Fly Away -Kai

EXO Drabbles Collection! (OPEN FOR REQUESTS!) 8D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYAHeRV9-dc

Kim Jaejoong - Insa

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

"You're coming home tonight right?"  Kai asked on the phone.  "Of course I am.  I wouldn't miss today's event for the world."  She giggled from the other side of the line.  "You better not.  Or I shall smother you with my kisses when you arrive."  He smiled through the phone.

She made a face and shook her head.  "I know you're making a face. Stop it."  He said with a stern voice.  She rolled her eyes but smiled.  "I know you rolled your eyes too!"  He exclaimed.  "Yada yada... You know everything about me.  It's like you've memorized everything about me!"  "Of course... Cause there's nothing that I don't love about you."  He cooed.  "Stalker."  She muttered.  "I heard that you know."  They both laughed and then comfortable silence filled them.

"Passengers of Flight 634 to Incheon, please proceed to gate 5."  The announcement rang on the P.A. System.

"I have to go now if I don't want to miss the flight.  I'll see you tonight."  She paused,

"Alright.  I'll miss you until you get back here.  I'll be waiting at the airport.  I love you, Grace."  He softly said with his beautiful voice.

"Nado saranghae, oppa."  And she hung up.

--

Grace was comfortably seated in the 1st Class Cabin of the plane, (thanks to Kai's persistence that she needed the best service even on the plane).  She was going back to Korea from her business trip to Canada.

It was an almost 14 hour ride, so she decided to get some shut eye for a while. 

"Oppa!  Slow down will you!  We might get into an accident and not get to see the fireworks at all!"  Grace screamed at the top of her lungs at Kai who was driving the motorcycle, obviously enjoying the wind blowing on his face.

He heard her scared voice and he softened.  He slowed down a liiittle bit.  "Don'tworry.  I won't ever let anything happen to you."  He hollered and sped up to the Hankang Bridge.

"YAH! OPPAAAA!"  She screamed and held on to Kai's jacket for dear life.

After the longest 10 minute ride of her life, she got off of Kai's motorcycle and took her helmet off.  She shook her head to erase the helmet-hair style.

"Do that again."  Kai said a little too hyperactively.

"Do what again?"  she asked with a raised eyebrow.

"The helmet thingy.  But do it in slow motion.  It looked amazingly y."  He swiped his thumb over his lower lip.  As a response, she whacked his shoulder with the helmet.  "Ow woman!  That hurt!"  He rubbed the spot.

"That's what you get for being ridiculous."  She rolled her eyes and started walking towards the edge of the river.  She looked up at the night sky and hugged herself, feeling the cold breeze.

Kai stood beside her with his hands in his pockets and gazed at the night sky with her.

"It's beautiful right?"  She asked, captivated by the twinkling stars.  "Yeah...  But I know a place where you can see something even more beautiful."

She looked at him, "really?  Where's that?"

"In my room."  He smiled and she gave him an annoyed look with beet red ears before slapping his arm.  "Aigoo.  And I thought for once you were serious!"  She crossed her arms and looked back up.  "Hey!  What were you thinking?!  I meant cause there'a a mirror in my room!  Sheesh!  You hit like a bull woman!  I'm gonna get bruised tomorrow!"  He rubbed the red spot.  "So you're being conceited?  Cause you see yourself in the mirror, it makes your room beautiful.."  She said without looking at him.

He smirked, "No."

"What then?"  She asked, curious.

"I'd lead you to the mirror and what you see is more beautiful than the night sky we're under now."  He softly whispered.

Her heart thumped wildly in her chest.  *What.. is he trying to say?*  "Stop joking about these things, Jongin oppa.  It's not funny."  She made a face and turned away from him.  *I hope he doesn't notice my cheeks!  I bet I'm cherry red right now!  Ugh stupid oppa!*  She continued her mental curses until Kai spun her around to face him.

He held her by her arms and looked into her eyes with great affection.  "Grace.."  he whispered.  She couldn't dare to look up.  "Grace..." he said, a little louder this time.  "Hmm?"  she managed.  "Look at me."  He lifted her chin up and his eyes sparkled in the dark.

"I'm not going to say this again so listen well."  he took a deep breath and started... "I like you.  No, scratch that.  I'm in love with you.  It may not seem that way cause I tease you endlessly and you probably find me annoying and bothersome at times, but that's because I always seek for your attention.  I want to be beside you and take care of you.  Ever since that accident during P.E. class with the volleyball.  I've only had eyes for you.  You never leave my mind all day and just the thought of you makes me smile.  The thought of some other guy being your boyfriend makes me go insane.  So to be sure that no one gets you before I do,  I'm confessing like an idiot.  I love you, Grace."  He breathed, and looked into her eyes.

She didn't know what to say.  She was beyond speechless.  Butterflies swarmed in her tummy and her knees felt like they would give in any moment.  *Kai...oppa... likes me...  He said that.. he's in love with me...*

"Well... say something."  Kai awkwardly laughed.

"I...Don't know.."  She sighed.  He took that as rejection and lowered his hands and gaze.  "Well,  I hope we could still be friends you know...  Don't be awkward around me after this okay?  Believe me, that hurts more than rejection."  he struggled to smile.

"I'll be by the bike.  Tell me when you wanna go home..." he walked with shoulders slumped.

*What am I doing?  Kai oppa, the one guy who has always been by my side and the only guy who makes my heart react like this tells me he feels the same way.*  She ran up to him and hugged him from behind.

"Oppa!  I...I like you too!"  She blurted.  "I think that I'm in love with you too, because you make my heart beat so fast and my stomach gives this crazy feeling whenever you're around.  I'm sorry.  I was just so speechless to react to your confession."

Kai smirked, "Huh.  I knew you'd be like this.  Playing sad was the right move after all!"  Her eyes widened.  "YAH!  YOU WERE PLAYING WITH ME?? UGGGHH. I HATE YOU!!!" She made a face and stomped away from him.

"You hate me?  I thought you said you were falling in love with me just a few moments ago."  he teased and watched as her face went tomato.  "ugh.  I take it all back."  She muttered, although she knew otherwise.  Kai spun her around and pressed his lips against hers which took her by surprise.

"I love you... and I meant every word."  he spoke before kissing her again.

_______________________________________________________________________________________

THUD!  She woke up from her dream about the day they first became an official couple with Kai.  *What was that?!* Everyone else in the plane was asking the same thing, with alarmed faces.

"Attention all passengers, please fasten up and wear the oxygen masks.  We are experiencing turbulence and engine 1 has failed.  We have called for immediate help, so please remain calm as we make an emergency land.----" THUD. "!  I think engine 2 is damaged now, too! Qui---" Everyone was in panick now.

People were praying, bracing themselves.  The plane was slowly crashing.  *KAI OPPA* The name rang in her mind.  She whipped her phone open and dialed his number, he answered.  "Hello?"  His voice was calm, "oppa..." she croaked.  "What's wrong?"

"The plane...." her voice choked.  Kai immediately knew what was happening.  "NO... BABE.. You're going to be fine... You're going to be alright...  Just hang on okay?  I'll inform whoever needs to be from here."

"i'm scared... We're going to crash into the water...."  Tears were spilling down her face.  "babe, I'm going to call---"  "Don't bother.. Just talk to me okay?  I don't want to be alone."  His heart broke... "Yah... Don't talk like that... We're going to meet each other tonight.  Arasso?!"  His voice boomed.

"Oppa, saranghae..." TSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSCCCCCCHHHHHHHHHHH.

The line cut off.  "GRACE.... YAHHH! ANSWER ME!"

"Grace, baby... you there?"  He choked... tears streaming from his eyes.

Oppa, saranghae...

Oppa, saranghae...

Oppa, saranghae...

Her last words repeated over and over in her head.  Footage of the plane crashing was immediately on the tv, and his heart ached when it dove into the Pacific.

He clutched onto his phone and let the tears take over.

 

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well... I never thought this would be a sad first drabble.  And it's longer than I expected... o,o

Well, how'd this one go? xD

Hope this wasn't bad.. .____.

Leave a comment, subscribe! :)

much love,

xx