mystery unravels

i can see ghosts (master's sun au)

*flashback*

yongguk ran hurriedly down the dimly lit corridor, careful to keep his footsteps soft. he could hear from his safe spot upstairs that negotiations down there were not going well. of course, with a precious hostage, BTS was not going to let go easily.

 

bastards, yongguk thought angrily as he descended the stairs. he wanted to change spots so he could be closer to the area and grab jongup out of there if possible. he was creeping behind the pillars at the old warehouses, when suddenly voices were raised. he heard the leader of BTS yell something and then all hell broke loose. 

 

the relative peace of just a minute ago was broken, as bullets flew and sounds of gunfire rang in his ears. heart pounding, yongguk somehow spotted jongup about 45 degrees ahead of him, tied up in a chair. yongguk threw a quick glance around; everyone else was still engrossed in their attacks and dodging of bullets - he finally saw himchan's familiar golden hair in the other direction, putting up a fight against two BTS members. 

 

now or never.

 

he sprinted behind the pillars and reached jongup from the back, immediately setting to cut the ropes. jongup yelped in shock, before realizing that it's yongguk there.

 

"oh my god hyung, quick!" jongup whispered hurriedly as yongguk sawed away with his pocketknife.

 

" these stupid ropes.. okay! quick move it…" with one last grunt the ropes fell away and yongguk immediately grabbed jongup's wrists to escape.

 

"this way!" he yanked jongup towards the door nearest to them. he didn't have time to notice the clanks and firing of weapons behind him; the first thing now was to get to safety, the both of them.

 

pushing open the door, the incoming cold breeze filled his nostrils and brought him relief and hope. he and jongup were running at full speed onto the road, he could just see the black SUV that brought No Mercy here, this would be over soon…

 

a silent click filled the night air, and then a agonised yelp from beside him.

 

he was going to ask what's going on, when a searing pain shot up from his shoulder. and then another, near the small of his back. he barely had time to react before he was on his knees, consciousness blurring because the pain.... was too much.

 

he felt jongup grab his pistol and fire it at someone behind him, and then it was jongup's voice, worried and rapid: hyung, oh dear god no no no yongguk hyung…

 

the last thing he saw was the inside of the SUV, jongup's and himchan's voices crying at him to stay awake, please and we are getting there

 

he tried so hard to breathe but it was so so painful to even try. his eyelids getting heavier, he really wanted to tell his friends that he was okay, but another wave of pain hit and then… it was dark.

 

omg i can't believe it has been over a month since my last update! ;_; /fails at being an author/ i haven't written a lot of fics before, so please bear with my slow progress and not so good plot/characters/relationship! ㅇㅜㄴ 감사~ ^.^