four.

i can see ghosts (master's sun au)

sorry for the hiatus, i have no inspiration!! and the progress...is still...very slow ORZ 

and no inspiration for the title either ORZ

********************

it was a lecture on music history. junhong studied music; he had always been interested in music since young, starting out learning piano when he was little, then progressing to listening to pop and hip hop as he got older. however, history was not so much his thing; it was just not something his brain could process and remember. he half-wanted to advise the ghost again to skip this boring and go wander around a bit, but the ghost settled comfortably beside him, in the back row seat quickly.

 

"you know, i actually did music before." 

 

yongguk grinned contentedly now that he had caught junhong's attention.

 

"but not this type. i did underground rap for a while. was something i liked, and it brought in some money, you know? but my parents didn't like it."

 

junhong silently raised yongguk's image in his mind up by a few notches. underground rap, no .

 

yongguk chuckled softly. "i wonder how my parents will feel right now though, if they know i have actually made it here. " 

 

he and his parents' relationship was by not at all easy and smooth-sailing, since they had firmly disagreed with his choice of music as a career. and he blamed them deep in his heart, for the financial problems that made him give up music, and school. however, now came the realization that he had actually wanted to make them proud of him, he wanted to go back to the times, many many years ago when the family of five would sit down around their tiny kitchen and just talk, eat and laugh without tension in the air.

 

yongguk was lost in his thoughts when he saw a hand on his thigh. junhong stared straight ahead, but he breathed under his breath, "i'm sure they are missing you, hyung."

 

yongguk wasn't sure if he still had a heart, but at that moment he felt something warm, like what he would feel with a good cup of coffee, flowing in him. leaning close to the only person he knew could hear him, he whispered, "thanks."

 

***********

 

the day passed by with lunch at the cafeteria, and then a quick stroll around the campus, and then another class in the afternoon. of course, no one noticed that the tall and lanky second year music student was actually taking a ghost on a university experience tour. junhong nearly got busted by his good friend during lunch though. he had bought a cup of coffee for yongguk, who though was unable to drink it, pleaded to have a whiff of the aroma of coffee beans. he was rolling his eyes at the ghost's excitable expressions when daehyun plonked into the seat next to him.

 

"junhong ah! where were you sitting during the history class, i was looking for you," the brown-haired boy pouted.

 

junhong ran a hand through his hair and sighed. his good friend was nice, but his aegyo… not so.

 

"i was late so i just sat at the bac…."

 

"wait are you drinking coffee??" daehyun cut off junhong's words as he gestured at the cup. "i thought you hated it."

 

"oh uhm. well the…i uh. hmm." a small sense of panic ran through him. what was he going to say? that he bought it for his coffee-loving ghost friend-acquaintance who was sitting opposite them at this very moment? 

 

"ahh the guy at the counter gave me the wrong drink. i wanted green tea but he mixed it up i guess," junhong fibbed. 

 

he was lucky that daehyun got distracted by a message on his phone. "hey look, i gonna go grab some food for youngjae, i'll see you later kay?" 

 

junhong nodded and waved. daehyun would do anything for youngjae, he snickered.

 

"he's cute." a gravelly voice sounded.

 

"he's taken." junhong shot back without missing a beat. he was reaching out to his phone when he paused. "wait. are you gay?"

 

instead of replying, the man raised his eyebrows suggestively and smirked. again.

 

junhong was beginning to feel this was a mistake.

 

************

keep commenting and subscribe juseyo!!! 

and happy new year in advance :P