Don't be Afraid - Suho

EXO Drabbles Collection! (OPEN FOR REQUESTS!) 8D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtOvBOTyX00

Christina Perri - A Thousand Years

DongHoLay

____________________________________________________________________________________________

It was the weekend, EXO was given the weekend off.  The boys decided to hit the beach as a mini-vacation.

"Finally!"  Kai stretched, "A good time to relax and enjoy!"  He smiled the widest.  The others, of course, agreed.  They haven't got proper rest for the past couple of months even though Christmas and New Year had just passed.  So they were really thankful about this short vacation."

"Man... This life sure is busy!"  Sehun threw the towel over his shoulder.   "Thinking of quitting yet?"  Tao smirked and shoulder-hugged the other maknae.  "You wish!"  Sehun made a face and they both went and joined the others in the cool waters of the beach.

In the mean time, the leaders, were busy doing all the unpacking.  How'd that happen?  I have no idea either.

Kris was angrily mumbling about his irresponsible members and how he should be bossing them around to do all the hard stuff.  Suho chuckled and asked, "Why didn't you ask Hyeri to come along?"

Kris sighed and hung onto the bags, "I wanted to, but you know I can't risk her being with us out in the open like this.  Who knows what the fans could do to her?"  He shivered.  "I'll put this in first."  Then he went to go inside the room they had rented.

--

After both leaders unpacked, they joined the others who were already playing beach volleyball.

"Took you guys long enough!"  Chen snorted which earned him a whack from the great Duizhang.

"Are you guys joining us?"  Chanyeol came over with the ball.  "Leave me out of it, I'm just going to nap under the sun."  Kris waved his long fingers and walked away.  The boys snickered and mimmicked him in an exaggerated way.  "I'm too fabulous for this , leave me out of it."  Xiumin pretended with Kris' voice.

"I heard that you baozi!"  Kris hollered.

"."  he muttered, earning a laugh from the rest of the group.

"I think I'll hit the waters first, so you guys still have an even number!"  Suho saluted and rushed off to meet the waves.

--

A few minutes had passed since Suho swam in the cool, salty waters, so he decided to get out for a while and get a drink.  When he swam up, he found himself by a different shore.  Did I swim too far?  I must have gotten carried away then.

Then, he heard the most beautiful singing voice.  Who is that?  He turned his head but saw no one.  He followed the voice, mesmerized by it, and there, behind the majestic rocks, was a girl...  But not just any girl.  It was something that took the breath out of Suho.  Is she for real?  If she is, I don't think creatures such as her existed... only in fairytales.  For what sat amongst the mossed rocks was a beautiful mermaid with a golden tail.  She had the brownest of hair with a bit of gold in them too.  Her locks were long up to her stomach and she seemed to be too into her song to notice that Suho had approached.

The mermaid continued to sing her heart out, and Suho couldn't get enough of her voice.

"Heart beats fast, colors and promises

How to be brave?  How can I love when I'm afraid

To fall?  I'm watching you stand alone.

All of my doubts, suddenly goes away somehow...

One step closer..."

Suho stepped on a dead leaf, causing the beautiful creature to stop and look back in alarm.  She stared at him with big eyes and was about to jump back into the water.

"Please, wait!  Don't go anywhere!  I'm not here to harm you!"  He held his hands up.

"H-how did you get here?"  She looked around with panic in her eyes.  If father hears about this, I am dead!

"I have no idea either.."  Suho whispered and then looked back at her, "Are you really a --- mermaid?"

She laughed.  Suddenly, she didn't find anything alarming about the human in front of her although supposedly, their kind was taught to never to mingle with humans. "What's so funny?"  He tilted his head with a confused look plastered on his face.

"You humans.  For even questioning the existence of our kind... But my father says that's a good thing though."  She played with the locks of her hair.

He carefully sat beside her, "You don't mind if I sit here, would you?"  She shook her head."

"I never knew mermaids knew human songs...  That was an english song..."  He whispered.

"Oh...  That's because the singer of that song..." "is a mermaid?!"  Suho cut in and gasped.

"No, you silly human!"  She laughed, and Suho loved the sound of it.  "Rumour has it that she heard one of our people singing it and that she asked if she could sing it to the human world."

"Oh... so she knows about your existence?"  He asked.

"Not anymore..."

"What do you mean?"

"After that deal, my father had her memories erased and replaced them with thoughts that she came up with the song on her own..."  Her bright, orange eyes gazed into the horizon.

"Wow.."  Suho was in awe.  "Your father must be powerful then..."

The mermaid touched her shell necklace and smiled affectionately... "Yeah, he is..."

"About your father saying that it's good that humans don't know about your kind though... Why's that?"

"I can't tell you."  She dropped her gaze.

"Why not?"

"I'm not even supposed to be talking to you right now!  God, what am I doing?" 

"Wait!"  He held onto her wrist and her eyes widened into round plates.  "Please, stay.  For a while?"

She looked into the man's eyes and couldn't find the stregth to say no, for a burning fire in her heart had started to emerge.  Please don't let this be what I think it is.

"Oh, I thought your tail was only pure gold.  What's this one scale that's red though?"  He examined it close.

Oh for the love of neptune!  Why does it have to be a human?!  This world is so cruel! 

"I--I have to go!"  She struggled to speak.  "Go?  Why?"  Suho didn't want this moment to end yet though, I don't even know her name!  Or how to find her again! 

"Can I at least know your name?"  He blurted and immediately became red in the face.

"W-W-Wafa.."  She shyly said.  "Wafa..." Suho repeated with his lips and then smiled, "I'm Suho by the way."

He held his hand out and the mermaid just stared at him like he was the one with a tail.

"Oh... It's a human way of saying hello."  He scratched his head, embarrassed.  She giggled and took his hand.  "Hello, Suho."

He held onto her hand a little too long so she had to pull away.  "I really need to go now though."

She slipped her way to the shore.

"Will I ever see you again?"  Suho hoped that the answer would be yes, and almost forgot about his career that gave him no free hours.

If my tail says what I think it says, then yes... Nothing should be able to break us apart.  But she couldn't say that.  "I--I don't know...  Goodbye, Suho."  With that, she dove back into the sea, where she belonged.

Suho dived in to go after her.  He swam until he needed to get back to get some air but as soon as his head got out of the water, he found himself back at the shores of the beach resort.

Baekhyun was waving at him, "Oy, hyung!  Over here!  Where have you been?"  Suho looked around, puzzled.

Maybe if I dive back, I'll be back there!

"Hyung!  We need someone to start the fire!!!"  Baekhyun yelled again.  He sighed and dragged himself out of the waters.  Maybe later...I wonder if my members would believe me if I told them...  But he remembered what Wafa said and decided that maybe it was better to keep it to himself.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Well I honestly don't know what got me into writing this... .__.

forgive me if it did not reach your expectations! :(

xoxo,

yunnie57