i knew you can see me

i can see ghosts (master's sun au)

junhong discovered his strange gift (or curse) of seeing ghosts, after a trekking accident in the mountains when he lost his footing and rolling down the side of a slope. his friends all said he was lucky to be alive; the slope was tall and he had hit his head against a rock jutting out. in fact, he was hospitalised for two months, in which he spent most of it in a coma.

 

however, his second chance at life had come at a price: he now attracted all sort of spiritual beings who asked him for all sorts of favours, at whatever times they pleased.

 

the bus ahjumma pestered junhong til midnight, until which junhong finally, with a growl, gave up and hailed a cab to her son's home and told a very confused son to look behind the closet to find the jewellery his mother had hidden previously. the ahjumma gave junhong a grateful smile before disappearing, shimmering like a gust of wind into nothingness.

 

it was close to 2am when junhong trudged up the stairs to his tiny apartment. he ran a hand through his pinkish hair, suddenly very aware of his exhaustion. arriving at his door, he was stifling a yawn when for the second time tonight, he felt a cold chill behind him.

 

oh god. i hate my life.

 

junhong felt a sob raising through his throat, but he still turned around hopefully, hoping his senses were wrong. but life proved him wrong as he saw a pale, shimmery man smirking at him.

 

junhong let out a noise between the groan and a sob. 

 

the ghost man grinned. "i knew you can see me," and then, with a wide gummy smile, "can i come in?"

 

***********

 

by the time junhong showered and came back into the room, the ghost had made himself comfortable on junhong's couch, folding his hands behind his head, feet on table, and watching tv. junhong frowned. normally ghosts came to him with requests, but this one had said nothing and instead seemed quite content to just stick around his room.

 

"hey you. what do you want? just say it and leave me alone," junhong said as he toweled his wet hair. he looked at the man in the mirror, taking in his short brown hair, long neck and thin frame. the man frowned.

 

"sorry about that. i think i just died not too long ago, so i have been in a daze," the ghost watched as his fingers move through the remote control. he sighed. "i just followed the brightest object i could see, which was you… but i think i have something left unfulfilled in my life, and that's why i am not unable to move… on? to whenever it is i am supposed to go."

 

junhong felt a pang of pity for the man, who now looked pretty wistful staring at his transparent hands. junhong puts his towel down and plopped down on the other end of the couch.

 

"okay, tell me what's your wish. i will try my best to do it… after i get my sleep, okay?"

 

the man glanced at junhong, and surprising the human, shook his head and smirked.

 

"i'll tell you tomorrow morning. you need more sleep dude, your eyebags are reaching the floor."

 

junhong's face burned. his lips twitched to come up with a comeback, but his brain was clearing not functioning right now.

 

"i'll be back tomorrow," the ghost said as he stood up. "by the way, i am yongguk."

 

"junhong."

 

***********

 
thankyou subscribers :D
i need to think where this story is going ORZ will update once i get an idea <3