The man who knew it all...

Taking You Back

Back at Kris’, the mansion is as quiet as it is. The maids were told to not enter the east wing as there are important ‘guests’ visiting.

“So, are we hostages now?” Baekhyun asks are he sips on his tea. They are in the garden now where baekhyun can have some fresh air.

Kris burst out laughing, his laughter boomed across the glass house. “You’re as sarcastic and hilarious as ever you ever been, Baekhyun!”

The latter smiles shyly at the elder’s compliment. “Seriously though, do you think we’re doing the right thing?”

The elder stop his laughter and his eyes turned serious “Have you forgotten how you were on your way to hell?”

“Not to mention I’ve been there too.” The younger said coldly as he too another sip. “What I’m trying to say is… Is there another way to –“

“Enough! You ought to remember how many people were sacrificed by the hand of ‘them’, you know as much as I do, Baekhyun.” Kris’ words were cold and true. It hit the nail on the spot.

Baekhyun never flinch or blink as he bites on the edge of the cup. Their conversation is tense and yes Baekhyun do understands. However in the bottom of his heart he wonders if ‘Forgiveness’ is the best resolution. Yet so many innocent souls sacrificed…Baekhyun hesitated.

“I’m sorry Kris, I had become selfish…”

Kris signed and lay back the chair “I don’t blame you… it’s in your blood. I understand that. But, remember this Baekhyun, there’re people in the world who do not deserve kindness or any good.”

 


 

Kyungsoo likes children, he really does, Chen is great babysitter, Kyungsoo is amused but for the past hours, being in the same with the great lord of flirting, a.k.a the one and only Kim Jongin is a nightmare… The doe eyed boy thinks god in heavens is testing his guts and patience.

Right now, the doe eyed boy is left alone with the younger while Chen and the park siblings went to “look for more toys.”

“Kyungie –hyung, are you alright?” Jongin asks out of sincerity while munching on a big bag of chips. The rustling crackling noise is pissing Kyungsoo off. Even the boy himself is confused. Is it just his bad mood or nervousness around Kim Jongin?

 

 

Wait…

 

 

Nervous…

 

 

Nervous?

 

What the ??!!

 

 

“Kyungsoo –hyung?”

 

“What the ?!” Kyungsoo spat.

When he realized the words that just roll out his lips, it’s too late. He looked at the other who was sitting on the couch in horror and the other looked at him with the same expression. The tanned boy stared at him with his frozen body. The munching stopped and his hand was half reaching a handful of chips.

At this point, Kyungsoo bet his face is as red as a ripe apple. “I- …no, I-“ Kyungsoo felt weird. He felt as if his body isn’t his anymore. His heart is beating so fast, he felt breathless and there’s a pain in his chest.

“Sorry… wrong timing I guess.” Jongin broke the tension.

“No! Nonononono… I was out of my mind, so…” Kyungsoo explained, blushing hard. “Sorry…” The boy whispers. His head hung low and was too embarrassed to look at the younger.

 

In Jongin’s eyes, Kyungsoo is the cutest, if not, the most adorable. He can be savage at times but it’s what caught Jongin’s attention.

Kyungsoo first caught Jongin’s attention was during the high school’s orientation day. Jongin swear he thought he was a guardian angel on duty, watching down the human world aiding those who needed him. The boy saw him peeking through the curtains from the library on the second floor. Kyungsoo had sickly fair skin. If it wasn’t for Kyungsoo’s red luscious lips and cherry pink cheeks, he would have thought Kyungsoo was a beautiful spirit in the school.

 


 

In the library, Kyungsoo was staring down at the crowd with curious eyes. He wouldn’t had seen Jongin staring back at him with starry eyes and flushed cheeks from the heavy and noisy crowd.

Jongin still remember the first word Kyungsoo told him. It wasn’t anything sweet or romantic. It was more towards cold and rough.

 

“Move.”

 

A low but soft voice, almost inaudible, their shoulder brushed as Kyungsoo cut through the crowd who were spectating a misunderstood hall fight. For a brief second, Jongin thought Kyungsoo was going to stop the fight, except he didn’t…

“Dude, what the ?! I’m having an argument here.” One of the troublemakers spat. He was taller and buffer than Kyungsoo. He had messy blonde hair.

Kyungsoo sighs, “I have class. I need to get my books. You’re blocking my locker.”

Both boys who were having the argument scoffed. “Yah, nitwit, who do you think you are? Do you think we ing care?”

“I’m nobody.” Kyungsoo stared at them with cold eyes. “Of course you don’t.” He continued as pushed both of them apart. He then proceeds to his locker and took out the books he needed. The troublemakers were stunt, so were the crowd. Jongin in the other hand was amused.

*Bang!

The crowd flinches when Kyungsoo swung his locker close suddenly. “Well then.” The petite boy smiles slyly at them. “You may continue with your… seemingly mature ‘argument’.” His mockery pissed the troublemakers off but both wouldn’t lay their hand on him.

That moment, Jongin felt his heart beating like crazy and his face hot like lava.  Before he knew it, he was love struck. When Kyungsoo pass by him the second time, he had his hand on his chest to calm his crazy beating heart, fearing Kyungsoo would notice. Even watching Kyungsoo’s from the back is beautiful scene.

 


 

“H-Hey!”

Jongin was called back to reality.

Kyungsoo was staring back at him with a shy frown. “Stop staring at me like that. It freaks me out.”

It was on this instance Jongin realized he had been staring blankly at Kyungsoo for almost ten minutes. “Wha…” The boy felt his face burning and cold sweat covered his body. “I -…!”

“I’m back es!” Tao exclaimed as he walked in the room as if he’s some victoria secret model with all glam. He dropped his armful of shopping bags in the room not noticing the awkward tension in the room.

Kyungsoo recovered quickly unlike Jongin whose eyes looked like it’s going to pop out anytime,

The doe eyed boy is 100% sure Tao had spent those on Kris’ credit card.

“I’m hungry, when’s lunch?” Kicking his slippers off, he slumps down the couch, ignoring Jongin’s post shock glare. Reaching his long arms he grabs Jongin’s chips and shove em in his mouth “Thanks.”

“...You’re welcome (?)” still lost, the boy stare at his chips devoured by the younger.

Kyungsoo sighs shaking his head dumbfounded.

Soon after, Chen is by the door with the kids, Baekhee came back holding her brother’s hand. As always, the boys face shows no emotions at all. Kyungsoo wondered if Baekhyun’s “boyfriend” looked like Chanhyun, seemingly Baekhee had the characteristics of Baekhyun, playful and cheerful.

“Baekhyun said lunch will be ready soon.” Chen informed while putting the toys on the floor. There were drone, remote controlled toy cars, helicopter…… Jongin looked at them with a tint of jealousy as he had wanted those but his was unable to afford them just yet.

“Kids these days, showered with all the latest technologies ain't it?” Chen said with a bit of sour in his tone.

“No, we didn’t buy it.” Everyone in the room jumped when the always quiet boy speaks. “Mother made them using old toys he found.” Chanhyun said quietly. “That,” he pointed at the drone “Kris-hyung borrowed us.”

“Ohh.” Both Chen and Jongin said in the same time.

Baekhee caught Kyungsoo’s attention when the child tugged his sleeve, grinning ear to ear at the boy. “We should go soon before mommy greet us with his spatular!”

 

Baekhyun was setting up the table before his friends come down for lunch, The stand back and stare at the dining table with his arms fold on his chest as he counts the tableware, making sure he has the number right. He smiles as he hears giggles and uneven footsteps down from the hallway. “Just in time.” He turn his head back as soon they came through the door.

The dining table is fully occupied by various of dishes. From their basic side dishes, appetizers and main course, the desserts comes later. They had omurice, steamed eggs, grilled fish tempuras, baked ham. Their stomach growls angrily while they want for Kris, the owner of the house.

“Kris, what took you so long? I’m starving!” Tao hissed at the blond. He knew Kris too well, knowing the other likes to take his sweet own time. Of course he wouldn’t take enough to be having Tao’s beatings later.

The taller male sat on his seat and sip his mango juice. “I was on the phone with grandma, you idiot. Anyways she has asked for your presences.

Tao gulped. “Anyways, let’s eat first.” He turned to his friends and everyone started to feast. Baekhyun was sitting across him, eating quietly. He is enjoying his lunch but something feels off, and Tao didn’t like it one bit. He would force his thoughtless boyfriend about it later as Tao know it relates to him and his cousin, Park ing Chanyeol. He turned to right to witness his friends making a fool out of themselves. Jongin is choking Jongdae by the elbow and is poking him angrily by the waist  the elder is shrieking in laughter, trying to pry the younger’s hands away.

“What the duck guys.” Tao scolds. “Chanhyun and Baekhee behaved way better than both of you!” The dolls were helping themselves sitting next to Baekhyun. Baekhee is laughing at the oppas while Chanhyun just stare at quietly.  

Kris stares at his lover. He should has the younger’s utmost attention, not his annoying and loud friends. For god sakes they had not seen each other and had contact for two years when Kris was in the military. Plus, with all drama going on, there’s no progress between the couple at all. The elder had been lonely.

“You’re so quiet today.” Baekhyun said while eating his platter quietly. He knew Kris’ personality as they’re similar to Chanyeol’s, their fashion, taste and thoughts.

Kris threw his the knowing look. The smaller smaller male grins.

“Kris, I’m bored, let’s do something fun after lunch!” Tao claims, tugging the elder’s sleeves and showing his cute innocent face. The younger knows Kris would fall for this trick. He slumps his shoulder, eyes wide anpaticating for his answer.

“I thought your friends entertained you more than enough.”

Tao caught the bitter tone from his lover. Kris’ action betrayed him as the way he averts his eyes and how his jaw tighten tells the younger he was jealous. Smirking, Tao would like to tease his boyfriend more.

“Fine then.” Tao turns to Kyungsoo and both male starts chatting about what’s their favorite action movies to who’s their favorite actors.

Kris did not expect the reply and reaction from his adorable boyfriend. He’d bet the younger would be concerned for his bitter tone and avoidance. He glares the younger, burning holes on his skin. His thoughts of how he would tie the younger down the bed was disturbed when he received a phone call from an expected number.

“About time.” He grins and left the dining room.

Baekhyun snickers at Tao’s face when the blonde left the room while his friends oblivious with the situation.

“He did not just left the table.” Tao gasps. “Are you kidding me? Did you see that?!” He point the door Kris just exit. “Is he cheating on me?” Tao asked Baekhyun who is trying hard not to laugh out loud. His friend wouldn’t have known but Tao had a pet peeve in which he hates people leaving the dining table unexpectedly, whatever their reason is. It was a rule set by Tao since he was young. Even his father was not allowed to leave the table no matter what until everyone is finished. As an only child growing up with a single parent, dining with family and friends is the most important thing in the world.

Later that afternoon, Baekhyun was told to stop by the chatting room after lunch by a maid while he was helping washing the dishes.

 


 

“What nerve you have to have me fly from China to meet you here at your ‘hideout’, Kris. Your parents in heaven will be disappointed on you, child.” Mr. Hwang is not impressed. He stood in the middle of the room while his butler stood near the door.

“My apologies sir.” Kris bows at the elder.

Mr. Hwang scoffs “Seriously, kids these days disrespecting the elders with their attitude thinking they know it all.” Mr. Hwang fixed his coat and sat down. “After all the stunts you pulled in my house, I…” Mr. Hwang was speechless. The room was tense and three men were aware where the conversation is heading to.

“How?” Mr. Hwang sighs, pinching the bridge of his nose. “Oh, so foolish of me to think I could keep all those sins committed a secret. Paper can never distinguish fire, soon the crimes will be found. The promise I made to your parents, to keep my mouth shut and to keep you safe. In return, I had to witness the tragedy unfold and my friends, your parents pass right in front my very eyes. I hated myself for being helpless and regretted my decision from the very moment your parents came by my doorstep that moonless night. To betray my friends and assists our enemy… I-” Mr. Hwang’s face is pale and looked devastated. Kris can tell the elder had suffered a lot and had been strong all these years, to bear the unbearable burden.

Kris kneeled beside Mr. Hwang and took his wrinkled hands “I can never thank you more than enough Uncle Hwang. All these years I am grateful for your care and concerns on me as I was growing up. I understand, Uncle Hwang, that my parents sacrificed themselves to avoid more blood spill and chaos in the future. In fact, I thank you that you keep the promise you made to my parents and did not abandon me. But please believe me, I didn’t and will never blame you over their death, Uncle.”

Mr. Hwang signs and hugged Kris “Oh… oh poor child. God above, what am I going to do?” He cried. Mr. Yue had his head low, mourning.

“Uncle,” Kris broke the hug and look at Mr. Hwang sternly “there’s someone I need you to meet.”

The startled face on Mr. Hwang and Mr. Yue did not surprise Kris while Baekhyun walked in the room. The elderly man was in brink of his second breakdown. Surprise soon turn into rage as Mr. Hwang slam him fit on the table and start barking curses.

“Disgusting! Such disgusting people, are they even human? Do they even have a bit of humanity in themselves?”

“It’s been a very long time Uncle Hwang, Mr. Yue.” Baekhyun smiled.

Mr Hwang beckoned the petit boy into his arms while his wrinkled face were damped with tears. “It’s all my fault… I could’ve taken you to our house when I had the chance, before you were taken to that boy’s house insteed. Look what they had done to you? Lord have mercy…”

It was an emotional moment. Baekhyun hugged Mr. Hwang tight while fighting not to cry. He pulled himself together while ensuring the older man he was well and did not regret his decision staying with Chanyeol. Truthfully, he was happy with Chanyeol. Both of them would not live without each other’s existence.

“Uncle Hwang,” Baekhyun sniffed as he kneeled next to the man “please, I beg you.”

“Yes? What are you trying to say my boy, how can I help you, son?”

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Please, please save Chanyeol.”

 

 


 

Yes yes yes, It's not a dream, I finally update after a very very very VERY long time.

It's been a year I know. Some are you are so MAD at me, I know. I'm ready for naggings or cursing from you guys. Come to mama, babe!

I'm really sorry and I apologize sincerely in the bottom of my heart. I’m not trying to make excuses for myself to make you guys to forgive me but 2015 is really a dip roller coaster for me.

I just enroll to college and guess what happen? My health was on the red line (Yeayyyyyy) and it was just annoying and a pile of dip. I had to undergo medication and whatever s for almost half a year, I did not undergo any operations/surgeries tho (so lucky for me, yeayyy).

I was still on asianfanfic but not very active. I read all y'alls comments and scolding but i just don’t know how to tell or explain to you guys about my roller coaster situation. OTL

So yeah… to summaries on WHY I DID NOT UPDATE A CHAPTER (NOT EVEN A CHAPTER) is because: 2015 is a sick and i mean a very sick year for me T.T

I’m ready to receive more scoldings from my readers. I'm sorry and love you guys T.T