Just A Warning.

Meet Me.

Daehyun’s POV

I was just sitting in the near by café. For some reason his friend Jongup had asked me if we could hang out sometime. I didn’t see why not so I had messaged him back to meet me at the café not far from where I live since I didn’t really know where other places were but the arcade. But I wasn’t sure if he would of wanted to meet at the arcade.

I was just sitting in one of the booths in the far back just sipping on my hot cocoa with extra marshmellows. I jerked my head back a bit as I had burnt my tongue on the cocoa.

“You alright?” I had heard. I had looked up to a guy handing me a paper napkin. I looked down at his hand before I had shyly grabbed the napkin to wipe off the corner of my lips.

“Thanks.” I had said to him before he had sat down across from me on the other side of the booth. I had looked at him a bit confused and a bit shocked that he had just welcomed himself to the seat.

“Uh, excuse me. I’m sorta saving that seat for someone.” I told him. He had just smiled at me a bit before reaching across the table with his hand like he was asking for me to shake his hand.

“Hi, I’m Jongup. Youngjae’s friend. The one who messaged you on MeetMe.” He had said with a wider smile this time. I was a bit surprised and a bit awkward because I could recognize him.

“H..Hi. Sorry, I didn’t recognize you.” I had told him before handing him my hand to shake his.

“It’s cool.” He said. I had jerked back my hand a bit for wrapping both hands around my warm mug all awkward.

“Uh, w..would you like something to drink?” I had offered him. I wouldn’t of made a first impression if I haven’t offered him something.

“Sure. That hot cocoa looks pretty good.” He had said. I had nodded my head as I had turned to see a waitress near our booth cleaning the table. I had slightly tapped her on the shoulder to get her attention.

“My friend here would like a hot cocoa too. With extra marshmellows too.” I had told her with a smile. She smiled back and nodded as she walked off to go get his hot cocoa. I had then turned back in the booth looking up at Jongup.

“So, what made you want to meet me?” I had asked him as I had lifted up my mug to take another sip to burn the root of my mouth again.

“Aish, hot!” I said as he had reached over grabbing another napkin for me. I had felt my cheets start to burn of embarrassment as I had reached over grabbing it from him to wipe my face again.

“Careful, we don’t need to be sending you to the hospital on Christmas eve now would we?” He had teasling asked me. I was too embarrassed to say anything as I had just nodded my head in response to him.

Soon the waitress had came back with his hot cocoa. I had thanked her as she had bowed before turning to leave.

“I just wanted to hang out is all.” He said as he had picked up his mug with both hands just slightly blowing on it before taking a small sip of the drink. He had finished as he had lowered the drink looking back up at me.

“I also had wanted to have a little chat about Youngjae.” He said. I could feel my heart stop for a second as he had mentioned Youngjae.

“How is he? He is okay right? I sure hope so.” I had edgarly asked. I was took curious of where he was and how he was doing since I haven’t heard from him in awhile since he had confessed to me. *Did he not mean it?*

“You like him don’t you?” He said so straightforwardly. I could feel my cheeks burn a bit.

“I..is it obvious?” I had asked him. I didn’t know that I was letting it show. I had never really dated before and he was my first. I had liked him the first time that I had laid eyes on him.

“Very. Look, I really don’t want you to get hurt. You should be careful with him. I’m just saying, just please be careful. Okay?” He had said. *Wouldn’t want me to get hurt? Want me to be careful? What does he mean?*

“What do you mean by that?” I had asked him. He just smiled to me as he had pulled out his wallet putting five dollars on the table.

“For the cocoa.” He said as he had just gotten up from the table.

“See you around?” He asked. I didn’t even get the chance to asked more questions about what he had meant before he was already gone out of the door. I had slid in my booth too confused of what had just happened. *What did he mean by that?*

 

--------------------------------------------

Sorry for short chapter but I tried to update a bit today. Also, HAve a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!