how did you die?

i can see ghosts (master's sun au)

it seems like besides being able to see ghosts, junhong is also now able to predict the future. because that ghost IS a mistake.

 

yongguk didn't disappear like the other ghosts did, when their wishes were granted. junhong stared expectantly at him at the end of their first day of school together, but yongguk followed him back home, then just stretched himself out on the couch and crossed his feet on the table.

 

sensing that the ghost was not planning on moving anytime soon, junhong stood awkwardly beside the couch, and cleared his throat.

 

"hyung, aren't you supposed to disappear? Like, about now? And go about your ways to heaven?"

 

yongguk turned to look at him, his dark eyes with a hint of amusement.

 

"you know, i have no idea how this all works. i don't feel a "pull" at me to go anywhere," he said, shifting slightly to look at a crestfallen junhong, "all i want to do now is," smirk, "continue to go to school with you."

 

junhong felt his mouth go slack.

 

"i guess it means one day of school is not enough for me. since i have wanted to go to university for years." yongguk reached out to pat under the ghost-seer's slack jaw. "stop gaping. i'll see you tomorrow morning, junhonggie."

 

junhong's brain was still working overtime, trying to understand how this situation has become - has he gotten a ghost who may now go to school with him for the next two years? how crazy can his life get? but mostly, what has he done wrong? - as the ghost walked through his door and disappeared.

 

*********

 

"where do you spend the nights at?"

 

junking asked curiously, as he scooped some cereal into his mouth. yongguk had again appeared next to his bed in the morning when junhong reluctantly opened his eyes. of course the sight of the ghost woke him up almost immediately.

 

yongguk paused, eyes looking at the table. "i go back and see my family," he said quietly. junhong stopped chewing. he didn't know why but his heart ached a little. the sadness was palpable and contagious.

 

yongguk raised his head and raised the corners of his lips in a near-smile. "i had wanted them to miss me, at first. i wanted to feel how important i was in the family." he recalled going back home and seeing how all of them did not sleep the first day he was gone; his mother crying into the arms of his grieving father, and his noona sobbing silently with his brother. "but now, i wish they can move on, forget about me."

 

junhong had so many questions about his newfound companion, but he decided to let those slide as he looked at yongguk's evident heartbreak and grief on his face. something felt not right - he never had a ghost stick with him for more than two days, or at least after he had finished their wish - but he guessed now wasn't the time to press further on those.

 

they finished (or rather junhong did) breakfast in silence and set off for school again. 

 

junhong desperately wanted to change the heavy atmosphere. "hyung, i got to work at the school cafe later on. are you okay on your own?"

 

"yeah, i was thinking of visiting some of my friends," yongguk replied. he seemed to have worked off his angst from earlier, casually walking on with his hands in his pockets. "i think i am lucky, i get to see them one last time after i am dead. does everyone get to do that?"

 

"no, all the ghosts i have seen so far stay on because they have some strong grievances, or last words that they must pass on before they can move on," junhong said thoughtfully. "hyung is a special case. you only have a wish, and don't seem to have a particular thing that must be done… it's strange."

 

yongguk frowned, and shook his head. "i have no idea as well. i don't even know how i got here."

 

junhong swallowed. "hyung, can i ask you something?"

 

"...mm?"

 

 

"...how did you die?"

 

*************

 

thankyou new subscribers :)))) really ;_; thankyou so much for reading!! i will try speed up the progress~ ((o(*゚▽゚*)o))