It might not be us in the end, but never a stranger

Strangers Series

Woohyun just finished reading the analysis that Sungyeol sent via email, even though he is far far away but Sungyeol still does his work, and will send it when he found connection which is not so many occasions because the places that Myungsoo took Sungyeol not just the tourist site but also the secluded area, but as long Myungsoo able to keep Sungyeol safe, Woohyun didn’t need to send cavalry to bring Sungyeol back in a matter of blinking eyes.

Yes, Woohyun really serious about it, even talked to Myungsoo for hours, and Myungsoo assured Woohyun that no way in the world he will put Sungyeol in danger situation.

 

Woohyun approved the analysis from Sungyeol and just sent to the client, actually he already thought about it, but second opinion never wrong. Woohyun felt a little relief when Sungyeol told him that he still want to help Woohyun, although he refused the payment, but somehow Woohyun wont be Woohyun if not able to make someone change their opinion, so they agreed that Sungyeol will be paid like freelancer analyst, off course with better payment.

 

Woohyun is sure that Myungsoo will taken care Sungyeol, and Sungyeol, himself able to manage himself, because Sungyeol even though he was a simple person but always full planning ahead, so Sungyeol must be prepared in everything, including monetary fund for those time in his traveling period. But with Sungyeol keep on working, make Woohyun a little bit at ease because with that he was sure that Sungyeol still have money for living, his own money.

 

Woohyun never knew when Sungyeol going back home, and never asked, even never reply all the emails that Sungyeol sent if there’s no work related. Actually Woohyun didn’t understand with his action, or maybe he did. But Woohyun already decided that was the best for both of them.

Even though Woohyun never reply, Sungyeol keep sending, telling him the story along with pictures that he took.

 

From all the pictures that Sungyeol sent, never showed Sungyeol himself or Myungsoo, only the view, whether it’s the skies, the rain, the trees, the building or whats left of its, but theres one picture, only that picture, the very first picture that Sungyeol sent.

Woohyun sure that the silhouette of Myungsoo, standing in something like a very tall grass field with both of his hands cover his faces. Although the focus is the sun that getting set away, but that silhouette just captured Woohyun attention. It gave him the feeling of sad and relief. Sad that Sungyeol really went and relief because they are together.

 

Sometimes Woohyun wondered about his life, what’s wrong with it? He got almost everything, he supposedly a very happy person alive, but he also feel empty. Its not that Woohyun never touched by love, one or two Woohyun fall in love, but then fall out love. But it didn’t stop him, Woohyun still searching. Maybe that’s why he felt a little bit envy for Sungyeol and Myungsoo, with a meeting like that, look at them now. Be together and getting stronger than ever.

 

A ding sound from the notebook, make Woohyun realized that he, again look at the picture that somehow framed neatly and put it beside other pictures of his family and friends. An email, and this time from Sunggyu.

 

Its been years, 2 years for exactly that he heard news from Sunggyu. And the last time Sunggyu heading to far away country that where his new research will start, and he looked very enthusiastic, even said he might got a Nobel from it. Woohyun just laughed and nodded while that if it didn’t win him a nobel prize, Woohyun will made one for him. Sunggyu laughed with him.

 

The email just short, informed Woohyun that in a week Sunggyu will be back and asked for brunch, lunch or dinner, whichever that convinient for Woohyun. For others its normal, but its Sunggyu, and the Sunggyu that Woohyun knew wont sent like this. Sunggyu that Woohyun knew, will tell Woohyun where and when to meet. Because Sunggyu always planning ahead, and the excecution always clear and precised.

And after Woohyun read it, his heart started to beating not in normal way. But Woohyun not able to do anything, he will frantically phone Sunggyu, if he got the number. He will hurriedly fly to Sunggyu, if he know the place.

So, what Woohyun able to do, reply and wait for another reply.

 

Woohyun met with Sunggyu a month after the email sent, if Woohyun not surprised, it will be understatement into everything. Sunggyu is changing, Woohyun didn’t know if the changes are good for Sunggyu but if its make Sunggyu happy, Woohyun will be alright with it.

 

But the news that Sunggyu gave, still not reach in Woohyun’s brain. Even its already 3 days from that day. Sunggyu met Woohyun at his office, so no brunch, lunch or dinner. They met only for like 5 minutes or so, and even Woohyun not get the chances to get up from his chair to hug Sunggyu, caused by surprised and mostly shock.

 

Sunggyu getting married and Sunggyu once loved Woohyun. Her name is Kim Hyuna. The wedding will be on next week and Sunggyu hope Woohyun will be there.

 

Sungyeol, suddenly Woohyun only able to think about Sungyeol and Sungyeol alone. Somehow like its an invicible SOS, Sungyeol is now standing in front of Woohyun with a big plastic bag that if Woohyun take a guess that probably for him.

 

Woohyun cried 2 times in his period life if you don’t count the baby pariod, which in his defense he didn’t remember and all babies do is crying. So, today will be the third one. Half of the weighted stone that took residence in his heart since Sunggyu’s announcement lifted, and Woohyun able to breath without much heart ache.

 

“You’re back,”

“Off course,”

 

Sungyeol put down the plastic bag, and walk toward Woohyun and hugging him so tight that Woohyun wondered if his bone still intact. Theres a relief  feeling crept into Woohyun’s heart although Sungyeol got darker but he’s here now. Without saying anything Sungyeol brought Woohyun to the sofa, without any words from Sungyeol, Woohyun start to tell about Sunggyu.

After a minute of silence, Sungyeol looked to Woohyun, he nodded, patted the shoulder and smiled. The plastic bag left forgotten.

 

Woohyun not a coward, far from it, but if not confronting Sunggyu after all he said put him in the team, Woohyun will accept it. Actually Woohyun himself not sure what to say if he went to Sunggyu and asked. Not sure what he gonna do or expect from the talk.

So, Woohyun just wait until the weekend came, and with Sungyeol also Dongwoo and Sungjong that promised him go to the wedding.

But as the day nearer, its tomorrow, Woohyun start to doubt with his decision. Its not that Woohyun got feeling for Sunggyu, yes, Woohyun adored Sunggyu. But the adoration of a brother, adoration for a very smart person. Yes, Woohyun cares a lot about Sunggyu. But the feeling will be same like he feels towards Dongwoo or Sungjong, maybe more but at least same level with Sungyeol. Not care in the way couple does.

But Woohyun starting to try remember about the past, is there any signs or proofs or anything about Sunggyu’s feeling toward him. Was he that oblivious because he didn’t find any, with most of Sunggyu’s life after college been far from Woohyun.

 

“Sometimes, its better left unaswered,” Sungyeol said when they finished their lunch.

 

Maybe, this time for Woohyun is another kind of sometimes. Woohyun want to know the why, how, when, anything. Then, here he was sitting infront Sunggyu that in a couple hours will got someone knock on his door to tell him to get ready for his Wedding.

 

“I always had, you just don’t realize it,” Sunggyu said, calmly.

“You never told me,”

“Whats the point?”

“So, I will know,”

“Then what?”

“Then …”

“Nothing, then nothing.” Sunggyu get up from the sofa, walked toward the windows. “Woohyun, I told you because I want to be selfish just once in my life,”

 

Woohyun didn’t understand the answer that Sunggyu gave, even until now where Woohyun standing in his suit, looking at Sunggyu that wait for his braid to come to him. Sungyeol gave him a small squezz on his hand.

Woohyun left out a breath then he saw Sunggyu’s smile. The smile that made his eyes into a line. Looking at it made Woohyun smile.

 

Woohyun might be not understand, or will never be, but he accept it, then he will be praying that Sunggyu will have a happy life with Hyuna.

The other half weighted in his heart just gone, as if never there after seeing that smile from Sunggyu.