How Are You? - Luhan

EXO Drabbles Collection! (OPEN FOR REQUESTS!) 8D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_3UxIlohJU

One Year Later - Jessica & Onew

(This drabble is inspired by this song!

Actually making me cry cause I can relate to this!)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

6 billion people in the world.

50 million people in South Korea.

Why have we crossed paths now that we've decided to leave each other's lives?

It's been one year since that day...  And all those bittersweet memories come flooding back to me like they all just happened yesterday.  Is he feeling the same way about now?  Or does he not care anymore?  Maybe it's the latter.  After all, I was the one who made it come to this.  He must probably hate me.

How long have I not seen her for?

I think it's been about a year now.

Funny how fate decides to twist us into meeting ourselves like this.  I wonder if she still thinks about us... me...  I doubt it.  After all, if it wasn't for the stupid decisions I made, we would have still been together until now.  There are so many things I want to tell her though... But I shouldn't.  Maybe, unlike me, she's fine.  I shouldn't be selfish.

 

"Hi..."  Yumi smiled softly, "Hello."  He replied back with hands in his pocket.  There was a heavy and awkward atmosphere between them.

"So, how have you been?"  She bravely spoke first, "It's been a year since we last saw each other..." She whispered.  One year of emptiness. One year of loneliness.  They bitterly thought.  "I'm okay.  How about you?"  He politely asked. Missing you.  It feels so wrong not being with you. "I'm fine too.  I heard you got the spot as a trainee in SM... Good for you, your dreams are coming true."  She meekly smiled.  "I always knew you could do it."  It's because of you I auditioned anyway.  I wanted to make you proud.  "Yeah.." he rubbed the back of his head.

"Actually, our group is debuting soon.  You should look forward to it!  The choreography is awesome!  I remember you loved watching those dances of DBSK and SHINee."  He recalled out loud.  "You remember that?"  I thought he forgot those things about me.

"How could I not?  You always asked me to learn them and dance them for you..."  His voice got softer as if every word reminded him deeply of the wounds in his heart he's been trying to heal.  It became more awkward now.  That's why I chose SME to audition because you liked those bands...

"Yeah..."  She was fighting back the memories from taking over her.  "You'll probably have a lot of fangirls."  She smiled, And you'll forget me. But I'll only want you even then.

Suddenly, Luhan's phone rang.  He didn't want to answer it.  He just wanted to continue standing in front of her and spill out everything that's been on his mind for the past year.

"You should probably answer that.  It could be important."  She sat down on the bench.  He sighed and picked up his phone and held up a finger towards her, signalling that he'll only be a minute.

"Hello? ---- Yeah. ----- I'm done.  ------ Yeah, I'll be there soon, Kris.  ----- Arasseo."  He hung up.

"Sounds like you have to go."  Please stay for a while...  She wants me to go...  Both their hearts longed for each other, but they thought if they followed their hearts they would be selfish.

"Yeah.  Our practices are getting really tight and serious because of the upcoming debut." 

"Oh...  Good luck then."

Luhan sat beside Yumi on the other side of the bench.  "Yumi-ah.."  He choked, just saying her name made his heart go crazy.  "Yeah?"  She looked at him with expresionless eyes.  She didn't want to give her feelings away.  She was afraid he might think she's crazy because she was the one who broke up but then still has feelings for him until now.

"Are you mad at me?"  The question took her by surprise.  Why would I be mad at you?

Luhan looked at the ground and explained, "I know it was my fault that we ended up like this--"  he was cut off by Yumi speaking, "We don't need to bring the past back up anymore, Luhan.  We're living perfectly normal lives again.  You're going to be a big star and I could never be more proud of you."  But I don't care about normal as long as I have you by my side.  They both thought at the same time.

"You should go now."  She said as she heard Luhan's phone ring again.  "I have somewhere to be too."  She gave an awkward smile, stood up and bowed, "I'll be going first."

She walked endlessly and as soon as she knew she was far enough from him, her tears spilled.  She ran into her apartment and cried.  The wounds had reopened and this was the day she had dreaded the most.  When she had finally locked up her feelings for her first love, they would meet again and they would surface again.  Haunting her forever.

How I wish we could bring back our love to the way it was.  But now it's just too late.

Seeing him gave me the same feelings.  My heart beat mad.

I wanted to hug him and be in his arms where I feel as if nothing could harm me.  With him, I feel secure.

I miss everything about him... about us.

The way we talked on the phone all night until I fell asleep.  When he would sing to me whenever I was having a bad day..

But I can't be selfish.  He has a career now.

And he probably doesn't feel the same way about me anymore.

I guess she really doesn't want me anymore.

She looked at me with such emotionless eyes.

I guess she really hates me for what had gone wrong before.

I really wanted to embrace her and wrap her around my arms.

I miss the way she would cook breakfast for me and bring it to my apartment every morning because she knows I wake up late.

I miss the holidays we spent together.  I miss the lame jokes she would crack just to make me smile when I get in a bad mood.

But I can't tell her all these things.  She'd probably hate me more.  And I'm certain she doesn't want me in her life.

I've hurt her more than enough.

I guess when you love a person, you just have to let him/her go.

When our paths cross again, then, I'll tell how I feel.

If not,

then we're just not meant to be.

But I thank fate for today... Because at least, for a brief moment, I got to see him/her.

And although the memories hurt, I would relive them any time.

The times we spent together, will always be the best times of my life.

 

 

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

okay, something's wrong with me. hahaha

I promise the next ones won't be melancholic... Or it really depends on the theme or the song I'm going to be listening to.

HAHAHA

Anyways,

comment below on what you think on this drabble! :D

Love love love,

Yanni

xx

The next drabble is for the first requester, with the leading man no other than adorkable, KYUNG SOO!!! :D