flashback

i can see ghosts (master's sun au)

junhong swallowed. "hyung, can i ask you something?"

 

"how did you die?"

 

*************

 

three nights ago.

 

yongguk was on the stage of the dimly lit bar, packing up the mic stands and drum sets. the bar was past closing time, but he, a part time bartender here, stayed back to help with clearing up. he always felt wistful doing this; he had wanted to perform, and not clear up the stages. but bartendering brought him a more stable income, and his parents didn't like him doing rap again.

 

"they think i will go back to what i did last time. they never trusted me anymore after that."

 

yongguk was preparing to leave when he heard his name called. he didn't have to turn to know who that is. 

 

"yonggukkie." the voice was low and husky, just like his.

 

he vaguely thought about how long it has been since he has met this person -- has it been… two years? -- as he turned back slowly. the man there standing in the shadows looked the same as before. pale skin, sharp cheekbones, and bright eyes.

 

"himchan."

 

------------------

 

yongguk had a bad feeling that he couldn't pin down, as he followed himchan out of the bar and to a nearby alley. two years, and his ex-best friend had become thinner, and something about him had changed. the lines on his face became more defined, and he gave off a more mature and somewhat sombre air.

 

yongguk looked expectantly at the other.

 

"himchannie, i can guess that what you're gonna tell me is not something i want to know right? it must be something serious for you to come looking for me, of all people."

 

himchan's eyes crinkled into a smile.

 

"guk-ah, you know the rules of our world so well. yes, i have a favor to ask." his smile faltered. "it's not easy, but i have to try and ask you…"

 

"if its about asking me back to No Mercy, then forget about it. i have passed those days," yongguk interrupted, his eyes narrowing.

 

himchan took a deep breath. "i know. that's why i haven't come and looked for you ever since. but now i have no choice. it's the life of one of us at stake."

 

"what do you mean?"

 

himchan's dark eyes showed a glimpse of fear and anxiety. his voice shook slightly. "its jongup. i don't know if you know, but BTS has been eyeing us for awhile. they took jongup when he was alone… and they are asking for money, or $1 million to be exact. you know we can't find that much money at such short notice…but i can't just let them take jongup away."

 

yongguk's heart sank. he knew jongup since he joined the gang, and the boy, though one of their best fighters, was really a kind and humble person at heart.

 

himchan continued, lips trembling, "please guk. you were, and still are, our best sniper. our newer guys, they haven't been in much gunfights. we are meeting them tomorrow to negotiate, i truly hope we won't come to actually using our guns but… BTS hasn't exactly gotten a good reputation out here."

 

there was silence for a moment as yongguk considered the situation. he wanted to help jongup as much as himchan did, but going back to gang issues…

 

"guk, please." himchan's bright eyes flickered under the dim streetlights, pleading. "okay, how about this… i know you still hope to go back to school. if tomorrow goes well, we save jongup, the big boss is happy, i will find some way to get you school fees. deal?"

 

yongguk's last thoughts before shaking himchan's hand was, it to have someone know your weakest link. 

 

*********

 

*drumroll* yongguk's past is slowly being revealed~~
thank you all lovely subscribers!! *\(^o^)/* 
and bap's comeback!!! i.cannot.wait. <3