When us stop being strangers

Strangers Series

This is not the first relationship Sungyeol got in his 27 years of life, but the first time with someone that’s not a woman. Is it weird? Maybe for others but somehow for Sungyeol, its never cross his mind about it, he just fall in love and happy with it.

 

Kim Myungsoo is different, not just the gender but also everything in Sungyeol’s thought. Yes, since that day when they just shared the coffee table at that one airport, Sungyeol already made an imaginary profile of Myungsoo, but what Sungyeol got far better than the stories he imagine in his head.

 

Being with Myungsoo, there’s an up and down, off course every relationship will be like that. Whether you are dating woman or man in this case, always got something to go through it. And the only thing that made their relationship put a never ending in open discussion about the frequent being together. Its not made them tired to each other but wanting to be with someone you love is not anyone fault.

 

Myungsoo is Myungsoo, so with all the travelling he need to do is making him the man that Sungyeol fall in love, therefore never in a second of thought of Sungyeol to think that better Myungsoo find other thing so he can be Sungyeol’s side, even though there’s tons on offers like that.

 

So, when Sungyeol made a decision to go with Myungsoo, to get to know, to love the other side of Myungsoo that he never know, he just packed the clothes that similar with Myungsoo’s always wear, left his suits in his apartment.

Sungyeol knew, even though it will make Woohyun shake just a little bit (Woohyun, sometimes not really want to show much of his feeling but Sungyeol able to feel it), but he will understand and accept it.

 

Sungyeol put the letter in white envelope in Woohyun’s mahogany desk early in one morning, and got call to come to his office from Woohyun a week later just to get a nod and an understanding look.

 

Myungsoo’s eyes looked so bright when Sungyeol told him about it, there’s a moment that Sungyeol’s feet not stood on the ground, there’s a brief that the room kind of spinning, there’s kisses, definitely a lot of kisses showered on Sungyeol face and neck because even until this day, if Sungyeol’s memory goes back to that day, the butterfly in stomach reach his heart and the warmness on his cheeks.

 

The journey that Sungyeol took, all of them breathtaking, not just being together with Myungsoo, he also getting to know the world, the world form Myungsoo’s view. There’s a broken hearted moments, made Sungyeol wonder how a human being, that said got heart able to do things like that, and felt sad until he woken up by sun rise again cuddled in Myungsoo’s warm arms, make him feel secure and happy that this time Myungsoo wasn’t alone to see it, even though Sungyeol just stood there with tears.

Others made Sungyeol grateful for his life, for his love, for the chances on meeting Myungsoo, its so beautiful that made Sungyeol smiles all day, even the whole weeks, spam Woohyun’s email with the pictures and stories.

 

But every journey always come to an end someday, and that day is today for Sungyeol. Its not that Sungyeol not enjoy the life, but its Myungsoo’s not his. Sungyeol doing it because he want to see the whole Myungsoo, as goes the same with Myungsoo that able to feel Sungyeol not for just a couple days or weeks before he got to leave.

 

They already had the long talk last night, and while helping Sungyeol to pack his clothes that somehow not different with Myungsoo, even there’s one or two of Myungsoo’s got packed, Myungsoo’s just let it slipped, as Sungyeol happy with it because he will bring Myungsoo’s scent home, once a while Sungyeol stole a glance and somehow Myungsoo did the same. The habit that will never ending between them.

 

“That’s it,” Myungsoo patted the backpack.

“Yeah,”

“Will be different from now,”

“Yeah,” Sungyeol nodded, he knew it very well.

“Will go back with single bed again,”

“Yeah,” Sungyeol smiled.

“I love you,”

“Love you more,” Sungyeol said and sealed with a kiss that Myungsoo gladly accept.

 

Sungyeol believe that their relationship after this will go beyond, even he is ready to tell his parents about them, not that his parents didn’t know, they surely got the feeling, already read between the lines. 3 years not a short period, especially when he made decision to leave everything and just packed his bag to go with Myungsoo. But Sungyeol never said formally, and now he knew, he is sure, that the next 10 years or 20 years from now, the only face he want to see when he wakes up in the morning or he off to bed will be the one and only by named Kim Myungsoo.

 

Sungyeol knew, it wont be all like walk in the park with rainbows in front of you, but he also knew even there’s a pouring rain or the thunder shaking the sky, Myungsoo and him will be together.

There were one time they just strangers but not anymore. They are nothing like strangers.