Somehow we still strangers now

Strangers Series

Uncertainty is one of many words that never crossed Myungsoo’s vocabulary, but since a short moment that happened six months ago, every time Myungsoo sat in one of seat on those coffee shop that well known and somehow become one of the place that people choose for waiting or just anything.

Even though its different, off course its different, Myungsoo’s been travelled around the worlds, many countries to see and pass. Even it’s the same menu for Myungsoo, but the barista is different, the seat is different, even the person around him never the same, but why there’s a feeling that lingered, every time Myungsoo takes his walk inside the coffee shop, something ticking his heart.

 

Six month is not a short time, specially for Myungsoo, its been more than 5 countries, 20 cities, but in that period time since Myungsoo stepped out from that coffee shop in one particular airport, there’s something left there.

 

At first Myungsoo’s thought its caused by food, not the first time, its every time, his stomach kind of sensitive so the uneasiness that he felt, Myungsoo thought another bad food he ate before, but when the second time it happened, Myungsoo knew his breakfast was his mother cooked, so it was impossible for him to got another stomach flu.

When the third times, Myungsoo knew, Myungsoo just knew. Myungsoo didn’t understand but he knew why it happened.

But Myungsoo tried to ignore it. Why? Nothing-peculiar reason. It’s just not something he need at this moment.

For three long months Myungsoo tried to ignore, the more he resist, the more it make him unease, make everything fall apart, make his life kind of upside down. So, in the end Myungsoo decided make a peace with the feeling, it didn’t make him better but at least he function better than before.

 

There’s a new habit Myungsoo does since the fourth month, since he’s okay with the feeling, every time Myungsoo walks in to the shop, before making any order, his eyes will be scan the shop, looking for someone. Even though Myungsoo knows that the chance that someone be there kind of near to zero, but Myungsoo just cant helped it.

 

So, another travel, another short stop for coffee, like usual Myungsoo went to that coffee shop. Like usual his habit just went on without Myungsoo’s realized. But this time Myungsoo felt everything stop because that someone was there, sat in one of the seat, in his suit looked dazzling, still dazzling like Myungsoo remembered vaguely. But this time he wasn’t alone, there’s another man sit in front of him, just like back then but then it was him.

The man also wearing a suit, and just looked at it, that’s not a cheap one.

 

It was took almost a screaming from the barista asking Myungsoo for his order, Myungsoo took a glance, if that man that made his life turn upside down notice his presence or not, and Myungsoo felt disappointed because somehow that man just busy talking with the other.

 

Myungsoo didn’t know, if it’s good or bad when he noticed the only seat that empty was beside the man. Myungsoo is always a positive person, so he thought that this good opportunity.

As Myungsoo wait for his coffee being made, he start think about a way for making a conversation to the man without looks like he being obsessed with the man for the last couple months.

 

The barista handed Myungsoo the coffee, so slowly he walk toward the table, but when its just 5 steps away, the man stand up from his seat and walk out from he coffee shop. Somehow it made Myungsoo stop his step, he just cant believe his luck, really he got no luck at all, but suddenly Myungsoo realized that the other man still sat in his seat, drinking his coffee, means the man will be back.

 

“Excuse me, is this table taken?”

“No,” The other man’s answered. His voice soft but full cheerfulness.

“Thank you,”

 

Myungsoo looked at his watch, and took a glance to his right, the seat still empty. As the other man already finished his coffee and now start reading some documents.

Myungsoo guess both man works the same place, because he remembered the logo. It’s quite weird for Myungsoo still remembered small things that related to the man, even its already 6 months away, but he just cant forget.

 

The action of stealing glances somehow took notice by the other man, he smiled. Myungsoo just nodded.

 

“You know Sungyeol?” The other man asked.

 

So his name is Sungyeol, nice name. Perfect for him.

 

“What? Oh, no,” Myungsoo answered.

“Okay, I thought you know Yeollie. Because you know, you keep look at his seat,”

 

Somehow Myungsoo don’t like this other man, who is he calling his Sungyeol with Yeollie, okay, there’s something wrong with him, Myungsoo’s appearance kept the coolness that able confront the artic while inside him like a volcano ready to spread the lava.

 

“No, I don’t,” there’s a stern feel in Myungsoo’s voice.

“Sorry then,” the other man smiled, he didn’t flinch or not feel the invincible hatred that sent by Myungsoo.

 

Then, they back into silence.

Myungsoo look again to his watch, its time for him to go to his gate. And that man, no, Sungyeol is not back yet.

Hastily Myungsoo get up from his seat, grabbed his leather jacket that he put the chair without bother to put on, because he feeling hot. For once last time Myungsoo glanced at that empty seat before walked away.

 

It took six months for Myungsoo able to see him, but the luck is only for that. For now. Myungsoo still wandered where Sungyeol is. What is he doing, is he all right. And all of its just left wandered.

But this really unpredictable so maybe next time it wont be another six month. Yes, Myungsoo is a positive person. So, Myungsoo made a promise for himself, when he see Sungyeol again, he won’t wait.

 

“Your passport and boarding pass, please,”

Myungsoo’s handed the passport and the boarding pass from his jacket’s pocket.

 

“Sir,” the woman handed Myungsoo a peace of paper.

Myungsoo took it, even though he was sure, he didn’t know about the paper. Because he knew the only stuff inside the pocket will be the passport and boarding pass.

 

 

‘Hi, the name is Woohyun, Nam Woohyun. This is Lee Sungyeol’s phone number’