Chapter 18

Day time: Like a Human. Night time: Like a Monster

 

“W-What?”

“Yeah, you heard right, we have no idea where he is right now.”

I looked away, lost in my thoughts as Jinyoung oppa sat beside me. He gazed at me, and I took notice that everyone’s eyes were bright red. They were thirsty!

“What happened to you guys when you got kidnapped?”

Gongchan oppa answered,

“Well, we were brought to a large room that was full of the scent of blood… We hadn’t drank any for days, and we were stuck fighting Beast. But we were at a disadvantage since we didn’t drink any blood.”

“And I’m guessing that when you don’t drink blood, you slowly become weaker and weaker?”

“Neh.”

Jinyoung oppa looked at all of my injuries and said,

“Those are some pretty nasty burns! How did you get those?”

“One of those guys that brought me in here can control blue fire… and they threatened to hurt me if I didn’t tell them any details about Baro oppa’s curse.”

“Baro-ah has a curse?”

“I don’t think he wants me to tell anybody about it yet…”

“Oh, I understand… Well, let’s get you all patched up!”

He lightly grabbed my wrist and with his other hand, he started to slowly heal my broken arm. It took a while, but I didn’t mind. I finally asked,

“If all of you guys are vampires, then how come you can’t bust yourselves out of here?”

Sandeul oppa answered,

“The half vampire, half wizard guy from Beast put a spell on this prison so that no creature can get in or out of here unless Beast and MBLAQ throw them in or pull them out. So basically, this prison can’t be broken into or out of.”

“Not even humans?”

“….I don’t know! Maybe you can break us out!”

“Maybe…. But maybe after I’m healed, I can try.”

“Neh…”

Jinyoung oppa moved onto the 3rd degree burn on my arm.

It took about five to heal those. There was one on my shoulder blade and he had to lift my shirt, only to reveal more injuries.

“Aish… Erin-ah, you’re always getting hurt. And what are you doing here in the first place?!”

“I know, I know, but it’s not really my fault… and to answer your question, SHINee brought me here. They didn’t want me to be left at home where vampires could attack me with no protection.”

“I suppose that’s the better way… But they could’ve left you with other friends of ours… Aish, oh well. It’s too late for that now.”

A half an hour of a long conversation and healing passed by. When he was just about finished, he took one last check on my body. He gazed at my neck,

“OMO! HOW DID YOU-” he paused, holding in his panic, and waving off all of the stares.

He calmly asked,

“How did you get that curse mark on your neck!!!!?”

I looked away and said,

“It was a blonde guy named Yoseob… I’m guessing that it’s the same guy who put the spell on this prison.”

Now everyone in the cell was staring at me. Everyone in B1A4 widened their eyes. I heard them silently curse.

CNU oppa asked,

“Erin-ah, do you know what the curse does? It looks like a new curse… None of us have seen it before.”

“Nope… I have no idea what it does…”

Suddenly the door from above opened, and some people came in. I recognized one as Yoseob and Kikwang. They walked over to the cell and just stood there. Yoseob smirked,

“You want to know what the curse mark does? I’ll show you.”

His eyes turned to a fire looking orange.

Suddenly, the part that said ‘Torture’ on the curse mark turned the same color and started burning my skin. I screamed and put a hand over my neck. I fell over to my side. The rest of the curse mark also started turning orange. The oppas scrambled to help me, but nothing helped. Soon enough, it got worse and it felt like there were knives stabbing into my neck. The place where ‘Torture’ was written, started to bleed as the ends of the curse mark started spreading itself. I can feel everyone’s bloodthirsty eyes on me. At that moment, I was in so much pain that I just wanted to die on the spot. The curse mark slowly burned its way up my neck, onto one side of my face, down onto my shoulder and collarbone and onto my arm. It felt like a thousand needles were pricking at my skin at the same time as a burning sensation.

“O-Oppas…….”

“Neh?” they asked in unison.

“Th-The curse mark… it really hurts and burns!”

Gongchan oppa scowled at the burning curse mark and lightly sprinkled water on it. It lightly steamed but it didn’t ease any of my pain. I heard panting from some of the nearby vampires.

*They’re losing themselves because of my spilled blood…*

I saw the two vampires from earlier, and they were holding back as the vampires next to them panted. Finally, they attacked me, but Sandeul oppa blocked them for me. More vampires started attacking as the others grew tense. I was currently being defended by B1A4, and I slowly crawled over to the rails of the cell. The curse mark just worsened as I got closer to Yoseob’s physical body.

“Y-Yoseob… P-please stop this!”

He rose a brow at me and asked,

“Had enough torture already?”

“N-Neh... Please s-stop it…”

The orange color in his eyes slowly faded as the curse mark slowly receded back to my neck and turned back to its black color along with the pain residing. The word ‘Torture’ on my neck stopped bleeding. The vampires in the cell were still going crazy since I still had fresh blood on my clothes.

Kikwang said,

“Since we were feeling nice, we decided to bring you some friends.”

The door from above opened once more and I heard people struggling.

“YAH! Don’t touch me!”

“Aish!! SHUT UP, will ya?!”

“NO! How many times do I have to keep nagging you to quit shoving me?!”

“Key umma… I think Erin-ah is in here.”

It sounded like Taemin oppa.

“I smell Erin-ah’s blood… I wonder what happened?” That seemed to be Jonghyun oppa’s voice.

The cell’s door opened and five figures were thrown in.

“SHINee oppas!”

“Erin-ah!”

They zoomed over and engulfed me in an enormous group hug. Jonghyun oppa and Key umma were the first ones to hug me. I was lightly panting in recovery from the curse mark. Everyone pulled away from me. Jonghyun oppa asked,

“Erin-ah, it looks like you were bleeding! What happened?”

Before I could say anything Yoseob answered,

“She had her first encounter with her curse mark. She can survive it, but will always be in pain if it turns active.”

They left us and I had to explain everything that had happened while I was gone.

“Aish!!! I’m such a bad oppa! I couldn’t get to you in time!”

“Oppa, it’s alright! At least I’m still alive, right?”

I gave him my big puppy eyes, slightly using aegyo.

He just stared back at me silently. Five seconds later he sighed and pinched my cheeks saying,

“Aish… Alright, alright… What can I do with you being so adorably cute?”

“Yah! Don’t pinch my cheeks!”

“Don’t ‘Yah’ me! I’m your oppa!”

I rolled my eyes at him as Key umma said,

“Yah, both of you! Stop bickering, and let’s start forming a plan on how to get out of here to save Baro!”

“Neh…” the both of us sighed.

B1A4 finally managed to calm the vampires who couldn’t control themselves. The ten of us gathered in a circle and started planning. I knew the other vampires in the cell were listening to our plan, and we included them in it. We finally put the plan into action. I had to put up an act and make it look believable. Meaning, I might have needed to look all gross and bloody… Yeah, gross meaning bloody. So in order for me to put an act, I needed blood to be smeared on my body. So, (coughs), Sandeul oppa’s blood was wiped onto me. He still had open wounds and we had to pretend that we were fighting earlier. I laid down at the metal bars, wrapping an arm around a few.

A guard passed by and I whimpered,

“M-Mister Guard….”

He stopped and glared at me,

“What is it, human?”

“D-Do y-you have any food? A-And another cell?!”

“I forgot about that humans need to eat… And why do you need another cell? This one looks fine.”

“I-I’m really scared in here… That one over there,” I pointed to Sandeul oppa who pretended to drool and stared at my neck thirstily as CNU oppa and Jinyoung oppa held his arms back and Gongchan oppa had his arms around his neck.

“H-He tried to bite me! I-It was so scary! And everyone else in here looks like they want to bite me or rip my body to pieces. Good thing the others who don’t seem as crazy, fought him and got him away from me!”

He stared at me for a moment, deep in thought.

 “I suppose I can move you and get you some food, but I need to notify the masters first and Rain.

“T-Thank you, Mister Guard!”

He nodded silently and vanished as another guard started his round. I turned around, sitting against the metal bars and stared at my oppas who stopped drooling and started laughing with everyone at how strange they looked drooling. A second passed, and they went back to their drooly face as Joon came down. He stood in front of me.

“You requested a cell change, human?”

“N-Neh…”

“How will I know that you aren’t planning anything?”

“W-Well… the vampire over there, there, there, there and the small group over there… All of them have lost their minds… I’m really scared.”

I pointed at Sandeul oppa, Onew oppa, Jonghyun oppa, and Minho oppa, and a group of stranger vampires who played along.

He looked at each of the vampires that I pointed at and all of them were in a ‘daze’ staring at me, mouths slightly ajar showing their fangs.

“I guess I can trust you.”

Everyone in the cell counted down in their head as Joon unlocked the door.

*Three… Two… One…. ATTACK!*

The door was wide open and all of the vampires zoomed and attacked Joon and the guard.

“YAH! You were lying this entire time!”

A large amount of the vampires mauled at him as they allowed the ten of us to escape. I was on Jonghyun oppa’s back, and the ten of us zoomed away, in search for Baro oppa.

-Baro’s POV-

I was in a dark room, chained up to a wall.

*Erin-ah… Get out of this place, and get to safety.*

The door opened and closed as someone entered the room.

“How are you doing, Baro?”

“Perfectly… Fine…” I growled, knowing who had entered.

He came over and said,

“Really? Then if I release you, will you attempt to kill me?”

“…Maybe… Rain, just tell me what you want! I’m already annoyed by your presence…”

“I’m here to give you one condition to let you live.”

“Oh, and what is that?”

“You kill your own lover.”

“Never.”

He growled and swiped at my face, leaving five nasty scars on my face.

“I’m giving you one more chance. Do it, or you’re dead.”

“I will never kill my loved one. She’s the only one who can make me smile, and the only one who can make me feel like I have a beating heart! I already lost quite a few lovers due to them dying in battle with other vampires! I’m actually happy that I’m with a human! It’s totally different! If you ever fell in love with one, I’m sure that you’d feel the same!”

He just laughed and said,

“That’s just nonsense!”

-Erin’s POV-

I took Baro oppa’s gem out of my pocket and stared at it.

*Baro oppa… Where are you?*

Only a quarter of it was filled with the pink color, and the rose was almost completely exposed. The only thought that I had in my mind now was,

*Baro oppa… Please don’t die on me… I love you too much.*

We checked multiple rooms within seconds. Still no sign of Baro oppa. We found a few other vampires, and my oppas just their blood until they were quenched. We continued our search. I suddenly felt my heart racing. I told Jonghyun oppa,

“Stop…”

He stopped and everyone else stopped quickly after he did. He kneeled down to let me get off.

“What’s wrong Jonghyun-ah?” Onew oppa asked.

He shrugged,

“I dunno, Erin-ah told me to stop.” Everyone turned to look at me.

 My heart kept on racing faster and faster as if I felt like something bad was about to happen.

“Whoa, Erin-ah! Calm down! Just tell us what’s wrong! But first, calm your heart!” Key umma exclaimed.

I put a hand over my chest trying to slow my heart, but it didn’t.

“Guys?”

“Neh?” they asked in unison.

“I-I have a really bad feeling about something…”

“Eh?? About what? All of us had a bad feeling since we even woke up.” Sandeul oppa asked.

I took in a deep breath not exactly answering Sandeul oppa,

“…..I know where Baro oppa is.”

“B-BWOH?! HOW?!” all of them exclaimed.

“Don’t worry about that, I just… do.”

I hopped back onto Jonghyun oppa’s back, and he took the lead as I told him where to go. I followed to where my heart told me to go. We ended up in the western wing outside of some isolated room. Jonghyun oppa let me off as we stood in front of the metal door.

“Omo… I can smell Baro hyung in there.” Gongchan oppa stated.

“How did you know where to go, Erin-ah?” CNU oppa asked.

“I just went to where my heart told me to go.” I answered.

Key umma smiled at me, giving me a, ‘I know something that you don’t know’ face. Minho oppa kicked the door down and we saw Baro oppa slumped against the stone wall and his arms and legs were all chained up. There was someone else in the room who just pulled away from his neck.

Everyone narrowed their eyes at the guy. Key umma hissed,

“Rain… What were you doing to Baro?!”

He smiled as blood dripped from his mouth.

“Well, I was killing him, until you guys interrupted my meal of the day."

All of the sudden, my neck burned.

*Omo! Out of all the time that I was out of the cell, why now?!*

I fell to my knees clutching my neck as it the curse mark burned away at my skin. Taemin oppa bent down, rubbing my back in attempt to soothe me. SHINee (besides Taemin oppa) and B1A4 (and besides Baro oppa) attacked Rain. Rain smirked at them and threw ice daggers at them, which they tried to dodge, but once the ice daggers were behind them, they turned around and stabbed them somewhere. They hissed at the surprise attack. Taemin oppa looked eager, but still stayed by my side. I looked at him,

“Taemin oppa…”

He looked at me,

“I-I’m fine… Go ahead and fight if you want.”

“Are you sure that you’re alright? I don’t want to leave you if you aren’t.”

“I’m sure, but thank you oppa… Now go.”

He smiled and hugged me lightly before bouncing over to his ‘umma’.

-Baro’s POV-

Rain smirked and turned to me,

“Looks like you have one more chance. Your beloved girl has arrived, and she is pretty much paralyzed now, due to her new curse mark.”

*Curse mark?! Darn that Yoseob!!! I will KILL THAT GUY!!! I SHALL!*

“I… will… not… kill her!”

-Erin’s POV-

I felt the curse mark slowly spread onto half of my face and down to one leg. I suppressed a loud scream as the curse mark kept burning. I felt someone stand next to me. I looked up to see Yoseob staring straight at me. He sighed and smiled,

“I think I’ll let the curse mark sit like this for a while.”

And then he sat down next to me, legs crossed and watched the fight with me. He poofed up a bag of fresh popcorn and shoved a small handful into his mouth. My tears stopped, and I suddenly remembered that he gave me the curse mark…

*What kind of vampire can give curse marks and randomly poof up a bag of popcorn?!*

I asked him,

“Y-Yoseob?”

“Hmmm?” He asked through a mouthful of popcorn.

“H-How can are y-you able to give c-curse marks and randomly poof up a bag of popcorn?!”

He swallowed and smirked,

“Ahhh, I’m not a full vampire, you see. I’m half wizard.”

“Oh…”

The pain worsened and tears poured down my cheeks slowly. The ground kept on vibrating and shaking, due to the enormous fight. Suddenly, ten more vampires appeared at the door. It seemed to be the rest of Beast and the other group with Thunder in it.

*Aishhh… they always have to appear during a fight!*

They joined the fight as Yoseob kept an eye on me, as I was pretty much paralyzed on the ground next to him. My neck bled for a while as I watched Baro oppa suffer against the wall.

*Baro oppa… Hang in there!*

*I-I’ll try… I’m quickly losing my grip on sanity… Y-Your blood… It’s really tempting.*

We didn’t talk through our thoughts after that. I slowly found the strength to move and try to push myself up.

“And where do you think you’re going, missy?!” Yoseob questioned.

I didn’t answer him as he intensified the pain from my curse mark. I screamed as loudly as I could, earning stares from everyone in the room. That seemed to have wakened Baro oppa up, and he struggled against the chains around him. Once he started pulling at the chains, my heart started racing, once more. Since my back was facing Yoseob who was still eating popcorn, I took out the gem from my pocket. I stared at it, and it was glowing. The glowing pulsed to the rhythm of my heartbeat. There was hardly any pink left in the gem as the rose petals slowly wilted, one by one and fell to the bottom of the gem. A tear silently rolled down my cheek as I slid the gem back into my pocket without Yoseob noticing.

*Baro oppa...*

 

 

 

Heyyyy guys!!! i just noticed that ive been writing about a lot of violence o.o i seriously didnt notice until now! anywho... please subscibe and comment!! it makes me smiley! :D