

*Neh… One of your stupid fangirls just threw a pencil at my head.*

A few seconds passed and he didn’t respond. I got bored and looked around and saw the fangirl. She was in a daze and looked slightly scared. A minute later, Baro oppa came back into my head.

*You shouldn’t be bullied by that girl anymore…*

*Why? Did you say something to her?*

*….Maybe….*

*What did you say to her?!*

*I pretended to be her male conscience. She shouldn’t be bullying you anytime soon.*

I chuckled in the middle of the lecture, earning weird stares from the people sitting around me. I mouthed,

“Sorry!” to them and they just shrugged and refocused on the lesson.

I got excited for the end of school. I was going to hang out with Baro oppa! All of the excitement made the rest of my classes seem longer. But then again, Baro oppa was talking with me through thoughts, which made the classes seem a lot less boring. School finally ended and the stupid fangirls cornered me. The one who liked Baro oppa glared and asked,

“Why are you wearing MY Baro oppa’s hoodie?!”

Another girl pointed out,

“OMO! She’s not even wearing her own clothing! Isn’t that the same outfit that Baro oppa wore last week on Tuesday?!”

I frowned at them.

“Like I said, he confessed to me and put it over me during lunch! Plus, I know that you were the one who set up the bucket of water! I’m wearing his clothes because all of mine were in the wash and I didn’t have any extras.”

“That’s not a good enough excuse-“

“When will you finally realize that we’re together?! We’re in a relationship now!”

She rose her hand getting ready to slap me. I closed my eyes, waiting for the impact, but it didn’t hit me. I heard it hit somebody else. I opened my eyes to see Baro oppa standing in front of me. It turned out that Baro oppa pushed the other girls away, and ended up getting slapped by the girl, herself. She gasped in shock.

“B-Baro oppa…? W-when did you get here?”

“Just in time to pick up my date.”

The fangirl’s eyes sparkled,

“Y-you mean m-me?”

Baro oppa looked at her emotionlessly.

“No. I mean my girlfriend, Erin-ah.”

He turned his head to look at me and smile. Then he grabbed my hand and we started to walk away. He paused after a few steps. He turned around and glared at the girl,

“By the way,”

The girl looked up, looking hopeful.

“Don’t call me oppa.”

Before the girl could say anything, he pulled me away smirking. We went home first and dropped off our school stuff and he took me to a café. We had an after-school snack together. Our waiter was an elder lady and she sat us at a private booth. After we ordered and she brought our food, she smiled at us and said,

“You two look like a lovely young couple. The both of you are adorable.” I smiled back at her,

“Thank you.”

We ate and had a quiet conversation together as we shared a sandwich. He kept on feeding me, which I thought was really sweet. A couple of times, I tried feeding him, but he refused so I had to use aegyo to convince him. After we finished, we took a walk in the park and got some ice cream. The day was very well spent together. Even though a few girls tried to flirt with him, he just ignored them and paid full and complete attention to me.

After a few more hours of spending our time alone, we finally went home. The others were home just staring off into space. They ‘woke up’ when they heard the door open.

“Thank god you’re home! We were going to die of boredom without you, Erin-ah!”

Sandeul oppa pouted. I smiled at him and pat his head saying,

“Well, I’m home now!”

He grinned and pulled me over to the couch where everyone else was sitting (including Baro). He let go of my arm and sat down on the floor. Baro oppa was sitting on the couch and pulled me onto his lap. I felt myself blush. He smirked and turned my head towards him and kissed me on the lips.

*Gosh darn it, oppa! Are you trying to make my blushing even worse?!*

*Yup!*

He pulled away from me and the others were staring at us.

“….What?” I innocently asked.

“….” They continued to stare.

Baro oppa answered for me,

“They didn’t think that I had the guts to kiss you in front of them!”

“Oh…”

That afternoon we spent our time talking and snacking on little things that Jinyoung oppa made or bought from the store. Dinner time came and Jinyoung oppa announced,

“I’m too lazy to cook tonight. Let’s go out.”

All of us agreed and we went to a nearby restaurant. I sat in between Baro oppa and CNU oppa. We happily ate together, having some mini kick fights under the table, but none of it got very rough. After maybe a half an hour, all of us were full. Since it was night time already, Baro oppa, Sandeul oppa, CNU oppa and Gongchan needed to go hunting. So I was left with Jinyoung oppa. We took a stroll in a park and then sat down at a bench to let our stomachs rest.

“Yah, Jinyoung oppa?”

“Neh?”

“How can you eat so much-“

“And not get fat?” he guessed.

I smiled and nodded. He answered,

“I’m not really sure… Maybe I’m just special! :D”

Suddenly, his phone started ringing. He looked apologetic and said,

“I need to answer this.”

I nodded and he walked away and he wasn’t in sight. I sighed and swung my legs back and forward for a few minutes until I heard a little girl yell,

“Umma!!! Where are you?..... Umma?”

*Poor girl, she’s probably lost.*

She walked over to me and asked,

“Have you seen my umma?”

“No, I don’t think so. There’s nobody else here. Did you need help?”

She nodded and gave me a slip of paper. I opened it to see an address.

“That’s my home. I don’t know the way back, can you please help?”

“Of course I can!”

*Although, I shouldn’t leave without Jinyoung oppa… But then this address isn’t that far from here, so I should be back soon.*

I stood up and she held my hand as I searched for the street. I was right, it turned out to be not very far from the park that we were at. I walked her to the doorstep and she knocked on the door. A minute passed and nobody answered. She knocked again and suddenly, the door whipped open. Without hesitating, the girl ran into the house, past the person who opened the door. I looked up to see who opened the door. It was a guy around my age, maybe a little older. His skin tone seemed to be a bit paler than mine and he had red hair. Just like the guy in my dream… A smirk was plastered on his handsome face.

“Why, hello there.” 

 

 

HEYYYY!!! I'm back from a mini vacation!!! :D :D :D How did you like this chapter?!??!!? plz subscribe and comment! it makes me happy! :D and motivation to keep writing!