Sunday part 2

My trip to Seoul, South Korea. Sept 16 to Oct. 1, 2013

Sunday 330 pm

Made it to the zoo in one piece. I am getting the hang of the subways! Yay! It was fun. You basically goem ou tof the subway exit (line 4 i think?) at the Seoul Grand Park (exit name). You walk up the stairs to get out and the zoo/gardens and camp grounds are in front of you a ways, (lots of walking!).


What you see to the back of the exit entrance.


The subway entrance. And yes, the sign ABOVE the stairs, warns you of stairs ahead. yea....

 

This is what you see as you walk up to the entrance.

 

 

On the way in there are several food vendors (a lot selling kimbap, corn, twisted sugar donuts, etc). And fresh almost new squid (ew!)
I bought kimbap for 3,000 won, which for the amount of food, it's super cheap. AND the best part is that you can bring ALL the food  INTO the park. (In the states that really doesn't happen. They want you to spend as much money on their crappy food inside, so nothing from outside is allowed :-( )

So I was there from about 10ish to about 1 ish. Much better to go earlier. As I was leaving, it seemes that the masses were invading. AHH!

So Anyways.

You pay at the main entrance only 3,000 won to get in, and you can either walk to the entrance or save your feet and spend 1,000 won to go on the tram.
 

(Yea. i went on the tram).

So I arrived and entered. Go to see lots and lots of anumals, and a cute dolphin and seal performance.  Lots of wandering around and picture taking. Then time to head out.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

(y elephant is um...y?)

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Me and ma new hippo friend :-D

 

Had my kimpbabp halfway through and hours later i am still full.

 

The park is very large with there being places to hike, to go camping, the zoo, botanical garderns, and an amusement park.  I thought about stopping in there (at the amusement park), but I decided Lotte World would be good enough. :)

 

I took the tram back (i am lazy), and subwayed to back to Hongik University. Then I did my runway walk to music (haha just walk like you have a place to go. lol) and back to the room to recharge.  Myself, and my phone/ipods.  (This charger takes forever btw). ARGH!

I LOVE red bean filled stuff. LOVE IT.


I am deciding if i want to go see a "Broadway" play tonight. Key from SHINee is in Bonnie and Clyde (a Frank Wildhorne play...love his other plays, Scarlet Pimpernell and Jeckyll & Hyde), so I may go see that or I'd like to see Jack the Ripper too.

Wanted to see Elizabeth, but that is no longer playing in Seoul. Maybe I will find the soundtrack. Oh Junsu! Anything for you! lol. yea.

 

So that is where I am right now. Talking on facebook with my fellow kpop enthusiest Sarah (She was on the MNET America Kpop tv show that was filmed during Kcon. Anyone see it?) .. and I am writing this out. Yay!

Jen out.

 

PS. I will be seeing Key from SHINee perform in Bonnie and Clyde on Tuesday!! WOOO!!!!