Stranger’s Smile

Strangers Series

Sungyeol very well know there’s a lot of things to prepare, but he didn't know the list is endless and with him alone to prepare everything, its so overwhelming, while Myungsoo is in his travel period for another two weeks, even though this will be almost the last trip before he settling in the main office.

 

After long conversations, debates, arguments, and hot bedroom activities in between, Sungyeol agreed that Myungsoo to stop the travelling. Its not that Sungyeol doesn't want have Myungsoo to his side every moment, but Sungyeol really understand Myungsoo’s passion and desk job really not his virtue, but in the end Myungsoo got the final talk with a promise for both of them that's the desk job will only a temporary until the baby is not a baby anymore because Myungsoo doesn't want to lost the baby growth.

 

Sungyeol scratch another item from the list and let out satisfied smile after look at the crib that he just finish assembled. Sungyeol took a picture and send it to Myungsoo with subject ‘item 20 done’.

 

Not long Sungyeol put his phone, it’s ringing that by heart Sungyeol knew the person.

 

“Heeyyyy,”

“You did it!”

“Yeah, cute right?”

“You awesome, Lee Sungyeol!”

“Well, the instructions really clear, so it’s easy. Beside they showed it back in the store,”

“Baby, sorry I am not there to help you,”

“Its alright,”

“I love you,”

“Love you more,”

“Talk to you again tonight?”

“Call!”

 

The phone is ended but Sungyeol’s smile still on his lips, and its still there even he went out for lunch with Woohyun. Even Woohyun’s snarky comment cannot ease the smile. Sungyeol felt very happy.

 

“Oh gosh! I know, you are so lucky, you are so happy, you are so in love but please save it at home. There’s a single person here!” Woohyun complained.

“Sorry. Its just I don't know why, but everything’s just so perfect,” Sungyeol smile apologetic.

“Nah, you are not sorry! But, it’s alright, lets see in a month if that smile still there,”

“Eh, why?”

“Do you think taking care a baby is easy?”

“I know its not,”

“Nope, you don't know. It's a war,”

“What? Woohyun, don't scare me,”

“Huh? Don't you know, baby is evil,”

“Yah, Nam Woohyun! How dare you say that?”

“Don't say I told you so,”

 

What Woohyun said was not taken by heart, but the next day while shopping for baby room’s curtain suddenly Sungyeol got a call from Mrs. Jang of child service and now Sungyeol sat inside Mrs. Jang’s office with almost blank mind, whom inform Sungyeol that If he want to, the baby boy that supposedly Sungyeol bring home with Myungsoo in three weeks, not today with the item still a lot that unchecked and no Myungsoo with him.

 

“So, that's the conditions Mr. Lee,” Mrs. Jang finished explain while Sungyeol just stared at her. “Do you understand?”

 

Woohyun, it's a good thing he was there with Sungyeol. Not because he want to be Woohyun knew he need to be there, because right now Sungyeol’s mind is out of his body with all the things he given by Mrs. Jang.

 

“Thank you, Mrs. Jang. You can sure that everything is ready for Baby Soo,”

“Oh, you already prepare name for him,”

“For full name, Sungyeol and Myungsoo hasn't decide it, but Baby Soo is okay for now right,”

“Yes, sure. Anyway, do you want to see him?”

“Please,”

 

The room full with babies, but then a nurse put the baby to one of the empty crib upfront, and its show a baby with blue ribbon in his left hand. He still sleeping soundly with his little finger in between his mouth, Woohyun somehow cannot take his eyes from the baby, in his mind he know he already captivated by Sungyeol and Myungsoo’s baby.

 

“Sungyeol,” Woohyun whispered afraid to wake up the little man, but after a while there’s no answer and there’s no Sungyeol beside him.

 

For 10 minutes Woohyun look for Sungyeol, only found him, sitting with palm down into his face in one of the bench outside the building.

 

“Hey, what’s up? Don't you want to see the little man? Baby Soo,” Woohyun took a seat beside Sungyeol.

“Woohyun, what should I do?”

“What do you mean?”

“Its so real,”

“Off course its real, you and Myungsoo want it,”

“You said baby is evil,”

“Yah!”

“What? That's what you said yesterday,”

“Have you seen the baby?”

“No,”

“Its not evil, Sungyeol. Maybe not an angel also, but you going to love him,”

“How can you say that? You said it’s going to be war,”

“Because Sungyeol, I think I love him already,”

 

Sungyeol look at Woohyun, there’s no lies in Woohyun’s eyes, somehow its adoration.

 

“Lets meet baby Soo,” Woohyun take Sungyeol’s hand and take him back to the room and ready to be captivated again.

 

Sungyeol is far from perfect as parents, it goes with Myungsoo. But, Sungyeol is sure they will be okay special he got someone like Woohyun at his back that know almost everything to ease his fear to face the future as parents.

 

Sungyeol still scared for facing the war with the not evil but also not angel, even with Myungsoo that will be join later or sooner if Sungyeol break the news tonight, but when that little stranger open his little eyes and show a little smile to Sungyeol (and Woohyun that let out a shriek of surprise), he know he can, will, at least die trying to make this little stranger no stranger anymore and loved him all his life.

At night, after put down baby Soo to bed in the crib that Sungyeol just assembled yesterday, Sungyeol took a picture for sending to Myungsoo with subject ‘I fall in love with a stranger’s smile’.

 

Not long after its, Sungyeol phone buzzed. He picked up without looking the caller id.

 

“Sungyeol-ah…”