B u l l e t # 17.

She's A Gun.

"Have you ever thought of how funny actually life is? Or maybe it's not the life. Maybe it's just us."
"Us, as in you and me, or us, as in people in general?"
"Everyone. You, me, Kris, that tacky friend of his and everyone else."
"And how are we funny?"
"We long so hard to be with the one we love, but when the opportunity is given to us, we throw it away out of fear. And then we realise what we have done after the opportunity is gone. I guess that's how the saying 'you don't know what you have until it's gone' came from."
“So does that mean that you and Kris have ended things?”
“Oh no no! We’re fine. Although he seems to be always feeling like he is walking on thin ice. I was never that mad at him in the first place. But it’s nice to see him squirm because of me.”
“That’s kind of sadistic of you.”
“Is it? I guess it is.” She utters a chuckle. “But I am not doing this to manipulate him, you see. I just want to be the one needed, not the one in need.”




“Oh, you’re home.” I comment as I shuffle into the living room and see Kris sitting on the sofa with his head in his hands. “Hey there love, why so gloomy?”
“Nothing to worry about. Just problems at work.”
“Well if you’re going to be moping like this then it is my problem. So be a big boy and talk about your problems.” I say as I settle onto the couch right next to Kris.
“There’s this new employee at my section. Kind of inexperienced and cocky. He tends to make stupid comments at everyone and today he said something to me that ticked me off and I just lost it. In the end I had a long talk with the boss about teamwork and it’s importance.”
“You don’t get angry that easy. He must’ve said something very insulting.”
“Not really. Honestly I don’t even remember what he commented. I guess I just needed someone to take it out on and he just got in the way.”
“Well what were you so stressed out about?”
“You.”
We sit in silence for a moment.
“You know, I’m not mad at you anymore.”
“I know.”
“Then what’s wrong?” I ask as he sighs and looks at me.
“I love you. I really do. And you know that I love you more than I have ever loved anyone else. You make me loose my temper and frustrate me so much that sometimes I feel the need to punch a wall. But in the end of the day I still want to lay down next to you and put my arms around you. Now, what I really want to know is if you feel the same way too.”
“Do you really have to question that?”
“No. I know the answer. But I want you to say it. Loud and clear.”
“Well what’s the point of saying it out loud if you already know it?”
“Stop it.” He sighs and gets up from the couch and crouches in front of me. “Admitting that you love me won’t make you weak. Admitting that you love me won’t make you vulnerable. Feelings come and feelings go, so just be open to them.”
As I open my mouth to retort he continues speaking: “I’m not asking you for anything more. Never will I make you depend on me. Never will I demand that you become a housewife. Never will I try to lessen your freedom. You will always be the independent woman that I fell in love with.”
“Oh please, like I would let you do any of those things.”
He chuckles. “You’re right. But it’s okay, because I love you.”
“And I love you too.”




“So you finally said those words, huh?”
“Yeah. But I don’t see what’s the big deal anyways.”
“But it is a big thing. You need courage to be able to admit your feelings.”
“Yes, but do I have to use words to show it. He knew that I love him because I showed it to him everyday in different little actions.”
“But sometimes it’s not enough just to show it. Sometimes it is good to hear it and be assured that this isn’t just your imagination. Words are more powerful than you give them credit for.”
“I guess so. Anyways, I have great news! I told Kris about you and he wants to meet you. Speaking of Kris, I wanted to visit him in work just to see the new in his workplace and if I hurry now I’ll be able to catch him at lunch break. I’ll come by next week with Kris, ‘kay?
“Can’t wait.” I smile as I watch her rush out of the café. 




sorry for the late update. Next chapter is the last one guys :(