Day one. FIGHT!

Taking You Back

1030 Break.

The boy stomp his little feet thought the path as he tries to ignore loud whispers and killing glances burning through his thin uniform. He made a sharp turn into a remote and distance area of the building, begging for peace and harmony. He grunts as he stomps up the stairs letting out every frustration, anger and depression he was holding since morning. He kicked the door open even though the red wording of ‘Do Not Enter!’ is stated big and clear on the door. The angry boy didn't give a about anything as long he had his peace. His kick frightened flocks of birds peeking on the roof. Their soft feathers sprinkle down the baby blue sky creating a romantic scene which unfortunetaly not suitable for now.

In the middle of the roof lied a figure on the wide empty floor, with his ear plugged, listening to music lost in his own world.

“I.am.going.to.kill.you!” Baekhyun grit his teeth shutting a door with full power.

Tao chuckle and pull down his headphone, flipping around to face a very red-faced Baekhyun.“Hey, Hyung. How’s your first day of class?” Tao chirped, elbowed himself acting all innocent and cute.

Baekhyun again made a low grunt, steam coming out through his body and fire flair out his nostrils. “What do you think, genius?”

The said genius laughs heart-hearty as he flip again, spreading his long arms and legs on the cool floor, looking up the sky.“ How bad would it be?” Tao close his eyes and rest an arm on his forehead, smirking. "You have 'ear-plugs' to keep you focus anyway."

The elder scoff "It's name's Beany not 'ear-plug'!"

 

Earlier in the morning

“ Baekhyun stop looking so down, it hurts my heart.” The principle said as he led Baekhyun to his classroom. Passing by some classes filled with students with a teacher babbling his lecture in front the whole class. The latter kept his head down as he drag his feet following his ‘father’.

Mr. Jung, the principle was like a step brother to Baekhyun. He was the one who allowed the latter hanging out the class knowing he would still do well in his education and score great marks in his every test. Mr. Jung totally loved Baekyun and spoiled him, showering him with all his heart and love towards Baekhyun.

“You promised me you’ll go back to class if you made a friend. Since you do made one you’ll have to keep that promise. Furthermore Mr. Lee had reported me he saw you and that transfer student hanging out in that old library you loved so much.” Baekhyun hummed sadly, Mr. Jung sigh and ruffle the boy’s hair messy. “ Come on, class isn’t that bad. You might make more friends before you graduate. They aren’t scary alright?” Yunho told him sinsierly, stopping in front of a door with a plate ‘3-A’ hanging on top. Baekhyun heard the lecture from the outside and narrow his eyes.

Yunho knock the door gently to make himself noticed. Awhile later, the door was slide open only to reveal a taller younger man with glasses. Baekhyun would be lying if he wasn’t shock of the teacher’s height. He was almost as tall as the 2 metre door. The young teacher was shock to see the principle standing outside his class room out of blue.

“Hyung, what brings you here?” he step out from his classroom and close the door behind.

“ Changmin-ah.” Yunho called informally and point a thumb at gloomy Baekhyun. “This is ’him’.”

The teacher named Changmin raise his brows and look at tiny Baekhyun who was standing behind the principle. His face turns into a loud gaps and was amazingly surprised. He looks at Yunho and hit his arm. “ Really?! Ohmygodreally?” Changmin squeal. Yunho chuckle and nodded his head. “He so cute~ Can I pinch him?” Changmin beg. He eyes glimmers and looked like it was going to pop.

 

No ! You ain’t not gonna touch fabulous hot and smexy Byun Baekhyun's face.

 

Yunho made him an ‘I know right’ face but shook his head. No, he’s not allowed to touch Baekhyun. Baekhyun was thinking if he was in a bad dream or what. There he was, putting his life on the line and these two, tall, handsome and muscular grown-ups are squealing like teenage girls over him. “ Will you take care of him?” Yunho ask pushing Baekhyun towards Changmin who was staring at him like a candy. Baekhyun fumble a little as he doesn’t want to get any closer to the tall creep as it’s very uncomfortable.

“ Of course. You know I have been desperate to meet him if it’s wasn’t for you who wouldn’t let me to.” Changmin confess.

 

Desperate?! Okay, I’m totally in a lion’s den.

 

Yunho let out an awkward chuckle as he rubs the back of his neck nervously.

“ Hi, I’m your homeroom teacher Shim Changmin, nice to finally meet you Baekhyun.” He extend his hand to Baekhyun.

Baekhyun took his hand and shook them carefully being aware and cautious. “Baekhyun.”

“ Let’s introduce you shall we?”

 

No thank you

 

Changmin beam a smile and walk into the classroom, booming his voice for attention.

“ He’s your lover isn’t he?” Baekhyun wishper.

“ Well… he’s cheerf-” Yunho roll his eye aside.

“Thought so. " Baekhyun cut him off and walk into the class.

 

Baekhyun walk into the class wearing a poker face as he stood beside Changmin, in front the whole class.

“Alrighty class. This is Byun Baekhyun. Treat him well or die.” Said Changmin with a 180 degree change from a smiling angle to a threatening devil.

The word ‘yes’ boom the class and Baekhyun winch at the annoyingly loud voice.

Changmin pointed Baekhyun a seat and the latter walk to it steadily, avoiding any eye contact from curious students. He mumble a curse as he drop his beg on the table and his weight on the chair. He seat was in the middle of the class. How ironic the students are staring at him like he’s some kind a beast or an alien.

“ Are you comfortable there?” Changmin asked. Baekhyun got him a killing glare screaming 'Of course not !' The teacher grin at him “Aww that’s sad because you’re stuck there for the whole year.” Changmin played him and wore his nerd glasses, flipping the textbook.

Baekhyun thinks he's having a heart-attack. His heart bang his chest as his body burn as if he was the fire himself. Temporally tossing those feelings aside, he pick his Math textbook and flip to a random page. He lean comfortably on his seat and scratch the back of his ear, lazily fold his arm together and drew a wave and a circle in the air. Music gallery. Play. 

Music start to flow into his eardrum. Baekhyun smrik proudly at his tiny invention -Beany. Baekhyun's homemade wireless earphone/plugs. Why Beany? Because it shaped like a pea bean. What's so special about it is you can control them waving your hand in the air not even touching your phone. Not to mention, it's also voice controled. Giving out basic simple orders and you have the world in your palm.

 

“ – kyun-shi … Baekhyun-shii !” Changmin had to call Baekhyun for the nth time to get his attention.

“ What?” his tone was cold. Baekhyun sat up, making a tap noise as he rest his arm on the table. Pause.

“ I’m surprised you’re so concentrated in my lesson mister but I need you on the board.” Changmin knock the board to draw Baekhyun’s focus.

 

Class 3-1 field trip.

Duration: 3 days 2 night.

Destination : Bucheon

Baekhyun’s eyes widen in horror as if he seen ghost. His bit his lips and slowly curls his fingers into a fist. His mind spins as he stares at the word ‘Bucheon’ – his hometown, the place he fear to go the most.

“ Baekhyun-shi, you seem thrilled. Are you that excited to go? Good because you’re not allowed to say no for this field trip either.” Changmin sing-sang, holding his arm around his waist. His smile was so bright that it’s killing Baekhyun. The boy wish he had a weapon or something that kills now. He wants to kill the annoying tall man. 

 

!


“ Oops.” Tao bit his lower lips and rolls away.

“ Oops indeed. ” Baekhyun sigh deeply “ Really, It’s all my fault. I should have taken home-schooling.”

“ Why didn’t you?”

Hello, I’d need a guardian and it will be another pain in the .” Baekhyun sat beside the younger, pulling his leg to his chest, resting his chin on them.

Tao sense the elder and let out a cold laugh. “ You’re smart but lazy at some times.”

“ Yea, and now I had to get my up to clean em’ . Damn I’d never though this school could go that far.”

Tao shrugs.

Gentle wind blew past them and tangled their hair messy. Baekhyun smile bitterly and hid his face to avoid any cold contact. Tao sighs and roll his eyes back to the beautiful scene above him.

"Do you miss home?" the younger asks quietly.

"Do you?"

"I don't know."

"Me either."


Baekhyun walks lazily to class after biting Tao a ‘See you later’. Just thinking the panicking situation he’s in, he pinch his nose and dug his hands in his pocket. He must be not focusing on the road because the next thing he knew, he was knocked down to  the ground with a weight on top of him.

“ Ouch…" It was Chen - aka Kim Jongdae, class repesentive, second in scool. "Oh, Oh my god." he stumbles to stand, kinda in a hurry. Baekhyun choke out a cough when Chen lifts his weight from Baekhyun. "Are you alright Baekhyun?"

“ It okay.” He said weakly. Chen quickly pulls him up from the ground. Just then, he heard loud banging noises ahead, behind Chen.

“ Aiyo nerd. Why a rush? Hey, why did you run away when you see me? I thought we are best buds.” Chen flinched when a hand hit on his shoulder. The boy was a head taller than them both. His group of friend leans back against the wall wearing evil and ugly smirks. Judging from Chen face, Baekhyun sigh heavily because he knew what coming ahead. Guess another day, another drama.

“ We are having History now so…” Chen timidly took his hands away and grabbed Baekhyun’s wrist, wanting to flee but before he succeeds, a large force dragged him and Baekhyun backward.

“ Hey I’m tiring to be nice here and you’re giving me a cold shoulder? Someone must teach you manner huh?!” the bully yells, throwing his fist towards Chen's face. Chen close his eyes waiting for the sharp pain leaving his bruise for days. But nothing came.

Silent

Chen slowly opens his eyes, shock to see Baekhyun putting a finger on the bully's fists. A finger!

“Actually, mister bully, It was you who need manners.“ He guessed Chen’s face must be as pale as sheet by now knowing he was messing with the school’s horrifying bullies. “As he said, we are rushing. Therefore I suggest you to run along with your – I don’t know, lost puppies before I lose my patient.” he push his fist down to waist level.

The bullies were obviously provoked, and that made Baekhyun smirks in his mind. In his eyes they looked so weak and pitiful.

“ Who the are you shorty?” one of the member spats, pulling his sleeve up showing off his muscle.

Baekhyun frowns into pity "Please." He wasn’t afraid of them, turning away, dragging a shaking Chen along. He shoves the barrier away, hoping he’ll be in time to class. Of course, there’s always someone blocking your way when you wanted to achieve. He heard a yell behind, felling annoyed by the sound, he pushed Chen aside and duck, shoving an elbow backwards. As he expected, he hit a figure and it rolls over him, flip and fall hard on the ground.

“ Really? Are you stupid or what?” Baekhyun glare back lazily. He regrets later for not able to shut his foul mouth.

The bullies ranged and march towards him. Feeling blood rushing throughout his body, Baekhyun reach his left hand to the right and grab the attacker’s neck, sneaking his right leg between the bully’s neck and spun them around, flying the bully’s body towards his gang. Just a split second, the bullies were taken down line bowling pins with Baekhyun’s swift motion and furious speed. 

“ No, stupid isn’t a proprietary word to describe you guys.” Baekhyun click his tongue and raise his chin, thinking. “Oh that’s it. Dickheads!” He flung his hand aside. Little did he know the first bully he attacked rose and prepare himself from attacking behind.

“ Baekhyun, watch out.” Chen scream, Baekhyun turn around, eyes widen due to a surprise.

Three shadows flew past him with a lightning speed, a wind came across and followed by loud cracking ‘thuds’.

It was shuriken spikes. Neatly hung in a row on the wall. It was designed as slender as needle, only thicker and longer, black in colour.

“Dirt off my Hyung you ty rat.” They came from Tao.

The bully’s face went as pale as ghost. His strains of hair flutter in the air like black feathers and eventually fall on the ground. The bully falls on the cold floor, shivering.

Baekhyun gace at Tao and wolf whistled. “You’re late.” He showed him a face.

“ Better than never.” Tao walk across the bullies and head towards his knives. The sounds of the spikes taken out from the wall sent shivers though witnesses’ spines. Bits of concrete dust glitters when the spikes where removed, leaving a deep scar on the pearly white walls.

“I see you have gone better. It didn’t leave cracks like before.” Baekhyun

“ Of course. I’ve been waiting for the opportunity to throw em’, didn’t know it’d be on a scum though. What an unglamorous waste.” Tao brushes the dust and kept them away.

Chen who witnesses the whole drama felt his legs jelly, he slide his weakening body and slump on the floor, clearly frightened. He ought to be thankful to Baekhyun and his ‘ninja’ friend but the whole thing is too sudden, too fast. It seem so fake, yet so true.

“ Ommo, you okay?” Baekhyun finally noticed him and pull his up.

“ Uh… I guess.”

“So this is?” Tao points at Chen.

Before Baekhyun could open his mouth to reply, Tao’s name was yelled.

Tao cursed a language Baekhyun didn’t understand. Slumping his hips aside, he grits he sharp teeth as the footsteps were getting nearer and nearer. Baekhyun saw him, a petite one, surprisingly smaller than him with doe big owl eyes and a heart-shaped lip. His eyes shows anger and worries but Baekhyun bet he’d melt a cold-hearted men’s heart if he smiles. He had to admit, boy do look cute.

“ Where have you been? Class had already started.” He scolds Tao, didn’t notice Baekhyun and Chen was there. “I just leave you a sec and nest thing I know ‘poof’ you’re gone. This school is big and I can’t just skip class only to for you, Ohw! I just wish I had a GPS to put on you right now.” He fling his arms up. “An—OHMYGOD!!! WHAT THE HELL IS THESE?” he finally noticed the pile of ‘dead’ bullies and two pairs of amused and curious eyes.

“ Baekhyun-hyung, this is Kyungsoo. My class rep. Unreasonably in charge taking care of me. Kyungsoo, Baekhyun-hyung...“

Baekhyun raise an arm “Hey there.” Tao rolls his eyes.

“… and this is, umm…” Tao paused trying to remember his name.

“ Hi, I’m Jongdae, Chen will do.” He exchange a friendly hand shake with Kyungsoo.

Kyungsoo stayed calm , hanging a straight face. “ And those are ?” he stare at the pile of bodies, still shaking Chen hands.

“ Oh! Some losers.” Tao told cheerfully. “ Hyung, what should we do with these?” Baekhyun look at them and tile his head.

“ I was thinking,… that Chen Chen should do the honour though…” he said dimly, waving his hand aside. “ What do you think?” he snap his fingers which point directly at Chen.

Jongdae panicked “ What ? Me?! Why?!? Huh?!?!” his voice pitches higher and higher.” He rolls his eyes among a standing yly Baekhyun and a what-so-ever Tao. He then seeks help from Kyungsoo who just stares him back with his big owl eyes.

“ Well, you were their target and they are your bully, don’t you want to kick their back?” Baekhyun asked, obviously pushing Chen their destiny.

Chen rubs the back of his head nervously. “ Uhm, thinking bout it , there’s something in mind…”

The trio look at Chen sternly as his decision falls out from his side curve lip. Their faces slowly turn into grins then evil smirks.

 

 

In a corner of the school, Students gathered around the locker area gossiping and snapping pictures vigoriously at an event ahead.

Five boys, the schools infamous bullies were locked inside some random lockers with their mouth taped. On each tape, there’s a letter on it written bold with black inks. Even the outside, colourful boards pasted on each their respective lockers. The boys slam their bodies around, crying for help, unfortunately, only muffled voice were heard. They tried desperately to break free from the narrow lockers but failed awfully as the lockers were chained. The teachers drop their jaws on the ground facing the headache uproar, hopeless.

Two boys walks past the crowd with their arm linked, skipping in joy.

“Nice and simple.” Baekhyun praised.

“ Thank you.” Chen chirped, smiling like he never. “Wah~ I feel so free right now. Thanks a million Baekhyun.” He -headed the latter.

“Ayy~” Baekhyun cooed, falling aside due to Jongdae’s weight. “ You know what?” he start as they continue walking. “ I’m thinking, just maybe … school isn’t that bad after all.” He perk his lip into a line.

‘W.E. A.R.E’

‘D.U.N.C.E’