Epilogue - Stranger Among Us

Strangers Series

Sungyeol just finished his own made brunch, the foods he made its entire Myungsoo favorite. Today Sungyeol just feeling is the right to do to pack with it. He can hear the buzz that since he arrived in the station even though he put it away in his bag, but those buzzing really cannot be ignore.

Without looking at the caller id, he already know and not really surprise that the miscalled calls reaching 20 from her, the love of his life.

 

Sungyeol decide its time to face everything.

 

“Hel..”

“Appa!” the high pitch voice make Sungyeol left out small laugh while trying to click the sound button to minimal.

“Baby?”

“How could you?”

“Baby, I am sorry. Well, actually I am not,”

“Appa!”

“Okay, I am sorry leaving like that, but if I am not doing it you will push yourself to take me there,”

“Appa, it never something to push if its about you and daddy,”

“I know, I know, that's why I am sorry. But baby, please. I need it,”

“Have you eat?”

“Off course. The train hasn't moving I almost finish everything,”

“Appa, you still the same,” the laughed she let out just endearing to Sungyeol’s ear.

“Well, how bout you? If its cold just re-heat it okay?”

“Appa, don't ever do that again or I will call oppa. Hyunnie samchon really this close to call police,”

“Okay, alright. Never again, so don't bother your oppa okay, he’s busy with his bar exam,”

“Tomorrow morning I will come to get you and that's final, okay?”

“Okie dokie,”

“Take care, appa and send my love to daddy okay?”

“Will do, baby. I will. Love you,”

“Love you more, appa.” With that the line is off but Sungyeol’s smile still there. He never satisfied with the love she always mention, it goes for Sungyeol to Myungsoo. Guess, she’s really Myungsoo’s little girl that not so little anymore.

 

Sungyeol’s smile right away disappeared when his phone buzzing again.

 

“I am okay and she gave me the permit,” Sungyeol said without say hello. I guess being friends all this time those words like hi, hello just outdated for two of them.

“Don't ever do that again. I almost got heart attack and call the police, and those things I don't want to do in early of weekend. First weekend since ages that I got to spend with Sunggyu without the brats,”

“So, I hear,”

“Really I don't know what happen with me to agree to have another kid in this age,”

“But you love those brats,”

“Yeah, I love them. Dang, I am so doom!”

“Tomorrow she will take me home,”

“Okay, have fun and say hi from us to Myungsoo,”

“I will. Have fun with Sunggyu,”

“Off course,”

 

Sungyeol put the phone in his bag again, and this time he’s sure that no one will call him again, but it will be him that calls to check everything back home.

This journey by train really brings a lot of memories for Sungyeol. Travelling with train was one of Myungsoo’s favorite. No traffic but you got time to connect with others.

Kind of funny for Sungyeol at first but when he followed Myungsoo, he understands and it became his favorite also.

 

“Excuse me,”

Sungyeol looked up from book he brought with, “Yes?”

“Is the seat empty?” He pointed the seat in front of Sungyeol.

“Oh, no. Ah, I mean you can have it,”

“Thank you. Actually I sat in the front but I gave it to the family because they got separated seat,”

“Its alright. Hope no one will have the seat,”

“Well, I just move again then,”

“I hope it wont happen,”

 

Hope sometimes different with reality.

 

“I think that's my seat,” said a man while putting his bag in the upper compartment.

“Oh,”

“No need to move, I can seat here,” sad the man again pointed the seat beside the one already used.

“Thank you,”

 

Sungyeol smiled to what happened in front of him, and he back to his book until the journey ended but without miss the friendship between the two people that once stranger to each other in front of him.

Sungyeol parted goodbye to two of them.

 

The breeze not so strong, really like what always Myungsoo love about the place.

 

“This is it. I love you, Myungsoo-ah,” slowly Sungyeol open the case and spread the ashes.

 

For Sungyeol, being parted never a new thing because of Myungsoo always coming back home, coming to him. But, when it was time that took him, Sungyeol only able to understand and accept it.

 

Sungyeol once a stranger to Myungsoo and like versa, but with time they became more and had more. So, that's why Sungyeol didn't dwell in tears when he needs to let Myungsoo go, because what he had with Myungsoo never ended.