That Fateful Day

Change
Please log in to read the full chapter

“Sorry, but I’ve found someone else. Goodbye, Hyun.”

“Wait! NO! Don’t go… Don’t leave me alone…”

I wasn’t able to do anything anymore…

 

Hey, my name’s Jonghyun. That scene a while ago? That… was from my break-up… Heh. I used to treat women well until that day… I fell in love with one of the country’s most beautiful women, and this is what I get. Well, if you’d wanna learn my story – how was I before that and after that – I’ll be glad to tell you!

 

I was raised in a wealthy family, but not as wealthy as Jessica’s. Who’s Jessica, you ask? She is my first love. She is also the one that broke my heart which caused my change. Anyway, back to the topic. I was raised as a boy who would respect everyone. I would always be the typical gentleman, and I grew up that way.

 

I was always shy around women and would always stutter when I talk to them. Most women would appreciate what I do for them, but others would simply take advantage of me…

 

I work in my father’s company, KJS Corporation, as the manager. I guess you could say that my position’s pretty high. But hey, don’t think that I got that because my dad’s the CEO. I earned that! Sorry.

 

Okay, so yeah. That’s pretty much my life before Jessica.

 

Now, onto the day I met her…

 

Here goes~

 

I was late on the way to work that day. I bought a cup of coffee and rushed to my office. Because I was rushing, I didn’t really focus on where I was going so I bumped into someone and spilled my coffee all over her. Yes, her.

 

“I-I’m so sorry, miss! I wasn’t focusing!”

“It’s alright,” she said sweetly and flashed her eye smile.

“No, l-let me repay you. T-tell me what I can do.”

“It’s okay. No need to do that.”

“N-no. Uhhh… I-I need to…”

“Why so persistent?”

“I-I was r-raised that w-way…”

“Oohhh~ So you’re sort of a gentleman?”

“Y-you could s-say that…”

“I’m Jessica. Nice to meet you!” she smiled and extended her hand to me.

“Kim. I mean Jong. N-no. Jonghyun Kim. Ah! Kim Jonghyun,” I . But yes, that’s what I said and I shook her hand.

“Hahahaha! You’re funny, Jonghyun! So, how would you repay me?”

“I d-dunno… What would you want?”

“Hmmm…..

…..

…..

I got it!”

“Yes?”

“Let’s go….”

Don’t say shopping. Don’t say shopping. Don’t say shopping. Yes, I didn’t like shopping. Well, not that I didn’t like it. It’s just that I’m not good at it.

“…SHOPPING!!!!”

Great.

 

So we went shopping.

“Oppa, let’s go there!”

“Okay.”

 

“Oppa, I wanna buy this!”

“Uh… Isn’t that a little expensive?”

“Nope!” she grinned.

Yes, I was rich, but I saved my money. I didn’t like spending them all.

 

“Oppa, you want me to buy this for you?” she asked as she showed me a hoodie.

“No, thank you. I’m actually supposed to buy you something.”

“Oh, really?”

“Mhmm,” I nodded.

“In that case…” she smirked.

Please log in to read the full chapter