Planning the Perfect Proposal

Change
Please log in to read the full chapter

It’s been a roller coaster ride.

 

What happened in the past few weeks-or months-has all been a roller coaster ride. From competing with myself for Yul’s heart, to meeting Jess again, to fighting Yul for the first time, until now...having Yul back in my arms again.

 

Now that I have the love of my life back, I don’t plan on letting her go again. But what I do plan to do is to propose to her, ask her to marry me. Now the problem is… How…?

 

How will I propose to the most precious girl in my life? It has to be perfect.

 

I’m not the most creative person in the world, so I asked for some help from some friends.

 

First, I went back to the orphanage to ask help from Mother Superior and the kids.

“Jonghyun! What brings you here?” Mother Superior asked.

“I just wanted to ask for some advice, Mother.”

“Oh? For what?”

“Well… I’m planning to ask Yuri to marry me.”

“Really? Well, that’s good news! You two look really good together,” she said excitedly.

“But the problem is I don’t know how to propose to her…”

“Proposal is not the one that’s important, Jong. It’s the life you’ll share after marriage that counts.”

“I know… But I just want to make it memorable for her. I want to make her happy and everything…”

“Oh, I know. Why don’t you sing for her?”

“Sing? Hm. I can do that.”

“I’m sure she’ll love it. Why don’t we ask the kids for help?”

“Yeah! That sounds good.”

We went inside to see the kids, and they all welcomed me with warm hugs.

“Oppa! You came back!” Ha-young said, and she hugged me. “I miss you, oppa…”

“Awww… I miss you too, Ha-young…”

“So, what’s up, oppa?” she asked as she pulled away from the hug.

“Yeah, what’s up?” Jae-young suddenly asked.

“Well… Remember your Yul-unnie?”

“That’s noona for me,” Jae-young said. “and yes, I remember her. She’s really beautiful and kind and fun to be with and-”

“Yes! Yul-unnie’s the best!” Ha-young said.

“Well… I’m planning to ask her to marry me.”

“Gasp!  Reeeallllyyy???” Ha-young said cutely.

“Yeah!” I said.

“Woaahhh… Hyung, you’re getting married?”

“Not yet. Not until she says yes to my proposal.”

“So, how are you going to propose?” Ha-young asked.

“That’s my problem. Any ideas? Suggestions?”

“Oh! I know! You can take her to the beach, watch the sunset with her, then ask her to marry you!” Ha-young suggested. “That would be sooo romantic!”

“Good idea!” I turned to Jae-young, “Jae?”

“Hmm… You could also take her to dinner…or better yet, cook for her!”

“Great!”

“I’m sure she’ll say yes, oppa. I know unnie loves you very much.”

“I sure hope so,” I said.

“Well, hyung. You better get going.”

“Whyyyy? Don’t you wanna hang with me anymore?” I pouted.

“I do, but you gotta prepare for your proposal. Come back when you’re soon to be Mr. & Mrs. Kim Jonghyun, alright?”

I smiled, “You got it.”

So, I bid them farewell, and moved on to my next destination.

 

I went to Jess’ house next. She’s Yul’s best friend, so she should know what Yuri will like.

*Ding dong*

“Who is it?”

Please log in to read the full chapter